Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,150
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Developer: TBA
Platform: Nintendo Switch
Release Date: 2018

Since this game is going to be at E3, may as well get the topic ready for all the stuff we'll find out. I hope they don't reveal everything like they did with 3DS/Wii U, just so there's some surprises in store for everyone. I'm still expecting it to be a definitive version of the 3DS/Wii U Smash with extra content added in and maybe some tweaks to things. I doubt they built this thing from the ground up.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,150 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Developer: TBA
Platform: Nintendo Switch
Release Date: 2018

Since this game is going to be at E3, may as well get the topic ready for all the stuff we'll find out. I hope they don't reveal everything like they did with 3DS/Wii U, just so there's some surprises in store for everyone. I'm still expecting it to be a definitive version of the 3DS/Wii U Smash with extra content added in and maybe some tweaks to things. I doubt they built this thing from the ground up.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
You know what? I honestly will probably pick this up cheap at one point, and I think it'll be cool to see all the character in there and hopefully the return of the Ice Climbers.

Just I don't think it'll be a game I play much. I think it'll be more like an updated version of the Wii U and 3DS smash. If it was entirely built grounds up for the Switch I'm going to be really shocked.
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
You know what? I honestly will probably pick this up cheap at one point, and I think it'll be cool to see all the character in there and hopefully the return of the Ice Climbers.

Just I don't think it'll be a game I play much. I think it'll be more like an updated version of the Wii U and 3DS smash. If it was entirely built grounds up for the Switch I'm going to be really shocked.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I'm on the fence if the Smash Bros. Switch is going to be an updated Smash 4, or an entirely new game. Really can't tell, but can imagine being either one. Even though Smash 4 came out four years ago, seems to lean towards a definitive version of that. Since 2008 Brawl it's a 6 year gap, and from the announcement it was assumed to be a '18 title. It is possible though, they've used Smash 4 as a base to start a new game. Support pretty much stopped after Bayonetta and Corrin, apart from some tweaks, which was....I forgot when.

The wait however is finally over for tomorrow. Also the invitational, I REALLY want to see that live.

Splatoon's Inklings are well deserved as newcomers. BoW Link pretty much was a must too.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I'm on the fence if the Smash Bros. Switch is going to be an updated Smash 4, or an entirely new game. Really can't tell, but can imagine being either one. Even though Smash 4 came out four years ago, seems to lean towards a definitive version of that. Since 2008 Brawl it's a 6 year gap, and from the announcement it was assumed to be a '18 title. It is possible though, they've used Smash 4 as a base to start a new game. Support pretty much stopped after Bayonetta and Corrin, apart from some tweaks, which was....I forgot when.

The wait however is finally over for tomorrow. Also the invitational, I REALLY want to see that live.

Splatoon's Inklings are well deserved as newcomers. BoW Link pretty much was a must too.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
E3 2018: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Details
Nintendo finished off their E3 Direct with a smash, by unveiling all the details of the upcoming Super Smash Bros. game for Nintendo Switch.

Title
Super Smash Bros. for the Nintendo Switch will be called Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

Fighters
Every single fighter in Smash Bros. history is part of the roster for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate! Can't remember everybody? Here's a run down:

Fighter Changes
A lot of changes are coming to the fighters for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, and here's a run down of every change shown in the video at the top of this post:

Assist Trophies
K.O.ing an Assist Trophy will now give you a point, however not every one of them can be knocked out. Also, here is every confirmed Assist Trophy:
  • Squid Sisters - During their concert, the camera will zoom in towards them, shrinking the play area to make knockouts easier.
  • Jeff
  • Knuckle Joe
  • Metroid
  • Lyn
  • Waluigi
  • Andross
  • Nintendogs
  • Riki
  • Bomberman
  • Starfy
  • Burrowing Snagret
  • Midna
  • Sukapon
In total there will be more than 50 Assist Trophies in the final game.

Items
A few new items were shown, including Bewear, Solgaleo, Healing Field, Black Hole, Fake Smash Ball, and Launch Star. More new Pokemon and items have yet to be revealed.

Stages
Here is every stage confirmed for the game:
  • Prism Tower
  • Green Greens
  • Spear Pillars
  • Mario Galaxy
  • Midgar
  • Kongo Falls
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Princess Peach's Castle
  • Spirit Train
  • Frigate Orpheon
  • Green Hill Zone
  • New Pork City
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Tortimer Island
  • Moray Towers (Splatoon)
  • Great Plateau Tower (Breath of the Wild)
  • Shadow Moses Island
  • Wily Castle (has hazards from Wii U and 3DS versions)
All stages will have Battlefield and Omega versions. Their sizes and terrain are all the same, but their appearances and music will alter.

Gamecube Controllers
You can use a Gamecube controller to play the game!

amiibo
All Super Smash Bros. amiibo figures are compatible with the game, as well as amiibo of those characters from other series. FP data from previous titles can be transferred into the game.

Ridley and Daisy will be getting Smash amiibo.

Release Date
You can purchase Super Smash Bros. Ultimate on December 7th, 2018!

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
E3 2018: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Details
Nintendo finished off their E3 Direct with a smash, by unveiling all the details of the upcoming Super Smash Bros. game for Nintendo Switch.

Title
Super Smash Bros. for the Nintendo Switch will be called Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

Fighters
Every single fighter in Smash Bros. history is part of the roster for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate! Can't remember everybody? Here's a run down:

Fighter Changes
A lot of changes are coming to the fighters for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, and here's a run down of every change shown in the video at the top of this post:

Assist Trophies
K.O.ing an Assist Trophy will now give you a point, however not every one of them can be knocked out. Also, here is every confirmed Assist Trophy:
  • Squid Sisters - During their concert, the camera will zoom in towards them, shrinking the play area to make knockouts easier.
  • Jeff
  • Knuckle Joe
  • Metroid
  • Lyn
  • Waluigi
  • Andross
  • Nintendogs
  • Riki
  • Bomberman
  • Starfy
  • Burrowing Snagret
  • Midna
  • Sukapon
In total there will be more than 50 Assist Trophies in the final game.

Items
A few new items were shown, including Bewear, Solgaleo, Healing Field, Black Hole, Fake Smash Ball, and Launch Star. More new Pokemon and items have yet to be revealed.

Stages
Here is every stage confirmed for the game:
  • Prism Tower
  • Green Greens
  • Spear Pillars
  • Mario Galaxy
  • Midgar
  • Kongo Falls
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Princess Peach's Castle
  • Spirit Train
  • Frigate Orpheon
  • Green Hill Zone
  • New Pork City
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Tortimer Island
  • Moray Towers (Splatoon)
  • Great Plateau Tower (Breath of the Wild)
  • Shadow Moses Island
  • Wily Castle (has hazards from Wii U and 3DS versions)
All stages will have Battlefield and Omega versions. Their sizes and terrain are all the same, but their appearances and music will alter.

Gamecube Controllers
You can use a Gamecube controller to play the game!

amiibo
All Super Smash Bros. amiibo figures are compatible with the game, as well as amiibo of those characters from other series. FP data from previous titles can be transferred into the game.

Ridley and Daisy will be getting Smash amiibo.

Release Date
You can purchase Super Smash Bros. Ultimate on December 7th, 2018!
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him

And now for my toned down reaction.

This game is going to be HUGE. Holy moly, I'm so happy to hear about every playable character in the series has returned. Charizard has reverted back to Pokémon Trainer. Ganondorf uses a freaking sword, and many characters can use alterations for special moves like Palutena. Three Links, two Marios, I don't care. Ice Climbers, Wolf, Pichu and Snake are back. Totally awesome! Grin I need this game!

EDIT: Moony, you posted before me, and you're posting everything. OK. XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him

And now for my toned down reaction.

This game is going to be HUGE. Holy moly, I'm so happy to hear about every playable character in the series has returned. Charizard has reverted back to Pokémon Trainer. Ganondorf uses a freaking sword, and many characters can use alterations for special moves like Palutena. Three Links, two Marios, I don't care. Ice Climbers, Wolf, Pichu and Snake are back. Totally awesome! Grin I need this game!

EDIT: Moony, you posted before me, and you're posting everything. OK. XD
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Don't forget the most requested character actually made it into this new Smash Bro's title.

[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Don't forget the most requested character actually made it into this new Smash Bro's title.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I will put this into the post I'm working on, but Ridley and Daisy will be getting Smash Amiibo's at some point. I don't think they gave a date for them but I may have missed it.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I will put this into the post I'm working on, but Ridley and Daisy will be getting Smash Amiibo's at some point. I don't think they gave a date for them but I may have missed it.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I mentioned Ridley and Daisy in my first part of the post (not the amiibo bit). Awesome both of them made it into this game, along with Inklings of course. Funny, Daisy Ridley.

Waiting on the Invitational now. Saw bits of the Treehouse segment on Smash Bros. Ultimate. During Sudden Death, flames appear around the screen and slowly zooms in, the longer the SD takes. I'm assuming anyone touched by flames are instantly K.O.'d regardless of being hit into them or not.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I mentioned Ridley and Daisy in my first part of the post (not the amiibo bit). Awesome both of them made it into this game, along with Inklings of course. Funny, Daisy Ridley.

Waiting on the Invitational now. Saw bits of the Treehouse segment on Smash Bros. Ultimate. During Sudden Death, flames appear around the screen and slowly zooms in, the longer the SD takes. I'm assuming anyone touched by flames are instantly K.O.'d regardless of being hit into them or not.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Looks like the box art is already out:

[Image: Screen-Shot-2018-06-12-at-9.53.12-AM.png]

I'm so happy they're using that awesome art piece they showed during the Direct! Grin

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Looks like the box art is already out:

[Image: Screen-Shot-2018-06-12-at-9.53.12-AM.png]

I'm so happy they're using that awesome art piece they showed during the Direct! Grin
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I was hoping they'd use a version of that wide spread image depicting the characters, too. Worthy box art.  =3
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I was hoping they'd use a version of that wide spread image depicting the characters, too. Worthy box art.  =3
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I hope the inside cover is the wide version of the art as that'd be a cool place to put it.

Also, Snake's original voice actor will be returning to voice Snake in this game.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I hope the inside cover is the wide version of the art as that'd be a cool place to put it.

Also, Snake's original voice actor will be returning to voice Snake in this game.
King Atem Offline
Playstation King
Currently Playing
Ni No Kuni: WotWW HD [PS4]
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2 | PS4 | Switch
XP: 1,163
Chrono (Shiny) Tomb Raider Fallout 
Um..........this looks like an enhanced & remastered WiiU port. It's pretty & full of new pretty characters, along with a fan favorite request getting finally filled.. I just don't know if I'm interested tbh. Eh

Maybe more will be shown before this drops & it'll change my mind. But at the moment, I'm leaning on a no for this in favor of the Shonen Jump cross over Brawler. "^_^
King Atem Offline
Playstation King
Currently Playing
Ni No Kuni: WotWW HD [PS4]
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2 | PS4 | Switch
XP: 1,163 Chrono (Shiny) Tomb Raider Fallout 
Um..........this looks like an enhanced & remastered WiiU port. It's pretty & full of new pretty characters, along with a fan favorite request getting finally filled.. I just don't know if I'm interested tbh. Eh

Maybe more will be shown before this drops & it'll change my mind. But at the moment, I'm leaning on a no for this in favor of the Shonen Jump cross over Brawler. "^_^
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Glad Snake's got his original VA.

Not sure if it was his original VA in Brawl and 4, but Ike's has changed when they demonstrated the two voices of his. I definitely preferred how he sounded in the two games previous, even if it was a bit weird his voice didn't change slightly for his Radiant Dawn model in 4. Voice suited him better. Unless it's a stand in for something else, but I doubt it. Ike was a character I played in Brawl and 3DS, so that bothers me a bit. Eh. There were other voices transitioning between games I haven't like before which don't bother me anymore, so I'll probably get over it anyway.

There was something else I was getting nitpicky about, but forgot what that was now....
Remember it now, that Smash Attacks are used by pressing A and B. Hmm. Don't know about that one, don't like the idea. Perhaps it's so Joy Cons can be implemented, so other controllers with more buttons...*remembers Controller options in Smash 4* OK, maybe we can change that for preferences. XD

Anyone wanting to find out a bit more about each character, all Fighters are up on the SSBU official site with a short video and images for each one. May see new things, like what stages and new moves. Dr. Mario now has a spike kick for his down aerial move, and Ganondorf uses a sword for Smash Attacks.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Glad Snake's got his original VA.

Not sure if it was his original VA in Brawl and 4, but Ike's has changed when they demonstrated the two voices of his. I definitely preferred how he sounded in the two games previous, even if it was a bit weird his voice didn't change slightly for his Radiant Dawn model in 4. Voice suited him better. Unless it's a stand in for something else, but I doubt it. Ike was a character I played in Brawl and 3DS, so that bothers me a bit. Eh. There were other voices transitioning between games I haven't like before which don't bother me anymore, so I'll probably get over it anyway.

There was something else I was getting nitpicky about, but forgot what that was now....
Remember it now, that Smash Attacks are used by pressing A and B. Hmm. Don't know about that one, don't like the idea. Perhaps it's so Joy Cons can be implemented, so other controllers with more buttons...*remembers Controller options in Smash 4* OK, maybe we can change that for preferences. XD

Anyone wanting to find out a bit more about each character, all Fighters are up on the SSBU official site with a short video and images for each one. May see new things, like what stages and new moves. Dr. Mario now has a spike kick for his down aerial move, and Ganondorf uses a sword for Smash Attacks.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I know Mario's character video features a scene of New Donk City from Odyssey, which would be neat to get a stage for.

What I'm most interested in seeing now is news about the single player side of the game. Will it be a campaign, or something similar to the 3DS version? I'd like it if Smash Run came back as a mode because that was super fun. Grin

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I know Mario's character video features a scene of New Donk City from Odyssey, which would be neat to get a stage for.

What I'm most interested in seeing now is news about the single player side of the game. Will it be a campaign, or something similar to the 3DS version? I'd like it if Smash Run came back as a mode because that was super fun. Grin
Hotspot Offline
Does this avatar make me look fat?
Currently Playing
Overwatch, Legend of Zorldo: Breath of the Winds
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2
XP: 268
Mega Man Bioshock 
I'm glad to see they FINALLY added the goddess herself, Daisy! To smash, it's about time! They just added the best Mario character, and better than that whore Peach! That's for sure!. I do wish they gave her more unique attacks though, otherwise Peach just looks like a Daisy knock off. (Really, that girl is always trying to make herself look better... But we all know, Daisy is the best! : P) (Don't take me that seriously fyi)

I haven't actually played a smash bros game since Brawl, but I do have the switch, so I could get this in the future.

Some of my posts are satire, so don't take me too seriously! : P
Hotspot Offline
Does this avatar make me look fat?
Currently Playing
Overwatch, Legend of Zorldo: Breath of the Winds
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2
XP: 268 Mega Man Bioshock 
I'm glad to see they FINALLY added the goddess herself, Daisy! To smash, it's about time! They just added the best Mario character, and better than that whore Peach! That's for sure!. I do wish they gave her more unique attacks though, otherwise Peach just looks like a Daisy knock off. (Really, that girl is always trying to make herself look better... But we all know, Daisy is the best! : P) (Don't take me that seriously fyi)

I haven't actually played a smash bros game since Brawl, but I do have the switch, so I could get this in the future.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Super Mario RPG (Remake) Moonface 19 2,121 Nov 13th, 2023, 03:46 PM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  Super Mario Bros. Wonder Moonface 35 2,773 Oct 26th, 2023, 07:01 PM
Last Post: queenzelda
  New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe JennyorAlice 3 4,454 Jul 13th, 2022, 11:06 PM
Last Post: WR91
  Super Mario Bros. (Series) WR91 3 3,307 Jan 12th, 2021, 06:17 PM
Last Post: Moonface