NieR (Series) | NieR 3 Teased?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,667
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Jun 29th, 2021, 08:45 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
No time limits, but as with most other gacha games, you will be able to re-fill your stamina using premium currency if you want to continue progressing/farming without waiting for your stamina to refill over time.
So what can you do when your stamina is refilling? Since you make it sound like there's still other things you can do since you don't equate it to a time limit you need to wait on to be able to play more of the game.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,667 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Jun 29th, 2021, 08:45 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
No time limits, but as with most other gacha games, you will be able to re-fill your stamina using premium currency if you want to continue progressing/farming without waiting for your stamina to refill over time.
So what can you do when your stamina is refilling? Since you make it sound like there's still other things you can do since you don't equate it to a time limit you need to wait on to be able to play more of the game.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,736
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
You won't be able to run any levels without stamina, so there really isn't much to do when you're out. That's why a lot of people who play gacha games, me included, play several of them. So that way when we run out of stamina in one, and can't do anything else until it refills, we can go play another one.
2023 Platinum Goal: 2/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Tunic
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,736 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
You won't be able to run any levels without stamina, so there really isn't much to do when you're out. That's why a lot of people who play gacha games, me included, play several of them. So that way when we run out of stamina in one, and can't do anything else until it refills, we can go play another one.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Well, as long as the wait isn't super long or the progress you can make isn't minimal then it probably isn't too bad. Smile

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Well, as long as the wait isn't super long or the progress you can make isn't minimal then it probably isn't too bad. Smile
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Holy heck this is nuts! I genuinely thought the cheat code in this post was one of the last tricks left up Automata's sleeve and then someone just casually found this. According to the Tweet thread, this person was asking why their friends couldn't access the church in the Copied City and no one knew what they were talking about so asked for a video, this is what got posted, and everyone understandably lost their minds.

I'm shocked this wasn't found on the PC version already by someone just clipping a free roam camera out of bounds, unless it isn't possible to get one functioning in the game.

Crazy! Shock

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Holy heck this is nuts! I genuinely thought the cheat code in this post was one of the last tricks left up Automata's sleeve and then someone just casually found this. According to the Tweet thread, this person was asking why their friends couldn't access the church in the Copied City and no one knew what they were talking about so asked for a video, this is what got posted, and everyone understandably lost their minds.

I'm shocked this wasn't found on the PC version already by someone just clipping a free roam camera out of bounds, unless it isn't possible to get one functioning in the game.

Crazy! Shock
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yoko Taro probably sitting there like "Ugh, finally. About time someone found that."

Makes me wonder how many other hidden things are in Nicer Automata. I know Yoko said he'd hidden a few.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yoko Taro probably sitting there like "Ugh, finally. About time someone found that."

Makes me wonder how many other hidden things are in Nicer Automata. I know Yoko said he'd hidden a few.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Turns out that none of the stuff that person was showing was actually canon content. Shockingly, it was all modded in, which is a huge breakthrough because the modding community for this game were convinced this wasn't a mod because none of them knew this was feasible. Some chad in Japan just managed to mod the game in ways never thought possible.

I hope they share how they did it so we can see what awesome things might get made for this game. Being able to have whole new areas or edit existing ones can bring so much to the game for players who have already gone through everything and want to experience more things with Automata.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Turns out that none of the stuff that person was showing was actually canon content. Shockingly, it was all modded in, which is a huge breakthrough because the modding community for this game were convinced this wasn't a mod because none of them knew this was feasible. Some chad in Japan just managed to mod the game in ways never thought possible.

I hope they share how they did it so we can see what awesome things might get made for this game. Being able to have whole new areas or edit existing ones can bring so much to the game for players who have already gone through everything and want to experience more things with Automata.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The Nier: Automata Mod That Fooled The World
Remember when the internet went into a frenzy over someone sharing footage of areas in Nier: Automata that nobody had ever seen or heard about before which turned out to be a mod that was never known to be possible? IGN decided to track down and reach out to the three people who were behind that infamous moment and put together this really cool story about the entire ordeal: https://www.ign.com/articles/the-nier-au...de-stories

Haven't read it all myself yet but just started and this looks like it'll be a really cool read. Grin

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The Nier: Automata Mod That Fooled The World
Remember when the internet went into a frenzy over someone sharing footage of areas in Nier: Automata that nobody had ever seen or heard about before which turned out to be a mod that was never known to be possible? IGN decided to track down and reach out to the three people who were behind that infamous moment and put together this really cool story about the entire ordeal: https://www.ign.com/articles/the-nier-au...de-stories

Haven't read it all myself yet but just started and this looks like it'll be a really cool read. Grin
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Hmm, just saw this interesting rumor/speculation that NieR 3 may have been teased at a NieR concert in London:

SanTheSly @ ResetEra Wrote:
Anecdote from the NieR London concert but Yoko Taro took the stage at the end, told the audience that the Square Enix president was in the crowd and that if we wanted an Automata sequel to give the loudest applause of the night.

The room immediately erupted into claps, cheers and yells.

How much of what Taro said is true is up for debate but the case was made abundantly clear in person to Taro himself, at the very least.

Mild concert content spoilers:

Also at one point during the story of the show; the word REPENT was shown repeatedly as part of some dialogue. The final instance was spelled as R3PENT. Both me and the person I'd gone with picked up on it and wondered if this was a tease
Source: https://www.resetera.com/threads/rumor-n...nt.820449/

I can't imagine Yoko Taro and the SE President would encourage the audience to cheer for a sequel if one wasn't happening. If there was a third NieR game though (I know there was that mobile game but fuck that thing) would it be another standalone style sequel like Automata was or will it be a direct sequel to Automata because of how successful that game was for the series? Hmm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Hmm, just saw this interesting rumor/speculation that NieR 3 may have been teased at a NieR concert in London:

SanTheSly @ ResetEra Wrote:
Anecdote from the NieR London concert but Yoko Taro took the stage at the end, told the audience that the Square Enix president was in the crowd and that if we wanted an Automata sequel to give the loudest applause of the night.

The room immediately erupted into claps, cheers and yells.

How much of what Taro said is true is up for debate but the case was made abundantly clear in person to Taro himself, at the very least.

Mild concert content spoilers:

Also at one point during the story of the show; the word REPENT was shown repeatedly as part of some dialogue. The final instance was spelled as R3PENT. Both me and the person I'd gone with picked up on it and wondered if this was a tease
Source: https://www.resetera.com/threads/rumor-n...nt.820449/

I can't imagine Yoko Taro and the SE President would encourage the audience to cheer for a sequel if one wasn't happening. If there was a third NieR game though (I know there was that mobile game but fuck that thing) would it be another standalone style sequel like Automata was or will it be a direct sequel to Automata because of how successful that game was for the series? Hmm
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
(Feb 24th, 2024, 11:28 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Yoko Taro would 100% make a crowd cheer for absolutely no reason. He's one of the biggest trolls out there.

It's more likely that a third NieR game has already been green lit at Square Enix (especially if the word Repent has anything to do with it, that means the title has already been chosen) and Yoko Taro being armed with that information, decided to do a little trolling and make the crowd think that they had the power to make a third game happen, just because he likes to mess with people like that.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
(Feb 24th, 2024, 11:28 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Yoko Taro would 100% make a crowd cheer for absolutely no reason. He's one of the biggest trolls out there.

It's more likely that a third NieR game has already been green lit at Square Enix (especially if the word Repent has anything to do with it, that means the title has already been chosen) and Yoko Taro being armed with that information, decided to do a little trolling and make the crowd think that they had the power to make a third game happen, just because he likes to mess with people like that.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
It's funny if the audience thought that cheering would be what can help convince SE to green light a third game because those people buying tickets to the concert would've been sufficient in the first place. Tongue

What would you say is the most trolly thing Yoko has done btw?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
It's funny if the audience thought that cheering would be what can help convince SE to green light a third game because those people buying tickets to the concert would've been sufficient in the first place. Tongue

What would you say is the most trolly thing Yoko has done btw?
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I know know about what the most trolly thing he's done is, but my favorite Yoko Taro moment is when someone asked what he thought of all the lewd 2B art going around and he answered that he needed someone to collect all of it into one file and send it to him.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I know know about what the most trolly thing he's done is, but my favorite Yoko Taro moment is when someone asked what he thought of all the lewd 2B art going around and he answered that he needed someone to collect all of it into one file and send it to him.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Man, I tried looking up what his best trolls could've been but it seems there aren't many results and also he does it so much that nobody really manages to keep track of it all. Just about any interview he does involves some shitpost answer at some point. ROFL

Would you want this third game to follow directly from Automata or be a standalone style thing like the existing NieR games already are @Dragon Lord?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Man, I tried looking up what his best trolls could've been but it seems there aren't many results and also he does it so much that nobody really manages to keep track of it all. Just about any interview he does involves some shitpost answer at some point. ROFL

Would you want this third game to follow directly from Automata or be a standalone style thing like the existing NieR games already are @Dragon Lord?
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I love the hell out of 2B, so I would be 100% okay with a direct Automata sequel. As anyone who saw the true ending of the game knows, we saw 2B and 9S being reconstructed by the Pods at the end, so they've already set it up for the possibility of 2B returning as the lead of the next game.

Though if it's set far into the future like Automata was compared to Replicant, I'd be okay with that too. I guess it could still be far into the future AND still have 2B as the lead due to her being an Android and all, so either way there would be a chance I could still get what I want regardless of which direction they would take with it.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I love the hell out of 2B, so I would be 100% okay with a direct Automata sequel. As anyone who saw the true ending of the game knows, we saw 2B and 9S being reconstructed by the Pods at the end, so they've already set it up for the possibility of 2B returning as the lead of the next game.

Though if it's set far into the future like Automata was compared to Replicant, I'd be okay with that too. I guess it could still be far into the future AND still have 2B as the lead due to her being an Android and all, so either way there would be a chance I could still get what I want regardless of which direction they would take with it.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 1st, 2024, 09:30 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

Oh they're actually being reconstructed in the true ending of Automata? I knew their "data" was recovered and the pods debated whether A2, 2B and 9S would repeat the events of Automata but I thought where that data ends up is left ambiguous. I don't even know where they would get new bodies from, because the main station falls to the logic virus attack at the start of Route C and is no longer usable for backups or recoveries.

Regardless of whether it's right after Automata or way into the future, I wonder what the story would be. The machines seem to be fully dealt with by the end of Automata, and we also know humanity is dead entirely so that motive for doing things isn't coming back. Hmm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 1st, 2024, 09:30 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

Oh they're actually being reconstructed in the true ending of Automata? I knew their "data" was recovered and the pods debated whether A2, 2B and 9S would repeat the events of Automata but I thought where that data ends up is left ambiguous. I don't even know where they would get new bodies from, because the main station falls to the logic virus attack at the start of Route C and is no longer usable for backups or recoveries.

Regardless of whether it's right after Automata or way into the future, I wonder what the story would be. The machines seem to be fully dealt with by the end of Automata, and we also know humanity is dead entirely so that motive for doing things isn't coming back. Hmm

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rayman (Series) Moonface 18 9,884 8 hours ago
Last Post: Moonface
  Hades (Series) | Hades II Early Access Announcement Moonface 15 6,519 Apr 17th, 2024, 10:19 PM
  Dragon's Dogma (Series) Moonface 120 12,737 Apr 12th, 2024, 09:29 PM
  Persona (Series) | P3R Episode Aigis – The Answer Revealed Moonface 20 1,433 Apr 7th, 2024, 07:42 PM
  Pokémon (Series) | Feb. 27 Presents Summary Moonface 100 26,721 Apr 7th, 2024, 07:26 PM