Pokémon: Let's Go
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
The design reminds me of the Unown Pokemon, but for a first 8th Gen design it isn't really making a good impression of what to expect from that generations designs. I know every gen has its simpler looking Pokemon, but to start off with one probably doesn't instill much confidence in people.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
The design reminds me of the Unown Pokemon, but for a first 8th Gen design it isn't really making a good impression of what to expect from that generations designs. I know every gen has its simpler looking Pokemon, but to start off with one probably doesn't instill much confidence in people.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I got Shira this for Christmas, and while I've not played any I do have one observation I'd like to share in regards to the capturing system.

If they stick with the method of capturing Pokemon without battling them first, EXP needs to be renamed as it feels jarring to see your party get experience for the trainer doing something they had no part in. However, that problem could just be avoided entirely if the next Switch Pokemon game takes a different approach to capturing Pokemon:

When entering a wild encounter, the player should have the choice to either weaken the Pokemon by battling it like in old games, and then doing the Pokeball throwing mini-game to perform the capture, or they can avoid the battle aspect entirely and just use fruit to try and increase their chances of capturing a Pokemon like it works in this game. It would also help to get EXP without having to capture Pokemon and then release them, which seems to be the only way you're going to be able to get EXP in this game when there's no one left to fight in the world.

I understand they went with just the capture aspect for this game because of its tie-in to GO, but I think the next best evolution for it is what I just said. It would appeal to players of the OG games while also keeping the approach this game takes without forcing anyone to pick one over the other.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I got Shira this for Christmas, and while I've not played any I do have one observation I'd like to share in regards to the capturing system.

If they stick with the method of capturing Pokemon without battling them first, EXP needs to be renamed as it feels jarring to see your party get experience for the trainer doing something they had no part in. However, that problem could just be avoided entirely if the next Switch Pokemon game takes a different approach to capturing Pokemon:

When entering a wild encounter, the player should have the choice to either weaken the Pokemon by battling it like in old games, and then doing the Pokeball throwing mini-game to perform the capture, or they can avoid the battle aspect entirely and just use fruit to try and increase their chances of capturing a Pokemon like it works in this game. It would also help to get EXP without having to capture Pokemon and then release them, which seems to be the only way you're going to be able to get EXP in this game when there's no one left to fight in the world.

I understand they went with just the capture aspect for this game because of its tie-in to GO, but I think the next best evolution for it is what I just said. It would appeal to players of the OG games while also keeping the approach this game takes without forcing anyone to pick one over the other.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
As I haven't paid much attention to Let's Go Pikachu/ Eevee, is that capturing system the only method (plus the fruit)? Yeah, either way, seems like something that definitely needs to be changed, at least the EXP for doing nothing.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
As I haven't paid much attention to Let's Go Pikachu/ Eevee, is that capturing system the only method (plus the fruit)? Yeah, either way, seems like something that definitely needs to be changed, at least the EXP for doing nothing.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Well there are two ways of getting exp: batteling against Pokemon trainers & catching Pokemon in the wild. When you catch Pokemon in the wild you can use different kind of berries to get the Pokemon to stay still, liking you for long enough for a time so that they're able to be caught. There's also one more berry I'm not sure what it's effects are, but it looks like a pineapple. After you use your berry(berries) of choice you then go on to the mini throwing game to catch the Pokemon. Once caught, your Pokemon get experience.

This way of catching has always been in the Pokemon games, you guys just tend to forget about the Pokemon Safari. In the original games, when in the Safari you could use berries to lure Pokemon closer to you, but you couldn't battle them while in the Safari, it was you, your berries & your pokeballs & that was it. It's just they added exp to the whole catching side of it, for let's go is my thought.
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Well there are two ways of getting exp: batteling against Pokemon trainers & catching Pokemon in the wild. When you catch Pokemon in the wild you can use different kind of berries to get the Pokemon to stay still, liking you for long enough for a time so that they're able to be caught. There's also one more berry I'm not sure what it's effects are, but it looks like a pineapple. After you use your berry(berries) of choice you then go on to the mini throwing game to catch the Pokemon. Once caught, your Pokemon get experience.

This way of catching has always been in the Pokemon games, you guys just tend to forget about the Pokemon Safari. In the original games, when in the Safari you could use berries to lure Pokemon closer to you, but you couldn't battle them while in the Safari, it was you, your berries & your pokeballs & that was it. It's just they added exp to the whole catching side of it, for let's go is my thought.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yeah queen is absolutely right--it really is the Pokemon Safari system, just expanded to the whole game. They added the EXP system to add some level of progression into the game because otherwise, the battle system would need some fundamental changes to make it work properly (and enjoyably).
The whole point of these games is to bridge the player base from Go! into the mainline series, and once you see it as that, the game becomes quite enjoyable, I find. It's a very relaxing and no-brains experience that I continuously find myself being impressed and intrigued by the minimal changes and additions they add onto the familiar game of Pokemon Yellow.
Besides, I can ride around on my fluffy Arcanine like a horsey and it is the best thing ever =3
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yeah queen is absolutely right--it really is the Pokemon Safari system, just expanded to the whole game. They added the EXP system to add some level of progression into the game because otherwise, the battle system would need some fundamental changes to make it work properly (and enjoyably).
The whole point of these games is to bridge the player base from Go! into the mainline series, and once you see it as that, the game becomes quite enjoyable, I find. It's a very relaxing and no-brains experience that I continuously find myself being impressed and intrigued by the minimal changes and additions they add onto the familiar game of Pokemon Yellow.
Besides, I can ride around on my fluffy Arcanine like a horsey and it is the best thing ever =3
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 29th, 2018, 02:23 PM)queenzelda♥️ Wrote:
I tend to forget about Safari because I've only played it once. I agree this game is an expansion of those mechanics, and it was to better introduce Go! players to a main Pokemon game without fully alienating existing fans. I just think the next Pokemon game can take an approach that takes the best of both gameplay styles without forcing one or the other onto people. Plus, it would probably be the next best way of coaxing Go! players into classic Pokemon catching mechanics.

Something I slightly miss when I've been watching Shira play is a day/night system. It would've been nice to see that, but I mostly care because I just want to see the map at night. Tongue

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 29th, 2018, 02:23 PM)queenzelda♥️ Wrote:
I tend to forget about Safari because I've only played it once. I agree this game is an expansion of those mechanics, and it was to better introduce Go! players to a main Pokemon game without fully alienating existing fans. I just think the next Pokemon game can take an approach that takes the best of both gameplay styles without forcing one or the other onto people. Plus, it would probably be the next best way of coaxing Go! players into classic Pokemon catching mechanics.

Something I slightly miss when I've been watching Shira play is a day/night system. It would've been nice to see that, but I mostly care because I just want to see the map at night. Tongue
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
Man Pokemon...it really brings me back to my childhood. The cards, the TV show, the movies...the GAMES!

Anyway, I've seen some gameplay on this now that it's a few years old but haven't pulled the trigger on getting it. Is it worth it?
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
Man Pokemon...it really brings me back to my childhood. The cards, the TV show, the movies...the GAMES!

Anyway, I've seen some gameplay on this now that it's a few years old but haven't pulled the trigger on getting it. Is it worth it?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pokémon (Series) | Feb. 27 Presents Summary Moonface 99 25,962 Mar 18th, 2024, 04:55 AM
Last Post: queenzelda
  Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet Moonface 166 23,495 Dec 21st, 2023, 12:06 PM
Last Post: shadow
  Pokémon Legends: Arceus Moonface 83 19,694 May 29th, 2022, 03:50 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Moonface 74 18,238 Mar 19th, 2022, 05:10 PM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  Pokémon Unite Karo 9 3,136 Aug 22nd, 2021, 04:26 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai