Pokémon: Let's Go
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
It's also annoying in the sense that Pokemon games are already laughably easy. Now it's going to be worse. "This is a Rock-type gym! Rock Pokemon are weak to Grass-types! Come back with a Grass-type!"

No, let me go in there with an Electric Pokemon and get my ass kicked. That's how you learn what to use and what not to use. Get this extremely hand-holding out of here.

What's next? The game will lock you out of using attacks that aren't effective? ...Actually, I can see that happening. You're battling Brock with a Squirtle that has Tackle and Water Gun and the game locks Tackle so you're forced to only be able to use Water Gun.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
It's also annoying in the sense that Pokemon games are already laughably easy. Now it's going to be worse. "This is a Rock-type gym! Rock Pokemon are weak to Grass-types! Come back with a Grass-type!"

No, let me go in there with an Electric Pokemon and get my ass kicked. That's how you learn what to use and what not to use. Get this extremely hand-holding out of here.

What's next? The game will lock you out of using attacks that aren't effective? ...Actually, I can see that happening. You're battling Brock with a Squirtle that has Tackle and Water Gun and the game locks Tackle so you're forced to only be able to use Water Gun.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Well, to be fair, this is supposed to be a game for casuals and entry-level Pokemon fans that started with GO. Which sucks for long-standing fans, but they even said that their next "core-series" game was coming out next year; that tells me they don't count this as part of the mainline
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Well, to be fair, this is supposed to be a game for casuals and entry-level Pokemon fans that started with GO. Which sucks for long-standing fans, but they even said that their next "core-series" game was coming out next year; that tells me they don't count this as part of the mainline
King Atem Offline
Playstation King
Currently Playing
Ni No Kuni: WotWW HD [PS4]
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2 | PS4 | Switch
XP: 1,163
Chrono (Shiny) Tomb Raider Fallout 
Well, even then there is STILL hand holding in the core series.. Just look at the addition of the rotomdex & the roulette wheel of free items it hands you while on your journey. Whistle
King Atem Offline
Playstation King
Currently Playing
Ni No Kuni: WotWW HD [PS4]
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2 | PS4 | Switch
XP: 1,163 Chrono (Shiny) Tomb Raider Fallout 
Well, even then there is STILL hand holding in the core series.. Just look at the addition of the rotomdex & the roulette wheel of free items it hands you while on your journey. Whistle
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Ideally any helpful tools to teach players about the game should be optional. Let the player decide if they want the game to be tailored for someone new to the series, or for someone with more experience. It wouldn't require much for the developers to just have an option to disable hints and tutorials outside of the necessary ones like how to capture a Pokemon.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Ideally any helpful tools to teach players about the game should be optional. Let the player decide if they want the game to be tailored for someone new to the series, or for someone with more experience. It wouldn't require much for the developers to just have an option to disable hints and tutorials outside of the necessary ones like how to capture a Pokemon.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Mega Evolutions Will Be In Pokémon: Let's Go
Prepare for trouble as a new trailer for Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu and Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee has revealed that Mega Evolutions will be in the game for at least the three starter Pokémon, and make it double trouble with the reveal of Team Rocket's Jessie and James!

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Mega Evolutions Will Be In Pokémon: Let's Go
Prepare for trouble as a new trailer for Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu and Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee has revealed that Mega Evolutions will be in the game for at least the three starter Pokémon, and make it double trouble with the reveal of Team Rocket's Jessie and James!
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I love how James look. But, Jessie just looks...idk....OFF somehow. Eh
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I love how James look. But, Jessie just looks...idk....OFF somehow. Eh
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Personalize Your Adventure in Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! or Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee!
If you missed it beforehand like I did, yesterday's Nintendo Direct shared details about Secret Techniques, exclusive moves, hairstyles and more for Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee!

Whenever you encounter obstacles such as trees, you can use a Secret Technique to get past them. These special skills can only be learned by your partner Pikachu or Eevee, and can be used to cut down trees, travel across water, or soar into the skies. Furthermore, only your partner Pikachu or Eevee can learn certain powerful moves for use in battle, and in handheld mode you can pet your partner to change their hairstyle depending on how you use the touchscreen to pet it.

Don't just personalise your adventure in-game though. If you have yet to buy a Nintendo Switch, perhaps you'll be interested in the Pokémon: Let's Go Switch Bundles that come with a customised dock, Pikachu-themed and Eevee-themed Joy-Con controllers, a digital copy of Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! or Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee!, and a Poké Ball Plus! If you already own a Switch, then you can pre-order either game from The Pokémon Center to receive a Pikachu or Eevee plush keychain, depending on which version of the game you purchase:

[Image: plush.png]
Design not final.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Personalize Your Adventure in Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! or Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee!
If you missed it beforehand like I did, yesterday's Nintendo Direct shared details about Secret Techniques, exclusive moves, hairstyles and more for Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee!

Whenever you encounter obstacles such as trees, you can use a Secret Technique to get past them. These special skills can only be learned by your partner Pikachu or Eevee, and can be used to cut down trees, travel across water, or soar into the skies. Furthermore, only your partner Pikachu or Eevee can learn certain powerful moves for use in battle, and in handheld mode you can pet your partner to change their hairstyle depending on how you use the touchscreen to pet it.

Don't just personalise your adventure in-game though. If you have yet to buy a Nintendo Switch, perhaps you'll be interested in the Pokémon: Let's Go Switch Bundles that come with a customised dock, Pikachu-themed and Eevee-themed Joy-Con controllers, a digital copy of Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! or Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee!, and a Poké Ball Plus! If you already own a Switch, then you can pre-order either game from The Pokémon Center to receive a Pikachu or Eevee plush keychain, depending on which version of the game you purchase:

[Image: plush.png]
Design not final.
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,021
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Was wondering if the Secret Techniques will take up a move like HM...TM? Can't remember the abbreviation. Since that's what they were anyway. Also doesn't matter if the Pokémon isn't a Fly type, as we saw Pikachu take flight on balloons? XD Alright then. I'm sure the special powerful moves Eevee and Pikachu learn do take up a move space.

Plush designs not final? Well, they're cute at the moment then.  =3
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,021 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Was wondering if the Secret Techniques will take up a move like HM...TM? Can't remember the abbreviation. Since that's what they were anyway. Also doesn't matter if the Pokémon isn't a Fly type, as we saw Pikachu take flight on balloons? XD Alright then. I'm sure the special powerful moves Eevee and Pikachu learn do take up a move space.

Plush designs not final? Well, they're cute at the moment then.  =3
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I doubt the techniques would use a move slot, because otherwise it would be very difficult to have your partner learn all the necessary secret techniques as well as their exclusive moves.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I doubt the techniques would use a move slot, because otherwise it would be very difficult to have your partner learn all the necessary secret techniques as well as their exclusive moves.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
So currently I'm feeling pretty conflicted about this cause the game is so focused on Pokemon Go and I am definitely not a Pokemon Go player, but the game looks cute! Curse you cute Pokemon games! You will be my downfall and they definitely seem to be putting effort into it. It doesn't feel like a cheap cash ploy to me.

Should I get it? Should I not? I probably will and then be frustrated about me needing Pokemon Go.
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
So currently I'm feeling pretty conflicted about this cause the game is so focused on Pokemon Go and I am definitely not a Pokemon Go player, but the game looks cute! Curse you cute Pokemon games! You will be my downfall and they definitely seem to be putting effort into it. It doesn't feel like a cheap cash ploy to me.

Should I get it? Should I not? I probably will and then be frustrated about me needing Pokemon Go.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Why would you need Pokemon Go? You can move Pokemon from it to Let's Go but that's not exactly a big deal or reason to play it.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Why would you need Pokemon Go? You can move Pokemon from it to Let's Go but that's not exactly a big deal or reason to play it.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Isn't a big thing about this game the connectivity with Pokemon Go? Like if you don't play it I'm sure your going to be missing quite a lot of Pokemon opportunity.

Or I could just be worrying for nothing.
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Isn't a big thing about this game the connectivity with Pokemon Go? Like if you don't play it I'm sure your going to be missing quite a lot of Pokemon opportunity.

Or I could just be worrying for nothing.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Quote:Players can also transfer the original first-generation Pokémon and their respective Alolan forms from Pokémon Go to Let's Go, Pikachu! or Let's Go, Eevee!. They will then appear at the Go Park; an in-game location that the player can explore where they can interact or catch Pokémon that are walking around, although Pokémon with higher CP or levels are harder to catch, in that the catch attempt has a higher chance of failing. Users will also be able to exchange unspecified "gifts" between Pokémon Go and Let's Go, Pikachu! or Let's Go, Eevee!.
It doesn't appear it will give you anything notable but it seems information on the matter is a little scarce right now.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Quote:Players can also transfer the original first-generation Pokémon and their respective Alolan forms from Pokémon Go to Let's Go, Pikachu! or Let's Go, Eevee!. They will then appear at the Go Park; an in-game location that the player can explore where they can interact or catch Pokémon that are walking around, although Pokémon with higher CP or levels are harder to catch, in that the catch attempt has a higher chance of failing. Users will also be able to exchange unspecified "gifts" between Pokémon Go and Let's Go, Pikachu! or Let's Go, Eevee!.
It doesn't appear it will give you anything notable but it seems information on the matter is a little scarce right now.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
New Pokémon Discovered: Meet Meltan!
What’s this? Trainers, thanks to your field reports, we can now confirm that a brand-new species of Pokémon has just been discovered! Introducing Meltan, the Hex Nut Pokémon! Professor Oak and Professor Willow have teamed up to research this mysterious new species of Pokémon, and what they’ve uncovered is pretty interesting.

The Pokemon Company Wrote:
Meltan is a Steel-type Pokémon with a body made mostly of liquid metal, which makes its shape very fluid. This Pokémon can use its liquid arms and legs to corrode metal and absorb it into its body. Meltan can generate electricity using the metal it absorbs from outside sources. It uses this electricity as an energy source and for an attack it fires from its eye.

Name: Meltan
Category: Hex Nut Pokémon
Height: 0’08”
Weight: 17.6 lbs.
Type: Steel

In Pokémon GO, sightings of Ditto that have transformed into Meltan have been reported. Professor Oak and Professor Willow have started research on Meltan. Professor Oak, one of the leading authorities in the field of Pokémon research, is based in the Kanto region’s Pallet Town. In Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee!, he gives a Pokédex to both you and your rival—entrusting you with his dream of completing it. Meanwhile, with the help of Pokémon GO players around the world, Professor Willow conducts his research in the field to fully understand the habitats and distribution of Pokémon. He was once an assistant to Professor Oak, and he talks to Oak, his mentor, whenever he runs into a hitch in his research.

It has been determined that Pokémon GO is somehow key to meeting Meltan in Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee! Updates will be provided as more is discovered about this mysterious Mythical Pokémon.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
New Pokémon Discovered: Meet Meltan!
What’s this? Trainers, thanks to your field reports, we can now confirm that a brand-new species of Pokémon has just been discovered! Introducing Meltan, the Hex Nut Pokémon! Professor Oak and Professor Willow have teamed up to research this mysterious new species of Pokémon, and what they’ve uncovered is pretty interesting.

The Pokemon Company Wrote:
Meltan is a Steel-type Pokémon with a body made mostly of liquid metal, which makes its shape very fluid. This Pokémon can use its liquid arms and legs to corrode metal and absorb it into its body. Meltan can generate electricity using the metal it absorbs from outside sources. It uses this electricity as an energy source and for an attack it fires from its eye.

Name: Meltan
Category: Hex Nut Pokémon
Height: 0’08”
Weight: 17.6 lbs.
Type: Steel

In Pokémon GO, sightings of Ditto that have transformed into Meltan have been reported. Professor Oak and Professor Willow have started research on Meltan. Professor Oak, one of the leading authorities in the field of Pokémon research, is based in the Kanto region’s Pallet Town. In Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee!, he gives a Pokédex to both you and your rival—entrusting you with his dream of completing it. Meanwhile, with the help of Pokémon GO players around the world, Professor Willow conducts his research in the field to fully understand the habitats and distribution of Pokémon. He was once an assistant to Professor Oak, and he talks to Oak, his mentor, whenever he runs into a hitch in his research.

It has been determined that Pokémon GO is somehow key to meeting Meltan in Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee! Updates will be provided as more is discovered about this mysterious Mythical Pokémon.
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,021
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Oak, man, guessing Pikachu or Eevee, why? Well, Eevee I can understand in case of another form, but a Pikachu? XD New mythical Pokémon's good and all. This one's strange though. A bolt on top of a liquefied body.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,021 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Oak, man, guessing Pikachu or Eevee, why? Well, Eevee I can understand in case of another form, but a Pikachu? XD New mythical Pokémon's good and all. This one's strange though. A bolt on top of a liquefied body.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pokémon (Series) | Feb. 27 Presents Summary Moonface 99 25,968 Mar 18th, 2024, 04:55 AM
Last Post: queenzelda
  Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet Moonface 166 23,495 Dec 21st, 2023, 12:06 PM
Last Post: shadow
  Pokémon Legends: Arceus Moonface 83 19,699 May 29th, 2022, 03:50 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Moonface 74 18,241 Mar 19th, 2022, 05:10 PM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  Pokémon Unite Karo 9 3,136 Aug 22nd, 2021, 04:26 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai