Pokémon: Let's Go
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,150
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Developer: Game Freak
Platform: Nintendo Switch
Release Date: November 16th, 2018

Get ready for a whole new take on your first adventure with Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee!, coming to Nintendo Switch this year!

Based on Pokémon Yellow: Special Pikachu Edition, you'll get to have Pikachu or Eevee on your shoulder or head wherever you go in Kanto depending on which version you choose. If that isn't enough companionship, you can also get a second player to join in on the action with you to explore, catch, and battle together.

[Image: Jq8mxtC.jpg]

Immerse yourself by using your Joy-Con controller to catch Pokémon, or go further and use the all new Poké Ball Plus accessory instead, which can also be used to store your favourite Pokémon and take it around the real world with you to get something special to happen!

If you're a player of Pokémon Go! you can also bring across any of your captured Kanto based Pokémon into these games, and the Poké Ball Plus accessory will also work with the Pokémon Go! app.

Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee! both launch for Nintendo Switch on November 16th, 2018.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,150 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Developer: Game Freak
Platform: Nintendo Switch
Release Date: November 16th, 2018

Get ready for a whole new take on your first adventure with Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee!, coming to Nintendo Switch this year!

Based on Pokémon Yellow: Special Pikachu Edition, you'll get to have Pikachu or Eevee on your shoulder or head wherever you go in Kanto depending on which version you choose. If that isn't enough companionship, you can also get a second player to join in on the action with you to explore, catch, and battle together.

[Image: Jq8mxtC.jpg]

Immerse yourself by using your Joy-Con controller to catch Pokémon, or go further and use the all new Poké Ball Plus accessory instead, which can also be used to store your favourite Pokémon and take it around the real world with you to get something special to happen!

If you're a player of Pokémon Go! you can also bring across any of your captured Kanto based Pokémon into these games, and the Poké Ball Plus accessory will also work with the Pokémon Go! app.

Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee! both launch for Nintendo Switch on November 16th, 2018.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I'm planning to get Pokemon: Let's Go Pikachu, that way I can hopefully ease Jing into the Pokemon series. x3
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I'm planning to get Pokemon: Let's Go Pikachu, that way I can hopefully ease Jing into the Pokemon series. x3
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
If I get a version it'll probably be the Pikachu one too. I'm just not sure yet because I'm worried how much the lack of wild battling is going to affect the game. Eh

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
If I get a version it'll probably be the Pikachu one too. I'm just not sure yet because I'm worried how much the lack of wild battling is going to affect the game. Eh
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
From the way the reveal video looked, it seems to me that you can see the pokemon in the wild before you battle them. I've played games like that, with Tales of Symphonia & the game was fine with the way the battles handled. I'm assuming the same here. Hopefully Nintnedo will show more of Let's Go: Pikachu/Eevee during E3 week.
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
From the way the reveal video looked, it seems to me that you can see the pokemon in the wild before you battle them. I've played games like that, with Tales of Symphonia & the game was fine with the way the battles handled. I'm assuming the same here. Hopefully Nintnedo will show more of Let's Go: Pikachu/Eevee during E3 week.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
I'll probably pick this up, but honestly I'm not expecting much and it might be a play once and never again type title for me.

I'm probably going to go Pikachu cause you can't evolve Eevee XD
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
I'll probably pick this up, but honestly I'm not expecting much and it might be a play once and never again type title for me.

I'm probably going to go Pikachu cause you can't evolve Eevee XD
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
There's no battling wild Pokemon though. When you get into an encounter with one, you just have to throw a Pokeball at it, like in Pokemon Go. Seeing them roam around isn't my problem, just the fact encounters don't have battling any more.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
There's no battling wild Pokemon though. When you get into an encounter with one, you just have to throw a Pokeball at it, like in Pokemon Go. Seeing them roam around isn't my problem, just the fact encounters don't have battling any more.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
E3 2018, What's Inside a Pokéball Plus?

During Nintendo's E3 Direct, Reggie Fils-Aime reveals that Mew comes with every Pokéball Plus sold, which can be used throughout your journey in Pokémon: Let's Go Pikachu, and Eevee versions. You can use a Pokéball Plus like a Joy-Con, play the entire game, and place Pokémon inside.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
E3 2018, What's Inside a Pokéball Plus?

During Nintendo's E3 Direct, Reggie Fils-Aime reveals that Mew comes with every Pokéball Plus sold, which can be used throughout your journey in Pokémon: Let's Go Pikachu, and Eevee versions. You can use a Pokéball Plus like a Joy-Con, play the entire game, and place Pokémon inside.
King Atem Offline
Playstation King
Currently Playing
Ni No Kuni: WotWW HD [PS4]
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2 | PS4 | Switch
XP: 1,163
Chrono (Shiny) Tomb Raider Fallout 
I was thinking, "great here Nintendo goes spoiling Regie by giving him a mew in the pokeball none if us will ever see." Then read the above to realize that Nintendo is just bilking pokemon fans of their cash for mew is all. Thus the status quo returns to its apex. xD
King Atem Offline
Playstation King
Currently Playing
Ni No Kuni: WotWW HD [PS4]
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2 | PS4 | Switch
XP: 1,163 Chrono (Shiny) Tomb Raider Fallout 
I was thinking, "great here Nintendo goes spoiling Regie by giving him a mew in the pokeball none if us will ever see." Then read the above to realize that Nintendo is just bilking pokemon fans of their cash for mew is all. Thus the status quo returns to its apex. xD
Geoffrey Offline
Newcomer
XP: 114
(Jun 8th, 2018, 07:43 PM)Moonface Wrote:

This is my concern as well. I actually like seeing the wild encounters in the overworld and not randomly having to battle them. But I do want to actually battle them.  I'm curious how it will work when you get to higher-level/rarer Pokemon farther into the game. Like, how many balls am I going to have to throw and how perfectly do I have to throw them to catch Mewtwo or a legendary bird?  Also, can I "throw" by just waving my hand do I need to go full-on baseball throw? I want to play from my couch, stop making me be active Nintendo. *glare*

I'll probably get the game anyways, just to see how it is and get answers to my questions. I'll get Pikachu because I'd want to evolve Eevee and if that's not possible... Eevee's cute but meh for anything else.  This give me a reason to get a Switch anyways, try other games, and be ready for the main-line Pokemon RPG coming next year.
Geoffrey Offline
Newcomer

This is my concern as well. I actually like seeing the wild encounters in the overworld and not randomly having to battle them. But I do want to actually battle them.  I'm curious how it will work when you get to higher-level/rarer Pokemon farther into the game. Like, how many balls am I going to have to throw and how perfectly do I have to throw them to catch Mewtwo or a legendary bird?  Also, can I "throw" by just waving my hand do I need to go full-on baseball throw? I want to play from my couch, stop making me be active Nintendo. *glare*

I'll probably get the game anyways, just to see how it is and get answers to my questions. I'll get Pikachu because I'd want to evolve Eevee and if that's not possible... Eevee's cute but meh for anything else.  This give me a reason to get a Switch anyways, try other games, and be ready for the main-line Pokemon RPG coming next year.
lp0 on fire Offline
PC Load Letter WTF does that mean?!
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152
Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 

.... I don't mind seeing them roam around either, random battles can be annoying as hell some times but no battling?!

[Image: IcnTf2O.jpg]

Zaythus Network Community Lifeboat man I suck at advertising stuff...
[Image: pcmascot.png]
Putting the 'Percussive' in 'Maintenance' since Before (most of) you were born.
Any post do not reflect the views of Zaythus Netwroks Inc nor it's new Murderous OverLoard Tap A Talk (hereby referred to as "TAT").
Any posts do not necessary reflect the views of the poster, after all he does shitpost from time to time, like right now.

Percussive maintenance - the art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work again.
We need Tables!
The community's grumpy old man who goes on long winded rants.
WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
[Image: BDay-18-2nd.png]
[Image: ZUW3rka.gif]
Spooky scary skeletons
Send shivers down your spine
Shrieking skulls will shock your soul
Seal your doom tonight
[Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_qbGJuxCYY]
https://i.imgur.com/DVjkd5Z.gif
lp0 on fire Offline
PC Load Letter WTF does that mean?!
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152 Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 

.... I don't mind seeing them roam around either, random battles can be annoying as hell some times but no battling?!

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 25th, 2018, 03:09 PM)Geoffrey Wrote:
You can evolve an Eevee that you capture, just not the one that rides on you. But you can have a Pokemon following you, so you could have Pikachu/Eevee and your evolved Eevee out at the same time when travelling.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
You can evolve an Eevee that you capture, just not the one that rides on you. But you can have a Pokemon following you, so you could have Pikachu/Eevee and your evolved Eevee out at the same time when travelling.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
(Jun 25th, 2018, 06:11 PM)percussive maintenance Wrote:

There are battles PM, but only trainer and event battles I'm assuming from the trailer. Wink

Random Pokemon battle encounters are gone though.
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
(Jun 25th, 2018, 06:11 PM)percussive maintenance Wrote:

There are battles PM, but only trainer and event battles I'm assuming from the trailer. Wink

Random Pokemon battle encounters are gone though.
Geoffrey Offline
Newcomer
(Jun 25th, 2018, 07:58 PM)Moonface Wrote:
This is good news. I like the idea of having an Eevee on my shoulder and a Jolteon behind me.  This changes things lol.

I think I could maybe even get used to not battling random encounters. I just want to see, like I said, how hard it is to get a successful catch late-game with high-level or rare Pokemon if I'm not able to weaken them.
Geoffrey Offline
Newcomer
(Jun 25th, 2018, 07:58 PM)Moonface Wrote:
This is good news. I like the idea of having an Eevee on my shoulder and a Jolteon behind me.  This changes things lol.

I think I could maybe even get used to not battling random encounters. I just want to see, like I said, how hard it is to get a successful catch late-game with high-level or rare Pokemon if I'm not able to weaken them.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I believe all capturing is based on how well you throw the ball relative to some timing based mini-game, with it becoming easier if there are two players. You can use berries to pacify them to make capturing easier too, so there is still a weakening mechanic of sorts, but just done entirely through item use.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I believe all capturing is based on how well you throw the ball relative to some timing based mini-game, with it becoming easier if there are two players. You can use berries to pacify them to make capturing easier too, so there is still a weakening mechanic of sorts, but just done entirely through item use.
Geoffrey Offline
Newcomer
(Jul 1st, 2018, 10:24 PM)Moonface Wrote:
"Easier if there are two players" = I'm connecting two remotes and learning to throw with both hands.  ROFL

So it's literally just like PoGo. Great. At least there's battling with trainers.
Geoffrey Offline
Newcomer
(Jul 1st, 2018, 10:24 PM)Moonface Wrote:
"Easier if there are two players" = I'm connecting two remotes and learning to throw with both hands.  ROFL

So it's literally just like PoGo. Great. At least there's battling with trainers.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pokémon (Series) | Feb. 27 Presents Summary Moonface 99 25,969 Mar 18th, 2024, 04:55 AM
Last Post: queenzelda
  Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet Moonface 166 23,495 Dec 21st, 2023, 12:06 PM
Last Post: shadow
  Pokémon Legends: Arceus Moonface 83 19,699 May 29th, 2022, 03:50 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Moonface 74 18,241 Mar 19th, 2022, 05:10 PM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  Pokémon Unite Karo 9 3,137 Aug 22nd, 2021, 04:26 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai