I am a mystery... | Or maybe not, loool
macGamr Offline
Irony represent.
Currently Playing
The game of life
XP: 184
No one will ever know who this is behind the moniker but, I will say that I am known by the owner of this place and had been lurking about when this used to be on ZetaBoards, a thing we loved dearly but is now going to snuff it. What a shame really...

For the name chosen, it's just something ironic that I came up with, as you can't really play games on a Mac Tongue But if anybody really wants to know who this is...

I am Bry.

But anyways, nice to meet you all, and I wish Moonface the best of luck with this brand new incarnation of one of the best places ever Grin
[Image: E12av.png]
Gamers welcome also, yeah.
macGamr Offline
Irony represent.
Currently Playing
The game of life
No one will ever know who this is behind the moniker but, I will say that I am known by the owner of this place and had been lurking about when this used to be on ZetaBoards, a thing we loved dearly but is now going to snuff it. What a shame really...

For the name chosen, it's just something ironic that I came up with, as you can't really play games on a Mac Tongue But if anybody really wants to know who this is...

I am Bry.

But anyways, nice to meet you all, and I wish Moonface the best of luck with this brand new incarnation of one of the best places ever Grin
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,168
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Welcome Bry! I assume the answer is no but I'll double check anyway, do you have a Mac for a computer? Tongue
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,168 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Welcome Bry! I assume the answer is no but I'll double check anyway, do you have a Mac for a computer? Tongue
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
The mysterious stranger that has saved us many times before is the legendary Brys!? D: What a shocking twist!

Just kidding, but welcome to the forum and I hope you'll stick around and have a good time! Grin

#MacMasterRace
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
The mysterious stranger that has saved us many times before is the legendary Brys!? D: What a shocking twist!

Just kidding, but welcome to the forum and I hope you'll stick around and have a good time! Grin

#MacMasterRace
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Hey macGamr Bry welcome to UG. Hehe, what's funny is that my mom loves Mac pc's too.

So.. what made you decide to use a different username??
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Hey macGamr Bry welcome to UG. Hehe, what's funny is that my mom loves Mac pc's too.

So.. what made you decide to use a different username??
macGamr Offline
Irony represent.
Currently Playing
The game of life
(Jun 8th, 2018, 07:48 PM)Moonface Wrote:
do you have a Mac for a computer? Tongue
No I don't actually, although Macs themselves are awesome machines. They were a good college memory from years back Smile I just have this good ol' Windows 7 laptop that I've had for six and a half years Grin

But to be truthful with you and everyone else here, I am a non-gamer, and have been since a long time now. I still hold memories of how great the Super Nintendo was though Smile
macGamr Offline
Irony represent.
Currently Playing
The game of life
No I don't actually, although Macs themselves are awesome machines. They were a good college memory from years back Smile I just have this good ol' Windows 7 laptop that I've had for six and a half years Grin

But to be truthful with you and everyone else here, I am a non-gamer, and have been since a long time now. I still hold memories of how great the Super Nintendo was though Smile
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 8th, 2018, 07:55 PM)macGamr Wrote:
Eh, don't worry about that. You don't need to play games to necessarily enjoy them. My mum doesn't play games but she always loves watching me play them or seeing trailers for them. XD

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Eh, don't worry about that. You don't need to play games to necessarily enjoy them. My mum doesn't play games but she always loves watching me play them or seeing trailers for them. XD
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 

[Image: a0b.jpg]

Obligatory meme reply fullfilled. Tongue

I'm just kidding non-gamers, casuals, or anyone is welcome here at UG and can enjoy the forums and games. Grin
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 

I'm just kidding non-gamers, casuals, or anyone is welcome here at UG and can enjoy the forums and games. Grin
lp0 on fire Offline
PC Load Letter WTF does that mean?!
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152
Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
(Jun 8th, 2018, 08:03 PM)Yuri Wrote:

Hey that was my Image Macro!

I MR. PC GAMING HAD ALL RIGHTS TO USE THAT ON AN ACCOUNT NAMED MACGAMER!

but alas, I have not that chance.

Welcome Paradox.

ps Macs are overpriced for what you get. *runs*

Zaythus Network Community Lifeboat man I suck at advertising stuff...
[Image: pcmascot.png]
Putting the 'Percussive' in 'Maintenance' since Before (most of) you were born.
Any post do not reflect the views of Zaythus Netwroks Inc nor it's new Murderous OverLoard Tap A Talk (hereby referred to as "TAT").
Any posts do not necessary reflect the views of the poster, after all he does shitpost from time to time, like right now.

Percussive maintenance - the art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work again.
We need Tables!
The community's grumpy old man who goes on long winded rants.
WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
[Image: BDay-18-2nd.png]
[Image: ZUW3rka.gif]
Spooky scary skeletons
Send shivers down your spine
Shrieking skulls will shock your soul
Seal your doom tonight
[Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_qbGJuxCYY]
https://i.imgur.com/DVjkd5Z.gif
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152 Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
(Jun 8th, 2018, 08:03 PM)Yuri Wrote:

Hey that was my Image Macro!

I MR. PC GAMING HAD ALL RIGHTS TO USE THAT ON AN ACCOUNT NAMED MACGAMER!

but alas, I have not that chance.

Welcome Paradox.

ps Macs are overpriced for what you get. *runs*
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
XP: 5,252
Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
Welcome! Nice meeting ya!
When leaves have fallen.
And skies turned to grey.
The night keeps on closing in on the day.
A nightingale sings his song of farewell.
You better hide from her freezing hell. ~ Ice Queen, Within Temptation.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
XP: 5,252 Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
Welcome! Nice meeting ya!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Although I know your username isn't related to this, when I woke up this morning your username reminded me of a cheat code in Destruction Derby 2 called MacsRPoo. XD

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Although I know your username isn't related to this, when I woke up this morning your username reminded me of a cheat code in Destruction Derby 2 called MacsRPoo. XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Welcome to UG properly, MacGamr. You are not allowed to lurk anymore. Glare *shot*

You've stopped gaming, huh? Well then, have kept any consoles, and what did you play on? Dang, using past tense in a question on someone who used to play hasn't felt so hard. D= Nah, it's all good. Whatever the case, you are indeed welcome here.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Welcome to UG properly, MacGamr. You are not allowed to lurk anymore. Glare *shot*

You've stopped gaming, huh? Well then, have kept any consoles, and what did you play on? Dang, using past tense in a question on someone who used to play hasn't felt so hard. D= Nah, it's all good. Whatever the case, you are indeed welcome here.
macGamr Offline
Irony represent.
Currently Playing
The game of life
(Jun 8th, 2018, 11:25 PM)percussive maintenance Wrote:
Macs are overpriced for what you get. *runs*
True, but you can get them at a lower price if you don't want certain things for it, such as solid-state drive. I know they instantly ramp up the price of computers.

(Jun 9th, 2018, 05:15 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Haha, interesting to know Tongue

(Jun 9th, 2018, 05:18 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
You've stopped gaming, huh? Well then, have kept any consoles, and what did you play on?
No, all the consoles I had are gone, especially my SNES when it suddenly stopped working one day and had it for a long eight years. I still miss it Sad And other than it, I had played on the Atari 2600 (marketed as the TV Boy though), Gameboy Advance and PS2. I also even had a Super Gameboy adapter for the SNES, that allowed me to play Gameboy games on it Grin

And with me being around, am I the only non-gamer here? Huh
macGamr Offline
Irony represent.
Currently Playing
The game of life
True, but you can get them at a lower price if you don't want certain things for it, such as solid-state drive. I know they instantly ramp up the price of computers.

(Jun 9th, 2018, 05:15 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Haha, interesting to know Tongue

(Jun 9th, 2018, 05:18 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
You've stopped gaming, huh? Well then, have kept any consoles, and what did you play on?
No, all the consoles I had are gone, especially my SNES when it suddenly stopped working one day and had it for a long eight years. I still miss it Sad And other than it, I had played on the Atari 2600 (marketed as the TV Boy though), Gameboy Advance and PS2. I also even had a Super Gameboy adapter for the SNES, that allowed me to play Gameboy games on it Grin

And with me being around, am I the only non-gamer here? Huh
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152
Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
(Jun 9th, 2018, 05:31 PM)macGamr Wrote:

But even then Macs are way over priced.

Here is an example:
Base line MacMini Wrote:
   1.4GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 (generation and model not disclosed, so I can't check the questionable benchmarks nor use Intel's ARK website for more info)
   4GB memory LPDDR3-1600
   500GB hard drive1 (5200 RPM, come on Apple, 7200 is the new standard for mechanical drives...)
   Intel HD Graphics 5000

$499.00 USD

Compaire this to the baseline Intel NUC at 265 USD : https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/...jysal.html
Quote:Intel® Celeron® Processor J4005 (Duel core Clock at 2.00 GHz)
4GB DDR4-2400
32 GB eMMC Memory (cheap flash memory found in things like ChromeBooks)
Intel (U?)HD 600 (Note: Intel's promo materal calls it the HD 600, but this might be a typo as it is the UHD line that uses X00 and HD that uses x000 numbers).

Granted neither of these are power houses and the Intel NUC will require external storage depending if you use it more then as media center PC. (also in both cases you're gonna have a bad time 4 gigs of RAM is nothing these days for anything including web browsing, best install a small linux distro on them then you will have a chance).

Just for shits and giggles I went to Dell.com/business and looked up their micro Optiplexes this is what 499.00 gets you:

Quote:New OptiPlex 3060 Micro

$499.00
Intel Core™ i3-8100T
Windows 10 Pro 64bit English
4GB 1X4GB 2666MHz DDR4 Non-ECC
500GB 2.5inch Serial ATA (7,200 RPM) Hard Drive, Dell OptiPlex
You get a current Gen i3 (duel core + 2 Hyper Treads, I doubt Apple's neutered i5 is current gen )
Windows 10 Pro (agian 4 gigs of RAM means a bad time)
4 Gigs of RAM (see above)
a 500 gig 7200 RPM HDD that basically beats Apple.

But wait there is more Here is the 3050 Micro for 499:
Quote:Intel® Core™ i3-7100T
4GB DDR4
2.5 inch 500GB 7200rpm Hard Disk Drive
Just uses a less gen i3.

Zaythus Network Community Lifeboat man I suck at advertising stuff...
[Image: pcmascot.png]
Putting the 'Percussive' in 'Maintenance' since Before (most of) you were born.
Any post do not reflect the views of Zaythus Netwroks Inc nor it's new Murderous OverLoard Tap A Talk (hereby referred to as "TAT").
Any posts do not necessary reflect the views of the poster, after all he does shitpost from time to time, like right now.

Percussive maintenance - the art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work again.
We need Tables!
The community's grumpy old man who goes on long winded rants.
WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
[Image: BDay-18-2nd.png]
[Image: ZUW3rka.gif]
Spooky scary skeletons
Send shivers down your spine
Shrieking skulls will shock your soul
Seal your doom tonight
[Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_qbGJuxCYY]
https://i.imgur.com/DVjkd5Z.gif
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152 Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
(Jun 9th, 2018, 05:31 PM)macGamr Wrote:

But even then Macs are way over priced.

Here is an example:
Base line MacMini Wrote:
   1.4GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 (generation and model not disclosed, so I can't check the questionable benchmarks nor use Intel's ARK website for more info)
   4GB memory LPDDR3-1600
   500GB hard drive1 (5200 RPM, come on Apple, 7200 is the new standard for mechanical drives...)
   Intel HD Graphics 5000

$499.00 USD

Compaire this to the baseline Intel NUC at 265 USD : https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/...jysal.html
Quote:Intel® Celeron® Processor J4005 (Duel core Clock at 2.00 GHz)
4GB DDR4-2400
32 GB eMMC Memory (cheap flash memory found in things like ChromeBooks)
Intel (U?)HD 600 (Note: Intel's promo materal calls it the HD 600, but this might be a typo as it is the UHD line that uses X00 and HD that uses x000 numbers).

Granted neither of these are power houses and the Intel NUC will require external storage depending if you use it more then as media center PC. (also in both cases you're gonna have a bad time 4 gigs of RAM is nothing these days for anything including web browsing, best install a small linux distro on them then you will have a chance).

Just for shits and giggles I went to Dell.com/business and looked up their micro Optiplexes this is what 499.00 gets you:

Quote:New OptiPlex 3060 Micro

$499.00
Intel Core™ i3-8100T
4GB 1X4GB 2666MHz DDR4 Non-ECC
500GB 2.5inch Serial ATA (7,200 RPM) Hard Drive, Dell OptiPlex
You get a current Gen i3 (duel core + 2 Hyper Treads, I doubt Apple's neutered i5 is current gen )
Windows 10 Pro (agian 4 gigs of RAM means a bad time)
4 Gigs of RAM (see above)
a 500 gig 7200 RPM HDD that basically beats Apple.

But wait there is more Here is the 3050 Micro for 499:
Quote:Intel® Core™ i3-7100T
4GB DDR4
2.5 inch 500GB 7200rpm Hard Disk Drive
Just uses a less gen i3.
macGamr Offline
Irony represent.
Currently Playing
The game of life
Like everyone here, I'll host my own AMA thread. Ask me anything but, as the self-proclaimed non-gamer here, I can accept gaming based questions but only of retro game systems (NES, Gameboy, SNES, etc) as I grew up with these in my younger years. To get to know me a bit better, I've dabbled with emulation also and know things about bootleg games.

So now... fire away, friends Smile
macGamr Offline
Irony represent.
Currently Playing
The game of life
Like everyone here, I'll host my own AMA thread. Ask me anything but, as the self-proclaimed non-gamer here, I can accept gaming based questions but only of retro game systems (NES, Gameboy, SNES, etc) as I grew up with these in my younger years. To get to know me a bit better, I've dabbled with emulation also and know things about bootleg games.

So now... fire away, friends Smile
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Is there any retro game you've played you would like to see a remake of?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Is there any retro game you've played you would like to see a remake of?