[BREAKING] News Thread
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Lmfao. Anonymous is trying to take advantage of all of the rioting the last few days to make themselves relevant again. I guess they forgot the part where they never were shit and won't ever be shit. They should just crawl back into their parent's basements and go back into the obscurity they'll forever be trapped in.

I'm also disappointed that the idiots trying to storm the White House didn't push far enough to get the Secret Service to start taking them out. Would have been a nice reduction in the amount of stupidity infesting the world.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Lmfao. Anonymous is trying to take advantage of all of the rioting the last few days to make themselves relevant again. I guess they forgot the part where they never were shit and won't ever be shit. They should just crawl back into their parent's basements and go back into the obscurity they'll forever be trapped in.

I'm also disappointed that the idiots trying to storm the White House didn't push far enough to get the Secret Service to start taking them out. Would have been a nice reduction in the amount of stupidity infesting the world.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
I have actually had a lot to say about this situation with the police, but I've kept my mouth shut because I don't want my parents to freak out when they find out one of the ANTI-DEPRESSANTS I take can get me DUI'd. But ever since my Dad had a gun pulled on him for the crime of Walking While Black, I've never felt safe around police. And I'm mixed-race that gets constantly mistaken for, of all things, Jewish, so I'm not exactly a victim of oppression.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
I have actually had a lot to say about this situation with the police, but I've kept my mouth shut because I don't want my parents to freak out when they find out one of the ANTI-DEPRESSANTS I take can get me DUI'd. But ever since my Dad had a gun pulled on him for the crime of Walking While Black, I've never felt safe around police. And I'm mixed-race that gets constantly mistaken for, of all things, Jewish, so I'm not exactly a victim of oppression.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
All I have to say is any cop who is a piece of shit or doesn't even condemn what happened deserves anything they get. You're either against what your fellow officers commit that is blatantly wrong or for it. There's no room for anything in between anymore, although frankly there never should have been an in between in the first place at any point in time.

Also weren't the people protesting at the White House just doing so in response to the recent killing? Or were they doing something wrong or unnecessary like the people who protested at that one state place wanting things open again while loaded up like they were special forces?
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
All I have to say is any cop who is a piece of shit or doesn't even condemn what happened deserves anything they get. You're either against what your fellow officers commit that is blatantly wrong or for it. There's no room for anything in between anymore, although frankly there never should have been an in between in the first place at any point in time.

Also weren't the people protesting at the White House just doing so in response to the recent killing? Or were they doing something wrong or unnecessary like the people who protested at that one state place wanting things open again while loaded up like they were special forces?
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
(May 31st, 2020, 06:08 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Also weren't the people protesting at the White House just doing so in response to the recent killing?

Rioting and setting things on fire, like all the other rioters have been doing around the country for the last few days. But it doesn't matter what you're doing, you try to threaten the White House and you'll be put down on the spot. They're lucky the Secret Service acted with as much restraint as they did. 

National Guard is out in force in Minneapolis tonight, finally, so hopefully they'll actually start taking some action to deal with these thugs.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
(May 31st, 2020, 06:08 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Also weren't the people protesting at the White House just doing so in response to the recent killing?

Rioting and setting things on fire, like all the other rioters have been doing around the country for the last few days. But it doesn't matter what you're doing, you try to threaten the White House and you'll be put down on the spot. They're lucky the Secret Service acted with as much restraint as they did. 

National Guard is out in force in Minneapolis tonight, finally, so hopefully they'll actually start taking some action to deal with these thugs.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The only people who should be dealt with on the protestor front is those who are using the current unrest as a cover or excuse to loot stores. If a group wishes to fuck up a police station though, good on them. As much as I'd like someone to not need to use violence to protest, the US has had plenty of opportunity to listen but instead opted to ignore it. Just seeing how many police officers have attacked protestors and reporters even when they've done nothing wrong proves how bad the problem really is. I hope everyone who is clearly in the wrong on any side doesn't get away with their actions though.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The only people who should be dealt with on the protestor front is those who are using the current unrest as a cover or excuse to loot stores. If a group wishes to fuck up a police station though, good on them. As much as I'd like someone to not need to use violence to protest, the US has had plenty of opportunity to listen but instead opted to ignore it. Just seeing how many police officers have attacked protestors and reporters even when they've done nothing wrong proves how bad the problem really is. I hope everyone who is clearly in the wrong on any side doesn't get away with their actions though.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I mean if protesters are going to be out past the curfew set by the cities, which they are warned ahead of time that they would be dealt with by force, that's completely on them. You can do your peaceful protests during the day and be cleared out by the time the curfew comes around and get home so that you don't put yourself in a position to be removed by force.

I have no sympathy for the media either. A lot of them are doing their best to paint cops in the worst possible color out there, even though there's plenty of pictures of videos from people showing cops and peaceful protesters together. Shaking hands, hugging and taken moments of silence with one another. But nope, let's only show footage of the cops that fire tear gas after they've been pelted with rocks, water bottles and who knows what else for several hours.

Are their bad cops? Yes. Do they need to be dealt with? Of course. But these people who are grouping all cops together as "bad, evil pigs" are doing the exact same thing they are protesting against (having blacks all grouped together as thugs and criminals). I've met many amazing cops in my life, ones that went far out of their way to help people avoid jail when they could have just taken them in and had their hands freed of it, and to see them be labeled as evil people because of the actions of fellow cops they don't even know is absolute bullshit. I just hope these people who are so against the cops remember not to call them the next time someone breaks into their house, beats the shit out of them, threatens their life, etc..

The peaceful protesters who do their thing and get out of there by curfew are the good ones. The ones who are stupid and stick around hours past curfew are the ones that I don't give a shit about and they deserve what they get. The rioters/looters just need to be shot.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I mean if protesters are going to be out past the curfew set by the cities, which they are warned ahead of time that they would be dealt with by force, that's completely on them. You can do your peaceful protests during the day and be cleared out by the time the curfew comes around and get home so that you don't put yourself in a position to be removed by force.

I have no sympathy for the media either. A lot of them are doing their best to paint cops in the worst possible color out there, even though there's plenty of pictures of videos from people showing cops and peaceful protesters together. Shaking hands, hugging and taken moments of silence with one another. But nope, let's only show footage of the cops that fire tear gas after they've been pelted with rocks, water bottles and who knows what else for several hours.

Are their bad cops? Yes. Do they need to be dealt with? Of course. But these people who are grouping all cops together as "bad, evil pigs" are doing the exact same thing they are protesting against (having blacks all grouped together as thugs and criminals). I've met many amazing cops in my life, ones that went far out of their way to help people avoid jail when they could have just taken them in and had their hands freed of it, and to see them be labeled as evil people because of the actions of fellow cops they don't even know is absolute bullshit. I just hope these people who are so against the cops remember not to call them the next time someone breaks into their house, beats the shit out of them, threatens their life, etc..

The peaceful protesters who do their thing and get out of there by curfew are the good ones. The ones who are stupid and stick around hours past curfew are the ones that I don't give a shit about and they deserve what they get. The rioters/looters just need to be shot.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 1st, 2020, 10:24 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
I agree that being out beyond curfew has known consequences and no one should be surprised when they encounter them. Although there is still a limit on the amount of force that should be used, and police should not be stopping people from getting home in time like they did yesterday in NYC by blocking the Brooklyn Bridge and refusing to let people use the subways.

The media definitely pick and choose what they show, and just because drama brings money. However, a media company cherry picking the stories doesn't justify shooting a reporter in the eye with a rubber bullet and blinding them, which has happened. The police system is corrupt, but that doesn't mean any cop who isn't for that should be attacked by someone with excessive and life changing force either. There are instances of cops initiating riots or violence, and instances of "protestors" doing the same initiating. I've seen videos of cops who sided with the protestors, but there are videos of cops doing that to get the photo op and then in the next instance firing off tear gas at the same crowd that just claimed was doing nothing to warrant action. The entire situation is a mess with people who are genuine and doing the right things on both sides, and others who are using it as an excuse for behaviour that is inexcusable on both sides. Regardless, inflicting grievous bodily harm on those who are clearly doing wrong isn't helpful. "Protestors" attacking the cops just encourages the bad ones to exhibit more bad behaviour, and that just feeds into the police brutality narrative. Cops initiating riots or using unnecessary force feeds that same narrative (but worse because now defense isn't an excuse you can try to fall back on), but now it makes protestors less trusting of them and more hostile to them.

You make a good point. The distinction really should be that the problem is the police system, which due to its problems harbours and encourages bad behaviour from officers who aren't fit for the position they hold. Police officers as a whole aren't a problem (because as you say, not every single one mistreats their power) but the system in which they work does have problems that should have been resolved a long time ago. As for calling cops for help, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people who don't feel safe around the police avoided calling them in the first place. I wouldn't want to call an officer to my house if the force they work with has a reputation for treating me poorly just because of the way I look. The lack of police trust is a reason people are protesting and that lack of trust is largely down to the way the system functions.

The only thing clear from the whole mess is that change needs to happen, and maybe the President could work on that one day instead of tear gassing protestors just to have a photo op in front of a church while holding a Bible the wrong way. Errm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I agree that being out beyond curfew has known consequences and no one should be surprised when they encounter them. Although there is still a limit on the amount of force that should be used, and police should not be stopping people from getting home in time like they did yesterday in NYC by blocking the Brooklyn Bridge and refusing to let people use the subways.

The media definitely pick and choose what they show, and just because drama brings money. However, a media company cherry picking the stories doesn't justify shooting a reporter in the eye with a rubber bullet and blinding them, which has happened. The police system is corrupt, but that doesn't mean any cop who isn't for that should be attacked by someone with excessive and life changing force either. There are instances of cops initiating riots or violence, and instances of "protestors" doing the same initiating. I've seen videos of cops who sided with the protestors, but there are videos of cops doing that to get the photo op and then in the next instance firing off tear gas at the same crowd that just claimed was doing nothing to warrant action. The entire situation is a mess with people who are genuine and doing the right things on both sides, and others who are using it as an excuse for behaviour that is inexcusable on both sides. Regardless, inflicting grievous bodily harm on those who are clearly doing wrong isn't helpful. "Protestors" attacking the cops just encourages the bad ones to exhibit more bad behaviour, and that just feeds into the police brutality narrative. Cops initiating riots or using unnecessary force feeds that same narrative (but worse because now defense isn't an excuse you can try to fall back on), but now it makes protestors less trusting of them and more hostile to them.

You make a good point. The distinction really should be that the problem is the police system, which due to its problems harbours and encourages bad behaviour from officers who aren't fit for the position they hold. Police officers as a whole aren't a problem (because as you say, not every single one mistreats their power) but the system in which they work does have problems that should have been resolved a long time ago. As for calling cops for help, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people who don't feel safe around the police avoided calling them in the first place. I wouldn't want to call an officer to my house if the force they work with has a reputation for treating me poorly just because of the way I look. The lack of police trust is a reason people are protesting and that lack of trust is largely down to the way the system functions.

The only thing clear from the whole mess is that change needs to happen, and maybe the President could work on that one day instead of tear gassing protestors just to have a photo op in front of a church while holding a Bible the wrong way. Errm
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
First thing is I support black lives matter and the protesters because when it comes down to it America has had a history of system that discriminated against black people and other minorities and we often forget that these systems have consequences and are still in play today. Jim Crow laws weren't abolished until the 60's and we have people alive today that remember the times where segregation was a thing. My principle when I was in elementary school she actually talked about how she was alive during those times she is a really sweet lady. When you realize that it really isn't hard to believe a cycle of racism was born where parents taught their kids to discriminate and to this day we still feel the effects of it when truthfully it really wasn't that long ago the abolishment of slavery in the USA was about 157 years ago.

When it comes to cops some people become cops because they like the idea of having power and they will abuse it when you combine it with a cycle of racism it results in awful situations like with George Floyd. There are some good cops, but for these reasons alone even the good cops are hard to be trusted. Its unfair that cops that treat everyone with respect get grouped in with the bad cops, but it is even more unfair that good people get grouped into their lives being worth less than other people. I myself don't really want the protest to turn violent and anyone to really get hurt but sadly often they aren't that way because the protesters want something to be done about the problems so they'll stand their ground and get the attention the best way possible. Then the cops are called in with the shitty and good ones or maybe even the okay cops and they have to attack people with their rubber bullets and pepper spray and frankly the use of force on people that are peacefully protesting ain't right, but this also stirs up the protesters and they strike back.

I remember reading a tweet about this basically saying, "Buildings can be rebuilt, but lives cannot." and same thing with the looting the lost of life is what most people are focusing on right now. While I don't feel like looting or burning down a building is the right thing to do. I am not surprised that it happens people are upset and in the heat of emotion people can do some pretty crazy shit when they feel they aren't being heard and you can't forget the thieves that would take advantage of this situation to get free stuff there probably isn't a better time for them to do it.

In the end I can't say I fully understand because I am white and I really haven't lived my life in fear of cops because I don't really have to worry about racism causing them to treat me like shit just because they can get away with it. I think that sad and I hope this will lead us to a future where people of all colors can feel that the cops are here to serve and protect us instead of oppress and kill us.
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
First thing is I support black lives matter and the protesters because when it comes down to it America has had a history of system that discriminated against black people and other minorities and we often forget that these systems have consequences and are still in play today. Jim Crow laws weren't abolished until the 60's and we have people alive today that remember the times where segregation was a thing. My principle when I was in elementary school she actually talked about how she was alive during those times she is a really sweet lady. When you realize that it really isn't hard to believe a cycle of racism was born where parents taught their kids to discriminate and to this day we still feel the effects of it when truthfully it really wasn't that long ago the abolishment of slavery in the USA was about 157 years ago.

When it comes to cops some people become cops because they like the idea of having power and they will abuse it when you combine it with a cycle of racism it results in awful situations like with George Floyd. There are some good cops, but for these reasons alone even the good cops are hard to be trusted. Its unfair that cops that treat everyone with respect get grouped in with the bad cops, but it is even more unfair that good people get grouped into their lives being worth less than other people. I myself don't really want the protest to turn violent and anyone to really get hurt but sadly often they aren't that way because the protesters want something to be done about the problems so they'll stand their ground and get the attention the best way possible. Then the cops are called in with the shitty and good ones or maybe even the okay cops and they have to attack people with their rubber bullets and pepper spray and frankly the use of force on people that are peacefully protesting ain't right, but this also stirs up the protesters and they strike back.

I remember reading a tweet about this basically saying, "Buildings can be rebuilt, but lives cannot." and same thing with the looting the lost of life is what most people are focusing on right now. While I don't feel like looting or burning down a building is the right thing to do. I am not surprised that it happens people are upset and in the heat of emotion people can do some pretty crazy shit when they feel they aren't being heard and you can't forget the thieves that would take advantage of this situation to get free stuff there probably isn't a better time for them to do it.

In the end I can't say I fully understand because I am white and I really haven't lived my life in fear of cops because I don't really have to worry about racism causing them to treat me like shit just because they can get away with it. I think that sad and I hope this will lead us to a future where people of all colors can feel that the cops are here to serve and protect us instead of oppress and kill us.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
So Chinese scientists have discovered a new strand of H1N1 (being called G4 EA H1N1) that they believe could erupt into a pandemic. Current Swine Flu vaccines are not working on it and workers in China's swine industry have shown signs of being infected with it.

Hope you guys are ready for COVID 2.0 and Neo H1N1 to hit the world at the same time. Double the pandemic, double the fun!
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
So Chinese scientists have discovered a new strand of H1N1 (being called G4 EA H1N1) that they believe could erupt into a pandemic. Current Swine Flu vaccines are not working on it and workers in China's swine industry have shown signs of being infected with it.

Hope you guys are ready for COVID 2.0 and Neo H1N1 to hit the world at the same time. Double the pandemic, double the fun!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 30th, 2020, 01:05 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
(being called G4 EA H1N1)
EA screwing gamers over again SMH... Whistle

I'd hope that no one is allowed in or out of China so this new virus stays there, but the handling of Covid doesn't give me much hope and I'm sure some prick will just sneak out or go visit without a care.

If China does actually cause a second virus to become a pandemic in the same year the country really should be held accountable. It makes me question what the fuck they're doing to get two new viruses in the span of a year.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 30th, 2020, 01:05 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
(being called G4 EA H1N1)
EA screwing gamers over again SMH... Whistle

I'd hope that no one is allowed in or out of China so this new virus stays there, but the handling of Covid doesn't give me much hope and I'm sure some prick will just sneak out or go visit without a care.

If China does actually cause a second virus to become a pandemic in the same year the country really should be held accountable. It makes me question what the fuck they're doing to get two new viruses in the span of a year.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Ah shoot really, another different pandemic might be on the horizon soon? This year turning out to be something else, OK it already is but even more so. I vote we need to build a time machine. Or propel Earth into the Sun or something.  Glare
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Ah shoot really, another different pandemic might be on the horizon soon? This year turning out to be something else, OK it already is but even more so. I vote we need to build a time machine. Or propel Earth into the Sun or something.  Glare
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
So a protester in Austin, Texas was shot and killed by a driver of a car last night. People are saying the car "drove into protestors trying to run people over," but everything I could see seems to indicate that the protestors themselves ran out into the street and surrounded the car to prevent them from being able to move. Well, one of the protestors had an AK-47 (later reports showing that he was interviewed earlier in the night saying that people who "hate us" are "huge pussies"), and video/picture evidence appears to show that when the car got surrounded by the mob, he was pointing his AK at the driver. Well, if you haven't heard about it yet, it ended poorly for him. Shots were fired, and in the end the driver had a handgun and shot and killed the idiot with the AK.

People are outraged at the driver and are calling for him to be arrested for murder. What? If I was in my car, suddenly got surrounded by a mob of thugs pounding on my car, and of them pointed a fucking AK-47 at me, or even began to raise the damn thing towards me, and I had a carry permit, you bet your ass I'm drawing my gun and firing first. Maybe if this protester was more educated instead of being "Me big man with big gun", he'd still be alive. But as the saying goes, "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
So a protester in Austin, Texas was shot and killed by a driver of a car last night. People are saying the car "drove into protestors trying to run people over," but everything I could see seems to indicate that the protestors themselves ran out into the street and surrounded the car to prevent them from being able to move. Well, one of the protestors had an AK-47 (later reports showing that he was interviewed earlier in the night saying that people who "hate us" are "huge pussies"), and video/picture evidence appears to show that when the car got surrounded by the mob, he was pointing his AK at the driver. Well, if you haven't heard about it yet, it ended poorly for him. Shots were fired, and in the end the driver had a handgun and shot and killed the idiot with the AK.

People are outraged at the driver and are calling for him to be arrested for murder. What? If I was in my car, suddenly got surrounded by a mob of thugs pounding on my car, and of them pointed a fucking AK-47 at me, or even began to raise the damn thing towards me, and I had a carry permit, you bet your ass I'm drawing my gun and firing first. Maybe if this protester was more educated instead of being "Me big man with big gun", he'd still be alive. But as the saying goes, "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm pretty sure that surrounding a car permits the driver to use any means necessary for escape, even if someone dies from it. You're threatening someone's life and safety doing it.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm pretty sure that surrounding a car permits the driver to use any means necessary for escape, even if someone dies from it. You're threatening someone's life and safety doing it.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
It's just funny how they think they had the right to run into a road that was not blocked off. I have a hard time believing that the person in the car was trying to run anyone over, because the car was stopped and they were honking their horn multiple times. If your goal is to run people over...

1) You're not going to stop and let the mob surround your car. You're going to floor it and go until something stops you.

2) You're not going to sit there and honk your horn to try and get people to move.

Plus I've seen multiple videos were supporters of these mobs were like "oh mah gawd that person tried to run them over!" Cue to the video where you see a car going like 5 MPH and suddenly a bunch of the rioters just run out into the street in front of the car and then act like the car was going 100 MPH and trying to mow them all down.

I remember seeing one specific video from down in Floriday, where an unmarked police vehicle was going through the street (again, driving extremely slowly), and the rioters ran out and surrounded the vehicle, and then you see one of them jump up on the hood of the car and then roll off, and people were like, "OHMERGAWD DID YOU SEE THAT THEY JUST HIT THAT PERSON!!!!" Despite the fact that you can see, clear as fucking day, that he JUMPED ON THE HOOD HIMSELF AND THEN ROLLED OFF to make it look like they hit him.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
It's just funny how they think they had the right to run into a road that was not blocked off. I have a hard time believing that the person in the car was trying to run anyone over, because the car was stopped and they were honking their horn multiple times. If your goal is to run people over...

1) You're not going to stop and let the mob surround your car. You're going to floor it and go until something stops you.

2) You're not going to sit there and honk your horn to try and get people to move.

Plus I've seen multiple videos were supporters of these mobs were like "oh mah gawd that person tried to run them over!" Cue to the video where you see a car going like 5 MPH and suddenly a bunch of the rioters just run out into the street in front of the car and then act like the car was going 100 MPH and trying to mow them all down.

I remember seeing one specific video from down in Floriday, where an unmarked police vehicle was going through the street (again, driving extremely slowly), and the rioters ran out and surrounded the vehicle, and then you see one of them jump up on the hood of the car and then roll off, and people were like, "OHMERGAWD DID YOU SEE THAT THEY JUST HIT THAT PERSON!!!!" Despite the fact that you can see, clear as fucking day, that he JUMPED ON THE HOOD HIMSELF AND THEN ROLLED OFF to make it look like they hit him.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So I'm sure everyone has heard about the explosion in Beirut. But I just saw this photo of a before and after shot of the ground zero area and it's like looking at the aftermath of a concrete donkey in Worms...

[Image: a1rrmbn1z8f51.jpg]

This is it at another angle that shows more of the buildings and stuff:

[Image: cuavjwagg1f51.jpg]

The craziest thing to me is that if it wasn't for Covid, so many people would have been at the offices in that port at the time and would likely all be dead. I don't think anyone four months ago (hell even a week ago) would have believed hearing that a pandemic would actually have a positive outcome on another horrific event.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So I'm sure everyone has heard about the explosion in Beirut. But I just saw this photo of a before and after shot of the ground zero area and it's like looking at the aftermath of a concrete donkey in Worms...

[Image: a1rrmbn1z8f51.jpg]

This is it at another angle that shows more of the buildings and stuff:

[Image: cuavjwagg1f51.jpg]

The craziest thing to me is that if it wasn't for Covid, so many people would have been at the offices in that port at the time and would likely all be dead. I don't think anyone four months ago (hell even a week ago) would have believed hearing that a pandemic would actually have a positive outcome on another horrific event.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Universal Chat Thread Mr EliteL 3,871 1,590,352 7 hours ago
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  The Movie Thread Moonface 88 21,520 Yesterday, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  The Food & Drink Thread Moonface 100 41,695 Mar 24th, 2023, 08:45 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Maniak's Rants - The General Thread Maniakkid25 10 4,177 Jan 10th, 2022, 08:42 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  2020 Holiday Season Thread Moonface 15 7,217 Jan 18th, 2021, 11:54 PM
Last Post: Moonface