What's Your Dream Game Announcement?
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,148
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
It's E3 2020. You're watching some publisher spouting on about all their shiny new games that probably won't get released for another 3 years. They've just finished a segment on Super Waffle Fighters X, and you wonder what they're showing next. Suddenly, out of nowhere (RKO!) they drop a trailer for a game announcement you never thought you'd ever see. What dream announcement have they made for you?

Had this come to mind when I stumbled across a trailer for a LBP fan game that got announced earlier in the week that surprisingly has the blessing of Mm, and it made me yearn for an announcement of a new LBP game that does everything LBP1 and LBP2 got right and tells everything wrong of LBP3 to not-so-politely go fuck itself. As good as Dreams might be, I don't think it's going to have the same charm LBP uniquely has and I would adore for both games to have a place on PS5, especially as my dream announcement for a new LBP game would revive it back to when it was peaking in 2013.

[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,148 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
It's E3 2020. You're watching some publisher spouting on about all their shiny new games that probably won't get released for another 3 years. They've just finished a segment on Super Waffle Fighters X, and you wonder what they're showing next. Suddenly, out of nowhere (RKO!) they drop a trailer for a game announcement you never thought you'd ever see. What dream announcement have they made for you?

Had this come to mind when I stumbled across a trailer for a LBP fan game that got announced earlier in the week that surprisingly has the blessing of Mm, and it made me yearn for an announcement of a new LBP game that does everything LBP1 and LBP2 got right and tells everything wrong of LBP3 to not-so-politely go fuck itself. As good as Dreams might be, I don't think it's going to have the same charm LBP uniquely has and I would adore for both games to have a place on PS5, especially as my dream announcement for a new LBP game would revive it back to when it was peaking in 2013.

Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Right now my #1 dream announcement would probably be a complete Demon's Souls remake for PS4. Since they shut the servers down for Demon's Souls on PS3, it would be a perfect time to come out with a Remake. I don't want just a Remaster because I'd like for them to improve the combat to be less floaty and feel better like Dark Souls or Dark Souls 3's combat. Seeing the game being touched up graphically would also be pretty neat. Demon's Souls with Dark Souls 3 aesthetic and combat, but nothing else changed, would be amazing.

Though I have a feeling at this time, if they were going to come out with a remake or remaster of the game, they might just wait until they can do it on PS5.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Right now my #1 dream announcement would probably be a complete Demon's Souls remake for PS4. Since they shut the servers down for Demon's Souls on PS3, it would be a perfect time to come out with a Remake. I don't want just a Remaster because I'd like for them to improve the combat to be less floaty and feel better like Dark Souls or Dark Souls 3's combat. Seeing the game being touched up graphically would also be pretty neat. Demon's Souls with Dark Souls 3 aesthetic and combat, but nothing else changed, would be amazing.

Though I have a feeling at this time, if they were going to come out with a remake or remaster of the game, they might just wait until they can do it on PS5.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Demon Souls remake would be amazing, that's a good call. Though, would you rather that or a Bloodborne 2, first? Hmm

I would be hype af for a new true entry in the Ape Escape series. No true game since Ape Escape 3 in 2006 (2005, if you count initial Japanese release), and it's definitely a sleeper PlayStation exclusive hit that deserves all the love it gets for it. It being the 20 year anniversary for the series, one could hope for something in this year, but not holding my breath >.<
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Demon Souls remake would be amazing, that's a good call. Though, would you rather that or a Bloodborne 2, first? Hmm

I would be hype af for a new true entry in the Ape Escape series. No true game since Ape Escape 3 in 2006 (2005, if you count initial Japanese release), and it's definitely a sleeper PlayStation exclusive hit that deserves all the love it gets for it. It being the 20 year anniversary for the series, one could hope for something in this year, but not holding my breath >.<
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 22nd, 2020, 11:49 PM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Given the reception to old game remakes in the past few years, Sony would be braindead to not at least do a remake of the first Ape Escape for the anniversary if they don't want to try a sequel after a 15 year gap.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Given the reception to old game remakes in the past few years, Sony would be braindead to not at least do a remake of the first Ape Escape for the anniversary if they don't want to try a sequel after a 15 year gap.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 

As much as I loved Bloodborne and would be stoked to see Bloodborne 2 become a thing, at this current point in time I'd much rather see a Demon's Souls Remake/Remaster. It's a gem that a lot of people missed out on and with the servers being shut off, a very core mechanic of the game is now gone. Sure people can still play it single player, but for a lot of people that takes most of the fun out of the game. I'd love to see it get brought over to PS4 so the multiplayer can be restored and also so that more people can experience it. The mechanics are pretty dated, so that's way I said I'd rather see a remake instead of a remaster, so those can be brought up to snuff and people wouldn't complain about it. 

Demon's Souls is a really great game and I'd put it as my third favorite of the five "Soulsborne" games, but I think it was pretty doomed at the start because it was published by Atlus in the west compared to the later Dark Souls games being published by Bandai Namco -- a much, much larger publisher. Now with the popularity that Dark Souls 1-3 and Bloodborne have produced, Demon's Souls could get the attention it deserved from the start.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 

As much as I loved Bloodborne and would be stoked to see Bloodborne 2 become a thing, at this current point in time I'd much rather see a Demon's Souls Remake/Remaster. It's a gem that a lot of people missed out on and with the servers being shut off, a very core mechanic of the game is now gone. Sure people can still play it single player, but for a lot of people that takes most of the fun out of the game. I'd love to see it get brought over to PS4 so the multiplayer can be restored and also so that more people can experience it. The mechanics are pretty dated, so that's way I said I'd rather see a remake instead of a remaster, so those can be brought up to snuff and people wouldn't complain about it. 

Demon's Souls is a really great game and I'd put it as my third favorite of the five "Soulsborne" games, but I think it was pretty doomed at the start because it was published by Atlus in the west compared to the later Dark Souls games being published by Bandai Namco -- a much, much larger publisher. Now with the popularity that Dark Souls 1-3 and Bloodborne have produced, Demon's Souls could get the attention it deserved from the start.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I enjoy that two of the three things people wanted to see happened, even if the new LBP game isn't exactly LBP4 like I wanted. XD

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I enjoy that two of the three things people wanted to see happened, even if the new LBP game isn't exactly LBP4 like I wanted. XD
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
Hmmm...this is a very good question.

I'd probably have to say a re-release of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Replaying through that game with current day graphics would really be something special. Make it happen Nintendo!
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
Hmmm...this is a very good question.

I'd probably have to say a re-release of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Replaying through that game with current day graphics would really be something special. Make it happen Nintendo!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do You View Smash Bros. as a Party Game or a Fighting Game? Moonface 5 729 Aug 2nd, 2023, 03:38 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Game creator Content ID'd on his own game Maniakkid25 4 4,846 Dec 7th, 2019, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Moonface