Your first ever game?
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
(Jun 11th, 2018, 10:06 PM)Monocle Wrote:
i mean, if we go by my mother, I've been with her playing games from the womb lololol

It was definitely legends of zelda. but consciously as child? Probably either Super Metroid or Contra 3. Contra 3 especially gave me tons of fun. cousins coming over and just having a blast and never finishing the game

I enjoy this bit of backstory we got here XD Wish my parents played games for me to have said that, too.

I don't know the exact origin of my SNES (if it was handed down to me by my brother, who was moving out at that time, or if I acquired it new as a gift), but I do believe my first few games on it were Yoshi's Island, The Lion King, Aladdin & Jungle Book. I cannot tell you what came first for me because I was around 2-3 years old and my memory is limited, but those were really some of the best experiences I've had with games at the time.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
(Jun 11th, 2018, 10:06 PM)Monocle Wrote:
i mean, if we go by my mother, I've been with her playing games from the womb lololol

It was definitely legends of zelda. but consciously as child? Probably either Super Metroid or Contra 3. Contra 3 especially gave me tons of fun. cousins coming over and just having a blast and never finishing the game

I enjoy this bit of backstory we got here XD Wish my parents played games for me to have said that, too.

I don't know the exact origin of my SNES (if it was handed down to me by my brother, who was moving out at that time, or if I acquired it new as a gift), but I do believe my first few games on it were Yoshi's Island, The Lion King, Aladdin & Jungle Book. I cannot tell you what came first for me because I was around 2-3 years old and my memory is limited, but those were really some of the best experiences I've had with games at the time.
Hotspot Offline
Does this avatar make me look fat?
Currently Playing
Overwatch, Legend of Zorldo: Breath of the Winds
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2
XP: 268
Mega Man Bioshock 
If we went by systems, I can easily say the following, since they occurred in the last three years.

PS3: Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (Which I have yet to finish, and that was three years ago)
Nintendo Switch: Super Mario Odyssey.
Nintendo 3DS: Ever Oasis.

Some of my posts are satire, so don't take me too seriously! : P
Hotspot Offline
Does this avatar make me look fat?
Currently Playing
Overwatch, Legend of Zorldo: Breath of the Winds
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2
XP: 268 Mega Man Bioshock 
If we went by systems, I can easily say the following, since they occurred in the last three years.

PS3: Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (Which I have yet to finish, and that was three years ago)
Nintendo Switch: Super Mario Odyssey.
Nintendo 3DS: Ever Oasis.
aerodynamik Offline
Beginner
XP: 2,650
Halo Call of Duty Halloween Birthday Bash 
I think early when games were still on square disks lol, where you had to put it another when you advanced further. Don't quite remember the name though. But that's where I started. And that was 20 years back in the 90's.
aerodynamik Offline
Beginner
XP: 2,650 Halo Call of Duty Halloween Birthday Bash 
I think early when games were still on square disks lol, where you had to put it another when you advanced further. Don't quite remember the name though. But that's where I started. And that was 20 years back in the 90's.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,168
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Jun 14th, 2018, 08:49 AM)aerodynamik Wrote:
I think early when games were still on square disks lol, where you had to put it another when you advanced further.
Do you mean floppy discs? XD
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,168 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Jun 14th, 2018, 08:49 AM)aerodynamik Wrote:
I think early when games were still on square disks lol, where you had to put it another when you advanced further.
Do you mean floppy discs? XD
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Well, the first game I ever played at all was "Mario Teaches Sums": an educational game which was very basic, and I didn't care much for it.

The Dorling Kindersley educational games were much better-made, and I had a whole bunch of them. I think my favourite ones were Dinosaur Hunter and Earth Quest; those games pretty much formed my original set of interests Tongue .

However, the first non-educational game that I played much of was Geoff Crammond's Grand Prix. Usually, instead of racing properly, I just turned on the 'Indestructible' driver aid, and smashed all of the other cars to pieces!
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Well, the first game I ever played at all was "Mario Teaches Sums": an educational game which was very basic, and I didn't care much for it.

The Dorling Kindersley educational games were much better-made, and I had a whole bunch of them. I think my favourite ones were Dinosaur Hunter and Earth Quest; those games pretty much formed my original set of interests Tongue .

However, the first non-educational game that I played much of was Geoff Crammond's Grand Prix. Usually, instead of racing properly, I just turned on the 'Indestructible' driver aid, and smashed all of the other cars to pieces!
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Ah, educational games. I absolutely loved those. Had Big Thinkers, Math Blaster, even Sonic Schoolhouse (god those 90's 3D graphics were something else). There's another one I can't think of the name of, but it was inside this giant tree, had a factory, I think the characters were bears? Hmm
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Ah, educational games. I absolutely loved those. Had Big Thinkers, Math Blaster, even Sonic Schoolhouse (god those 90's 3D graphics were something else). There's another one I can't think of the name of, but it was inside this giant tree, had a factory, I think the characters were bears? Hmm
Daltonio Offline
F.K. .... in the coffee!
Currently Playing
Death Stranding
Favourite Platform(s)
Playstation
XP: 154
I'm relatively positive it was the Batman Returns tie-in game for Sega Genesis. I'm still playing Batman games to this day, so not a bad one to start off with.
[Image: MOnYWal.png]
Sig by Amalthea
Daltonio Offline
F.K. .... in the coffee!
Currently Playing
Death Stranding
Favourite Platform(s)
Playstation
XP: 154
I'm relatively positive it was the Batman Returns tie-in game for Sega Genesis. I'm still playing Batman games to this day, so not a bad one to start off with.
Metallix Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Dreams
XP: 2,440
This one is easy for me because I have a good memory. For me it was Sonic the Hedgehog 2 on Sega Genesis. My dad got me a Genesis when I was 5 and it came with Sonic 2, he also bought Desert Strike which was also amazing but I played that one second.

It's too bad Sonic 2 was rushed and had to have levels cut and many other features. Did you know it was originally going to have time travelling just like in Sonic CD? It also was supposed to have a world map and at least three more levels that weren't in it.
Metallix Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Dreams
XP: 2,440
This one is easy for me because I have a good memory. For me it was Sonic the Hedgehog 2 on Sega Genesis. My dad got me a Genesis when I was 5 and it came with Sonic 2, he also bought Desert Strike which was also amazing but I played that one second.

It's too bad Sonic 2 was rushed and had to have levels cut and many other features. Did you know it was originally going to have time travelling just like in Sonic CD? It also was supposed to have a world map and at least three more levels that weren't in it.
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
My first game I remember playing and beating was Yoshi's Island for the Super Nintendo but the Nintendo in general is something really special to me and something I'll honestly never forget.

I really want to get a Nintendo logo tattoo on my wrist to show my passion and love for the console and company and the gaming world in general.
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
My first game I remember playing and beating was Yoshi's Island for the Super Nintendo but the Nintendo in general is something really special to me and something I'll honestly never forget.

I really want to get a Nintendo logo tattoo on my wrist to show my passion and love for the console and company and the gaming world in general.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do You View Smash Bros. as a Party Game or a Fighting Game? Moonface 5 730 Aug 2nd, 2023, 03:38 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Game creator Content ID'd on his own game Maniakkid25 4 4,846 Dec 7th, 2019, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Moonface