Your first ever game?
macGamr Offline
Irony represent.
Currently Playing
The game of life
XP: 184
What game, or more than one of them, started your desire for gaming? For me, when I used to enjoy it, it was both Sky Blazer and Super Mario Kart for the SNES. Good memories Smile
[Image: E12av.png]
Gamers welcome also, yeah.
macGamr Offline
Irony represent.
Currently Playing
The game of life
XP: 184
What game, or more than one of them, started your desire for gaming? For me, when I used to enjoy it, it was both Sky Blazer and Super Mario Kart for the SNES. Good memories Smile
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
I believe the first game I ever played was Mario Kart 64? I can't say for sure cause my memories from before 5 aren't that clear.
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
I believe the first game I ever played was Mario Kart 64? I can't say for sure cause my memories from before 5 aren't that clear.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 officially. What got me into gaming forever was Chrono Trigger for the SNES.
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 officially. What got me into gaming forever was Chrono Trigger for the SNES.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Starfox 64, which was a game I bought for a friend as his birthday gift way back when. I didn't know what them "video games" were before, but I was immediately hooked when I started, and haven't stopped since.

I may have a problem...
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Starfox 64, which was a game I bought for a friend as his birthday gift way back when. I didn't know what them "video games" were before, but I was immediately hooked when I started, and haven't stopped since.

I may have a problem...
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
XP: 5,252
Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
For me, it was Apogee's 1992 Secret Agent.

I used to play the hell out of it on my humble DOS-powered PC back in 94 and 95. I remember being distinctly sad (no, not disappointed, sad) when our new, shiny Windows 95 PC couldn't run it.

Fun times.
When leaves have fallen.
And skies turned to grey.
The night keeps on closing in on the day.
A nightingale sings his song of farewell.
You better hide from her freezing hell. ~ Ice Queen, Within Temptation.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
XP: 5,252 Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 

I used to play the hell out of it on my humble DOS-powered PC back in 94 and 95. I remember being distinctly sad (no, not disappointed, sad) when our new, shiny Windows 95 PC couldn't run it.

Fun times.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Really can't remember what the first game I played, something on the Atari 2600. Don't remember what properly got in me into gaming either. Probably Tekken, Road Rash, Bomberman World and PS1 demos. I think it was Bomberman, since that's the game series I was most into as a kid, and played a lot of that. I no longer have World though. D=
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Really can't remember what the first game I played, something on the Atari 2600. Don't remember what properly got in me into gaming either. Probably Tekken, Road Rash, Bomberman World and PS1 demos. I think it was Bomberman, since that's the game series I was most into as a kid, and played a lot of that. I no longer have World though. D=
lp0 on fire Offline
PC Load Letter WTF does that mean?!
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152
Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
(Jun 9th, 2018, 12:07 AM)Tsu Wrote:

Fun times.

Brother! (or Sister, since I have no idea...)

Although the first game I remember playing was Wallenstein 3D.

Mix in some other old more age appropriate DOS games and at school some Apple ][ (or the original mac, I honestly don't remember) games.

Did you ever use 5.5in floppies? What about 8 in? Whistle

Zaythus Network Community Lifeboat man I suck at advertising stuff...
[Image: pcmascot.png]
Putting the 'Percussive' in 'Maintenance' since Before (most of) you were born.
Any post do not reflect the views of Zaythus Netwroks Inc nor it's new Murderous OverLoard Tap A Talk (hereby referred to as "TAT").
Any posts do not necessary reflect the views of the poster, after all he does shitpost from time to time, like right now.

Percussive maintenance - the art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work again.
We need Tables!
The community's grumpy old man who goes on long winded rants.
WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
[Image: BDay-18-2nd.png]
[Image: ZUW3rka.gif]
Spooky scary skeletons
Send shivers down your spine
Shrieking skulls will shock your soul
Seal your doom tonight
[Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_qbGJuxCYY]
https://i.imgur.com/DVjkd5Z.gif
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152 Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
(Jun 9th, 2018, 12:07 AM)Tsu Wrote:

Fun times.

Brother! (or Sister, since I have no idea...)

Although the first game I remember playing was Wallenstein 3D.

Mix in some other old more age appropriate DOS games and at school some Apple ][ (or the original mac, I honestly don't remember) games.

Did you ever use 5.5in floppies? What about 8 in? Whistle
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Quote:Brother! (or Sister, since I have no idea...)

Brother is fine Smile

Quote:Although the first game I remember playing was Wallenstein 3D.

Wolfenstein 3D was actually the first-ever game I got to try on the aforementioned Windows 95 PC (why would that run but not Secret Agent is one of those things that make you hate Windows right from the get-go). Really fun game, even if only the Shareware version -I'm pretty sure that's what we had-.

Quote:Did you ever use 5.5in floppies? What about 8 in? undefined

I still have some of mine, actually:

When leaves have fallen.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing

Brother is fine Smile

Wolfenstein 3D was actually the first-ever game I got to try on the aforementioned Windows 95 PC (why would that run but not Secret Agent is one of those things that make you hate Windows right from the get-go). Really fun game, even if only the Shareware version -I'm pretty sure that's what we had-.

Quote:Did you ever use 5.5in floppies? What about 8 in? undefined

I still have some of mine, actually:

Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Not sure on the exact game, but it was either Final Fantasy Mystic Quest, Super Mario Bros. 3 or The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Not sure on the exact game, but it was either Final Fantasy Mystic Quest, Super Mario Bros. 3 or The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152
Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
(Jun 10th, 2018, 10:55 PM)Tsu Wrote:

Brother is fine Smile

I know its like 20 years too late, but Windows 9x was really just in a way DOS GUI shell, you should have been able to boot in to pure DOS and run Secret Agent from that.
Although it would not surprise me if the CPU was too fast for the game, a common issue in those days. (Think like how lazy game devs these days tie physics to FPS, back in the day the game code/logic/something was tied to CPU cycles).

Most of the German I know is from Wolf3D, and well, Wolf3D would be responsible for me for years having "Horst-Wessel-Lied" in my head with out realizing what it was.

Zaythus Network Community Lifeboat man I suck at advertising stuff...
[Image: pcmascot.png]
Putting the 'Percussive' in 'Maintenance' since Before (most of) you were born.
Any post do not reflect the views of Zaythus Netwroks Inc nor it's new Murderous OverLoard Tap A Talk (hereby referred to as "TAT").
Any posts do not necessary reflect the views of the poster, after all he does shitpost from time to time, like right now.

Percussive maintenance - the art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work again.
We need Tables!
The community's grumpy old man who goes on long winded rants.
WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
[Image: BDay-18-2nd.png]
[Image: ZUW3rka.gif]
Spooky scary skeletons
Send shivers down your spine
Shrieking skulls will shock your soul
Seal your doom tonight
[Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_qbGJuxCYY]
https://i.imgur.com/DVjkd5Z.gif
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152 Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 

Brother is fine Smile

I know its like 20 years too late, but Windows 9x was really just in a way DOS GUI shell, you should have been able to boot in to pure DOS and run Secret Agent from that.
Although it would not surprise me if the CPU was too fast for the game, a common issue in those days. (Think like how lazy game devs these days tie physics to FPS, back in the day the game code/logic/something was tied to CPU cycles).

Most of the German I know is from Wolf3D, and well, Wolf3D would be responsible for me for years having "Horst-Wessel-Lied" in my head with out realizing what it was.
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
(Jun 11th, 2018, 12:44 AM)percussive maintenance Wrote:

Brother is fine Smile

We actually toyed a bit with that back in the day, while trying to bend Sim Health into obeying Tongue

I don't recall much of what happened, other than it didn't work very well at all. I do remember my dad trying to hack together a DOS boot disk, though (probably just to shut us up, since we wouldn't stop complaining about our precious games) and the fact that the whole thing was a fiasco, which caused the game to speed up to the point it was actually unplayable.

Same thing worked so much better with Legend of Kyrandia.

Funny how the song got stuck in your head for ages, same thing happened to me but with the grunts' speech... my five-year-old mind wouldn't be able to tell what they were saying, but it did sound funny Tongue
When leaves have fallen.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
(Jun 11th, 2018, 12:44 AM)percussive maintenance Wrote:

Brother is fine Smile

We actually toyed a bit with that back in the day, while trying to bend Sim Health into obeying Tongue

I don't recall much of what happened, other than it didn't work very well at all. I do remember my dad trying to hack together a DOS boot disk, though (probably just to shut us up, since we wouldn't stop complaining about our precious games) and the fact that the whole thing was a fiasco, which caused the game to speed up to the point it was actually unplayable.

Same thing worked so much better with Legend of Kyrandia.

Funny how the song got stuck in your head for ages, same thing happened to me but with the grunts' speech... my five-year-old mind wouldn't be able to tell what they were saying, but it did sound funny Tongue
Hotspot Offline
Does this avatar make me look fat?
Currently Playing
Overwatch, Legend of Zorldo: Breath of the Winds
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2
XP: 268
Mega Man Bioshock 
My first system was the Sega Genisis. I don't know which was my first game. But it had to be either the Berenstein Bears, or Tiny Toons. Or quite possibly "Brutal: Paws of Fury", which my parents always played.

I am however a Playstation diva. My first PS 1 games were Twisted Metal 2, Crash Bandicoot 2, and Spyro.

Some of my posts are satire, so don't take me too seriously! : P
Hotspot Offline
Does this avatar make me look fat?
Currently Playing
Overwatch, Legend of Zorldo: Breath of the Winds
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2
XP: 268 Mega Man Bioshock 
My first system was the Sega Genisis. I don't know which was my first game. But it had to be either the Berenstein Bears, or Tiny Toons. Or quite possibly "Brutal: Paws of Fury", which my parents always played.

I am however a Playstation diva. My first PS 1 games were Twisted Metal 2, Crash Bandicoot 2, and Spyro.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I think the first game I played was Sonic The Hedgehog, but the first one that actually made me get into gaming fully was Rayman, as that was the first game I got with my PS1, which was the first console I ever got.

And while it isn't the first game I played, since it covers it I'll share the first games I played per system that I can remember:

PS2: Midnight Club and Silent Scope
PS3: Resistance: Fall of Man and Motorstorm
PS4: Dying Light I think?
3DS: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I think the first game I played was Sonic The Hedgehog, but the first one that actually made me get into gaming fully was Rayman, as that was the first game I got with my PS1, which was the first console I ever got.

And while it isn't the first game I played, since it covers it I'll share the first games I played per system that I can remember:

PS2: Midnight Club and Silent Scope
PS3: Resistance: Fall of Man and Motorstorm
PS4: Dying Light I think?
3DS: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728
Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
i mean, if we go by my mother, I've been with her playing games from the womb lololol

It was definitely legends of zelda. but consciously as child? Probably either Super Metroid or Contra 3. Contra 3 especially gave me tons of fun. cousins coming over and just having a blast and never finishing the game
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728 Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
i mean, if we go by my mother, I've been with her playing games from the womb lololol

It was definitely legends of zelda. but consciously as child? Probably either Super Metroid or Contra 3. Contra 3 especially gave me tons of fun. cousins coming over and just having a blast and never finishing the game
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Going to attempt what Moony did for each system (apart from Atari as I already stated why), but I think I'm going to remember wrong anyway. XD

PS1: Tekken...I think
PS2: Crash Bandicoot: Wrath of Cortex or Tekken Tag Tournament
PS3: Resistance: Fall Of Man
PS4: Uncharted 4: A Theif's End
N64 (Vitrual Console): Paper Mario
GBA: Bomberman Tournament, Super Mario Advance, Rayman Advance, Sonic Advance....hard to remember this one.
GC: Super Smash Bros. Melee
DS: Mario Kart DS
Wii: Wii Sports or Call Of Duty 3.....not sure if I got CoD3 at launch though. Possibly Rayman Raving Rabbids too.
3DS: Mario Kart 7
PC: ...an arcade game, had a bunch on the computer I first used. No longer have them. For a game I bought, Atomic Bomberman most likely.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Going to attempt what Moony did for each system (apart from Atari as I already stated why), but I think I'm going to remember wrong anyway. XD

PS1: Tekken...I think
PS2: Crash Bandicoot: Wrath of Cortex or Tekken Tag Tournament
PS3: Resistance: Fall Of Man
PS4: Uncharted 4: A Theif's End
N64 (Vitrual Console): Paper Mario
GBA: Bomberman Tournament, Super Mario Advance, Rayman Advance, Sonic Advance....hard to remember this one.
GC: Super Smash Bros. Melee
DS: Mario Kart DS
Wii: Wii Sports or Call Of Duty 3.....not sure if I got CoD3 at launch though. Possibly Rayman Raving Rabbids too.
3DS: Mario Kart 7
PC: ...an arcade game, had a bunch on the computer I first used. No longer have them. For a game I bought, Atomic Bomberman most likely.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do You View Smash Bros. as a Party Game or a Fighting Game? Moonface 5 729 Aug 2nd, 2023, 03:38 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Game creator Content ID'd on his own game Maniakkid25 4 4,846 Dec 7th, 2019, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Moonface