What Grinds Your Gears?
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,671
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I'm sure we've all seen something that's gotten under our skin since this whole coronavirus thing started (looking at you, protestors), so what stuff grinds your gears?

A big one for me that only started when I began driving is anyone who drives below speed limit. If we're in a 45, be doing close to it; do not do 35 or under. And if you are keeping the speed limit, for fuck sake do not ever do it in the fast lane on the highway. Throwing down 80mph only to come up on someone pulling 65 and unable to get around them because they're matching speed with the other lanes is a huge test of my patience.
Also, driving while using a phone. You do not need to endanger people for a text and if it is that important, pull over. Bonus dickhead points if you're using it because you don't know where you're going and so you're not only swerving everywhere, you're going slow and can't seem to make a decision. That shit gets a honk from me the second it happens because it is so incredibly dangerous to be doing.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,671 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I'm sure we've all seen something that's gotten under our skin since this whole coronavirus thing started (looking at you, protestors), so what stuff grinds your gears?

A big one for me that only started when I began driving is anyone who drives below speed limit. If we're in a 45, be doing close to it; do not do 35 or under. And if you are keeping the speed limit, for fuck sake do not ever do it in the fast lane on the highway. Throwing down 80mph only to come up on someone pulling 65 and unable to get around them because they're matching speed with the other lanes is a huge test of my patience.
Also, driving while using a phone. You do not need to endanger people for a text and if it is that important, pull over. Bonus dickhead points if you're using it because you don't know where you're going and so you're not only swerving everywhere, you're going slow and can't seem to make a decision. That shit gets a honk from me the second it happens because it is so incredibly dangerous to be doing.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I can imagine seeing people on their phones whilst driving when I'm finally on the road will get me riled up. When I was practising a few years ago I was too busy concentrating so too focused on what I was doing to care.

Right now what annoys me is the absolute moronic ideas my company decides to make. This time they've come up with as soon as we come in at 6am we are to check what needs to go out then drag new stock out. Even though nights would have just finished, but at this time there are home shoppers already in taking items. As we're using a system which has us record what is in warehouse, we are to leave old stock until we have recorded what's left of the new, which has to wait until we have the system guns that aren't allowed until 8AM because of home shoppers needing them. After we're done dragging what we can out the warehouse will need racking away, rotated to have old stock towards the front, then remember what was new to record that into the system. Depending on amount of stock, which has been a lot everyday since Monday when we started this method takes us to after 10AM, 2 hours longer than how we used to do it, where we can work normally at 8AM or earlier if there wasn't as much. Coupled with the already shit system's new update of "binning" in which tells us something can be put out while we're recording warehouse stock, yet it doesn't take into account I'm trying to put 10 trays that can only fit 3 on the shopfloor in there, and it should know because the shopfloor count is way higher than the maxshelf due to me not having recorded yet! Plus more irritating bullshit the electronic system likes to do. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I can imagine seeing people on their phones whilst driving when I'm finally on the road will get me riled up. When I was practising a few years ago I was too busy concentrating so too focused on what I was doing to care.

Right now what annoys me is the absolute moronic ideas my company decides to make. This time they've come up with as soon as we come in at 6am we are to check what needs to go out then drag new stock out. Even though nights would have just finished, but at this time there are home shoppers already in taking items. As we're using a system which has us record what is in warehouse, we are to leave old stock until we have recorded what's left of the new, which has to wait until we have the system guns that aren't allowed until 8AM because of home shoppers needing them. After we're done dragging what we can out the warehouse will need racking away, rotated to have old stock towards the front, then remember what was new to record that into the system. Depending on amount of stock, which has been a lot everyday since Monday when we started this method takes us to after 10AM, 2 hours longer than how we used to do it, where we can work normally at 8AM or earlier if there wasn't as much. Coupled with the already shit system's new update of "binning" in which tells us something can be put out while we're recording warehouse stock, yet it doesn't take into account I'm trying to put 10 trays that can only fit 3 on the shopfloor in there, and it should know because the shopfloor count is way higher than the maxshelf due to me not having recorded yet! Plus more irritating bullshit the electronic system likes to do. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
That reminds me of how my store likes us to do counts every day. Except they must be done before 10am, and they expect an accurate count. Doesn't sound bad right? Except that you may have a delivery waiting to be worked, and so now your count has to include the sales floor, the back room shelving, and the unworked delivery. If the delivery is 100% untouched, you can just log in to a secondary system, see how much came in, and add that to your counts for the floor and back. Oh, and by secondary system, I mean we have one program for counting, one program for checking stock counts, and another program for max shelves, all with their own logins, so that slows it right down. Back on track, you often find the delivery has been worked to some degree, or you may not get the ability to do counts until after you've started working on the delivery, so now you don't know what got worked to the floor so checking the last delivery date is useless. Is the item on the floor, or is it still in my truck? No idea, so now you either risk a count being too low, too high, or you make the right guess and get a correct count.

If counts aren't done on a particular day, they get moved to the next day. I once came in to 4 pages of counts and there are 30 per page. I just zeroed it all out and tipped it bollocks.

Oh and that lovely max backroom stock feature you have EL? That doesn't exist here, so you get to either drag everything out, guess what you need, or make a list of every fucking item on the floor that needs filling and then look for it.

Biggest pet peeve though is customer service telling customers to come in BEFORE trucks turn up for items those trucks will have. I've had so many people come in at 8am for a dairy product because they were told to come back in the morning, yet that truck is a late afternoon one so really you shouldn't be coming in until like 6pm or even the following day.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
That reminds me of how my store likes us to do counts every day. Except they must be done before 10am, and they expect an accurate count. Doesn't sound bad right? Except that you may have a delivery waiting to be worked, and so now your count has to include the sales floor, the back room shelving, and the unworked delivery. If the delivery is 100% untouched, you can just log in to a secondary system, see how much came in, and add that to your counts for the floor and back. Oh, and by secondary system, I mean we have one program for counting, one program for checking stock counts, and another program for max shelves, all with their own logins, so that slows it right down. Back on track, you often find the delivery has been worked to some degree, or you may not get the ability to do counts until after you've started working on the delivery, so now you don't know what got worked to the floor so checking the last delivery date is useless. Is the item on the floor, or is it still in my truck? No idea, so now you either risk a count being too low, too high, or you make the right guess and get a correct count.

If counts aren't done on a particular day, they get moved to the next day. I once came in to 4 pages of counts and there are 30 per page. I just zeroed it all out and tipped it bollocks.

Oh and that lovely max backroom stock feature you have EL? That doesn't exist here, so you get to either drag everything out, guess what you need, or make a list of every fucking item on the floor that needs filling and then look for it.

Biggest pet peeve though is customer service telling customers to come in BEFORE trucks turn up for items those trucks will have. I've had so many people come in at 8am for a dairy product because they were told to come back in the morning, yet that truck is a late afternoon one so really you shouldn't be coming in until like 6pm or even the following day.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Since it's in the news, something that grinds my gears is how the news can't just call a spade a spade. I've seen video games once again blamed for a shooting, which is a stupid scapegoat argument anyway but more so when this particular shooter literally wrote a manifesto saying exactly why he did it. I wouldn't be so bothered if it wasn't for the fact that there are going to be people who believe the reasons pushed by the news that ignore that manifesto because I could just view such outlets as the village idiot no one listens to, but nowadays the village idiots have the ability to communicate with each other from their respective villages of idiocy. Errm

Accountability in general seems lacking these days though. I feel like seeing the finger pointed at the correct people and reasons is a rarity now more than ever because that doesn't generate the outrage and social media clicks that companies want. Meh

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Since it's in the news, something that grinds my gears is how the news can't just call a spade a spade. I've seen video games once again blamed for a shooting, which is a stupid scapegoat argument anyway but more so when this particular shooter literally wrote a manifesto saying exactly why he did it. I wouldn't be so bothered if it wasn't for the fact that there are going to be people who believe the reasons pushed by the news that ignore that manifesto because I could just view such outlets as the village idiot no one listens to, but nowadays the village idiots have the ability to communicate with each other from their respective villages of idiocy. Errm

Accountability in general seems lacking these days though. I feel like seeing the finger pointed at the correct people and reasons is a rarity now more than ever because that doesn't generate the outrage and social media clicks that companies want. Meh
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
What grinds my gears in the year 2022 the most is the fact that 99.9% of people don't want to hear what anyone else has to truly say. They have their opinions and that's about it. What happened to actual communication? I guess it died in the mid 2000's when the internet became what it is today; an echo chamber.
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
What grinds my gears in the year 2022 the most is the fact that 99.9% of people don't want to hear what anyone else has to truly say. They have their opinions and that's about it. What happened to actual communication? I guess it died in the mid 2000's when the internet became what it is today; an echo chamber.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Windows Updates.

I swear they always download at the absolute worst possible times, and take a ridiculous amount of time to actually download and install themselves.
Better yet, I told my computer to pause Windows Updates for 7 days and it just decides nah, despite telling you they're paused we're gonna do them anyway. I miss when Windows Update used to tell you there were new updates available and let you initiate the download instead of this shit Windows 10 introduced. Hmph

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Windows Updates.

I swear they always download at the absolute worst possible times, and take a ridiculous amount of time to actually download and install themselves.
Better yet, I told my computer to pause Windows Updates for 7 days and it just decides nah, despite telling you they're paused we're gonna do them anyway. I miss when Windows Update used to tell you there were new updates available and let you initiate the download instead of this shit Windows 10 introduced. Hmph
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
People with "Main Character Syndrome", where they feel the need to insert themselves and their perceived likeability into every chance they get like they're the main character in this life to everyone. I suppose you could call this narcissism, but I digress. Encountering these kinds of folk is... it sure is grating, and I dislike having to pretend for them in social situations.

I tend to have more things that oil my gears lately, which I suppose can be a good thing all things considered.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
People with "Main Character Syndrome", where they feel the need to insert themselves and their perceived likeability into every chance they get like they're the main character in this life to everyone. I suppose you could call this narcissism, but I digress. Encountering these kinds of folk is... it sure is grating, and I dislike having to pretend for them in social situations.

I tend to have more things that oil my gears lately, which I suppose can be a good thing all things considered.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What Oils Your Gears? Moonface 8 1,584 Jul 13th, 2022, 02:40 AM
Last Post: WR91