Controller Batteries
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I've been using my PS4 a lot the past couple of weeks, and I noticed that every single one of my controllers will die within 8 hours, which is complete shit if you ask me, and I'm glad I have more than one controller because otherwise I'd be forced to sit next to my TV so the charging cable can reach or stop playing to wait for my controller to recharge. Thinking about that made me warm up to the idea of how Xbox and Wii have changeable batteries, since at least then if you have one controller you can just put a new battery in and continue playing as you already were. Plus I guess it would avoid the issue of a controller battery deteriorating over time and holding less charge.

What's everyone else's views and experiences on controller batteries?
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I've been using my PS4 a lot the past couple of weeks, and I noticed that every single one of my controllers will die within 8 hours, which is complete shit if you ask me, and I'm glad I have more than one controller because otherwise I'd be forced to sit next to my TV so the charging cable can reach or stop playing to wait for my controller to recharge. Thinking about that made me warm up to the idea of how Xbox and Wii have changeable batteries, since at least then if you have one controller you can just put a new battery in and continue playing as you already were. Plus I guess it would avoid the issue of a controller battery deteriorating over time and holding less charge.

What's everyone else's views and experiences on controller batteries?
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
As my "set up" for gaming is close to where I sit, I'm not really bothered by battery life for controllers. Only use one at the moment for my Switch when I have three other means, PS4 I have three controllers but one doesn't work anymore. PS3 I have 3, one doesn't work, one is next to useless. Wii I have two Wii Remotes, both I believe are still good plus the Wheel, Nunchuk and Classic Controller. For the actual battery life I haven't noticed much personally. I do sometimes play wireless but haven't noted the hours they take to require charging yet. 8 hours does seem low though.

If I did more at distance and a decent sized TV to do so, I would've noticed by now. Hm.

Wish I was using my PS4 more since I have the console on a controller charging stand. Also this has me wondering if I took the AA batteries out of my two controllers when I packed my Wii away. They may have expired and leeked if I didn't. D=
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
As my "set up" for gaming is close to where I sit, I'm not really bothered by battery life for controllers. Only use one at the moment for my Switch when I have three other means, PS4 I have three controllers but one doesn't work anymore. PS3 I have 3, one doesn't work, one is next to useless. Wii I have two Wii Remotes, both I believe are still good plus the Wheel, Nunchuk and Classic Controller. For the actual battery life I haven't noticed much personally. I do sometimes play wireless but haven't noted the hours they take to require charging yet. 8 hours does seem low though.

If I did more at distance and a decent sized TV to do so, I would've noticed by now. Hm.

Wish I was using my PS4 more since I have the console on a controller charging stand. Also this has me wondering if I took the AA batteries out of my two controllers when I packed my Wii away. They may have expired and leeked if I didn't. D=
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I have something like 12 PS4 controllers now, so the battery life doesn't bother me at all. I'd also much rather deal with a short battery life than having to spend money on batteries for my controller.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I have something like 12 PS4 controllers now, so the battery life doesn't bother me at all. I'd also much rather deal with a short battery life than having to spend money on batteries for my controller.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Project Leonardo: PlayStation's new controller for players with disabilities aerodynamik 7 4,513 Jan 15th, 2023, 10:20 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  What’s the “Correct” Way to Hold an N64 Controller? Moonface 8 1,507 Oct 1st, 2022, 10:56 PM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Controller Shortages Incoming? Moonface 3 948 Jun 22nd, 2022, 04:51 PM
Last Post: Moonface