A.M.A.A. - Ask Moonface Anything, Again
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,529
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Sep 6th, 2022, 12:04 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
What's the first thing you'd want to do when you visit your hometown again? Smile
As silly as it sounds, probably going over to Asda to see who I can find there to say hi to and just to see what it's like since I worked there. To be fair I'd say that store is really the main hub of the entire town where most people will bump into each other so I guess it isn't that bad of a choice when I look at it that way. XD
There's also not exactly a lot of things to go and see in my hometown either...  Sweat
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,529 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Sep 6th, 2022, 12:04 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
What's the first thing you'd want to do when you visit your hometown again? Smile
As silly as it sounds, probably going over to Asda to see who I can find there to say hi to and just to see what it's like since I worked there. To be fair I'd say that store is really the main hub of the entire town where most people will bump into each other so I guess it isn't that bad of a choice when I look at it that way. XD
There's also not exactly a lot of things to go and see in my hometown either...  Sweat
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,110
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Haha yeah, seeing how it is now. Better to see the place in-person as the photos I took for you that one time hasn't changed much and that doesn't give the real feel. As for the people, colleague-wise barring myself and my sister there's around 6 or 7 left that still work for the store that should know who you are and some people who left occasionally shop there still, so if you're lucky you might see one of those not working there. I could be missing some people though. Yeah it's that low, and yeah that number's for right now, who knows if any more of them throws in the towel before you do get to visit.
Yay our town, with nothing in it. Couldn't tell you about anything new brought apart from that Escape Room that I've...not checked out yet. Darn it. XD
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,110 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Haha yeah, seeing how it is now. Better to see the place in-person as the photos I took for you that one time hasn't changed much and that doesn't give the real feel. As for the people, colleague-wise barring myself and my sister there's around 6 or 7 left that still work for the store that should know who you are and some people who left occasionally shop there still, so if you're lucky you might see one of those not working there. I could be missing some people though. Yeah it's that low, and yeah that number's for right now, who knows if any more of them throws in the towel before you do get to visit.
Yay our town, with nothing in it. Couldn't tell you about anything new brought apart from that Escape Room that I've...not checked out yet. Darn it. XD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Mr EliteL: Depends on whether you're just counting people on the sales floor, since there are a few people on cashiering who I knew and tend to ask my mum about how I'm doing. I expect there's probably zero management or team leader positions that hold anyone I know, since most likely got moved to other stores or just left the company outright.
And yeah, I don't doubt that little has changed overall with the town itself. The only major thing I know that happened since I left was the Sainsbury's plaza being built on the edge of town which was in the planning stages when I still lived there, but I can't say I'm dying to go and see that. Rolleyes

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Mr EliteL: Depends on whether you're just counting people on the sales floor, since there are a few people on cashiering who I knew and tend to ask my mum about how I'm doing. I expect there's probably zero management or team leader positions that hold anyone I know, since most likely got moved to other stores or just left the company outright.
And yeah, I don't doubt that little has changed overall with the town itself. The only major thing I know that happened since I left was the Sainsbury's plaza being built on the edge of town which was in the planning stages when I still lived there, but I can't say I'm dying to go and see that. Rolleyes
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Ah yes the cashiers, yeah I forgot about them. XD Was the M&S petrol station and KFC there too when you were here? I could walk down there but don't. I need to someday.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Ah yes the cashiers, yeah I forgot about them. XD Was the M&S petrol station and KFC there too when you were here? I could walk down there but don't. I need to someday.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 11th, 2022, 11:19 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Was the M&S petrol station and KFC there too when you were here? I could walk down there but don't. I need to someday.
No, I don't even recall it being under construction while I still lived there.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 11th, 2022, 11:19 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Was the M&S petrol station and KFC there too when you were here? I could walk down there but don't. I need to someday.
No, I don't even recall it being under construction while I still lived there.
Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 4,345
Metroid Mario Kart Super Mario Bros. 
(Aug 3rd, 2022, 10:37 PM)Moonface Wrote:
(Aug 1st, 2022, 12:17 AM)Karo Wrote:
Also what would you say is your current top 3 games of all time and why? This might actually have a thread on it, but it been a while so I figured I'd ask you. vuv
Taking a quick look it doesn't seem we have a thread about everyone's favourite games of all time. Gasp

Hmm.... this is going to be hard to narrow down. XD

1. LittleBigPlanet 2 - Quite possibly my most beloved game of all time. It's still the only game that has a trailer I can get emotional over, and it was just such a special game that I don't think will ever be seen again in gaming. By that, I mean although there may be others similar to it like LBP3, Mario Maker, Dreams, etc. they just don't capture that seem feeling that game does. It's the highest point of the community created content genre for me.
Ugh, I've sat here for like.....20 minutes trying to even begin picking two other games but I can't decide what to go with yet. I'll just share the one I have because I know that won't change, and I'll try and figure out what the other two are while you or anyone else potentially ask more questions. Whistle

You've had a month to ponder it over. What would your second favorite be? Also props for LBP2. It's the first Collector's Edition game I ever purchased.
[Image: wrdxyKE.png]

Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 4,345 Metroid Mario Kart Super Mario Bros. 
Also what would you say is your current top 3 games of all time and why? This might actually have a thread on it, but it been a while so I figured I'd ask you. vuv
Taking a quick look it doesn't seem we have a thread about everyone's favourite games of all time. Gasp

1. LittleBigPlanet 2 - Quite possibly my most beloved game of all time. It's still the only game that has a trailer I can get emotional over, and it was just such a special game that I don't think will ever be seen again in gaming. By that, I mean although there may be others similar to it like LBP3, Mario Maker, Dreams, etc. they just don't capture that seem feeling that game does. It's the highest point of the community created content genre for me.
Ugh, I've sat here for like.....20 minutes trying to even begin picking two other games but I can't decide what to go with yet. I'll just share the one I have because I know that won't change, and I'll try and figure out what the other two are while you or anyone else potentially ask more questions. Whistle

You've had a month to ponder it over. What would your second favorite be? Also props for LBP2. It's the first Collector's Edition game I ever purchased.
Path Light Offline
Newcomer
Currently Playing
Ice Age World, Yugioh Duel Links and Monster Legends
XP: 2,155
Tekken 
What game you played is the best?
I like to watch Dino Squad, Street Sharks, Sabrina's Secret Life, Extreme Dinosaurs, Sonic Underground, Transformers Prime, Power Rangers, Yugioh, Phineas and Ferb, Digimon, Cardfight Vanguard, Land Before Time (14 Films and TV Series) and I like to play Zuma Deluxe
Path Light Offline
Newcomer
Currently Playing
Ice Age World, Yugioh Duel Links and Monster Legends
XP: 2,155 Tekken 
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,211
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Hey, so what do you think is the greatest game you've ever played?

ROFL
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,211 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 

ROFL
Nebulous Offline
Hakuna Matata
XP: 2,847
What’s your favorite thing about Florida?
Nebulous Offline
Hakuna Matata
XP: 2,847
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 12th, 2022, 12:35 AM)Frank Wrote:

Hmm. Man it's tough, but for the other two as a shot in the dark I'd say possibly Ape Escape and God of War (PS4). It's tough because there are some games I adore like BotW, but I also know it has a lot of shortcomings so objectively it can't really rank higher than those other two games as an overall package. TLoU is another where I think the story is superb, but the gameplay itself doesn't really hold up too well.

(Sep 14th, 2022, 04:42 PM)Path Light Wrote:
(Sep 19th, 2022, 01:38 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Hmm. I know I have that list of three above, but those aren't necessarily the best/greatest games ever made so although initially I saw these questions as just duplicates of the above, I guess I can try to think of a more objective answer for these ones. This one actually feels harder to answer than the other question because I'm not putting any personal bias into it where possible. Check back in a month. ROFL

(Sep 22nd, 2022, 03:55 AM)Nebulous Wrote:
That when it rains it doesn't feel as miserable as it does in the UK because it either passes quickly, or the temperature at least stays warm so if you're caught out in the rain and get wet you don't end up freezing cold. Plus if the sun comes out after you can dry out and warm up pretty quickly. Tongue

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 12th, 2022, 12:35 AM)Frank Wrote:

Hmm. Man it's tough, but for the other two as a shot in the dark I'd say possibly Ape Escape and God of War (PS4). It's tough because there are some games I adore like BotW, but I also know it has a lot of shortcomings so objectively it can't really rank higher than those other two games as an overall package. TLoU is another where I think the story is superb, but the gameplay itself doesn't really hold up too well.

(Sep 14th, 2022, 04:42 PM)Path Light Wrote:
(Sep 19th, 2022, 01:38 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Hmm. I know I have that list of three above, but those aren't necessarily the best/greatest games ever made so although initially I saw these questions as just duplicates of the above, I guess I can try to think of a more objective answer for these ones. This one actually feels harder to answer than the other question because I'm not putting any personal bias into it where possible. Check back in a month. ROFL

(Sep 22nd, 2022, 03:55 AM)Nebulous Wrote:
That when it rains it doesn't feel as miserable as it does in the UK because it either passes quickly, or the temperature at least stays warm so if you're caught out in the rain and get wet you don't end up freezing cold. Plus if the sun comes out after you can dry out and warm up pretty quickly. Tongue
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
(Sep 22nd, 2022, 06:31 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Haha, that's probably my answer to "What do you miss about Florida/US?".  Another thing is if I were inside, I'd probably get the temptation to run outside in the rain, that's how much better the rain is there. XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
(Sep 22nd, 2022, 06:31 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Haha, that's probably my answer to "What do you miss about Florida/US?".  Another thing is if I were inside, I'd probably get the temptation to run outside in the rain, that's how much better the rain is there. XD
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Compared to other states you've visited, what's something about Florida you dislike in comparison?
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Compared to other states you've visited, what's something about Florida you dislike in comparison?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 24th, 2022, 08:59 PM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
The terrain. It's all rather flat and only seems to be really appealing to look at when you're somewhere that's got expensive houses so all the landscaping in the area has been done. Whereas other states I feel like there's always something interesting going on with the scenery, like when we went to GDQ.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 24th, 2022, 08:59 PM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
The terrain. It's all rather flat and only seems to be really appealing to look at when you're somewhere that's got expensive houses so all the landscaping in the area has been done. Whereas other states I feel like there's always something interesting going on with the scenery, like when we went to GDQ.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Now for the real question: out of all the states you've visited, what's the best one? Hmm
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Now for the real question: out of all the states you've visited, what's the best one? Hmm
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 25th, 2022, 06:02 PM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
In terms of overall appearance and weather, probably Minnesota. New York was neat but I would never want to deal with that rat race all the time, and Alabama from the little memory I have of it seems like a lesser Minnesota. Wherever PAX was was neat too but I think the food there was awfully lacking for how much of an urban area we were in.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 25th, 2022, 06:02 PM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
In terms of overall appearance and weather, probably Minnesota. New York was neat but I would never want to deal with that rat race all the time, and Alabama from the little memory I have of it seems like a lesser Minnesota. Wherever PAX was was neat too but I think the food there was awfully lacking for how much of an urban area we were in.