o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PS4 and 3DS and Vita and Switch!
XP: 1,413
Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
(Jun 4th, 2021, 07:31 PM)Moonface Wrote:
That and it would look really bad on Sony if they kicked Cyberpunk off their store for not working very well (although it was more due to CDPR putting the refund ball into Sony's court without even asking for permission) to then release a first party game that also doesn't work well.

Apparently the climbing is a lot less restrictive this time around too. Another interview (or maybe it was the same one as the other stuff) said the climbing is more free, so I'm hoping that means something similar to Assassin's Creed where if something is a climbable surface it doesn't require exact handholds to do it. Also let Aloy grab ledge edges regardless of markings, because it irked me so much in ZD when she wouldn't scale something that was shoulder height just because it lacked a handhold.

I'm concerned because get focus showed climbable places so I still think it's kinda restrictive. nothing like BotW where your can basically climb anything. Maybe there's going to be more handholds? not sure what they're idea of freeing is when even their trailer showed holds for climbing being pointed out
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PS4 and 3DS and Vita and Switch!
Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
XP: 1,413
(Jun 4th, 2021, 07:31 PM)Moonface Wrote:
That and it would look really bad on Sony if they kicked Cyberpunk off their store for not working very well (although it was more due to CDPR putting the refund ball into Sony's court without even asking for permission) to then release a first party game that also doesn't work well.

Apparently the climbing is a lot less restrictive this time around too. Another interview (or maybe it was the same one as the other stuff) said the climbing is more free, so I'm hoping that means something similar to Assassin's Creed where if something is a climbable surface it doesn't require exact handholds to do it. Also let Aloy grab ledge edges regardless of markings, because it irked me so much in ZD when she wouldn't scale something that was shoulder height just because it lacked a handhold.

I'm concerned because get focus showed climbable places so I still think it's kinda restrictive. nothing like BotW where your can basically climb anything. Maybe there's going to be more handholds? not sure what they're idea of freeing is when even their trailer showed holds for climbing being pointed out
Moonface Offline
One day I'll make my new sig and avy...
Administrators
Currently Playing
Binding of Isaac (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
XP: 8,231
Crash Bandicoot LittleBigPlanet Spyro The Dragon 
I've seen a comment that pointed that out, and someone else replied to it saying maybe they just show handholds to let the player know what's climbable without just highlighting an entire wall.

For me I just want every surface that should be climbable to be so, and not like ZD where an entire ledge would have a single spot to climb.
[Image: tumblr_picdhxmZg01r1fejho5_540.gif]
IN THE SUN, SLEEPING LIKE A BUM.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Currently Playing
Binding of Isaac (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
I've seen a comment that pointed that out, and someone else replied to it saying maybe they just show handholds to let the player know what's climbable without just highlighting an entire wall.

For me I just want every surface that should be climbable to be so, and not like ZD where an entire ledge would have a single spot to climb.
Moonface Offline
Administrators
Currently Playing
Binding of Isaac (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Journey into the Forbidden West on February 18, 2022
Sony has confirmed that Horizon Forbidden West will be launching on February 18, 2022 for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5, with pre-orders for the game starting on September 2, 2021. Source

If you can't bear to wait until then for Aloy's next adventure, you can always return to Zero Dawn to enjoy the free 60fps performance patch that has gone live today.

I bet the pre-orders aren't opening until a month from now because there's going to be special editions announced later this week. Not shocked about the delay since there were rumours of it being a 2022 release, although now I'm trying to think of what Sony has coming out for the Holiday season. Hmm

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Currently Playing
Binding of Isaac (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Journey into the Forbidden West on February 18, 2022
Sony has confirmed that Horizon Forbidden West will be launching on February 18, 2022 for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5, with pre-orders for the game starting on September 2, 2021. Source

If you can't bear to wait until then for Aloy's next adventure, you can always return to Zero Dawn to enjoy the free 60fps performance patch that has gone live today.

I bet the pre-orders aren't opening until a month from now because there's going to be special editions announced later this week. Not shocked about the delay since there were rumours of it being a 2022 release, although now I'm trying to think of what Sony has coming out for the Holiday season. Hmm
ShiraNoMai Online
Beeg Sadge
Moderators
Currently Playing
Halo: Combat Evolved (Anniversary) | Pokémon Crystal
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
XP: 6,602
Rayman (Shiny) Super Mario Bros. (Shiny) Pokémon (Shiny) 
I enjoy how it's coming out around the same time it came out in its predecessor (February 28th, 2017), even if it was completely unintentional. ROFL

Looking forward to them keeping to this date and being able to actually see it in real time being played! Grin
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Online
Beeg Sadge
Currently Playing
Halo: Combat Evolved (Anniversary) | Pokémon Crystal
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Rayman (Shiny) Super Mario Bros. (Shiny) Pokémon (Shiny) 
XP: 6,602
I enjoy how it's coming out around the same time it came out in its predecessor (February 28th, 2017), even if it was completely unintentional. ROFL

Looking forward to them keeping to this date and being able to actually see it in real time being played! Grin
Moonface Offline
Administrators
Currently Playing
Binding of Isaac (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
So I forgot to post about the different editions being announced a few days ago, and that only the most expensive editions would include a free upgrade from PS4 to PS5. Since that initial announcement though, Sony have been getting slammed so hard about the upgrade that they have now reversed their decision to lock the upgrade behind a huge paywall: https://blog.playstation.com/2021/09/04/...s-detailed

The link also contains the original announcement and the details of the different editions.

Glad to see they changed their tune on this though. If anything, just make upgrades $10 for the price difference on regular editions and have it bundled in free on the really expensive ones, instead of making people double dip if they want the upgrade.

Moonface Offline
Currently Playing
Binding of Isaac (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
So I forgot to post about the different editions being announced a few days ago, and that only the most expensive editions would include a free upgrade from PS4 to PS5. Since that initial announcement though, Sony have been getting slammed so hard about the upgrade that they have now reversed their decision to lock the upgrade behind a huge paywall: https://blog.playstation.com/2021/09/04/...s-detailed

The link also contains the original announcement and the details of the different editions.

Glad to see they changed their tune on this though. If anything, just make upgrades $10 for the price difference on regular editions and have it bundled in free on the really expensive ones, instead of making people double dip if they want the upgrade.