Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,150
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 

I was really hoping for this one when word got out that Insomniac had something other than Spider-Man in the works, and I am so happy not to only see it is actually another Ratchet & Clank but that it's not following on from the reboot! I love how it references so many of the past games as part of the story and I can't wait to see old environments redone on PS5! I don't think it's in the trailer above but the gameplay footage was sick! Wow
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,150 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 

I was really hoping for this one when word got out that Insomniac had something other than Spider-Man in the works, and I am so happy not to only see it is actually another Ratchet & Clank but that it's not following on from the reboot! I love how it references so many of the past games as part of the story and I can't wait to see old environments redone on PS5! I don't think it's in the trailer above but the gameplay footage was sick! Wow
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I know I haven't properly any game in the Ratchet & Clank series, but I did enjoy what I saw for this in the PS5 event. Forgot about the reboot and thought it was just a new game in general and not whatever the reboot had, so I'm glad it pleases you in that way. XD The gameplay did look great, quick and has you on the ball as you can traverse in battle but also rifts can have you move to a completely different location to where you were, or something else can come out of them and attack you (or others!).
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I know I haven't properly any game in the Ratchet & Clank series, but I did enjoy what I saw for this in the PS5 event. Forgot about the reboot and thought it was just a new game in general and not whatever the reboot had, so I'm glad it pleases you in that way. XD The gameplay did look great, quick and has you on the ball as you can traverse in battle but also rifts can have you move to a completely different location to where you were, or something else can come out of them and attack you (or others!).
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The demo shown at the Future of Gaming showcase when this thread was first made is going to be shown in full on Thursday with no cuts at Gamescom Opening Night Live. Really looking forward to it! Grin

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The demo shown at the Future of Gaming showcase when this thread was first made is going to be shown in full on Thursday with no cuts at Gamescom Opening Night Live. Really looking forward to it! Grin
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 

Here's the demo, showcasing a few weapons and the UI.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 

Here's the demo, showcasing a few weapons and the UI.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I wonder if this is the opening level. It's very scripted and reminds me of how Tools of Destruction opened, and I really don't want the whole game to be as linear as this one is. Plus it also comes off as being early just because it sets up the main premise of the game, and levels before it would lack that so there wouldn't be many if any of those.

I'm just thrilled it carries on after the PS3 quadrilogy instead of the movie reboot. They should really bring those games to PS4 or PS5 so people can catch up and appreciate more of the references. I did look into using PS Now but it lacks ToD, presumably because the game utilises Sixaxis which PS4 and PC doesn't have, so those sections won't work.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I wonder if this is the opening level. It's very scripted and reminds me of how Tools of Destruction opened, and I really don't want the whole game to be as linear as this one is. Plus it also comes off as being early just because it sets up the main premise of the game, and levels before it would lack that so there wouldn't be many if any of those.

I'm just thrilled it carries on after the PS3 quadrilogy instead of the movie reboot. They should really bring those games to PS4 or PS5 so people can catch up and appreciate more of the references. I did look into using PS Now but it lacks ToD, presumably because the game utilises Sixaxis which PS4 and PC doesn't have, so those sections won't work.
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
Ratchet & Clank wasn't really a series I was into or even played until the reboot on the PS4. But whenever this comes out and I have a PS5, this'll be a pickup for sure.
WR91 Offline
Casual
Ratchet & Clank wasn't really a series I was into or even played until the reboot on the PS4. But whenever this comes out and I have a PS5, this'll be a pickup for sure.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart Arrives on PS5 on June 11
Insomniac Games have announced that Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart will launch on June 11, 2021 exclusively for PlayStation 5, as well as various special editions for the game.

Digital Standard Edition ($69.99) - Image
  • Carbonox Armour from Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando (early unlock)
  • Pixelizer weapon (early unlock)
Digital Deluxe Edition ($79.99) - Image
  • All the content of the Digital Standard Edition
  • Five additional armour sets
  • 20 Raritanium (used for in-game weapon upgrades)
  • Photo mode sticker pack
  • Digital soundtrack
  • Digital artbook
Physical Launch Edition ($69.99) - Image

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart Arrives on PS5 on June 11
Insomniac Games have announced that Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart will launch on June 11, 2021 exclusively for PlayStation 5, as well as various special editions for the game.

Digital Standard Edition ($69.99) - Image
Digital Deluxe Edition ($79.99) - Image
  • All the content of the Digital Standard Edition
  • Five additional armour sets
  • 20 Raritanium (used for in-game weapon upgrades)
  • Photo mode sticker pack
  • Digital soundtrack
  • Digital artbook
Physical Launch Edition ($69.99) - Image
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
God the box and key art for this game are so cool. I'm still quite baffled by the idea of no physical special editions but I'm wondering if COVID has any play in that? Then again, the companies my company contracts out to to make our merch hasn't been giving us any issue so -shrug-
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
God the box and key art for this game are so cool. I'm still quite baffled by the idea of no physical special editions but I'm wondering if COVID has any play in that? Then again, the companies my company contracts out to to make our merch hasn't been giving us any issue so -shrug-
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I don't think this series has ever had a notable physical special edition, so not seeing one for this isn't out of the ordinary. Given that only one of the digital editions has everything in it though makes me think Sony is trying to encourage digital purchases, because there's no reason to lock codes out of physical copies.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I don't think this series has ever had a notable physical special edition, so not seeing one for this isn't out of the ordinary. Given that only one of the digital editions has everything in it though makes me think Sony is trying to encourage digital purchases, because there's no reason to lock codes out of physical copies.
WR91 Offline
Casual
I still need to play through the remake on PS4 but it looks like it'll be a ton of fun.
WR91 Offline
Casual
I still need to play through the remake on PS4 but it looks like it'll be a ton of fun.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 16th, 2021, 07:55 PM)WrestleRacer91 Wrote:
You won't need to have played that game before this one since they're not related. Just incase you didn't know.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
You won't need to have played that game before this one since they're not related. Just incase you didn't know.
WR91 Offline
Casual
(Feb 16th, 2021, 08:04 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Oh I knew. I just want to get a true feel of the game from start to finish before I start up the new one.
WR91 Offline
Casual
(Feb 16th, 2021, 08:04 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Oh I knew. I just want to get a true feel of the game from start to finish before I start up the new one.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
The good thing about the reboot is that the game at least feels great to play. It's just a shame the story couldn't keep up because it was trying to base itself on the movie version of itself.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
The good thing about the reboot is that the game at least feels great to play. It's just a shame the story couldn't keep up because it was trying to base itself on the movie version of itself.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 23rd, 2021, 05:43 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
The core gameplay is one of the few things the reboot got correct and/or didn't sacrifice something from the games before it. I really hope this new game goes back to the older level designs where there are multiple paths to take right at the start of the level, instead of being the mostly linear affairs the last couple of games did. It was neat entering a level and wondering what way you're supposed to go and even wondering what you'll find on the routes that don't lead to the main objective.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 23rd, 2021, 05:43 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
The core gameplay is one of the few things the reboot got correct and/or didn't sacrifice something from the games before it. I really hope this new game goes back to the older level designs where there are multiple paths to take right at the start of the level, instead of being the mostly linear affairs the last couple of games did. It was neat entering a level and wondering what way you're supposed to go and even wondering what you'll find on the routes that don't lead to the main objective.
Metallix Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Dreams
XP: 2,440
So far the game looks really cool. I loved Into the Nexus which this game is the direct sequel to.
[Image: 2_24_05_19_10_25_51.png]
Metallix Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Dreams
XP: 2,440
So far the game looks really cool. I loved Into the Nexus which this game is the direct sequel to.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ratchet & Clank (Series) Moonface 7 7,577 Sep 28th, 2020, 09:32 PM
Last Post: WR91