What's Been Good About 2020?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
2020 has certainly been an eventful year, and the number of bad things that have happened so far has made a lot of people really dislike the year and wish all the bad things would go away already. But it can't have all been bad, right? Whether it's personal or something that doesn't have any effect on you, what has been good about 2020?
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
2020 has certainly been an eventful year, and the number of bad things that have happened so far has made a lot of people really dislike the year and wish all the bad things would go away already. But it can't have all been bad, right? Whether it's personal or something that doesn't have any effect on you, what has been good about 2020?
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Lots of good games have released this year. My long awaited wish for a Demon's Souls remake came true.

I've discovered some awesome vTubers this year, which has been extremely fun. Hololive expanding their reach into the west with their first generation of English vTubers has been an awesome thing to see as well.

Arknights has been an extremely high point of 2020 for me. The second anniversary stuff in Azur Lane has also been pretty wonderful, and all of the new content we're getting right now from the JP third-year anniversary is great.

So yeah, 2020 has overall been a pretty great year for me. The only thing that has really been a bummer this year was the delay to the Baseball season, which eventually led to the crappy shortened season we're stuck with.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Lots of good games have released this year. My long awaited wish for a Demon's Souls remake came true.

I've discovered some awesome vTubers this year, which has been extremely fun. Hololive expanding their reach into the west with their first generation of English vTubers has been an awesome thing to see as well.

Arknights has been an extremely high point of 2020 for me. The second anniversary stuff in Azur Lane has also been pretty wonderful, and all of the new content we're getting right now from the JP third-year anniversary is great.

So yeah, 2020 has overall been a pretty great year for me. The only thing that has really been a bummer this year was the delay to the Baseball season, which eventually led to the crappy shortened season we're stuck with.
Eric Offline
Marvel Nerd
Currently Playing
Spiderman (PS4), Assassin's Creed Origins (PS4), League of Legends (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 2,495
Megami Tensei* Portal 
I decided to go back to school last year and I think 2020 marks the first time since middle school where I've managed to get straight As. It's super sobering to know that I can achieve something and that hard work is capable coming from me...'course, it's still a long journey that yet needs so much more to walk.
Eric Offline
Marvel Nerd
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 2,495 Megami Tensei* Portal 
I decided to go back to school last year and I think 2020 marks the first time since middle school where I've managed to get straight As. It's super sobering to know that I can achieve something and that hard work is capable coming from me...'course, it's still a long journey that yet needs so much more to walk.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 22nd, 2020, 11:27 PM)Eric Wrote:
I decided to go back to school last year and I think 2020 marks the first time since middle school where I've managed to get straight As.  It's super sobering to know that I can achieve something and that hard work is capable coming from me...'course, it's still a long journey that yet needs so much more to walk.
I feel you on the going back after a long time and getting straight A's. I started my schooling again in 2018 and really worried about being too old or not being able to get things as easily as I used to. Turned out I'm better now than I used to be. XD

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 22nd, 2020, 11:27 PM)Eric Wrote:
I decided to go back to school last year and I think 2020 marks the first time since middle school where I've managed to get straight As.  It's super sobering to know that I can achieve something and that hard work is capable coming from me...'course, it's still a long journey that yet needs so much more to walk.
I feel you on the going back after a long time and getting straight A's. I started my schooling again in 2018 and really worried about being too old or not being able to get things as easily as I used to. Turned out I'm better now than I used to be. XD
Eric Offline
Marvel Nerd
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
Megami Tensei* Portal 
Yeah same here! I think what scared me most was standing out too much, but luckily I seem to pass as a teenager so 'late-twenties' is never anyone's first guess lol. With quarantine, that's not a problem anyway but it's still a bummer that I can't network as that was my favorite thing about going back to begin with. Discord channels for every class can only do so much before they all devolve into a empty room by the end of the semester.

What are you majoring in Moony?? I'm going for my Computer Science degree.
Eric Offline
Marvel Nerd
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
Yeah same here! I think what scared me most was standing out too much, but luckily I seem to pass as a teenager so 'late-twenties' is never anyone's first guess lol. With quarantine, that's not a problem anyway but it's still a bummer that I can't network as that was my favorite thing about going back to begin with. Discord channels for every class can only do so much before they all devolve into a empty room by the end of the semester.

What are you majoring in Moony?? I'm going for my Computer Science degree.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 23rd, 2020, 12:19 AM)Eric Wrote:
I think what scared me most was standing out too much, but luckily I seem to pass as a teenager so 'late-twenties' is never anyone's first guess lol.
Same here with the age thing. So many people don't believe me when I tell them I'm married and almost 30. ROFL

What are you majoring in Moony??  I'm going for my Computer Science degree.
Graphic design. I was meant to start my degree program for it this current semester but I don't want to do it online since I had to finish my prereqs that way and I didn't really enjoy it.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I think what scared me most was standing out too much, but luckily I seem to pass as a teenager so 'late-twenties' is never anyone's first guess lol.
Same here with the age thing. So many people don't believe me when I tell them I'm married and almost 30. ROFL

What are you majoring in Moony??  I'm going for my Computer Science degree.
Graphic design. I was meant to start my degree program for it this current semester but I don't want to do it online since I had to finish my prereqs that way and I didn't really enjoy it.
Eric Offline
Marvel Nerd
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
Megami Tensei* Portal 
I'm super jealous for your choice in majoring in graphic design! I wanted to do something similar in digital art for my major, but being in California just felt like a missed opportunity if I didn't at least try to make a go at Silicon Valley. Are you focusing on marketing or digital art?? Maybe we can work together in a project in the future lol.
Eric Offline
Marvel Nerd
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
I'm super jealous for your choice in majoring in graphic design! I wanted to do something similar in digital art for my major, but being in California just felt like a missed opportunity if I didn't at least try to make a go at Silicon Valley. Are you focusing on marketing or digital art?? Maybe we can work together in a project in the future lol.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 23rd, 2020, 12:40 AM)Eric Wrote:
Are you focusing on marketing or digital art??  Maybe we can work together in a project in the future lol.
Uh, no idea. @ShiraNoMai would probably have to help me figure that out since she already got her degree in the same field. XD

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 23rd, 2020, 12:40 AM)Eric Wrote:
Are you focusing on marketing or digital art??  Maybe we can work together in a project in the future lol.
Uh, no idea. @ShiraNoMai would probably have to help me figure that out since she already got her degree in the same field. XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
A few minor things for me, although the list may seem long they're still little happy moments within the bleakness of the entirety that is 2020. Going to try and put them in order that they happened. Also I think I've mentioned them all on here before so nothing new really.

-Discovering the band Ad Infinitum and buying their first album, which I've loved. Made my morning rack away at work more enjoyable too.

-Release of and getting Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition. Jumped into my mental top 10 games almost immediately. However my playthrough came to a sudden halt as I didn't want to progress the story before getting a major side quest up to where I should have gotten it but didn't. It involves finding items enemies drop (has RNG) or through other means that I'm struggling to find the motivation to do. XD

-Doing two 14-mile walks this year, haven't done two since 2015. (one in July, one last Sunday) Also finding a new willing and able person to do it.

-Watching Bob Ross' The Joy of Painting first on BBC4 then finding there's a channel on Twitch.

-Watching people play Among Us, through Savjz and then Trainwreckstv.

-Buying and listening to Conception's new album. Only got it last week and still listening to it a lot.

May have forgotten stuff but those are the only things that stand out. Wish there was more, but yeah the overall end point doesn't look great for me. XD
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
A few minor things for me, although the list may seem long they're still little happy moments within the bleakness of the entirety that is 2020. Going to try and put them in order that they happened. Also I think I've mentioned them all on here before so nothing new really.

-Discovering the band Ad Infinitum and buying their first album, which I've loved. Made my morning rack away at work more enjoyable too.

-Release of and getting Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition. Jumped into my mental top 10 games almost immediately. However my playthrough came to a sudden halt as I didn't want to progress the story before getting a major side quest up to where I should have gotten it but didn't. It involves finding items enemies drop (has RNG) or through other means that I'm struggling to find the motivation to do. XD

-Doing two 14-mile walks this year, haven't done two since 2015. (one in July, one last Sunday) Also finding a new willing and able person to do it.

-Watching Bob Ross' The Joy of Painting first on BBC4 then finding there's a channel on Twitch.

-Watching people play Among Us, through Savjz and then Trainwreckstv.

-Buying and listening to Conception's new album. Only got it last week and still listening to it a lot.

May have forgotten stuff but those are the only things that stand out. Wish there was more, but yeah the overall end point doesn't look great for me. XD

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2020 Holiday Season Thread Moonface 15 7,229 Jan 18th, 2021, 11:54 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Halloween 2020 Dragon Lord 5 2,824 Oct 14th, 2020, 07:16 PM
Last Post: Moonface