Poll: Would You Pay $70 For PS5/XSX Games?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
0%
0 0%
No
42.86%
3 42.86%
Depends
57.14%
4 57.14%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Would You Pay $70 For PS5/XSX Games?
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Yeah that's a bit confusing, swear the physical and digital are usually roughly the same price that's on the same system unless one or the other has something extra included? Also depending on where you're buying from too. Hm. Probably will be updated later today after the Direct.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Yeah that's a bit confusing, swear the physical and digital are usually roughly the same price that's on the same system unless one or the other has something extra included? Also depending on where you're buying from too. Hm. Probably will be updated later today after the Direct.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,679
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
It could be that because pre-orders for physical copies have been up for a while and it was priced at $60, and either new pre-orders are going to be $70 or the physical copy will remain at $60 and the digital one will introduce the new standard Nintendo price, although that would be pretty shit to dump that change onto digital owners first.

I can't recall if any Sony games were up for pre-order at $60 and then released at $70 when the price increase went into effect. I can only remember PS4 versions remaining at $60 but at least PS5 versions being $10 more could be looked at as being attached to a new platform, rather than to physical/digital.

My biggest peeve with Nintendo going the $70 route is unlike practically any other game publisher, their games don't generate less money per unit over time due to lowering prices so in the long run they theoretically make more money on games than anyone else already. On the flip side though if the copious amounts of AAA games from third party publishers can be priced at $70 and release as broken messes, how can Nintendo games be priced $10 less than that when at least they churn out finished products. Now before Pokémon gets brought up, Nintendo doesn't make the games so I don't really consider that as a mark against the finished quality of their games.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,679 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
It could be that because pre-orders for physical copies have been up for a while and it was priced at $60, and either new pre-orders are going to be $70 or the physical copy will remain at $60 and the digital one will introduce the new standard Nintendo price, although that would be pretty shit to dump that change onto digital owners first.

I can't recall if any Sony games were up for pre-order at $60 and then released at $70 when the price increase went into effect. I can only remember PS4 versions remaining at $60 but at least PS5 versions being $10 more could be looked at as being attached to a new platform, rather than to physical/digital.

My biggest peeve with Nintendo going the $70 route is unlike practically any other game publisher, their games don't generate less money per unit over time due to lowering prices so in the long run they theoretically make more money on games than anyone else already. On the flip side though if the copious amounts of AAA games from third party publishers can be priced at $70 and release as broken messes, how can Nintendo games be priced $10 less than that when at least they churn out finished products. Now before Pokémon gets brought up, Nintendo doesn't make the games so I don't really consider that as a mark against the finished quality of their games.
Ravenfreak Offline
Newcomer
Currently Playing
Wario Land 3
Favourite Platform(s)
Genesis, PS2, Gamecube
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 336
For me it really depends on what game it is. I will gladly pay that price for a game in a franchise that I love, especially if the game comes with extra goodies. I think many people forget that way back in the day many Genesis, NES, and SNES games were about $70 or even $60. Earthbound for example was $70 when it came out and a game guide was included. This is probably why it's a rare title, and goes for a pretty penny even nowdays.
Ravenfreak Offline
Newcomer
Currently Playing
Wario Land 3
Favourite Platform(s)
Genesis, PS2, Gamecube
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 336
For me it really depends on what game it is. I will gladly pay that price for a game in a franchise that I love, especially if the game comes with extra goodies. I think many people forget that way back in the day many Genesis, NES, and SNES games were about $70 or even $60. Earthbound for example was $70 when it came out and a game guide was included. This is probably why it's a rare title, and goes for a pretty penny even nowdays.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,679
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Feb 24th, 2023, 11:22 PM)Ravenfreak Wrote:
I think many people forget that way back in the day many Genesis, NES, and SNES games were about $70 or even $60. Earthbound for example was $70 when it came out and a game guide was included. This is probably why it's a rare title, and goes for a pretty penny even nowdays.
A lot of people definitely forget that, but even then games back then didn't release incomplete or release DLC packs down the line. At least then $70+ on a game was all you'd spend; Pokémon will likely be $105+ just for a single game now, considering the recent DLC announcement for Scarlet/Violet costs $35 and there's no way the next entry is going to be less than $70. Of course, DLC is always optional but it still feels a bit shit to know that $70 on a game today doesn't mean you're necessarily getting everything, especially when some things are locked behind DLC that used to be included with earlier entries in the series as standard.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,679 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Feb 24th, 2023, 11:22 PM)Ravenfreak Wrote:
I think many people forget that way back in the day many Genesis, NES, and SNES games were about $70 or even $60. Earthbound for example was $70 when it came out and a game guide was included. This is probably why it's a rare title, and goes for a pretty penny even nowdays.
A lot of people definitely forget that, but even then games back then didn't release incomplete or release DLC packs down the line. At least then $70+ on a game was all you'd spend; Pokémon will likely be $105+ just for a single game now, considering the recent DLC announcement for Scarlet/Violet costs $35 and there's no way the next entry is going to be less than $70. Of course, DLC is always optional but it still feels a bit shit to know that $70 on a game today doesn't mean you're necessarily getting everything, especially when some things are locked behind DLC that used to be included with earlier entries in the series as standard.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Xbox to Bring Games to Other Systems Moonface 9 321 Feb 23rd, 2024, 07:09 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  What Notable Games Will Be Lost With the 3DS/Wii U eShop Closure? Moonface 7 1,171 Jan 18th, 2024, 04:26 PM
  Storing Your Games? Moonface 8 696 Nov 18th, 2023, 02:13 AM
Last Post: Kyng
  Will Games Go Above $70 Eventually? Moonface 5 1,062 May 6th, 2023, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  What If All PS4 Games Were Also On PC? Moonface 37 26,832 Jul 1st, 2021, 04:38 PM