Xbox Games Showcase - July 23, 2020
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
The Xbox Games Showcase is over, and here is everything that was announced during the show, as well as the full show itself in the event you wish to watch it:

Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age | Trailer
Dragon Quest is finally coming to Xbox with Dragon Quest XI S, and will be available on Xbox One, Xbox Series X, and Xbox Game Pass on December 4th.

Exomecha | Trailer
A free-to-play online competitive first-person shooter with team-based large scale battles, a unique battle royale game mode, and an objective-based game mode that takes place in Omecha, a new and untouched planet with exotic environments. Exomecha offers you breathtaking gaming experience with its flexible playing style, mechs, unique gadgets and abilities, and boss battles. Coming late 2021.

Watch Dogs: Legion | Trailer
Get another look at Watch Dogs: Legion, where you can play as anyone in the city of London to save it from corrupt private military, human traffickers, and authoritarian rule.

Echo Generation | Trailer
A turn-based adventure game by Cococucumber coming to Xbox Series X and Xbox One in 2021.

Hello Neighbour 2 | Trailer
You play as a local journalist investigating missing persons reports when you follow a series of clues leading you back to the abandoned house of The Neighbor in this sequel to the popular stealth horror game about sneaking into your creepy neighbour's house. Only problem is, it's occupied by a mysterious crow-like being. The only logical thing to do is break in. Welcome back to Raven Brooks.

ID @ Xbox Sizzle Reel | Trailer
Fifteen awesome independent games coming first to console on Xbox and all will be optimized for Xbox Series X, including The Artful Escape, Shredders, 12 Minutes, Tunic, The Ascent, and much more.

Balan Wonderworld | Trailer
The curtains have been lifted unveiling the all-new 3D action platformer created by the legendary creators Yuji Naka and Naoto Ohshima. Twelve different tales await players in the bizarre and imaginary land of Wonderworld. As the star of the show you can use powers from 80 different costumes while exploring labyrinth stages, filled with a myriad of tricks and traps to get to the heart of each story. As you journey through this land between fantasy and reality, you must find a way to bring balance to others and yourself. 

Arriving in Spring 2021 on Xbox One and Xbox Series X!

Halo: Infinite | Trailer | Gameplay Footage
The main show starts here with Halo: Infinite kicking things off by giving us an extended gameplay demo of Master Chief having to take out three separate anti-aircraft guns in an expansive open area.

State of Decay 3 | Trailer
Watch the official announcement trailer for State of Decay 3 and see what’s in store for the next chapter in State of Decay.

Forza Motorsport 8 | Trailer
Automotive entertainment is reimagined for a new generation with the power of Xbox Series X.

Everwild | Trailer
Everwild is a brand new IP from Rare. A unique and unforgettable experience await in a natural and magical world.

Tell Me Why | Trailer
Experience Chapter One of Tell Me Why, the latest narrative experience from DONTNOD Entertainment, the studio behind Life is Strange. Play as twins Alyson and Tyler as they use their special bond to unravel the mysteries of their loving but troubled childhood. Set in beautiful Alaska, Tell Me Why features true-to-life characters, mature themes and gripping choices.

Ori and the Will of the Wisps | Trailer
Critically acclaimed Ori and the Will of the Wisps will be optimized for Xbox Series X with 4k visuals and 120fps.

The Outer Worlds: Peril on Gorgon | Trailer
A severed arm and a mysterious message lead the crew of the Unreliable to the Gorgon Asteroid, formerly the site of one of Halcyon’s most ambitious and disastrous scientific undertakings - now a lawless den of monsters and marauders. Wealthy recluse Minnie Ambrose tasks the crew with finding answers about Dr. Olivia Ambrose, her mother and the doomed project’s disgraced director, but they are soon ensnared in an intrigue that will change the colony forever.

The Outer Worlds: Peril on Gorgon arrives on Xbox One and PC September 9, 2020.

Grounded | Trailer
Obsidian Entertainment reveals the all new official launch trailer for Grounded, their upcoming survival adventure game. On July 28th, go big or never go home by playing with Xbox Game Preview.

Avowed | Trailer
Watch the official announcement trailer for Avowed, Obsidian Entertainment’s next epic, first-person RPG set in the fantasy world of Eora.

As Dusk Falls | Trailer
One town. Two families. Three decades of secrets. As Dusk Falls is an original interactive drama from INTERIOR/NIGHT that explores the entangled lives of two families across thirty years. Starting with a robbery-gone-wrong in small town Arizona, the choices you make will have a powerful impact on this epic story of sacrifice, betrayal, and resilience.

Psychonauts 2 | Trailer
Raz takes a journey through the mind of a mystery brain he found in a jar in this new musical trailer for Psychonauts 2.

Destiny 2 | Trailer
As a new threat emerges, so too does a mysterious new power -- Stasis. Prepare to wield the Darkness in Destiny 2: Beyond Light, coming November 10, 2020.

Stalker 2 | Trailer
The award-winning PC franchise loved by millions of players is making a true next-gen console debut with S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2. Experience one of the biggest open-worlds to date, filled with radiation, mutants, and anomalies.

Warhammer 40,000: Darktide | Trailer
From the developers of the best-selling and award-winning franchise Vermintide, Warhammer 40,000: Darktide is a visceral 4-player co-op action game set in the hive city of Tertium. Fight together with your friends against hordes of enemies in this new Warhammer: 40,000 experience.

Tetris Effect: Connected | Trailer
Tetris Effect: Connected is the original Tetris Effect with all-new co-op and competitive online and local multiplayer modes! This is Tetris like you’ve never seen it, or heard it, or felt it before—an incredibly addictive, unique, and breathtakingly gorgeous reinvention of one of the most popular puzzle games of all time. In Summer 2021, the multiplayer expansion will be made available as a free update to all other existing versions of Tetris Effect.

The Gunk | Trailer
From the creators of SteamWorld, embark on an all-new adventure in a vast and alien world where you’ll encounter terrifying enemies and challenging puzzles on your quest to unravel the mystery of a forgotten planet, while saving it in the process.

The Medium | Trailer
The Medium is a next-gen psychological horror game, featuring never-seen-before and officially patented Dual-Reality Gameplay that plays out across two worlds displayed at the same time.

Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis | Trailer
Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis will be coming in 2021! PSO2: NGS will surpass Phantasy Star Online 2 in every way, offering players limitless adventure and unparalleled character customization. The game has been redesigned as a best-in-class online action RPG experience!

CrossfireX | Trailer
A sprawling global conflict rages between the Global Risk and Black List mercenary factions in an immersive and cinematic single player experience from Smilegate Entertainment and Remedy. Where will the fight take you?

Fable | Trailer
Fable returns with a new beginning for the legendary franchise. Explore a land of fantastical creatures and wondrous places. Developed by Playground Games for Xbox Series X and Windows 10.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
The Xbox Games Showcase is over, and here is everything that was announced during the show, as well as the full show itself in the event you wish to watch it:

Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age | Trailer
Dragon Quest is finally coming to Xbox with Dragon Quest XI S, and will be available on Xbox One, Xbox Series X, and Xbox Game Pass on December 4th.

Exomecha | Trailer
A free-to-play online competitive first-person shooter with team-based large scale battles, a unique battle royale game mode, and an objective-based game mode that takes place in Omecha, a new and untouched planet with exotic environments. Exomecha offers you breathtaking gaming experience with its flexible playing style, mechs, unique gadgets and abilities, and boss battles. Coming late 2021.

Watch Dogs: Legion | Trailer
Get another look at Watch Dogs: Legion, where you can play as anyone in the city of London to save it from corrupt private military, human traffickers, and authoritarian rule.

Echo Generation | Trailer
A turn-based adventure game by Cococucumber coming to Xbox Series X and Xbox One in 2021.

Hello Neighbour 2 | Trailer
You play as a local journalist investigating missing persons reports when you follow a series of clues leading you back to the abandoned house of The Neighbor in this sequel to the popular stealth horror game about sneaking into your creepy neighbour's house. Only problem is, it's occupied by a mysterious crow-like being. The only logical thing to do is break in. Welcome back to Raven Brooks.

ID @ Xbox Sizzle Reel | Trailer
Fifteen awesome independent games coming first to console on Xbox and all will be optimized for Xbox Series X, including The Artful Escape, Shredders, 12 Minutes, Tunic, The Ascent, and much more.

Balan Wonderworld | Trailer
The curtains have been lifted unveiling the all-new 3D action platformer created by the legendary creators Yuji Naka and Naoto Ohshima. Twelve different tales await players in the bizarre and imaginary land of Wonderworld. As the star of the show you can use powers from 80 different costumes while exploring labyrinth stages, filled with a myriad of tricks and traps to get to the heart of each story. As you journey through this land between fantasy and reality, you must find a way to bring balance to others and yourself. 

Arriving in Spring 2021 on Xbox One and Xbox Series X!

Halo: Infinite | Trailer | Gameplay Footage
The main show starts here with Halo: Infinite kicking things off by giving us an extended gameplay demo of Master Chief having to take out three separate anti-aircraft guns in an expansive open area.

State of Decay 3 | Trailer
Watch the official announcement trailer for State of Decay 3 and see what’s in store for the next chapter in State of Decay.

Forza Motorsport 8 | Trailer
Automotive entertainment is reimagined for a new generation with the power of Xbox Series X.

Everwild | Trailer
Everwild is a brand new IP from Rare. A unique and unforgettable experience await in a natural and magical world.

Tell Me Why | Trailer
Experience Chapter One of Tell Me Why, the latest narrative experience from DONTNOD Entertainment, the studio behind Life is Strange. Play as twins Alyson and Tyler as they use their special bond to unravel the mysteries of their loving but troubled childhood. Set in beautiful Alaska, Tell Me Why features true-to-life characters, mature themes and gripping choices.

Ori and the Will of the Wisps | Trailer
Critically acclaimed Ori and the Will of the Wisps will be optimized for Xbox Series X with 4k visuals and 120fps.

The Outer Worlds: Peril on Gorgon | Trailer
A severed arm and a mysterious message lead the crew of the Unreliable to the Gorgon Asteroid, formerly the site of one of Halcyon’s most ambitious and disastrous scientific undertakings - now a lawless den of monsters and marauders. Wealthy recluse Minnie Ambrose tasks the crew with finding answers about Dr. Olivia Ambrose, her mother and the doomed project’s disgraced director, but they are soon ensnared in an intrigue that will change the colony forever.

The Outer Worlds: Peril on Gorgon arrives on Xbox One and PC September 9, 2020.

Grounded | Trailer
Obsidian Entertainment reveals the all new official launch trailer for Grounded, their upcoming survival adventure game. On July 28th, go big or never go home by playing with Xbox Game Preview.

Avowed | Trailer
Watch the official announcement trailer for Avowed, Obsidian Entertainment’s next epic, first-person RPG set in the fantasy world of Eora.

As Dusk Falls | Trailer
One town. Two families. Three decades of secrets. As Dusk Falls is an original interactive drama from INTERIOR/NIGHT that explores the entangled lives of two families across thirty years. Starting with a robbery-gone-wrong in small town Arizona, the choices you make will have a powerful impact on this epic story of sacrifice, betrayal, and resilience.

Psychonauts 2 | Trailer
Raz takes a journey through the mind of a mystery brain he found in a jar in this new musical trailer for Psychonauts 2.

Destiny 2 | Trailer
As a new threat emerges, so too does a mysterious new power -- Stasis. Prepare to wield the Darkness in Destiny 2: Beyond Light, coming November 10, 2020.

Stalker 2 | Trailer
The award-winning PC franchise loved by millions of players is making a true next-gen console debut with S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2. Experience one of the biggest open-worlds to date, filled with radiation, mutants, and anomalies.

Warhammer 40,000: Darktide | Trailer
From the developers of the best-selling and award-winning franchise Vermintide, Warhammer 40,000: Darktide is a visceral 4-player co-op action game set in the hive city of Tertium. Fight together with your friends against hordes of enemies in this new Warhammer: 40,000 experience.

Tetris Effect: Connected | Trailer
Tetris Effect: Connected is the original Tetris Effect with all-new co-op and competitive online and local multiplayer modes! This is Tetris like you’ve never seen it, or heard it, or felt it before—an incredibly addictive, unique, and breathtakingly gorgeous reinvention of one of the most popular puzzle games of all time. In Summer 2021, the multiplayer expansion will be made available as a free update to all other existing versions of Tetris Effect.

The Gunk | Trailer
From the creators of SteamWorld, embark on an all-new adventure in a vast and alien world where you’ll encounter terrifying enemies and challenging puzzles on your quest to unravel the mystery of a forgotten planet, while saving it in the process.

The Medium | Trailer
The Medium is a next-gen psychological horror game, featuring never-seen-before and officially patented Dual-Reality Gameplay that plays out across two worlds displayed at the same time.

Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis | Trailer
Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis will be coming in 2021! PSO2: NGS will surpass Phantasy Star Online 2 in every way, offering players limitless adventure and unparalleled character customization. The game has been redesigned as a best-in-class online action RPG experience!

CrossfireX | Trailer
A sprawling global conflict rages between the Global Risk and Black List mercenary factions in an immersive and cinematic single player experience from Smilegate Entertainment and Remedy. Where will the fight take you?

Fable | Trailer
Fable returns with a new beginning for the legendary franchise. Explore a land of fantastical creatures and wondrous places. Developed by Playground Games for Xbox Series X and Windows 10.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Hmm.. I have Dragon Quest XI S already, the only other two games I'm interested in are: Tell Me Why, Psychonauts 2, & FABLE.. But, I'm just going to play everything on my pc since everything is releasing to the pc anyway. *shrug*
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Hmm.. I have Dragon Quest XI S already, the only other two games I'm interested in are: Tell Me Why, Psychonauts 2, & FABLE.. But, I'm just going to play everything on my pc since everything is releasing to the pc anyway. *shrug*
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Overall the show didn't impress me. Nothing makes me want an Xbox and I certainly would not buy a Series X this Holiday for anything here even if I was already an Xbox consumer. The only game I really cared for was Balan Wonderworld, but I want to know if either of the lead developers on the game have done anything notable prior to this game recently. Yooka-Laylee had notable names behind it too but turned out to be widely seen as a middle of the road affair so that's why I'm not going to buy into Balan being good just because of the names if they haven't worked on anything else since Nights came out (and I don't even know how good that game was at the time).

Halo really didn't do anything for me and I hoped it would. I just dislike the lack of weight on everything. Everyone is being shot at, including Chief, and no one seems to really react. The grappling hook is a cool idea but the action feels too floaty. Maybe that's just how Halo is, but it doesn't do anything for me.

But yeah, I see no reason why anyone wouldn't just get the games on PC or Xbox One and wait for Series X when it gets cheaper and gets some games that aren't on Xbox One at all.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Overall the show didn't impress me. Nothing makes me want an Xbox and I certainly would not buy a Series X this Holiday for anything here even if I was already an Xbox consumer. The only game I really cared for was Balan Wonderworld, but I want to know if either of the lead developers on the game have done anything notable prior to this game recently. Yooka-Laylee had notable names behind it too but turned out to be widely seen as a middle of the road affair so that's why I'm not going to buy into Balan being good just because of the names if they haven't worked on anything else since Nights came out (and I don't even know how good that game was at the time).

Halo really didn't do anything for me and I hoped it would. I just dislike the lack of weight on everything. Everyone is being shot at, including Chief, and no one seems to really react. The grappling hook is a cool idea but the action feels too floaty. Maybe that's just how Halo is, but it doesn't do anything for me.

But yeah, I see no reason why anyone wouldn't just get the games on PC or Xbox One and wait for Series X when it gets cheaper and gets some games that aren't on Xbox One at all.
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,021
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Forgot this was on Thursday, but I wasn't going to watch live anyway. Had a look at some trailers and briefly scrolled through the main showcase, but nothing grabbed me. Also nothing more about the console itself yet, neither side (PS5 and XBSX) giving away until the other it seems. XD
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,021 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Forgot this was on Thursday, but I wasn't going to watch live anyway. Had a look at some trailers and briefly scrolled through the main showcase, but nothing grabbed me. Also nothing more about the console itself yet, neither side (PS5 and XBSX) giving away until the other it seems. XD
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Nothing interesting here. Dragon Quest XI S is hilarious, because Switch owners for a while were talking so much shit that they got the "better" version of DQXI than PS4/Steam players, and now that same version of the game is coming to other platforms. Most importantly, it's releasing on PS4, so that's a big "LOL" at Switch fanboys who were gloating about that version of the game so much. Absolutely hilarious.

PSO2: New Genesis would be a hell of a lot more interesting if SEGA weren't complete idiots and sent PSO2 to an early grave in the West by letting Microsoft have it exclusive on console. Like, why would you be stupid enough to put it on the one console that doesn't sell? Just really sad what they did to that game, but I guess that goes to show why SEGA failed in the console market. They just can't resist the urge to make really idiotic decisions with their products.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Nothing interesting here. Dragon Quest XI S is hilarious, because Switch owners for a while were talking so much shit that they got the "better" version of DQXI than PS4/Steam players, and now that same version of the game is coming to other platforms. Most importantly, it's releasing on PS4, so that's a big "LOL" at Switch fanboys who were gloating about that version of the game so much. Absolutely hilarious.

PSO2: New Genesis would be a hell of a lot more interesting if SEGA weren't complete idiots and sent PSO2 to an early grave in the West by letting Microsoft have it exclusive on console. Like, why would you be stupid enough to put it on the one console that doesn't sell? Just really sad what they did to that game, but I guess that goes to show why SEGA failed in the console market. They just can't resist the urge to make really idiotic decisions with their products.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
To note about DQ XI, the ports are just the Switch version, even down to the visuals. It sucks that to get the new content the visual quality has to be sacrificed because the developers didn't want to do more than just port another version with zero changes.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
To note about DQ XI, the ports are just the Switch version, even down to the visuals. It sucks that to get the new content the visual quality has to be sacrificed because the developers didn't want to do more than just port another version with zero changes.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Thankfully that doesn't matter to me personally, because if I get DQXIS on PS4 (which I probably will for the double dip platinum), I'm going to play the entire game in the 2D mode, since I already played in 3D with the better graphics of the original PS4 version.

I can see why it might bother some, though I think most people on PS4 who are going to get this new port will have already played the original, so they'll likely be in the same boat I am. The only people who would be affected by it are XBox players, but oh well. That's what they get for buying an XBox. Whistle
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Thankfully that doesn't matter to me personally, because if I get DQXIS on PS4 (which I probably will for the double dip platinum), I'm going to play the entire game in the 2D mode, since I already played in 3D with the better graphics of the original PS4 version.

I can see why it might bother some, though I think most people on PS4 who are going to get this new port will have already played the original, so they'll likely be in the same boat I am. The only people who would be affected by it are XBox players, but oh well. That's what they get for buying an XBox. Whistle

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  27 Years, 27 Games Maniakkid25 27 8,103 Mar 26th, 2024, 05:53 AM
Last Post: Maniakkid25
  Questioning "Unanswerable" Things in Games? Moonface 7 558 Mar 18th, 2024, 09:37 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Are Big Budget Games Sustainable? Moonface 2 87 Mar 13th, 2024, 09:09 PM
  Nonsensical Situations in Games Moonface 6 721 Feb 13th, 2024, 11:14 PM
  "Gamers Need To Get Comfortable Not Owning Their Games" - Ubisoft Moonface 8 298 Jan 19th, 2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: Kyng