Poll: Will You Buy A Physical or Digital PS5/XSX?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Digital
0%
0 0%
Physical
88.89%
8 88.89%
Both
11.11%
1 11.11%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

PS5/XSX: Digital or Physical?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I know Xbox hasn't shown one yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if they announce a digital only Series X at some point since Sony did it with the PS5. Do you plan to buy a console with a disc drive, or will you be getting the digital only version?

It would take a lot to make me get a digital only PS5, so for now I'm sticking with the physical disc version. A lot of Collector's Editions tend to be physical games when it comes to having the good shit in them, and I wouldn't want to buy one of those and then need to buy the game digitally because I lack a disc drive.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I know Xbox hasn't shown one yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if they announce a digital only Series X at some point since Sony did it with the PS5. Do you plan to buy a console with a disc drive, or will you be getting the digital only version?

It would take a lot to make me get a digital only PS5, so for now I'm sticking with the physical disc version. A lot of Collector's Editions tend to be physical games when it comes to having the good shit in them, and I wouldn't want to buy one of those and then need to buy the game digitally because I lack a disc drive.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Physical 100%. I will *never* be digital-only as long as a physical option exists. I enjoy actually owning my games and not being at the mercy of a company deciding on whether or not to keep their servers running.

Sure, I'll buy digital games if there is no other option, but given the choice, 110% physical every. single. time.

Hopefully with companies like Limited Run Games chugging along, the day we see companies completely ditch physical media is still going to be a long ways off.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Physical 100%. I will *never* be digital-only as long as a physical option exists. I enjoy actually owning my games and not being at the mercy of a company deciding on whether or not to keep their servers running.

Sure, I'll buy digital games if there is no other option, but given the choice, 110% physical every. single. time.

Hopefully with companies like Limited Run Games chugging along, the day we see companies completely ditch physical media is still going to be a long ways off.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Physical, even if getting new physical titles has been harder to do for me during the coronavirus pandemic since I like buying my games from local stores such as Best Buy, & Walmart. But both had online ordering only for a long time & I had to go for digital titles I would have rather bought physically. Even getting a copy of Animal Crossing for my nephew was a pain in the a**, so he ended up with one of our copies & we ended up buying a digital version for ourselves.
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Physical, even if getting new physical titles has been harder to do for me during the coronavirus pandemic since I like buying my games from local stores such as Best Buy, & Walmart. But both had online ordering only for a long time & I had to go for digital titles I would have rather bought physically. Even getting a copy of Animal Crossing for my nephew was a pain in the a**, so he ended up with one of our copies & we ended up buying a digital version for ourselves.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Physical easily. It may be a bit bigger and more pricey than digital, but going digital only is not something I'd want to do. Looking at my collection without the need of a screen and to have the disc/box in my hands is just that much more appealing than receiving nothing but a file on a computer/console.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Physical easily. It may be a bit bigger and more pricey than digital, but going digital only is not something I'd want to do. Looking at my collection without the need of a screen and to have the disc/box in my hands is just that much more appealing than receiving nothing but a file on a computer/console.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The only advantage I think digital has is just the speed of switching games since you don't have to swap discs out, but if I were to go digital for that reason I'd still get the physical disc console so that way I can get physical copies of games that might be dirt cheap or come in CE's and be able to use them.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The only advantage I think digital has is just the speed of switching games since you don't have to swap discs out, but if I were to go digital for that reason I'd still get the physical disc console so that way I can get physical copies of games that might be dirt cheap or come in CE's and be able to use them.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
I tend to prefer getting anything physical so if I do end up getting another console I will probably get the physical version.

The only real downside is not many games are actually on the disc fully. Eh
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
I tend to prefer getting anything physical so if I do end up getting another console I will probably get the physical version.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 10th, 2020, 08:57 PM)Yuri Wrote:
True, but at least you would have some form of the game in the event its digital content was entirely removed.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 10th, 2020, 08:57 PM)Yuri Wrote:
True, but at least you would have some form of the game in the event its digital content was entirely removed.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I would personally go physical for the same reasons people mentioned here, but I can definitely see a case-scenario for those that have either no real care/use for physical objects (such as people that live in small places or are constantly moving) or for streamers to easily switch between titles without having to pop discs in and out all the time that interrupt the stream flow.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I would personally go physical for the same reasons people mentioned here, but I can definitely see a case-scenario for those that have either no real care/use for physical objects (such as people that live in small places or are constantly moving) or for streamers to easily switch between titles without having to pop discs in and out all the time that interrupt the stream flow.
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
Um...both? Ideally I want a physical PlayStation 5 and a all digital Xbox Series. Why is that you might be asking? Simply put I'd only be buying a new Xbox for the GamePass anyway. So why not just go digital for that and save 200 dollars? While still having a full next gen console in the PS5.

Plus, I'm very specific when it comes how games and disks and cases are on my shelf. And last gen Xbox games were on the left side of the case instead of the normal right hand side.
WR91 Offline
Casual
Um...both? Ideally I want a physical PlayStation 5 and a all digital Xbox Series. Why is that you might be asking? Simply put I'd only be buying a new Xbox for the GamePass anyway. So why not just go digital for that and save 200 dollars? While still having a full next gen console in the PS5.

Plus, I'm very specific when it comes how games and disks and cases are on my shelf. And last gen Xbox games were on the left side of the case instead of the normal right hand side.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I decided to edit the poll so you can get your vote in, WrestleRacer. I didn't think about people would like both types in a different way to the other, so that does warrant the extra option. I was having thoughts a little while ago wondering to myself if I were to get two consoles would I get both physical or digital, or would I get one of each, a single PS5 and a single XSX of course. But eh, I know I won't anyway. XD Still the thought occurred to me briefly.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I decided to edit the poll so you can get your vote in, WrestleRacer. I didn't think about people would like both types in a different way to the other, so that does warrant the extra option. I was having thoughts a little while ago wondering to myself if I were to get two consoles would I get both physical or digital, or would I get one of each, a single PS5 and a single XSX of course. But eh, I know I won't anyway. XD Still the thought occurred to me briefly.
WR91 Offline
Casual
(Sep 28th, 2020, 11:46 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Thanks. I voted "Both" as given the chance lol.
WR91 Offline
Casual
(Sep 28th, 2020, 11:46 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Thanks. I voted "Both" as given the chance lol.
Eric Offline
Marvel Nerd
Currently Playing
Spiderman (PS4), Assassin's Creed Origins (PS4), League of Legends (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 2,495
Megami Tensei* Portal 
My only problem with the Xbox Series S is that even though it's only $300, it stores less than 512 GB when considering the OS and other system files.  If I wanted an SSD expansion card, they're priced at $200+ just to get an extra terabyte which brings my total for my console to around $500.  At that price, I figured that I might as well get the XSX for double the storage, better specs, and the benefit of buying second-hand 3rd party games at a cheaper price.  It's more expensive up-front, but hopefully it'll make up in price with all that considered.

THAT SAID...the Series S is still such a good deal anyway.  I'm only trying to justify my decision in the end lol.
Eric Offline
Marvel Nerd
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 2,495 Megami Tensei* Portal 
My only problem with the Xbox Series S is that even though it's only $300, it stores less than 512 GB when considering the OS and other system files.  If I wanted an SSD expansion card, they're priced at $200+ just to get an extra terabyte which brings my total for my console to around $500.  At that price, I figured that I might as well get the XSX for double the storage, better specs, and the benefit of buying second-hand 3rd party games at a cheaper price.  It's more expensive up-front, but hopefully it'll make up in price with all that considered.

THAT SAID...the Series S is still such a good deal anyway.  I'm only trying to justify my decision in the end lol.
WR91 Offline
Casual
(Sep 28th, 2020, 11:57 PM)Eric Wrote:

I mean, you're not wrong. It's also just the fact I think the XSX looks so really odd and I'm just not impressed with it at all.
WR91 Offline
Casual
(Sep 28th, 2020, 11:57 PM)Eric Wrote:

I mean, you're not wrong. It's also just the fact I think the XSX looks so really odd and I'm just not impressed with it at all.
Eric Offline
Marvel Nerd
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 2,495
Megami Tensei* Portal 
I rather think it matches my Ikea furniture just fine lol, whereas the PS5 design would look nicely tucked away from view. They're likely to redesign both down the line anyway as they always do. I have a suspicion that their first models are always made intentionally controversial so as to make the later models look a little more appealing.
Eric Offline
Marvel Nerd
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 2,495 Megami Tensei* Portal 
I rather think it matches my Ikea furniture just fine lol, whereas the PS5 design would look nicely tucked away from view. They're likely to redesign both down the line anyway as they always do. I have a suspicion that their first models are always made intentionally controversial so as to make the later models look a little more appealing.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Microsoft Potentially Ditching Physical Media Entirely? Moonface 7 302 Feb 2nd, 2024, 12:11 AM
Last Post: Moonface
  Would You Pay $70 For PS5/XSX Games? Moonface 33 9,171 Mar 3rd, 2023, 08:55 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Do You Think PS5/Series X Will Come Out This Year? Moonface 5 3,926 Apr 25th, 2020, 02:47 AM
Last Post: Dragon Lord