Flash Dies in 4 Months; What Are Your Flash Game Memories?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,679
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I'm sure everyone is aware that Flash will stop being supported by browsers at the end of 2020, and although some sites such as Newgrounds are going to have ways to still access their Flash games and other sites are converting their content to HTML5, there's going to be hundreds if not thousands of Flash games that I assume will be no longer accessible when the time arrives. I spent hours playing Flash games back in the mid-2000's (as did probably many kids, considering schools would always block any website hosting such games), and although I can't remember them all right now, I do remember most of my time was on Miniclip, Cartoon Network, Zylom Games, Popcap, Lego, and Candystand.

Two that I always loved from Cartoon Network are the Cartoon Network Summer Resort and Trick or Treat Beat. The former was this cool episodic game series that featured various Cartoon Cartoons characters and you would do various quests around a resort, and the latter is pretty much what it says, and you play as a random kid who can use pickups to transform into different creatures to traverse the levels and there would be Cartoon Network characters in the levels you could talk to for extra candy. ToTB is still live on the CN website, but from what I can tell CNSR is dead unless you can find a download for it from a third party website. There are videos of it on YT though if you want to check it out that way.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,679 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I'm sure everyone is aware that Flash will stop being supported by browsers at the end of 2020, and although some sites such as Newgrounds are going to have ways to still access their Flash games and other sites are converting their content to HTML5, there's going to be hundreds if not thousands of Flash games that I assume will be no longer accessible when the time arrives. I spent hours playing Flash games back in the mid-2000's (as did probably many kids, considering schools would always block any website hosting such games), and although I can't remember them all right now, I do remember most of my time was on Miniclip, Cartoon Network, Zylom Games, Popcap, Lego, and Candystand.

Two that I always loved from Cartoon Network are the Cartoon Network Summer Resort and Trick or Treat Beat. The former was this cool episodic game series that featured various Cartoon Cartoons characters and you would do various quests around a resort, and the latter is pretty much what it says, and you play as a random kid who can use pickups to transform into different creatures to traverse the levels and there would be Cartoon Network characters in the levels you could talk to for extra candy. ToTB is still live on the CN website, but from what I can tell CNSR is dead unless you can find a download for it from a third party website. There are videos of it on YT though if you want to check it out that way.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Alas, poor flash! I knew him, Adobe, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy. He hathe borne me on his back a thousand times, and now, how abhorred in my imagination it is!

When I was little I remember spending just hours playing random flash games on newgrounds and watching flash animations on there. I am really glad they are finding a way to keep supporting them to be honest.
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Alas, poor flash! I knew him, Adobe, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy. He hathe borne me on his back a thousand times, and now, how abhorred in my imagination it is!

When I was little I remember spending just hours playing random flash games on newgrounds and watching flash animations on there. I am really glad they are finding a way to keep supporting them to be honest.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,679
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I just wish some of the really good games from the time were made into official phone games. Lego had this amazing isometric puzzle game that could easily be a phone game without even changing anything about it. The amount of content in it alone was worth at least $10.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,679 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I just wish some of the really good games from the time were made into official phone games. Lego had this amazing isometric puzzle game that could easily be a phone game without even changing anything about it. The amount of content in it alone was worth at least $10.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,950
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
My favourite Flash game, by a long way, has to be the original Mata Nui Online Game.

If you're not aware: back in 2001, Lego launched their 'Bionicle' range of buildable action figures - each of which corresponded to a specific element, like fire or water. The main heroes were the 'Toa', and these toys were well-designed and fun to play with; however, what really made this theme so great was its back-story. This was told via the Mata Nui Online Game - a point-and-click adventure game set on the island of Mata Nui. This land was once a tropical paradise; however, it had fallen upon dark times, as the villages were facing attacks from the evil Makuta and his minions. Your job, as one of the island's inhabitants, was to explore the land, and aid the Toa as they saved the villages, one by one, and rid the island of the Makuta's influence.

If you want to play the game, then you can do so here (at least, until December 2020, when Flash support disappears):
http://biomediaproject.com/bmp/files/gms...e/matanui/

Or, if you just want to watch some gameplay, here's a video of the first part. I'm getting goosebumps from watching that telescope about a minute and a half in... back in the day, its purpose was to 'predict' and hint at future updates to the game:

I appreciate that, if you didn't grow up with this game, then it probably doesn't look like much. However, I'm fortunate enough that I did, and it left a major impact on my 10-year-old self - to the point where I'm on here gushing about it nearly 20 years later!!!
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,950 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
My favourite Flash game, by a long way, has to be the original Mata Nui Online Game.

If you're not aware: back in 2001, Lego launched their 'Bionicle' range of buildable action figures - each of which corresponded to a specific element, like fire or water. The main heroes were the 'Toa', and these toys were well-designed and fun to play with; however, what really made this theme so great was its back-story. This was told via the Mata Nui Online Game - a point-and-click adventure game set on the island of Mata Nui. This land was once a tropical paradise; however, it had fallen upon dark times, as the villages were facing attacks from the evil Makuta and his minions. Your job, as one of the island's inhabitants, was to explore the land, and aid the Toa as they saved the villages, one by one, and rid the island of the Makuta's influence.

If you want to play the game, then you can do so here (at least, until December 2020, when Flash support disappears):
http://biomediaproject.com/bmp/files/gms...e/matanui/

Or, if you just want to watch some gameplay, here's a video of the first part. I'm getting goosebumps from watching that telescope about a minute and a half in... back in the day, its purpose was to 'predict' and hint at future updates to the game:

I appreciate that, if you didn't grow up with this game, then it probably doesn't look like much. However, I'm fortunate enough that I did, and it left a major impact on my 10-year-old self - to the point where I'm on here gushing about it nearly 20 years later!!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do You View Smash Bros. as a Party Game or a Fighting Game? Moonface 5 771 Aug 2nd, 2023, 03:38 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Videogame Store Memories Nightingale 7 5,923 Sep 28th, 2020, 12:32 PM
Last Post: WR91
  Fondest Gaming Memories Moonface 5 3,874 Sep 28th, 2020, 11:44 AM
Last Post: WR91
  Game creator Content ID'd on his own game Maniakkid25 4 4,903 Dec 7th, 2019, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Moonface