Current/Last Thing You Watched?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,540
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Turning Red
If you have Disney+ you should absolutely watch this, like right now! This is such a good movie and I think my favourite by Pixar by a long shot. Grin
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,540 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Turning Red
If you have Disney+ you should absolutely watch this, like right now! This is such a good movie and I think my favourite by Pixar by a long shot. Grin
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,211
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
It's so good. Watched it a second time with Moony today (watched it with friends online last night) and could watch it a third time, too. Was such a relatable film for me, as a young girl myself in the early 2000's (I was about 8-9 during this movie's setting): drawing anime sketches in my notebooks, doing stupid, embarrassing shit with my friends, having a strict mother, listening to stupid boy bands. It's also such a good story-teller, and the animation quality is top notch. So many minute detailing in the environments, off-focus character expressions, and so on. There was also a great amount of anime influences I've noticed. Apparently, there was 4 specific anime direct influences, and one of them being Fruits Basket doesn't shock me cuz that was the first thing that came to mind for some aspects LOL
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,211 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
It's so good. Watched it a second time with Moony today (watched it with friends online last night) and could watch it a third time, too. Was such a relatable film for me, as a young girl myself in the early 2000's (I was about 8-9 during this movie's setting): drawing anime sketches in my notebooks, doing stupid, embarrassing shit with my friends, having a strict mother, listening to stupid boy bands. It's also such a good story-teller, and the animation quality is top notch. So many minute detailing in the environments, off-focus character expressions, and so on. There was also a great amount of anime influences I've noticed. Apparently, there was 4 specific anime direct influences, and one of them being Fruits Basket doesn't shock me cuz that was the first thing that came to mind for some aspects LOL
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I love how you can pick out all the bad parents with that movie just by seeing reactions to it on social media. God forbid there's a mention of periods in a Disney movie about girls being at the age that thing can start but all the death and suffering that tons of their other movies have are totally okay. Rolleyes

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I love how you can pick out all the bad parents with that movie just by seeing reactions to it on social media. God forbid there's a mention of periods in a Disney movie about girls being at the age that thing can start but all the death and suffering that tons of their other movies have are totally okay. Rolleyes
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I honestly feel like some of these "parent" review bombers are fucking trolls just feeding into the rage politics they like to incite on the internet to cause it to quabble over dumb shit like this. Meh

This shit was pretty informative, but I'd like to see more tests done to get a more accurate read on these results. I came across this when trying to figure out exactly what the label says: does this shit really help or is it some anime bullshit? 

TL;DR is: Maybe? At really fast speeds, in theory it'd be quite aerodynamic. In practice, especially for how runners currently run in a specific way to avoid injury/optimal speed, it's more difficult to maintain. 

I imagine it to be like what wearing heels is like for me: I feel like I'm gonna fall over, but with enough training, I could probably get used to it.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I honestly feel like some of these "parent" review bombers are fucking trolls just feeding into the rage politics they like to incite on the internet to cause it to quabble over dumb shit like this. Meh

This shit was pretty informative, but I'd like to see more tests done to get a more accurate read on these results. I came across this when trying to figure out exactly what the label says: does this shit really help or is it some anime bullshit? 

TL;DR is: Maybe? At really fast speeds, in theory it'd be quite aerodynamic. In practice, especially for how runners currently run in a specific way to avoid injury/optimal speed, it's more difficult to maintain. 

I imagine it to be like what wearing heels is like for me: I feel like I'm gonna fall over, but with enough training, I could probably get used to it.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,110
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Heels and Naruto running? Oh shi--

Godzilla vs Kong

Watched today with my Dad and sister. Humans were a bit more tolerable in this even though I disliked all but a trio, and there two sets of trios the plot focused on and the other trio were not enjoyable to watch. I get the purpose in the story but ugh, was a chore watching them. Other than that some good scenes and fights going on. I would gladly watch again just like Skull Island, still would rather not watch the first 2014 Godzilla and King of Monsters fully as I've seen the best bits already.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,110 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Heels and Naruto running? Oh shi--

Godzilla vs Kong

Watched today with my Dad and sister. Humans were a bit more tolerable in this even though I disliked all but a trio, and there two sets of trios the plot focused on and the other trio were not enjoyable to watch. I get the purpose in the story but ugh, was a chore watching them. Other than that some good scenes and fights going on. I would gladly watch again just like Skull Island, still would rather not watch the first 2014 Godzilla and King of Monsters fully as I've seen the best bits already.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The Mitchell's vs. The Machines
Watched this last night and I think this might have become my favorite animated movie ever and one of my favorites overall too. The emotional story telling was far deeper and harder hitting than I expected the movie to deliver, and the comedy is so good it's one of the rare movies to make me cry from laughter. I can't even think of another movie that's caused that for me. 110% recommend to anyone who considers watching this. Grin

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The Mitchell's vs. The Machines
Watched this last night and I think this might have become my favorite animated movie ever and one of my favorites overall too. The emotional story telling was far deeper and harder hitting than I expected the movie to deliver, and the comedy is so good it's one of the rare movies to make me cry from laughter. I can't even think of another movie that's caused that for me. 110% recommend to anyone who considers watching this. Grin
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Spider-Man: No Way Home
@ShiraNoMai didn't realise this was available to stream, so she insisted we watch it together when I just casually dropped that fact to her on Saturday night. ROFL
Incredibly good movie that has a lot to pack in yet never gets overwhelming with it. A ridiculous amount of emotion too, maybe more so than the Infinite War/Endgame movies. Not sure what to make of the ending:

Twitch
Caught a little of Barb playing Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle and got to witness the soul drain from his eyes. He was finishing up when I got home from school so I just followed his raid to some streamer who was playing Horizon Zero Dawn for the first time, but didn't really pay much attention to it. I just had it in the background because I didn't care to watch anything in particular at the time.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Spider-Man: No Way Home
@ShiraNoMai didn't realise this was available to stream, so she insisted we watch it together when I just casually dropped that fact to her on Saturday night. ROFL
Incredibly good movie that has a lot to pack in yet never gets overwhelming with it. A ridiculous amount of emotion too, maybe more so than the Infinite War/Endgame movies. Not sure what to make of the ending:

Twitch
Caught a little of Barb playing Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle and got to witness the soul drain from his eyes. He was finishing up when I got home from school so I just followed his raid to some streamer who was playing Horizon Zero Dawn for the first time, but didn't really pay much attention to it. I just had it in the background because I didn't care to watch anything in particular at the time.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Oh man, No Way Home was SO good. Best out of the 3 so far for sure. Those emotional beats were really well delivered. I also thought the acting amongst the whole cast was really superb. Everyone felt really dedicated to their characters, including the villains like the older ones from the past movies. The Andrew Garfield and Tobey MacGuire interaction with Peter Parker was really good, too. I forget how much of a dork Andrew is. His moment, though, with MJ, where he catches her from falling to her death was really strong for me.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Oh man, No Way Home was SO good. Best out of the 3 so far for sure. Those emotional beats were really well delivered. I also thought the acting amongst the whole cast was really superb. Everyone felt really dedicated to their characters, including the villains like the older ones from the past movies. The Andrew Garfield and Tobey MacGuire interaction with Peter Parker was really good, too. I forget how much of a dork Andrew is. His moment, though, with MJ, where he catches her from falling to her death was really strong for me.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah, the actors from the other movies that weren't probably at the high standard these Marvel movies are didn't feel out of place at all here, which really shows that any shortcomings of the other Spider-Man movies certainly wasn't due to the actors. I wonder what actors would've been chosen if the crossover stuff still happened but there weren't two other sets of Spider-Man movies already in existence to use for it. Hmm

As I mentioned in the anime thread, the main thing I've been watching lately is Digimon: Ghost Game in terms of shows. Otherwise it's just been more Twitch, which for today has been people playing Rogue Legacy 2 which came out today. The game looks pretty fun although I don't know yet if I care to play it myself.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah, the actors from the other movies that weren't probably at the high standard these Marvel movies are didn't feel out of place at all here, which really shows that any shortcomings of the other Spider-Man movies certainly wasn't due to the actors. I wonder what actors would've been chosen if the crossover stuff still happened but there weren't two other sets of Spider-Man movies already in existence to use for it. Hmm

As I mentioned in the anime thread, the main thing I've been watching lately is Digimon: Ghost Game in terms of shows. Otherwise it's just been more Twitch, which for today has been people playing Rogue Legacy 2 which came out today. The game looks pretty fun although I don't know yet if I care to play it myself.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,956
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
The final of the World Snooker Championship, between Ronnie O'Sullivan and Judd Trump.

O'Sullivan took a commanding lead early on, going 12-5 up, but Trump has fought back, and the score is now 14-11!

This match will be resolved, one way or the other, in this evening's session.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,956 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
The final of the World Snooker Championship, between Ronnie O'Sullivan and Judd Trump.

O'Sullivan took a commanding lead early on, going 12-5 up, but Trump has fought back, and the score is now 14-11!

This match will be resolved, one way or the other, in this evening's session.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Kyng: Who won in the end? Smile

Last thing I watched was this video:

I've been getting really interested in videos about abandoned places recently. This one was interesting since the mall was actually still fully open at the time the video was made, despite the fact only 4 stores were operating in it.

Seeing how many malls have been abandoned in the last decade I wonder how many will be left operating in another ten years from now? Hmm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Kyng: Who won in the end? Smile

Last thing I watched was this video:

I've been getting really interested in videos about abandoned places recently. This one was interesting since the mall was actually still fully open at the time the video was made, despite the fact only 4 stores were operating in it.

Seeing how many malls have been abandoned in the last decade I wonder how many will be left operating in another ten years from now? Hmm
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,110
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Haven't watched the video yet, but does sadden me knowing malls are dying, but then again I rarely go to them myself, then the pandemic hit and everything obviously went to heck. Even before that I thought they started diminishing anyway because of online shopping. I know at least Lakeside is still going and I assume Bluewater and possibly Westfield are too but haven't been to either of those two for a long time now. Those three are the main ones I know of that I've been to.

Watched Jurassic World Dominion today, is a good film. Out of the three World films I personally preferred it over the second, but might have to watch them back-to-back one day to decide but know the first is my favourite. Do they beat the originals though? As a trilogy maybe imo, but the very first Park film is too much a classic though it's kinda let down by the two sequels, which I honestly can't remember much about other than the big cage scene and...Alan XD though I think they were both from 3 so I got nothing for 2. Blue is best girl/dino though.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,110 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Haven't watched the video yet, but does sadden me knowing malls are dying, but then again I rarely go to them myself, then the pandemic hit and everything obviously went to heck. Even before that I thought they started diminishing anyway because of online shopping. I know at least Lakeside is still going and I assume Bluewater and possibly Westfield are too but haven't been to either of those two for a long time now. Those three are the main ones I know of that I've been to.

Watched Jurassic World Dominion today, is a good film. Out of the three World films I personally preferred it over the second, but might have to watch them back-to-back one day to decide but know the first is my favourite. Do they beat the originals though? As a trilogy maybe imo, but the very first Park film is too much a classic though it's kinda let down by the two sequels, which I honestly can't remember much about other than the big cage scene and...Alan XD though I think they were both from 3 so I got nothing for 2. Blue is best girl/dino though.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 12th, 2022, 10:24 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
I know around here that certain malls have been dying before Covid came along, and if anything that was just speeding up the inevitable for those places. Out of the three you mentioned I would expect Lakeside to be on deaths door, since quite a few notable and popular parts of it closed down while I still lived in the UK.

JP3 was the only big mistake in the originals for me. JP2 was good although I have mixed feelings on the T-Rex in the city set piece at the end of the movie.

Last thing I watched besides Twitch streams was the latest episode of Digimon Ghost Game. I still love how dark the episodes can get, although I wish the actual plot would take precedence at this point. The entire show still feels like a series of one shots with some vague continuity between them, but not enough that you'd miss out if you just jumped into any random episode.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I know around here that certain malls have been dying before Covid came along, and if anything that was just speeding up the inevitable for those places. Out of the three you mentioned I would expect Lakeside to be on deaths door, since quite a few notable and popular parts of it closed down while I still lived in the UK.

JP3 was the only big mistake in the originals for me. JP2 was good although I have mixed feelings on the T-Rex in the city set piece at the end of the movie.

Last thing I watched besides Twitch streams was the latest episode of Digimon Ghost Game. I still love how dark the episodes can get, although I wish the actual plot would take precedence at this point. The entire show still feels like a series of one shots with some vague continuity between them, but not enough that you'd miss out if you just jumped into any random episode.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yeah, we're nearly 30 episodes in and the plot is still being sprinkled in like salt seasoning every episode or so. Wondering when they'll do more of a heavy emphasis on the plot, or they'll just drag it out further along. Toei hired on directors from Dragon Ball Super and Digimon Adventure: (2020) to do this show, so it wouldn't be surprising if that was the case Errm

Finally watched that critically-acclaimed film Parasite by Bong Joon-ho. An absolutely fantastic film, definitely see the praise for it being worthy. Class-division was such a strong element thrown around that whole film, and it was in the subtle details of things when I reflect on parts that seemed odd. Just a fantastic film, even to just casually enjoy. Doesn't need to be the massive thinkpiece it is; it's got plenty of comedy and suspense to keep you entertained if you aren't looking for something super cerebral.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yeah, we're nearly 30 episodes in and the plot is still being sprinkled in like salt seasoning every episode or so. Wondering when they'll do more of a heavy emphasis on the plot, or they'll just drag it out further along. Toei hired on directors from Dragon Ball Super and Digimon Adventure: (2020) to do this show, so it wouldn't be surprising if that was the case Errm

Finally watched that critically-acclaimed film Parasite by Bong Joon-ho. An absolutely fantastic film, definitely see the praise for it being worthy. Class-division was such a strong element thrown around that whole film, and it was in the subtle details of things when I reflect on parts that seemed odd. Just a fantastic film, even to just casually enjoy. Doesn't need to be the massive thinkpiece it is; it's got plenty of comedy and suspense to keep you entertained if you aren't looking for something super cerebral.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 19th, 2022, 01:51 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
I'm hoping the series isn't going for the typical 52 episode run Digimon usually gets, because if so it means that less than half the season will end up being plot heavy, if it ever reaches that point. I will say now that I think about it, I find it odd that Hiro hasn't really been attempting to locate his father or anything. I know he knows where he is and stuff, but he just basically accepted the guy is in the digital world and that seemed to be it. Huh

Aww this movie was so good! I had already read the plot a while ago so I had a vague memory of what happens, but even then I still found the movie gripping. To me a good story is one where even after you know it all, it's still incredibly good to experience it again because of how well it gets told. It's why I think the original TLoU can still hit hard even though I know it like the back of my hand now. Smile

Right now I have a Twitch stream going, but I'm also randomly perusing YouTube and decided to watch a clip from the most recent episode of AEW just 'cuz and I'm happy I did because the heel lines being said were pretty brutal and perfect material for a bad guy to get heat belieavably. XD

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm hoping the series isn't going for the typical 52 episode run Digimon usually gets, because if so it means that less than half the season will end up being plot heavy, if it ever reaches that point. I will say now that I think about it, I find it odd that Hiro hasn't really been attempting to locate his father or anything. I know he knows where he is and stuff, but he just basically accepted the guy is in the digital world and that seemed to be it. Huh

Aww this movie was so good! I had already read the plot a while ago so I had a vague memory of what happens, but even then I still found the movie gripping. To me a good story is one where even after you know it all, it's still incredibly good to experience it again because of how well it gets told. It's why I think the original TLoU can still hit hard even though I know it like the back of my hand now. Smile

Right now I have a Twitch stream going, but I'm also randomly perusing YouTube and decided to watch a clip from the most recent episode of AEW just 'cuz and I'm happy I did because the heel lines being said were pretty brutal and perfect material for a bad guy to get heat belieavably. XD

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current/Last Thing You Listened To? ShiraNoMai 532 152,105 5 hours ago
Last Post: Moonface
  Your Current Device Wallpaper/Lock Screen? Moonface 20 6,820 Apr 4th, 2024, 03:59 PM
Last Post: queenzelda
  You Change the Colour of One Thing. What Happens? Moonface 4 3,906 Jun 15th, 2020, 01:52 AM
Last Post: Moonface