Current/Last Thing You Watched?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,507
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Aug 23rd, 2022, 12:19 AM)Kyng Wrote:
A chess puzzle video on YouTube:

I was able to solve it - but, at 31 years old, I think I've missed my chance at becoming a strong chess player!
Decided to watch this to see if I could get it, and I managed to figure out what it would be rather quickly. I was paranoid though that the winning choice would be to have the queen go across the board and capture nothing at the start. XD
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,507 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Aug 23rd, 2022, 12:19 AM)Kyng Wrote:
A chess puzzle video on YouTube:

I was able to solve it - but, at 31 years old, I think I've missed my chance at becoming a strong chess player!
Decided to watch this to see if I could get it, and I managed to figure out what it would be rather quickly. I was paranoid though that the winning choice would be to have the queen go across the board and capture nothing at the start. XD
Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 4,345
Metroid Mario Kart Super Mario Bros. 
Well, I recently binged all 3 seasons of The Boys. I really enjoyed that and am looking forward to seeing a new season in the next year or so!

Currently I restarted Better Call Saul, since I dipped out many years ago. I forgot how good the show is! I'm currently on season 2. I still think Breaking Bad is better, but Saul has proven to be almost as good. And I've heard the finale is great!
[Image: wrdxyKE.png]

Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 4,345 Metroid Mario Kart Super Mario Bros. 
Well, I recently binged all 3 seasons of The Boys. I really enjoyed that and am looking forward to seeing a new season in the next year or so!

Currently I restarted Better Call Saul, since I dipped out many years ago. I forgot how good the show is! I'm currently on season 2. I still think Breaking Bad is better, but Saul has proven to be almost as good. And I've heard the finale is great!
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,110
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Ah cool you enjoy The Boys too, Frank. I've seen all three seasons so far too. Hope S4 doesn't screw up, and also hope the series doesn't drag on like most series do nowadays. Wouldn't mind if it goes up to 5 or 6 at the absolute most.

On TV/Amazon Prime nothing, but YouTube this:

[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,110 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Ah cool you enjoy The Boys too, Frank. I've seen all three seasons so far too. Hope S4 doesn't screw up, and also hope the series doesn't drag on like most series do nowadays. Wouldn't mind if it goes up to 5 or 6 at the absolute most.

On TV/Amazon Prime nothing, but YouTube this:

ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,207
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
^that was actually super cute, EL. Love the stop-motion stuff Grin

This has been a great video on the history of Super Mario World and how the game has impacted the industry and future generations of video games, including the staff that worked on it.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,207 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
^that was actually super cute, EL. Love the stop-motion stuff Grin

This has been a great video on the history of Super Mario World and how the game has impacted the industry and future generations of video games, including the staff that worked on it.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 1st, 2022, 06:22 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

Having watched this over the course of two nights with you, this video is insanely good based on the fact that I know very little about the intricacies of Mario's importance, and just the way this video builds up SMW made it very easy to see how it ended up at the top of the list for one of the greatest games of all time.
I've never played SMB3, know very little of the content or every feature in the game, and the same for SMW, and I got excited about SMW like it was being revealed today. XD

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 1st, 2022, 06:22 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

Having watched this over the course of two nights with you, this video is insanely good based on the fact that I know very little about the intricacies of Mario's importance, and just the way this video builds up SMW made it very easy to see how it ended up at the top of the list for one of the greatest games of all time.
I've never played SMB3, know very little of the content or every feature in the game, and the same for SMW, and I got excited about SMW like it was being revealed today. XD
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,207
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Gaming Historian is SO good. He also has a video on The Story of Spyro, if you're interested. Internet Historian is also a good channel. 

God I love educational/informative YouTube. Just plug that shit right into my veins.

I found this channel recently and it's been super helpful and informative. Specifically, this video taught me I should be doing weight-training before cardio, where I've been doing the opposite. Seems to be pretty good so far! Channel is basically "Fitness tips but explain them with several scientific studies to back up the claims"
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,207 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Gaming Historian is SO good. He also has a video on The Story of Spyro, if you're interested. Internet Historian is also a good channel. 

God I love educational/informative YouTube. Just plug that shit right into my veins.

I found this channel recently and it's been super helpful and informative. Specifically, this video taught me I should be doing weight-training before cardio, where I've been doing the opposite. Seems to be pretty good so far! Channel is basically "Fitness tips but explain them with several scientific studies to back up the claims"
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 6th, 2022, 12:18 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Just watched it, and eh, it's okay but really seems only useful to watch if you know very little about Spyro. There wasn't much in the video that isn't common knowledge for Spyro fans, whereas I feel the SMW video had a lot of stuff in it that even fans of the series wouldn't have necessarily known about. Shrug

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 6th, 2022, 12:18 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Just watched it, and eh, it's okay but really seems only useful to watch if you know very little about Spyro. There wasn't much in the video that isn't common knowledge for Spyro fans, whereas I feel the SMW video had a lot of stuff in it that even fans of the series wouldn't have necessarily known about. Shrug
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Although NobletOfU (Twitch) has been on the TV all day I haven't been majorly paying attention to it. The last proper thing I watched was King of the Hill last night, and then on my birthday I watched The Bob's Burgers Movie, which as I said in my Start Screen thread was a decent watch. Smile

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Although NobletOfU (Twitch) has been on the TV all day I haven't been majorly paying attention to it. The last proper thing I watched was King of the Hill last night, and then on my birthday I watched The Bob's Burgers Movie, which as I said in my Start Screen thread was a decent watch. Smile
popopdc Offline
Newcomer
XP: 2,920
I last watched Yellowstone on HBO. It's one of my favorite series of all time and I highly recommend it to those who have not watched.
popopdc Offline
Newcomer
XP: 2,920
I last watched Yellowstone on HBO. It's one of my favorite series of all time and I highly recommend it to those who have not watched.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Nov 24th, 2022, 08:35 PM)popopdc Wrote:
Had I not looked this up I would have thought it was a series about the national park and not about a ranch. XD

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Nov 24th, 2022, 08:35 PM)popopdc Wrote:
Had I not looked this up I would have thought it was a series about the national park and not about a ranch. XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,110
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
On YouTube some videos from the channel Seducktive, that has a dude and his pet duck Wrinkle going out on adventures in everyday life. Very wholesome. =3 Also kinda funny how I watched their er, "instructional" video of How To Pick Up A Duck some time ago and then found the channel again, where I watched her (Wrinkle) join a marathon and now more of the videos.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,110 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
On YouTube some videos from the channel Seducktive, that has a dude and his pet duck Wrinkle going out on adventures in everyday life. Very wholesome. =3 Also kinda funny how I watched their er, "instructional" video of How To Pick Up A Duck some time ago and then found the channel again, where I watched her (Wrinkle) join a marathon and now more of the videos.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 

I'm also at work, so I haven't finished it yet, but this is a BRILLIANT video already, just explaining the social structure of MMOs and WHY it is the way it is through the lens of World of Warcraft. Seriously, this guy's videos are sick.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 

I'm also at work, so I haven't finished it yet, but this is a BRILLIANT video already, just explaining the social structure of MMOs and WHY it is the way it is through the lens of World of Warcraft. Seriously, this guy's videos are sick.
Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 4,345
Metroid Mario Kart Super Mario Bros. 
I started watching the original 2003 Funimation dub of Full Metal Alchemist. I am only on episode 4 or 5 I believe.
[Image: wrdxyKE.png]

Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 4,345 Metroid Mario Kart Super Mario Bros. 
I started watching the original 2003 Funimation dub of Full Metal Alchemist. I am only on episode 4 or 5 I believe.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,956
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
The World Cup match between Spain and Germany - although, I didn't watch all of it.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,956 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
The World Cup match between Spain and Germany - although, I didn't watch all of it.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Nov 27th, 2022, 09:43 PM)Frank Wrote:
Have you seen either of the FMA anime before or is this your first time?

I was curious to see the deaths in the 2011 The Thing movie and the top result was for this video that also decides to tally up the death count for the entire movie. The whole channel is actually pretty interesting since not only do they do their best to tally up every single kill in a given horror movie, but they'll also give a cool brief summary of the plot as they go along so it's a neat way to digest a film you might be curious about but don't necessarily plan to actually watch fully, which is the case for me with The Thing (2011) as well as Alien: Covenant, which was another kill count video on the channel I watched. It's at least a more entertaining way of getting a summary of a movie than just reading the Wikipedia plot. XD

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Nov 27th, 2022, 09:43 PM)Frank Wrote:
Have you seen either of the FMA anime before or is this your first time?

I was curious to see the deaths in the 2011 The Thing movie and the top result was for this video that also decides to tally up the death count for the entire movie. The whole channel is actually pretty interesting since not only do they do their best to tally up every single kill in a given horror movie, but they'll also give a cool brief summary of the plot as they go along so it's a neat way to digest a film you might be curious about but don't necessarily plan to actually watch fully, which is the case for me with The Thing (2011) as well as Alien: Covenant, which was another kill count video on the channel I watched. It's at least a more entertaining way of getting a summary of a movie than just reading the Wikipedia plot. XD

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current/Last Thing You Listened To? ShiraNoMai 529 151,530 Apr 12th, 2024, 09:30 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Your Current Device Wallpaper/Lock Screen? Moonface 20 6,808 Apr 4th, 2024, 03:59 PM
Last Post: queenzelda
  You Change the Colour of One Thing. What Happens? Moonface 4 3,901 Jun 15th, 2020, 01:52 AM
Last Post: Moonface