Current/Last Thing You Watched?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,679
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Although I have Twitch on the TV right now I'm not really paying attention to it, so the last thing I watched where I actually paid attention to it would be BarbarousKing's 24 hour Twitch stream he did yesterday of Skyward Sword. Didn't watch the entire stream but oof, every time I see that game I find a new reason to question why it got anything close to a 10/10. Errm
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,679 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Although I have Twitch on the TV right now I'm not really paying attention to it, so the last thing I watched where I actually paid attention to it would be BarbarousKing's 24 hour Twitch stream he did yesterday of Skyward Sword. Didn't watch the entire stream but oof, every time I see that game I find a new reason to question why it got anything close to a 10/10. Errm
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Well I was paying attention to it being on, I was watching NobletOfU de-rust his Breath of the Wild speedruns with some run attempts. It's crazy how optimized that game has become since he last ran it (in release year 2017). His best time back then was a 41:20 (which was high ranking score back then), and today it's nearly half that
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Well I was paying attention to it being on, I was watching NobletOfU de-rust his Breath of the Wild speedruns with some run attempts. It's crazy how optimized that game has become since he last ran it (in release year 2017). His best time back then was a 41:20 (which was high ranking score back then), and today it's nearly half that
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 15th, 2023, 11:21 PM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
I'm actually shocked the run isn't sub-20 minutes yet given the amount of things discovered in BotW. I wonder if it'll ever get that optimized or not. Hmm
I think it will also be really interesting to see how runs for TotK compare to it, since both games will feature the same physics engine which will probably allow clipping strategies to work in that game on release day unless Nintendo have patched it out for the sequel. Somewhat doubt it though since if they cared that much they'd have probably done it to BotW.

Currently watching BarbarousKing on Twitch playing through Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. They're trying to beat it again before Survivor releases tomorrow to refresh their memory of the game, and there's a lot I've seen so far even I don't remember to the point I'm debating whether to replay the game myself before I start Survivor at whatever point I choose to do so. I will say though, having seen a lot of comments online about how bad Cal's running animation is in FO but not seeing footage to go alongside it at the time, I agree that his running animation is atrociously bad. ROFL

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 15th, 2023, 11:21 PM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
I'm actually shocked the run isn't sub-20 minutes yet given the amount of things discovered in BotW. I wonder if it'll ever get that optimized or not. Hmm
I think it will also be really interesting to see how runs for TotK compare to it, since both games will feature the same physics engine which will probably allow clipping strategies to work in that game on release day unless Nintendo have patched it out for the sequel. Somewhat doubt it though since if they cared that much they'd have probably done it to BotW.

Currently watching BarbarousKing on Twitch playing through Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. They're trying to beat it again before Survivor releases tomorrow to refresh their memory of the game, and there's a lot I've seen so far even I don't remember to the point I'm debating whether to replay the game myself before I start Survivor at whatever point I choose to do so. I will say though, having seen a lot of comments online about how bad Cal's running animation is in FO but not seeing footage to go alongside it at the time, I agree that his running animation is atrociously bad. ROFL
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,950
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Coverage of the World Snooker Championship.

It's been quite a crazy tournament, with all kinds of twists and turns. In particular, Belgium's Luca Brecel had to come back from 14-5 down in order to book his place in the final! He's now playing Mark Selby - and right now, Brecel is leading 9-8, but Selby just hit a 147 break :O .

Excited to see how this finishes tomorrow!
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,950 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Coverage of the World Snooker Championship.

It's been quite a crazy tournament, with all kinds of twists and turns. In particular, Belgium's Luca Brecel had to come back from 14-5 down in order to book his place in the final! He's now playing Mark Selby - and right now, Brecel is leading 9-8, but Selby just hit a 147 break :O .

Excited to see how this finishes tomorrow!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Kyng: I do not know enough about snooker to know what a 147 break is. ROFL

Attack the Block
Forgot how this came up between me and @ShiraNoMai a few nights ago but it did, and so I pitched that we watch it last night. Still a really enjoyable movie and I can't wait for the sequel to come out that got announced a few years ago. Grin

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Kyng: I do not know enough about snooker to know what a 147 break is. ROFL

Attack the Block
Forgot how this came up between me and @ShiraNoMai a few nights ago but it did, and so I pitched that we watch it last night. Still a really enjoyable movie and I can't wait for the sequel to come out that got announced a few years ago. Grin
Maniakkid25 Online
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,821
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Sebastian's Carribean Jamboree

So, I had this on VHS until I accidentally destroyed it when I was mad one day. To this day, I still had vague memories of it from when I was, like, 6 or 7 watching it. Come to find it's on Youtube, and it hasn't been taken down yet by Disney, so I can relive a childhood memory! The name of it came in a flash to my mind a couple weeks ago, and I just randomly decided to google it.

And yes, the Sebastian in question is The Little Mermaid's Sebastian. It's a novelty act where Sebastian's original VA, Sam Wright (RIP), comes out and sings and dances to classic covers of Carribean staples in Sebastian's voice. It's a good kiddie show, and it's only 30 minutes long. And timely, too, because that Little Mermaid Live-Action version should be coming out soon.
Maniakkid25 Online
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,821 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Sebastian's Carribean Jamboree

So, I had this on VHS until I accidentally destroyed it when I was mad one day. To this day, I still had vague memories of it from when I was, like, 6 or 7 watching it. Come to find it's on Youtube, and it hasn't been taken down yet by Disney, so I can relive a childhood memory! The name of it came in a flash to my mind a couple weeks ago, and I just randomly decided to google it.

And yes, the Sebastian in question is The Little Mermaid's Sebastian. It's a novelty act where Sebastian's original VA, Sam Wright (RIP), comes out and sings and dances to classic covers of Carribean staples in Sebastian's voice. It's a good kiddie show, and it's only 30 minutes long. And timely, too, because that Little Mermaid Live-Action version should be coming out soon.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I... think I also had that VHS? Along with some weird Disney World "feeling HOT HOT HOT" summer themed with characters video that's in the vague recesses of my mind from childhood. Huh.

Moony showed me a bit of this NerdCubed playthrough of this unique game called Teardown. Was very interesting to see.

ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I... think I also had that VHS? Along with some weird Disney World "feeling HOT HOT HOT" summer themed with characters video that's in the vague recesses of my mind from childhood. Huh.

Moony showed me a bit of this NerdCubed playthrough of this unique game called Teardown. Was very interesting to see.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 5th, 2023, 04:14 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

Heh, I was about to come in here and share that video myself because of how interesting I found the concept and that it was the last thing I watched (I've not watched anything today ;w; ). Definitely a game I'd love to see a speedrun for because I suspect there would be some crazy techniques that could be pulled off with this game.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 5th, 2023, 04:14 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

Heh, I was about to come in here and share that video myself because of how interesting I found the concept and that it was the last thing I watched (I've not watched anything today ;w; ). Definitely a game I'd love to see a speedrun for because I suspect there would be some crazy techniques that could be pulled off with this game.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
The latest Chubbyemu was really... something. One of those zero to a hundred scenarios. This is also one of the rare episodes that the person in question is actually showcased as more than just their initials!

ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
The latest Chubbyemu was really... something. One of those zero to a hundred scenarios. This is also one of the rare episodes that the person in question is actually showcased as more than just their initials!

Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Whoops, thought I was in the music version of this thread. Erm...a Spiral Abyss run that showed off a Kaveh team on YouTube, because it had Kaeya in it. Nothing special.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Whoops, thought I was in the music version of this thread. Erm...a Spiral Abyss run that showed off a Kaveh team on YouTube, because it had Kaeya in it. Nothing special.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 16th, 2023, 05:58 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

Just watched this and oof, I swear the amount of times I've seen a story of a doctor just dismissing something under the presumption of "You're too young" or "Pain + Woman = Period" is so high I really don't excuse any doctor who still does that type of thing, despite that video pulling out a "hooves = horses" reasoning.
Although, I feel like everyone at least once in their life goes through some medical thing where doctors just never seem to diagnose it until you either push back or figure it out for yourself. I've had that fun at least twice in my life. Rolleyes

Besides that, I've been watching a lot of random stuff today so I'm just gonna list all of it: Yeah, been watching a lot of stuff today. Mostly due to having a headache for much of the day so just vegging on the couch watching videos that didn't require me to focus on the visuals fully a lot. The first and last videos in that list are definitely the most interesting, with the first really showing just how horribly busted Spyro ETD truly is. XD

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 16th, 2023, 05:58 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

Just watched this and oof, I swear the amount of times I've seen a story of a doctor just dismissing something under the presumption of "You're too young" or "Pain + Woman = Period" is so high I really don't excuse any doctor who still does that type of thing, despite that video pulling out a "hooves = horses" reasoning.
Although, I feel like everyone at least once in their life goes through some medical thing where doctors just never seem to diagnose it until you either push back or figure it out for yourself. I've had that fun at least twice in my life. Rolleyes

Besides that, I've been watching a lot of random stuff today so I'm just gonna list all of it: Yeah, been watching a lot of stuff today. Mostly due to having a headache for much of the day so just vegging on the couch watching videos that didn't require me to focus on the visuals fully a lot. The first and last videos in that list are definitely the most interesting, with the first really showing just how horribly busted Spyro ETD truly is. XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I have been somewhat watching a number of animal videos lately, a few have been about animal sanctuaries. Knew about SaveAFox, following Ninifam's (not sanctuary but they have had multiple cats), another fox sanctuary (that has a fox with a moustache), some others then this one for Alligators.

Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I have been somewhat watching a number of animal videos lately, a few have been about animal sanctuaries. Knew about SaveAFox, following Ninifam's (not sanctuary but they have had multiple cats), another fox sanctuary (that has a fox with a moustache), some others then this one for Alligators.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The Phogs speedrun on SGDQ this morning. Really interesting run for me since it's a game I love that I've never seen a run for before and the amount of physics abuse is ridiculous. XD

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The Phogs speedrun on SGDQ this morning. Really interesting run for me since it's a game I love that I've never seen a run for before and the amount of physics abuse is ridiculous. XD
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her

Been watching this iCarly overview (which I made the mistake of starting at 1130PM the night before a morning flight) that's about 5 hours long (and I think there's additional videos after that supplement it?). The reviewer, Quinton Reviews, dedicated like 3 months to rewatching the entire series to get a good vibe check in 2021 (the series is from 2007-2011?) to see how everything aged.
I think the really surprising part was how strangely ahead of it's time it was in predicting the future of content creation over the internet, considering around the time of the show's inception, content creation was largely isolated to a select few (Smosh, Rooster Teeth, Fred, etc) and even then, it wasn't live content generally. iCarly really showed what was in store for live streaming before it was even a real thing. And as the video points out, it's likely the creators had no idea their children's sitcom would foreshadow a future like today (cuz it was apparent multiple times throughout the video that writers likely had a very surface level idea of what logistics are involved in the Internet and video production).

Aside from that, at 2 seasons in (3 hour mark, I needed to go to bed at some point) there's been some very... Odd decisions in regards to how it portrayed some things with characters (which, as an aside, it was very uncommon for children's sitcoms to have characters with any sort of complexity beyond surface level comedic value, so this was very unique to the show). Writers seemed to have an idea of what was acceptable level weird and what wasn't, and it made certain scenes and plotlines uncomfortable to observe (i.e. any neurodivergent character was the "unacceptable" level of weird, but hey, random hat party?? Sure thing)

I'm interested in seeing if the review covers the new show at all in a separate video cuz it happened to come out after this was posted. I had seen a few episodes of it myself, and it seemed to improve greatly on some aspects that were formerly considered "bad" but the comedy seemed to still be hit or miss (it was hit or miss during the original run IMO; something Dan Schneider's shows have declined on as his career progressed)

Lemme know if anyone of y'all have or are watching this cuz I'd love another perspective on it LOL
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her

Been watching this iCarly overview (which I made the mistake of starting at 1130PM the night before a morning flight) that's about 5 hours long (and I think there's additional videos after that supplement it?). The reviewer, Quinton Reviews, dedicated like 3 months to rewatching the entire series to get a good vibe check in 2021 (the series is from 2007-2011?) to see how everything aged.
I think the really surprising part was how strangely ahead of it's time it was in predicting the future of content creation over the internet, considering around the time of the show's inception, content creation was largely isolated to a select few (Smosh, Rooster Teeth, Fred, etc) and even then, it wasn't live content generally. iCarly really showed what was in store for live streaming before it was even a real thing. And as the video points out, it's likely the creators had no idea their children's sitcom would foreshadow a future like today (cuz it was apparent multiple times throughout the video that writers likely had a very surface level idea of what logistics are involved in the Internet and video production).

Aside from that, at 2 seasons in (3 hour mark, I needed to go to bed at some point) there's been some very... Odd decisions in regards to how it portrayed some things with characters (which, as an aside, it was very uncommon for children's sitcoms to have characters with any sort of complexity beyond surface level comedic value, so this was very unique to the show). Writers seemed to have an idea of what was acceptable level weird and what wasn't, and it made certain scenes and plotlines uncomfortable to observe (i.e. any neurodivergent character was the "unacceptable" level of weird, but hey, random hat party?? Sure thing)

I'm interested in seeing if the review covers the new show at all in a separate video cuz it happened to come out after this was posted. I had seen a few episodes of it myself, and it seemed to improve greatly on some aspects that were formerly considered "bad" but the comedy seemed to still be hit or miss (it was hit or miss during the original run IMO; something Dan Schneider's shows have declined on as his career progressed)

Lemme know if anyone of y'all have or are watching this cuz I'd love another perspective on it LOL
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Randomly got this recently in my recommendations, don't know why but it was...an interesting watch. Not for the faint hearted...now, do I watch some more like the Pokémon one?

Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Randomly got this recently in my recommendations, don't know why but it was...an interesting watch. Not for the faint hearted...now, do I watch some more like the Pokémon one?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current/Last Thing You Listened To? ShiraNoMai 529 151,152 Apr 12th, 2024, 09:30 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Your Current Device Wallpaper/Lock Screen? Moonface 20 6,784 Apr 4th, 2024, 03:59 PM
Last Post: queenzelda
  You Change the Colour of One Thing. What Happens? Moonface 4 3,897 Jun 15th, 2020, 01:52 AM
Last Post: Moonface