Current/Last Thing You Watched?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Nov 30th, 2020, 01:01 AM)Kyng Wrote:
The UK Snooker Championship.

It was Kyren Wilson vs. some guy I've never heard of. Not the most exciting match ever (since it's still the early rounds), but it's nice to have some live sport, at least Tongue .
Probably one of the few that can lack a live crowd and not feel weird, since it's usually pretty quiet anyway.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 

It was Kyren Wilson vs. some guy I've never heard of. Not the most exciting match ever (since it's still the early rounds), but it's nice to have some live sport, at least Tongue .
Probably one of the few that can lack a live crowd and not feel weird, since it's usually pretty quiet anyway.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
(Nov 30th, 2020, 01:05 AM)Moonface Wrote:

Yeah, it doesn't feel too weird without a live crowd (though it is noticeable - because, while the crowd is small, it's very close to the action).

They do try to replicate the 'clapping' noises, but it's not very convincing at all... it sort of sounds like water running out of a drain Tongue .
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
(Nov 30th, 2020, 01:05 AM)Moonface Wrote:

Yeah, it doesn't feel too weird without a live crowd (though it is noticeable - because, while the crowd is small, it's very close to the action).

They do try to replicate the 'clapping' noises, but it's not very convincing at all... it sort of sounds like water running out of a drain Tongue .
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
NCIS on Amazon Prime, they keep postponing the date the whole series that they have leaves Prime for some reason. At first it was middle of December then 23rd, now 9th Jan.

Samurai Champloo on Amazon Prime. Up to Episode 11, ahh wish I watched it sooner but I'm happy I get to watch it now as something new.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
NCIS on Amazon Prime, they keep postponing the date the whole series that they have leaves Prime for some reason. At first it was middle of December then 23rd, now 9th Jan.

Samurai Champloo on Amazon Prime. Up to Episode 11, ahh wish I watched it sooner but I'm happy I get to watch it now as something new.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
Beat the Chasers.

Since I'm such a fan of The Chase, it's always great seeing all five of the Chasers (well, all five of the established ones Tongue ) in action together. Though, it was painful to watch one contestant blowing a near-certain £100k win :'( .
Kyng Offline
Rookie
Beat the Chasers.

Since I'm such a fan of The Chase, it's always great seeing all five of the Chasers (well, all five of the established ones Tongue ) in action together. Though, it was painful to watch one contestant blowing a near-certain £100k win :'( .
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jan 4th, 2021, 12:19 AM)Kyng Wrote:
Beat the Chasers.

So is this show like The Chase but the contestants go up against five chasers instead of one?

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Beat the Chasers.

So is this show like The Chase but the contestants go up against five chasers instead of one?
Kyng Offline
Rookie
(Jan 4th, 2021, 12:23 AM)Moonface Wrote:
Beat the Chasers.

In a way. The player gets to choose the number of Chasers they play against (anything from two up to five; the more Chasers they choose, the higher the prize)

Also, the quiz takes place in a 'chess clock' format, with the player having 60 seconds on their clock, and the Chasers having a set amount of time on their clock (usually somewhere between 30 and 60 seconds, with more time again attracting a higher prize for beating them). It's difficult, but not impossible. 

Anyway, I just watched the last in the series of that. One player won £50,000 by beating all five Chasers :O .
Kyng Offline
Rookie
(Jan 4th, 2021, 12:23 AM)Moonface Wrote:
Beat the Chasers.

In a way. The player gets to choose the number of Chasers they play against (anything from two up to five; the more Chasers they choose, the higher the prize)

Also, the quiz takes place in a 'chess clock' format, with the player having 60 seconds on their clock, and the Chasers having a set amount of time on their clock (usually somewhere between 30 and 60 seconds, with more time again attracting a higher prize for beating them). It's difficult, but not impossible. 

Anyway, I just watched the last in the series of that. One player won £50,000 by beating all five Chasers :O .
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Kyng: Sounds like they face off against each Chaser individually then? I doubt they would need to have the Chasers working in a team together given they tend to know a lot of stuff. Tongue

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Kyng: Sounds like they face off against each Chaser individually then? I doubt they would need to have the Chasers working in a team together given they tend to know a lot of stuff. Tongue
Pinky Offline
Newcomer
Favourite Platform(s)
Playstation
XP: 180
Eastenders from last night.
Pinky Offline
Newcomer
Favourite Platform(s)
Playstation
XP: 180
Eastenders from last night.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Finally finished BarbarousKing's Subnautica series today. Moony and I have been watching that for nearly a year now. It's certainly been a long time coming, basically watching a 23-movie marathon (they're all videos of roughly movie-length). Very good series, and that game is absolutely amazing. It's a shame it has such performance on PS4 (what he played on). Luckily his game only crashed on him once, and that was towards the end of his playthrough. He expressed concern over ever doing a "Hardcore" run for the game at some point because of that (being crushed by pop-ins, etc), but he recently replayed the game on Hardcore on his newly built PC and didn't encounter a lot of the same issues as he did on PS4 (aside from the pop-ins, though I recall them being less severe).
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Finally finished BarbarousKing's Subnautica series today. Moony and I have been watching that for nearly a year now. It's certainly been a long time coming, basically watching a 23-movie marathon (they're all videos of roughly movie-length). Very good series, and that game is absolutely amazing. It's a shame it has such performance on PS4 (what he played on). Luckily his game only crashed on him once, and that was towards the end of his playthrough. He expressed concern over ever doing a "Hardcore" run for the game at some point because of that (being crushed by pop-ins, etc), but he recently replayed the game on Hardcore on his newly built PC and didn't encounter a lot of the same issues as he did on PS4 (aside from the pop-ins, though I recall them being less severe).
Kyng Offline
Rookie
(Jan 12th, 2021, 06:56 PM)Moonface Wrote:

They do have the Chasers working together as a team Tongue . However, each Chaser has to buzz in and answer individually - and, since they're only human, they do screw up sometimes! 

And to illustrate my point about them "only being human", the last show I watched was a regular episode of The Chase. Only two contestants got through to the final, and they only set a target of 12... but then, the Chaser (Anne Hegerty) only made it to 5. That's the worst Final Chase performance I've ever seen...
Kyng Offline
Rookie
(Jan 12th, 2021, 06:56 PM)Moonface Wrote:

They do have the Chasers working together as a team Tongue . However, each Chaser has to buzz in and answer individually - and, since they're only human, they do screw up sometimes! 

And to illustrate my point about them "only being human", the last show I watched was a regular episode of The Chase. Only two contestants got through to the final, and they only set a target of 12... but then, the Chaser (Anne Hegerty) only made it to 5. That's the worst Final Chase performance I've ever seen...
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Rhod Gilbert and the Award Winning Mince Pie
I bought this on DVD over a decade ago and only just took it out of the shrink wrap last night to watch it with @ShiraNoMai. The show itself was funny, but it's even better with Shira because I have to pause and explain stuff to her like what a cistern is, what the countdown clock is on the bathrooms at motorway services, and let her know that $15 for a flight from Wales to Ireland is not the comedian talking bullshit and that flights in Europe are just stupid cheap. Just flying from England to Spain is only $40 for a round trip on the cheapest possible option. Sure, it probably isn't great for that price but considering that Alabama to Orlando is half the distance and something like a few hundred dollars for the cheapest option, I'd hope the latter is of better quality by a notable amount or it's just a ripoff in comparison. XD

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Rhod Gilbert and the Award Winning Mince Pie
I bought this on DVD over a decade ago and only just took it out of the shrink wrap last night to watch it with @ShiraNoMai. The show itself was funny, but it's even better with Shira because I have to pause and explain stuff to her like what a cistern is, what the countdown clock is on the bathrooms at motorway services, and let her know that $15 for a flight from Wales to Ireland is not the comedian talking bullshit and that flights in Europe are just stupid cheap. Just flying from England to Spain is only $40 for a round trip on the cheapest possible option. Sure, it probably isn't great for that price but considering that Alabama to Orlando is half the distance and something like a few hundred dollars for the cheapest option, I'd hope the latter is of better quality by a notable amount or it's just a ripoff in comparison. XD
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
GrandPooBear on Twitch:

Just saw him finish his 1000 No-Skip Expert Run. He had over 12k people watching (which are insane numbers for him) and it was such a big moment for him. He lost his last run at around the 600 level mark and he was so heartbroken. He also predicted his run would end with a 10 second speedrun level and it did XD
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
GrandPooBear on Twitch:

Just saw him finish his 1000 No-Skip Expert Run. He had over 12k people watching (which are insane numbers for him) and it was such a big moment for him. He lost his last run at around the 600 level mark and he was so heartbroken. He also predicted his run would end with a 10 second speedrun level and it did XD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jan 27th, 2021, 04:27 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
GrandPooBear on Twitch:

Oh shit he actually did it?! I wish I had known he was so close; I'd have absolutely tuned in. Hopefully it goes onto his YouTube so I can see the moment happen on there.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jan 27th, 2021, 04:27 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
GrandPooBear on Twitch:

Oh shit he actually did it?! I wish I had known he was so close; I'd have absolutely tuned in. Hopefully it goes onto his YouTube so I can see the moment happen on there.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yeah, I happened to catch it when he was a few levels away from the 1000 mark (I had been noticing his viewer count increasing on my sidebar). I can share the clip of the winning moment but I think it's probably best seeing all together. I'll watch the video with you when he posts it (it'll probably be at least a week away, I imagine; he's a bit backed up in YouTube content from the sounds of it XD )

This wasn't the last last thing I watched, but I saw this before bed last night and I couldn't take my eyes away from it: I actually almost watched the whole thing in a thumbnail overlay on the YouTube homepage ROFL

ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yeah, I happened to catch it when he was a few levels away from the 1000 mark (I had been noticing his viewer count increasing on my sidebar). I can share the clip of the winning moment but I think it's probably best seeing all together. I'll watch the video with you when he posts it (it'll probably be at least a week away, I imagine; he's a bit backed up in YouTube content from the sounds of it XD )

This wasn't the last last thing I watched, but I saw this before bed last night and I couldn't take my eyes away from it: I actually almost watched the whole thing in a thumbnail overlay on the YouTube homepage ROFL

Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
@ShiraNoMai What game was GrandPooBear playing? You didn't mention it, unless you posted it before/somewhere else.
Also that YouTube still for the Pokémon video, it's already to know that person is awesome at what they do. Will watch soon.

Watched Savjz on Twitch and Kripparian on YouTube playing Hearthestone Battlegrounds last night....plus other YouTube vids. Before that was watching NCIS Episodes 7-9 of Season 5.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
@ShiraNoMai What game was GrandPooBear playing? You didn't mention it, unless you posted it before/somewhere else.
Also that YouTube still for the Pokémon video, it's already to know that person is awesome at what they do. Will watch soon.

Watched Savjz on Twitch and Kripparian on YouTube playing Hearthestone Battlegrounds last night....plus other YouTube vids. Before that was watching NCIS Episodes 7-9 of Season 5.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current/Last Thing You Listened To? ShiraNoMai 522 147,745 Mar 26th, 2024, 08:29 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Your Current Device Wallpaper/Lock Screen? Moonface 18 6,624 Jul 20th, 2023, 11:44 PM
  You Change the Colour of One Thing. What Happens? Moonface 4 3,843 Jun 15th, 2020, 01:52 AM