Current/Last Thing You Watched?
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,944
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
A movie called "Le Mans" from 1971, about the world-famous 24-hour motor race that takes place there every year. The race depicted in the movie was fictional; however, it did include some footage from the actual 1970 race.

I thought it was pretty good for if you're nostalgic about classic motorsport, or you just want to see some action!
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,944 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
A movie called "Le Mans" from 1971, about the world-famous 24-hour motor race that takes place there every year. The race depicted in the movie was fictional; however, it did include some footage from the actual 1970 race.

I thought it was pretty good for if you're nostalgic about classic motorsport, or you just want to see some action!
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,187
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
(Jan 31st, 2021, 12:38 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
@ShiraNoMai What game was GrandPooBear playing? You didn't mention it, unless you posted it before/somewhere else.
I forget that normal people don't know what "No Skip Expert" means ROFL The game is Super Mario Maker 2 lol There's a mode called "Endless" and after choosing your difficulty (Easy, Normal, Expert, Super Expert) you can play randomly selected user levels with a clear rate that matches the chosen difficulty. The "no skip" part refers to opting to not skip any level you encounter, which is extra challenging when you encounter unusually low clear rate levels.

Been watching so much Mario content lately that it's strange to think outside of that community's bubble. XD
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,187 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
(Jan 31st, 2021, 12:38 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
@ShiraNoMai What game was GrandPooBear playing? You didn't mention it, unless you posted it before/somewhere else.
I forget that normal people don't know what "No Skip Expert" means ROFL The game is Super Mario Maker 2 lol There's a mode called "Endless" and after choosing your difficulty (Easy, Normal, Expert, Super Expert) you can play randomly selected user levels with a clear rate that matches the chosen difficulty. The "no skip" part refers to opting to not skip any level you encounter, which is extra challenging when you encounter unusually low clear rate levels.

Been watching so much Mario content lately that it's strange to think outside of that community's bubble. XD
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,736
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Last thing I watched was the glorious spanking that Tom Brady and the Buccaneers delivered to Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs. Was absolutely wonderful to witness.
2023 Platinum Goal: 2/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Tunic
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,736 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Last thing I watched was the glorious spanking that Tom Brady and the Buccaneers delivered to Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs. Was absolutely wonderful to witness.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,187
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I saw the score in the end, gahd dayum was that a whoopin'. Which quarter did most of the scoring happen?

Last saw some episodes of season 3 of Working!!!. It's great coming back to this show after like 6 years since it aired. It's so damn funny
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,187 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I saw the score in the end, gahd dayum was that a whoopin'. Which quarter did most of the scoring happen?

Last saw some episodes of season 3 of Working!!!. It's great coming back to this show after like 6 years since it aired. It's so damn funny
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Wached Maniak's video, Good Morning Mythical, Savjz and Dark Souls bosses fighting other AI bosses/enemies (example) all this morning and recently. XD
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Wached Maniak's video, Good Morning Mythical, Savjz and Dark Souls bosses fighting other AI bosses/enemies (example) all this morning and recently. XD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,667
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 

Love this person's work. If you've never watched any of it then I strongly recommend checking it out!
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,667 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 

Love this person's work. If you've never watched any of it then I strongly recommend checking it out!
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,736
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Feb 11th, 2021, 05:19 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

The second quarter had the most scoring. The Chiefs scored 3 in the first, 3 in the second, 3 in the third and 0 in the fourth. Tampa scored 7 in the first, 14 in the second, 10 in the third and 0 in the fourth. Though going into the fourth with a 31-9 lead pretty much meant that they could take it easy and not score again as long as they kept the Chiefs from scoring too much. In the end the Chiefs prevented themselves scoring so much that Tampa didn't have to do a whole lot.
2023 Platinum Goal: 2/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Tunic
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,736 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Feb 11th, 2021, 05:19 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

The second quarter had the most scoring. The Chiefs scored 3 in the first, 3 in the second, 3 in the third and 0 in the fourth. Tampa scored 7 in the first, 14 in the second, 10 in the third and 0 in the fourth. Though going into the fourth with a 31-9 lead pretty much meant that they could take it easy and not score again as long as they kept the Chiefs from scoring too much. In the end the Chiefs prevented themselves scoring so much that Tampa didn't have to do a whole lot.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
(Feb 14th, 2021, 07:09 PM)Moonface Wrote:

That's what I watched last night too. They were building up to this in their past videos and it's a 18 minute long epic. XD I really enjoyed it.

Also just after I caught a bit of Savjz (who finished very early) and Trihex on twitch, didn't watch latter for long as it was getting late.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
(Feb 14th, 2021, 07:09 PM)Moonface Wrote:

That's what I watched last night too. They were building up to this in their past videos and it's a 18 minute long epic. XD I really enjoyed it.

Also just after I caught a bit of Savjz (who finished very early) and Trihex on twitch, didn't watch latter for long as it was getting late.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Whatever the latest episode of the new Digimon Adventure series is. I haven't really liked an episode of this for a bit now, and often come away unsatisfied with what I watched. I was going to write what my feelings are, but it seems various critics have done it already:
Wikipedia Wrote:
Digimon Adventure: is "The Worst Anime of 2020" for Anime News Network; according to Christopher Farris of the editorial team, the anime is a "shallow, rudderless effort. It brings me no joy to declare the reboot as being this kind of failure; [...] a wasted attempt. Digimon Adventure: tosses out so much of the exploration, weird mystery, and quirky character work that defined the 1999 classic in favor of exhaustingly escalating fight scenes and unearned power-ups. A series set to run for 60+ episodes must have some degree of planning behind it, but this show regularly feels like the staff have no idea what they're doing and just stalling for time."

For Laura Thornton of Comic Book Resources, Digimon Adventure: has a "fatigued story"; "a show with a single-minded focus: getting its characters from point A to point B while creating spectacle through life-or-death battles... Every. Episode. And it gets tiring, not just for the characters, but for the audience as well.", by highlighting more than 16 episodes straight [out of 30] of non-stop battles, she explains the importance of the fun, light-hearted episodes in the original series "that allowed the first series to be so memorable -- by leveraging the juxtaposition between the fierce fights and silly situations, the original Digimon Adventure was able to make us cry, cheer and laugh within the space of a single episode without it seeming out of place.", but also with more modern models such as My Hero Academia or Avatar: The Last Airbender; "the constant spectacle of over-the-top fights has long grown stale."; "While finally reintroducing some talking Digimon -- rather than making them proper characters with a culture or unique problem -- the show basically turns into damsels in distress, victims who must be protected by Taichi."; she also mentions "many questionable choices", including "the hyper-focusing on Taichi, sidelining the other DigiDestined in favor of episode after episode of showdowns.".
I really can't add more. Too much stuff doesn't feel earned and gets repetitive, and the story feels like it just exists with no development made to it. I am so sick of seeing Tokyo once again being a target for some devastating attack that gets stopped by an asspull with 1-10 seconds left on the clock. I think it's happened maybe three times by now in 38 episodes to the point I almost wish Tokyo would get blown up so maybe for once something else can happen.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Whatever the latest episode of the new Digimon Adventure series is. I haven't really liked an episode of this for a bit now, and often come away unsatisfied with what I watched. I was going to write what my feelings are, but it seems various critics have done it already:
Wikipedia Wrote:
Digimon Adventure: is "The Worst Anime of 2020" for Anime News Network; according to Christopher Farris of the editorial team, the anime is a "shallow, rudderless effort. It brings me no joy to declare the reboot as being this kind of failure; [...] a wasted attempt. Digimon Adventure: tosses out so much of the exploration, weird mystery, and quirky character work that defined the 1999 classic in favor of exhaustingly escalating fight scenes and unearned power-ups. A series set to run for 60+ episodes must have some degree of planning behind it, but this show regularly feels like the staff have no idea what they're doing and just stalling for time."

For Laura Thornton of Comic Book Resources, Digimon Adventure: has a "fatigued story"; "a show with a single-minded focus: getting its characters from point A to point B while creating spectacle through life-or-death battles... Every. Episode. And it gets tiring, not just for the characters, but for the audience as well.", by highlighting more than 16 episodes straight [out of 30] of non-stop battles, she explains the importance of the fun, light-hearted episodes in the original series "that allowed the first series to be so memorable -- by leveraging the juxtaposition between the fierce fights and silly situations, the original Digimon Adventure was able to make us cry, cheer and laugh within the space of a single episode without it seeming out of place.", but also with more modern models such as My Hero Academia or Avatar: The Last Airbender; "the constant spectacle of over-the-top fights has long grown stale."; "While finally reintroducing some talking Digimon -- rather than making them proper characters with a culture or unique problem -- the show basically turns into damsels in distress, victims who must be protected by Taichi."; she also mentions "many questionable choices", including "the hyper-focusing on Taichi, sidelining the other DigiDestined in favor of episode after episode of showdowns.".
I really can't add more. Too much stuff doesn't feel earned and gets repetitive, and the story feels like it just exists with no development made to it. I am so sick of seeing Tokyo once again being a target for some devastating attack that gets stopped by an asspull with 1-10 seconds left on the clock. I think it's happened maybe three times by now in 38 episodes to the point I almost wish Tokyo would get blown up so maybe for once something else can happen.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,821
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Seeing that makes me a sad Guilmon Cricket. Well, at least there's still Digimon Universe App Monsters. That one is pretty good.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,821 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Seeing that makes me a sad Guilmon Cricket. Well, at least there's still Digimon Universe App Monsters. That one is pretty good.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
It started off good, but I feel like once they dealt with Devimon the show pushed the story to the back burner. Some stuff like evolutions feels like it's coming on really fast, while other stuff is just existing to the point it's losing impact. So far everyone has an Ultimate form, and Tai has two Mega forms, and the next big bad has yet to be more than an allusion. When every fight since Devimon has been "Just evolve and nuke it" you can't really buy into the idea that any future threats will matter because the precedent is being set that we'll just evolve and nuke that too. Evolve and nuke has got so bad that Gatomon has been introduced and evolved already, and both of those events took place over three episodes total.

I don't remember it feeling like this with the first arc, but since Devimon was defeated it's become very prevalent.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
It started off good, but I feel like once they dealt with Devimon the show pushed the story to the back burner. Some stuff like evolutions feels like it's coming on really fast, while other stuff is just existing to the point it's losing impact. So far everyone has an Ultimate form, and Tai has two Mega forms, and the next big bad has yet to be more than an allusion. When every fight since Devimon has been "Just evolve and nuke it" you can't really buy into the idea that any future threats will matter because the precedent is being set that we'll just evolve and nuke that too. Evolve and nuke has got so bad that Gatomon has been introduced and evolved already, and both of those events took place over three episodes total.

I don't remember it feeling like this with the first arc, but since Devimon was defeated it's become very prevalent.
Pinky Offline
Newcomer
Favourite Platform(s)
Playstation
XP: 180
Guardians of the Wild
Pinky Offline
Newcomer
Favourite Platform(s)
Playstation
XP: 180
Guardians of the Wild
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
More NCIS episodes in Season 6. Still intend to watch until S13 then that's it for me.

Also a bit Twitch and YT.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
More NCIS episodes in Season 6. Still intend to watch until S13 then that's it for me.

Also a bit Twitch and YT.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,944
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
The Chase.

It was a celebrity special, but it wasn't a particularly memorable one - and it was one I'd seen before. But there wasn't much else on Tongue .
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,944 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
The Chase.

It was a celebrity special, but it wasn't a particularly memorable one - and it was one I'd seen before. But there wasn't much else on Tongue .
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm still watching it, but I'm watching Trihex right now and I just had to post about it now because he just had a video on of LowTierGod constantly malding in fighting games like Tekken 7 and Smash Ultimate. He kept getting his arse kicked and either rage quit the game or would claim "it takes no skill to pull the same combo" or "I got bored of fighting against Kirby" like...if it takes no skill to repeat a combo then surely you should be able to defend against it? I've never heard of this guy until now but he might just be the saltiest bitch I'll ever see on Twitch. ROFL

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm still watching it, but I'm watching Trihex right now and I just had to post about it now because he just had a video on of LowTierGod constantly malding in fighting games like Tekken 7 and Smash Ultimate. He kept getting his arse kicked and either rage quit the game or would claim "it takes no skill to pull the same combo" or "I got bored of fighting against Kirby" like...if it takes no skill to repeat a combo then surely you should be able to defend against it? I've never heard of this guy until now but he might just be the saltiest bitch I'll ever see on Twitch. ROFL

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current/Last Thing You Listened To? ShiraNoMai 529 150,941 Apr 12th, 2024, 09:30 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Your Current Device Wallpaper/Lock Screen? Moonface 20 6,774 Apr 4th, 2024, 03:59 PM
Last Post: queenzelda
  You Change the Colour of One Thing. What Happens? Moonface 4 3,893 Jun 15th, 2020, 01:52 AM
Last Post: Moonface