Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tekken 7 | BBCTB | Super Bomberman R | Others likely
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Uncharted Rayman Tekken 
A good entrance into the Studio Ghibli films. Enjoy, Nightingale. I still need to see quite a few others myself.

News or rather part of the parade going on around 11AM today on TV. Before that some Green Arrow episode Friday evening.

Watched Huntsman Winter's War last weekend. Screw the reception it received, yes wasn't brilliant, but I enjoyed it.
[Image: Hazamasig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Tekken 7 | BBCTB | Super Bomberman R | Others likely
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
A good entrance into the Studio Ghibli films. Enjoy, Nightingale. I still need to see quite a few others myself.

News or rather part of the parade going on around 11AM today on TV. Before that some Green Arrow episode Friday evening.

Watched Huntsman Winter's War last weekend. Screw the reception it received, yes wasn't brilliant, but I enjoyed it.
Moonface Offline
Long live the dragon king!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Minecraft (PC), Octopath Traveler (NS)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
LittleBigPlanet Ratchet & Clank Crash Bandicoot 
(11-11-2018, 05:36 PM)Nightingale Wrote:
I watched "Kiki's Delivery Service" last (my first Studio Ghibli film).

Honestly, I don't think it's a masterpiece or anything, but it is oh so incredibly charming. It's hard to watch it without going "awww" every three seconds and, for me at least, that's also a sign of quality film-making. Really impressed by this product and will continue on with works by the same studio.
I agree with this. It isn't anything amazing, but the charm is what makes it such a good watch. I find that with most Studio Ghibli movies, they're either a masterpiece or just incredibly charming. A few such as Arrietty don't manage to hit either of those notes, but fortunately they're the exception to the rule.
[Image: file.php?id=3006934]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!

[Image: ForumAbilitiesSig.gif]
Moonface Offline
Long live the dragon king!
Currently Playing
Minecraft (PC), Octopath Traveler (NS)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
(11-11-2018, 05:36 PM)Nightingale Wrote:
I watched "Kiki's Delivery Service" last (my first Studio Ghibli film).

Honestly, I don't think it's a masterpiece or anything, but it is oh so incredibly charming. It's hard to watch it without going "awww" every three seconds and, for me at least, that's also a sign of quality film-making. Really impressed by this product and will continue on with works by the same studio.
I agree with this. It isn't anything amazing, but the charm is what makes it such a good watch. I find that with most Studio Ghibli movies, they're either a masterpiece or just incredibly charming. A few such as Arrietty don't manage to hit either of those notes, but fortunately they're the exception to the rule.
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
Terraria Splatoon Overwatch 
I watched two more since posting that: Spirited Away and My Neighbor Totoro.

I have spent the last seventeen years hearing nothing but great things about the first film, with multiple sources claiming it was the definitive traditionally-animated film and a must-watch for everyone even slightly interested in animation.

I fought tooth and nail against the idea, since I couldn't believe such a thing existed, but I finally caved in and gave it a watch.

...To say I'm blown away is the understatement of a life time. It's almost giving me an existential crisis, it's so good.

Unfortunately, songs aside, I got largely bored by Totoro. Seems like it builds up to no delivery.
When leaves have fallen.
And skies turned to grey.
The night keeps on closing in on the day.
A nightingale sings his song of farewell.
You better hide from her freezing hell. ~ Ice Queen, Within Temptation.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
I watched two more since posting that: Spirited Away and My Neighbor Totoro.

I have spent the last seventeen years hearing nothing but great things about the first film, with multiple sources claiming it was the definitive traditionally-animated film and a must-watch for everyone even slightly interested in animation.

I fought tooth and nail against the idea, since I couldn't believe such a thing existed, but I finally caved in and gave it a watch.

...To say I'm blown away is the understatement of a life time. It's almost giving me an existential crisis, it's so good.

Unfortunately, songs aside, I got largely bored by Totoro. Seems like it builds up to no delivery.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Last Thing You Listened To ShiraNoMai 66 3,114 10-11-2018, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Nemomon