Amusement Parks & Rides
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,544
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
What amusement parks have you gone to, or want to go to? Which rides have you been on that you loved/hated?

Parks I've been to are Disneyland Paris (2x), Disneyworld (3x?), Thorpe Park (1x), Chessington World of Adventures (2x?), Universal Islands of Adventure, Universal Volcano Bay, Adventure Island (too many times to count), Clacton Pier (1x), and South Florida Fair (2x). I know some aren't maybe parks but they have rides and amusements so they can count. Tongue
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,544 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
What amusement parks have you gone to, or want to go to? Which rides have you been on that you loved/hated?

Parks I've been to are Disneyland Paris (2x), Disneyworld (3x?), Thorpe Park (1x), Chessington World of Adventures (2x?), Universal Islands of Adventure, Universal Volcano Bay, Adventure Island (too many times to count), Clacton Pier (1x), and South Florida Fair (2x). I know some aren't maybe parks but they have rides and amusements so they can count. Tongue
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,121
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I can't remember being at many amusement parks, only ones more recently or a standout one. Southend Pier, Clacton Pier (both quite a lot when younger, but in uni to now wasn't really going there for attractions), Walton Pier, Legoland (definitely once, possibly twice), Isle of Wight's Blackgang Chine (twice I know of), Volcano Bay and Magic Kingdom. Quite possibly others that I simply cannot recall.

I believe I may have developed a fear of rides that involve falling or sliding down, especially if I can't see what's coming. After the three rides at Volcano Bay and Magic Kingdom's Splash Mountain I didn't enjoy any of them as I was pretty much having panic attacks in the falls. I didn't want to go on any other rides them at the time or since, and even thinking about it gives me a little anxiety (very minor at the moment) I've always had dreams where I wake up from a fall before then, though. Also probably because of my first time on a ride like the first ride I had in Volcano Bay in a very very long time was where I had to start with my back, and facing away from the route down. I don't think I actually ever enjoyed a rollercoaster, and that I got stuck in a water tube at a different amusement park when younger. I just hoped I would be alright but wasn't.

Lazy River and Fearless River are "rides" for me though, I would go back to Volcano Bay just for them. XD And try any other ride or pool that didn't involve going down a tube.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,121 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I can't remember being at many amusement parks, only ones more recently or a standout one. Southend Pier, Clacton Pier (both quite a lot when younger, but in uni to now wasn't really going there for attractions), Walton Pier, Legoland (definitely once, possibly twice), Isle of Wight's Blackgang Chine (twice I know of), Volcano Bay and Magic Kingdom. Quite possibly others that I simply cannot recall.

I believe I may have developed a fear of rides that involve falling or sliding down, especially if I can't see what's coming. After the three rides at Volcano Bay and Magic Kingdom's Splash Mountain I didn't enjoy any of them as I was pretty much having panic attacks in the falls. I didn't want to go on any other rides them at the time or since, and even thinking about it gives me a little anxiety (very minor at the moment) I've always had dreams where I wake up from a fall before then, though. Also probably because of my first time on a ride like the first ride I had in Volcano Bay in a very very long time was where I had to start with my back, and facing away from the route down. I don't think I actually ever enjoyed a rollercoaster, and that I got stuck in a water tube at a different amusement park when younger. I just hoped I would be alright but wasn't.

Lazy River and Fearless River are "rides" for me though, I would go back to Volcano Bay just for them. XD And try any other ride or pool that didn't involve going down a tube.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 23rd, 2020, 04:07 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
I believe I may have developed a fear of rides that involve falling or sliding down, especially if I can't see what's coming. After the three rides at Volcano Bay and Magic Kingdom's Splash Mountain I didn't enjoy any of them as I was pretty much having panic attacks in the falls. I didn't want to go on any other rides them at the time or since, and even thinking about it gives me a little anxiety (very minor at the moment) I've always had dreams where I wake up from a fall before then, though.
Everyone else present thought you just wasn't impressed with the parks period and found them boring. I didn't realise you hadn't coped well on some of the rides and that it had turned you off from doing more. D=

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 23rd, 2020, 04:07 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
I believe I may have developed a fear of rides that involve falling or sliding down, especially if I can't see what's coming. After the three rides at Volcano Bay and Magic Kingdom's Splash Mountain I didn't enjoy any of them as I was pretty much having panic attacks in the falls. I didn't want to go on any other rides them at the time or since, and even thinking about it gives me a little anxiety (very minor at the moment) I've always had dreams where I wake up from a fall before then, though.
Everyone else present thought you just wasn't impressed with the parks period and found them boring. I didn't realise you hadn't coped well on some of the rides and that it had turned you off from doing more. D=
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
(Aug 24th, 2020, 06:48 PM)Moonface Wrote:

I did enjoy the two places for the most part. I had goggles on at Volcano Bay, only wore them on the two rides, I needed them for not getting water in my eyes. Hid that I still closed my eyes both times. Can't believe I went did the second, well I convinced myself it was because of sitting backwards first. Then when I got to the top even with the feeling of dread building up, tried to tell myself to get over it but to no avail. Same with Splash Mountain, I eventually decided to join you to get over it as it was only one long fall, surely I can do that. That didn't work either. Eh, I need to find a ride that's easier than them or to never go on those.

There's one ride I know I'll never go on, believe it was at Volcano Bay and also one similar on a YouTube video. It's where to stand up right on a platform, arms on chest, and then they release the platform and fall straight down I think, into a body of water at the bottom of course. No way, even if I didn't the fear I still wouldn't want to do that. XD
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
(Aug 24th, 2020, 06:48 PM)Moonface Wrote:

I did enjoy the two places for the most part. I had goggles on at Volcano Bay, only wore them on the two rides, I needed them for not getting water in my eyes. Hid that I still closed my eyes both times. Can't believe I went did the second, well I convinced myself it was because of sitting backwards first. Then when I got to the top even with the feeling of dread building up, tried to tell myself to get over it but to no avail. Same with Splash Mountain, I eventually decided to join you to get over it as it was only one long fall, surely I can do that. That didn't work either. Eh, I need to find a ride that's easier than them or to never go on those.

There's one ride I know I'll never go on, believe it was at Volcano Bay and also one similar on a YouTube video. It's where to stand up right on a platform, arms on chest, and then they release the platform and fall straight down I think, into a body of water at the bottom of course. No way, even if I didn't the fear I still wouldn't want to do that. XD
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 27th, 2020, 01:11 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Oh, I know the ride. Even I'm very wary of doing that ride, just because of the start. If I was laying down and got released I wouldn't care; it's the standing up that does it. Although no matter how much I'd want to ride it I am not waiting in a three hour virtual line for it.

Which ride did you go on at VC that had you start backwards? I can't remember the ride off the top of my head. Hmm

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 27th, 2020, 01:11 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Oh, I know the ride. Even I'm very wary of doing that ride, just because of the start. If I was laying down and got released I wouldn't care; it's the standing up that does it. Although no matter how much I'd want to ride it I am not waiting in a three hour virtual line for it.

Which ride did you go on at VC that had you start backwards? I can't remember the ride off the top of my head. Hmm
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,211
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I'm wondering if he's referring to a group tube ride where there's a chance you can be spin in backwards when the pool guard shoves you down the ride. I hate that, too, tbh. There's one ride in particular that I hate that for, and that's at Rapids Water Park here in South Florida.

It's one of those funnel tube looking ones where you ramp up and down the sides after dropping in with the tube. The only thing is, it's completely enclosed. It's pitch black. The idea of falling out of a ride, which is totally reliant on your ability to grip, in a black abyss where you won't know what's coming or how to find your way out, is not my cup of tea, I must say lol
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,211 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I'm wondering if he's referring to a group tube ride where there's a chance you can be spin in backwards when the pool guard shoves you down the ride. I hate that, too, tbh. There's one ride in particular that I hate that for, and that's at Rapids Water Park here in South Florida.

It's one of those funnel tube looking ones where you ramp up and down the sides after dropping in with the tube. The only thing is, it's completely enclosed. It's pitch black. The idea of falling out of a ride, which is totally reliant on your ability to grip, in a black abyss where you won't know what's coming or how to find your way out, is not my cup of tea, I must say lol
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
(Aug 27th, 2020, 03:43 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Ah, you don't particularly like that one too. XD 

Yeah Shira's right it's one of those. I was reading my notebook of the holiday on the weekend. The Honu Ika Moana rides that have you sit up to three people (remember seeing two people go in with one space empty), I believe we went on Honu first out of the two and that's where I started like that. Oka Moana I think I was on the side but I can't remember where I sat. In the photo shot I got from one of them it's look like I was looking back where we were going, but I don't think I really was. Did open my eyes a few times so maybe that moment I could've had... LOL I'm thinking I could maybe try a single version, but didn't have the courage at the time, nor been to a water park/ride since.
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
(Aug 27th, 2020, 03:43 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Ah, you don't particularly like that one too. XD 

Yeah Shira's right it's one of those. I was reading my notebook of the holiday on the weekend. The Honu Ika Moana rides that have you sit up to three people (remember seeing two people go in with one space empty), I believe we went on Honu first out of the two and that's where I started like that. Oka Moana I think I was on the side but I can't remember where I sat. In the photo shot I got from one of them it's look like I was looking back where we were going, but I don't think I really was. Did open my eyes a few times so maybe that moment I could've had... LOL I'm thinking I could maybe try a single version, but didn't have the courage at the time, nor been to a water park/ride since.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 3rd, 2020, 10:45 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
I'm thinking I could maybe try a single version, but didn't have the courage at the time, nor been to a water park/ride since.
To be fair would you really want to go to a water park in England considering the weather we get is rarely warm enough to even go to the beach? Whistle

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 3rd, 2020, 10:45 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
I'm thinking I could maybe try a single version, but didn't have the courage at the time, nor been to a water park/ride since.
To be fair would you really want to go to a water park in England considering the weather we get is rarely warm enough to even go to the beach? Whistle
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
@Moonface : Nah, I wouldn't really but if I happened to have someone to go with that wanted to go (I don't and won't do with family), I'd think about joining and trying a ride. XD
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
@Moonface : Nah, I wouldn't really but if I happened to have someone to go with that wanted to go (I don't and won't do with family), I'd think about joining and trying a ride. XD
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Turns out we apparently have a few water parks in the UK, and somehow I didn't consider the smart thing to do would be to have them be inside: https://blog.picniq.co.uk/our-favourite-waterparks/
The Alton Towers one looks sick! Wow

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Turns out we apparently have a few water parks in the UK, and somehow I didn't consider the smart thing to do would be to have them be inside: https://blog.picniq.co.uk/our-favourite-waterparks/
The Alton Towers one looks sick! Wow
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
The amount of times I've past the outside of the Colchester one, yet I forgot to think about indoor water parks. I like the look of both the Alton Towers and Calypso Cove from them images. Too bad some on the list don't give a good overall look what they have. I know it's only a Google search away though.
I remember going one or two but those were mostly just different kind of pools, or something and didn't really class them as water parks. One had a current type one similar to Lazy River but going in a square, short and had a deep middle section. I drifted in there and almost drowned and was saved when I shouldn't really have gone into that bit (there was a warning about people who can't swim/poor swimmers to stay away and I ignored it). I was much younger then.
I think Butlins might've had something along the lines of a water park. Been to Butlins once.
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
The amount of times I've past the outside of the Colchester one, yet I forgot to think about indoor water parks. I like the look of both the Alton Towers and Calypso Cove from them images. Too bad some on the list don't give a good overall look what they have. I know it's only a Google search away though.
I remember going one or two but those were mostly just different kind of pools, or something and didn't really class them as water parks. One had a current type one similar to Lazy River but going in a square, short and had a deep middle section. I drifted in there and almost drowned and was saved when I shouldn't really have gone into that bit (there was a warning about people who can't swim/poor swimmers to stay away and I ignored it). I was much younger then.
I think Butlins might've had something along the lines of a water park. Been to Butlins once.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,956
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Here are the ones I remember going to:

• Gulliver's World
  • Legoland Windsor
  • Camelot
  • Pleasureland Southport
  • Probably a couple more that have slipped my mind Tongue

Despite being an avid fan of RollerCoaster Tycoon, I've never really cared for real-life theme parks, and I completely avoided the bigger roller coasters. The only one I really enjoyed was Legoland: a highlight of that was the Driving School Tongue .
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,956 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Here are the ones I remember going to:

• Gulliver's World
  • Legoland Windsor
  • Camelot
  • Pleasureland Southport
  • Probably a couple more that have slipped my mind Tongue

Despite being an avid fan of RollerCoaster Tycoon, I've never really cared for real-life theme parks, and I completely avoided the bigger roller coasters. The only one I really enjoyed was Legoland: a highlight of that was the Driving School Tongue .
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 13th, 2020, 09:31 PM)Kyng Wrote:
Despite being an avid fan of RollerCoaster Tycoon, I've never really cared for real-life theme parks, and I completely avoided the bigger roller coasters.
Do you ever check out videos/images of real-life theme parks just to get ideas for your virtual ones? Tongue

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 13th, 2020, 09:31 PM)Kyng Wrote:
Despite being an avid fan of RollerCoaster Tycoon, I've never really cared for real-life theme parks, and I completely avoided the bigger roller coasters.
Do you ever check out videos/images of real-life theme parks just to get ideas for your virtual ones? Tongue
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
The amount of fun I had as a kid at Hershey Park is insane.

My dad actually worked as a painter for a painting company in PA. So he got to work on painting the rides and buildings in the park.

So with that, we got to go in for free. During the summer months it's where we'd go at least 2 times a month for around 4 or 5 years straight.

Needless to say, it's my favorite amusement park.

As far as rides, I HATE roller coasters. They make me sick. Now bumper cars on the other hand...I can wait hours in line just to ride or "play" bumper cars.
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
The amount of fun I had as a kid at Hershey Park is insane.

My dad actually worked as a painter for a painting company in PA. So he got to work on painting the rides and buildings in the park.

So with that, we got to go in for free. During the summer months it's where we'd go at least 2 times a month for around 4 or 5 years straight.

Needless to say, it's my favorite amusement park.

As far as rides, I HATE roller coasters. They make me sick. Now bumper cars on the other hand...I can wait hours in line just to ride or "play" bumper cars.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@"WrestleRacer91": I'm surprised you could go during the summer when it was likely the busiest period since I'd assume employee's would be given blackout dates to stop them having free trips during the busy season.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@"WrestleRacer91": I'm surprised you could go during the summer when it was likely the busiest period since I'd assume employee's would be given blackout dates to stop them having free trips during the busy season.