Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Finally, thank you so much even if I didn't exactly want a remake of PMTTYD but at least it's something. I'm degrading my initial reaction though so I'm genuinely happy, I just hope this Remaster does well enough so then they see this is the style for Paper Mario they should stick with. I don't mind them going a different route for the past 4 games, although three weren't for me. Or they don't/never but I'll just sit on the side with my Remaster.  =3
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Finally, thank you so much even if I didn't exactly want a remake of PMTTYD but at least it's something. I'm degrading my initial reaction though so I'm genuinely happy, I just hope this Remaster does well enough so then they see this is the style for Paper Mario they should stick with. I don't mind them going a different route for the past 4 games, although three weren't for me. Or they don't/never but I'll just sit on the side with my Remaster.  =3
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,168
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Yeah I'd love this game to sell so well it shows Miyamoto that people prefer this approach to Paper Mario over the later entries, and maybe it'll even dispel that stupid idea he has that there can't be new characters made for each installment of Paper Mario, even though they'll happily do that for regular Mario games. Errm

I wonder if the game will be a straight 1:1 or if it'll add stuff like how SMRPG Remake is doing. Hmm
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,168 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Yeah I'd love this game to sell so well it shows Miyamoto that people prefer this approach to Paper Mario over the later entries, and maybe it'll even dispel that stupid idea he has that there can't be new characters made for each installment of Paper Mario, even though they'll happily do that for regular Mario games. Errm

I wonder if the game will be a straight 1:1 or if it'll add stuff like how SMRPG Remake is doing. Hmm
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
My husband and I think the Paper Mario series was divided by the Mario and Luigi RPG game's where the characters in that did have names. But with the Mario and Luigi rpg series gone, it's open for fresh new possibilities. I love all the Mario RPG games. We're eating hearty on the Nintendo train bois and girlz.
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
My husband and I think the Paper Mario series was divided by the Mario and Luigi RPG game's where the characters in that did have names. But with the Mario and Luigi rpg series gone, it's open for fresh new possibilities. I love all the Mario RPG games. We're eating hearty on the Nintendo train bois and girlz.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I started on M&L Superstar Saga, being my first RPG and is still my second favourite Mario game but yeah perhaps there's some truth to M&L and PM being divided in some sense during that period. The first PM being set in Mushroom Kingdom, first M&L was set in a neighbouring kingdom which had new species and characters to focus on with some familiarity to enemies we've seen before (Bean enemy being like a Goomba, Koopa versions in Beanbean) then PM went to Rogueport and M&L stayed roughly in MK but in the past, then Super Paper Mario had a mix, Bowser's Inside story was sort of a mix...well Bowser's insides was certainly different. XD Then perhaps got to a point of needing too much new stuff for both series they settled on more basic stuff later on.

I also wonder if there'll be new stuff but hopefully nothing like being able to damage multiple enemies from the get-go or that was an ability to gain but it wasn't clear. So hopefully not to the gameplay but I'm thinking it'll be more 1:1 for like 95% perhaps because I would like to see there being new post-game stuff as even if you beat Pit of 100 Trials before the final boss then all that's left is doing the handful of extra Requests and visiting the other areas to see NPCs. Eh if not and it is 100% a 1:1 then that's still OK with me.
Yo, I'm going to try a Pre-Hooktail Pit Run in my first playthrough! *shot* Darn wish I did more runs since the one I recorded.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I started on M&L Superstar Saga, being my first RPG and is still my second favourite Mario game but yeah perhaps there's some truth to M&L and PM being divided in some sense during that period. The first PM being set in Mushroom Kingdom, first M&L was set in a neighbouring kingdom which had new species and characters to focus on with some familiarity to enemies we've seen before (Bean enemy being like a Goomba, Koopa versions in Beanbean) then PM went to Rogueport and M&L stayed roughly in MK but in the past, then Super Paper Mario had a mix, Bowser's Inside story was sort of a mix...well Bowser's insides was certainly different. XD Then perhaps got to a point of needing too much new stuff for both series they settled on more basic stuff later on.

I also wonder if there'll be new stuff but hopefully nothing like being able to damage multiple enemies from the get-go or that was an ability to gain but it wasn't clear. So hopefully not to the gameplay but I'm thinking it'll be more 1:1 for like 95% perhaps because I would like to see there being new post-game stuff as even if you beat Pit of 100 Trials before the final boss then all that's left is doing the handful of extra Requests and visiting the other areas to see NPCs. Eh if not and it is 100% a 1:1 then that's still OK with me.
Yo, I'm going to try a Pre-Hooktail Pit Run in my first playthrough! *shot* Darn wish I did more runs since the one I recorded.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 17th, 2023, 08:33 PM)queenzelda Wrote:
My husband and I think the Paper Mario series was divided by the Mario and Luigi RPG game's where the characters in that did have names.
This is a possibility since Miyamoto left Paper Mario after TTYD but was still working on Mario & Luigi until 2005. I don't know how that series handled characters post Partners in Time though, which is after Miyamoto left. If the character originality declined I would suspect Miyamoto put the same restriction on that series as he did Paper Mario, where if he isn't involved then he doesn't permit new characters to be created.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 17th, 2023, 08:33 PM)queenzelda Wrote:
My husband and I think the Paper Mario series was divided by the Mario and Luigi RPG game's where the characters in that did have names.
This is a possibility since Miyamoto left Paper Mario after TTYD but was still working on Mario & Luigi until 2005. I don't know how that series handled characters post Partners in Time though, which is after Miyamoto left. If the character originality declined I would suspect Miyamoto put the same restriction on that series as he did Paper Mario, where if he isn't involved then he doesn't permit new characters to be created.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I watched someone on youtube explained why the game is coming out, so I thought it would make for an interesting conversation starter:
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I watched someone on youtube explained why the game is coming out, so I thought it would make for an interesting conversation starter:
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door | Remaster Release Date
As part of Mar10 Day yesterday, Nintendo revealed that the remaster of Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door will be released on May 23rd.

Nintendo didn't put out a video specifically for this news, but it seems various things came out around the Internet which were combined into this video:

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door | Remaster Release Date
As part of Mar10 Day yesterday, Nintendo revealed that the remaster of Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door will be released on May 23rd.

Nintendo didn't put out a video specifically for this news, but it seems various things came out around the Internet which were combined into this video:

Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Skipped the gameplay bit but watched the screenshots and artwork from that video. The only slight problem I have is being able to see the white edges the paper which you can also see against another part of the body, but I'll get used to it. Good to know the date finally though. I wonder if there'll be anything extra like what the M&L remakes got but I suppose it would've been leaked by now, or will be if there is anything else unrevealed yet.  Hmph
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Skipped the gameplay bit but watched the screenshots and artwork from that video. The only slight problem I have is being able to see the white edges the paper which you can also see against another part of the body, but I'll get used to it. Good to know the date finally though. I wonder if there'll be anything extra like what the M&L remakes got but I suppose it would've been leaked by now, or will be if there is anything else unrevealed yet.  Hmph

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dragon's Dogma (Series) Moonface 114 11,934 2 hours ago
Last Post: Moonface
  Pokémon (Series) | Feb. 27 Presents Summary Moonface 99 25,982 Mar 18th, 2024, 04:55 AM
Last Post: queenzelda
  Persona (Series) | P3R Episode Aigis – The Answer Revealed Moonface 19 1,270 Mar 9th, 2024, 03:57 AM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  NieR (Series) | NieR 3 Teased? Moonface 43 12,845 Mar 2nd, 2024, 12:39 AM
  Halo (Series) WR91 13 3,304 Feb 5th, 2024, 08:46 PM