Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes | New Release Date
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes
A brand new JRPG from Yoshitaka Murayama (Suikoden I & II) and Junko Kawano (Suikoden I & IV), in their first collaboration in 25 years.

Our story begins in one corner of Allraan, a tapestry of nations with diverse cultures and values. By dint of sword, and by way of magical objects known as “rune-lenses,” the land’s history has been shaped by the alliances and aggressions of the humans, beastmen, elves, and desert people who live there. The Galdean Empire has edged out other nations and discovered a technology that amplifies the rune-lenses’ magic. Now, the Empire is scouring the continent for an artifact that will expand their power even further. It is on one such expedition that Seign Kesling, a young and gifted imperial officer, and Nowa, a boy from a remote village, meet each other and become friends. However, a twist of fate will soon drag them into the fires of war, and force them both to reexamine everything they believe to be right and true. 

Anyone else excited to see more of this game? I haven't played Suikoden so I don't care about this game because of that, I just love the art style and it reminds me of Octopath Traveller. ^_^
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes
A brand new JRPG from Yoshitaka Murayama (Suikoden I & II) and Junko Kawano (Suikoden I & IV), in their first collaboration in 25 years.

Our story begins in one corner of Allraan, a tapestry of nations with diverse cultures and values. By dint of sword, and by way of magical objects known as “rune-lenses,” the land’s history has been shaped by the alliances and aggressions of the humans, beastmen, elves, and desert people who live there. The Galdean Empire has edged out other nations and discovered a technology that amplifies the rune-lenses’ magic. Now, the Empire is scouring the continent for an artifact that will expand their power even further. It is on one such expedition that Seign Kesling, a young and gifted imperial officer, and Nowa, a boy from a remote village, meet each other and become friends. However, a twist of fate will soon drag them into the fires of war, and force them both to reexamine everything they believe to be right and true. 

Anyone else excited to see more of this game? I haven't played Suikoden so I don't care about this game because of that, I just love the art style and it reminds me of Octopath Traveller. ^_^
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I'd love to replay Suikoden again with you so you'd experience it. It's one of those unique experiences with a whole bunch of likable characters and story beats that are fun.

That being said, I'm really looking forward to this. It looks gorgeous and I love the influences from the previous games that this got inspired by.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I'd love to replay Suikoden again with you so you'd experience it. It's one of those unique experiences with a whole bunch of likable characters and story beats that are fun.

That being said, I'm really looking forward to this. It looks gorgeous and I love the influences from the previous games that this got inspired by.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 22nd, 2020, 11:59 PM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
All of them or just particular ones? I dunno if the series ever had a low point or just stopped at a peak.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 22nd, 2020, 11:59 PM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
All of them or just particular ones? I dunno if the series ever had a low point or just stopped at a peak.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
1 and 2 are highly revered as the best in the series. 3-5 are the ones that get debated over in terms of quality (this also happens to be when the games shifted from 2D to 3D based). Think originally trilogy Crash Bandicoot versus post-NaughtyDog Crash Bandicoot.

This is why this game is really anticipated amongst past fans considering the two people involved were involved in those games.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
1 and 2 are highly revered as the best in the series. 3-5 are the ones that get debated over in terms of quality (this also happens to be when the games shifted from 2D to 3D based). Think originally trilogy Crash Bandicoot versus post-NaughtyDog Crash Bandicoot.

This is why this game is really anticipated amongst past fans considering the two people involved were involved in those games.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I've been keeping a close eye on this Kickstarter and have been heavily debating whether or not I want to donate to it. I've never played a Suikoden game, but as you pointed out, the art style is very Octopath-like and that has me interested. If I do give to it, I'll go for the 10,000 Yen tier for a physical copy of the game and a physical soundtrack CD.

Been a lot of very promising looking games popping up on Kickstarter lately. It's great to see. I just pledged to another one a couple of months back that looks like it's going to be really good as well.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I've been keeping a close eye on this Kickstarter and have been heavily debating whether or not I want to donate to it. I've never played a Suikoden game, but as you pointed out, the art style is very Octopath-like and that has me interested. If I do give to it, I'll go for the 10,000 Yen tier for a physical copy of the game and a physical soundtrack CD.

Been a lot of very promising looking games popping up on Kickstarter lately. It's great to see. I just pledged to another one a couple of months back that looks like it's going to be really good as well.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
That first 20 second trailer had me interested. Then saw it was a kickstarter and lost hope (I don't really follow or look for any), then saw backing for it and they're $4mil+ (481mil yen) at the moment, that's amazing. The combat animation, plus the Octopath-esque art style looks great.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
That first 20 second trailer had me interested. Then saw it was a kickstarter and lost hope (I don't really follow or look for any), then saw backing for it and they're $4mil+ (481mil yen) at the moment, that's amazing. The combat animation, plus the Octopath-esque art style looks great.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I believe the Kickstarter is over, so whatever funding they have is what it will stay at from the fans. The Kickstarter was intended to assist in getting a publisher and the funding that comes with that by showing how much interest this game has. The fact it generated so much more money than originally expected will hopefully make it very easy to get this to a publisher and get the team everything they need to make this the best game it can be.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I believe the Kickstarter is over, so whatever funding they have is what it will stay at from the fans. The Kickstarter was intended to assist in getting a publisher and the funding that comes with that by showing how much interest this game has. The fact it generated so much more money than originally expected will hopefully make it very easy to get this to a publisher and get the team everything they need to make this the best game it can be.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
The moment this game drops on pc, or where ever; I'm getting it.
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 3rd, 2020, 06:34 PM)sunshine queen Wrote:
From what I can tell it's coming to everything that can run it. PC is definitely confirmed because the beta is only taking place on that platform, and PlayStation and Xbox will obviously run the game fine. The only one that might be up in the air is Switch, but the game doesn't look like it would be too much for that system to handle from what we've seen so far. Since consoles were a stretch goal I assume PC is the primary platform and so if the releases are staggered for the platforms then PC should be the first one in line.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 3rd, 2020, 06:34 PM)sunshine queen Wrote:
From what I can tell it's coming to everything that can run it. PC is definitely confirmed because the beta is only taking place on that platform, and PlayStation and Xbox will obviously run the game fine. The only one that might be up in the air is Switch, but the game doesn't look like it would be too much for that system to handle from what we've seen so far. Since consoles were a stretch goal I assume PC is the primary platform and so if the releases are staggered for the platforms then PC should be the first one in line.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I'm so mad at myself. I forgot to keep track of how close the kickstarter was getting to being finished and ended up not getting a pledge in for the physical copy and shit.

Hoping they do a slacker campaign yet like a lot of Kickstarters do just so I can still have a chance to get a physical copy and some of the goodies I wanted.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I'm so mad at myself. I forgot to keep track of how close the kickstarter was getting to being finished and ended up not getting a pledge in for the physical copy and shit.

Hoping they do a slacker campaign yet like a lot of Kickstarters do just so I can still have a chance to get a physical copy and some of the goodies I wanted.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I heard that a lot of people didn't get a notification email that the project was ending despite following it and so missed out on backing the project. Hopefully there's enough cases that funding gets opened again for a grace period or there's at least another way to get the physical edition. Perhaps through Limited Run or something.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I heard that a lot of people didn't get a notification email that the project was ending despite following it and so missed out on backing the project. Hopefully there's enough cases that funding gets opened again for a grace period or there's at least another way to get the physical edition. Perhaps through Limited Run or something.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
E3 2021: Eiyuden Chronicles Announcements Trailer
Eiyuden Chronicles: Hundred Heroes will be launching in 2023, but before that there will be a new title, Eiyuden Chronicles Rising, launching in 2022.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
E3 2021: Eiyuden Chronicles Announcements Trailer
Eiyuden Chronicles: Hundred Heroes will be launching in 2023, but before that there will be a new title, Eiyuden Chronicles Rising, launching in 2022.

Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Interesting that they're going to launch a new title before the actual game that was Kickstarted is going to release.

Either way, looking forward to this game. Still annoyed that I forgot to back it on Kickstarter.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Interesting that they're going to launch a new title before the actual game that was Kickstarted is going to release.

Either way, looking forward to this game. Still annoyed that I forgot to back it on Kickstarter.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I wonder if they were making something for Hundred Heroes and decided it was big enough to be its own thing, like a prequel or something perhaps. The game is probably going to be something smaller since HH was likely started first yet Rising is coming out before it, although I wonder why there was no footage for it if it's going to be finished before HH.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I wonder if they were making something for Hundred Heroes and decided it was big enough to be its own thing, like a prequel or something perhaps. The game is probably going to be something smaller since HH was likely started first yet Rising is coming out before it, although I wonder why there was no footage for it if it's going to be finished before HH.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
So after a bit of investigating their Kickstarter and their now-live website, I've come to the conclusion that they did in fact mention on their Kickstarter about a companion game to go along with the main game (which gives its existence reason) and the description for it is as follows:

Eiyuden Chronicle Rising Summary Wrote:
Eiyuden Chronicle Rising is a town-building action RPG set in the same world as Eiyuden Chronicle. It weaves together the pre-war tales of various characters who will eventually become your companions in Eiyuden Chronicle. The game will introduce a portion of Eiyuden Chronicle’s cast of characters in an original story with thrilling action and engaging town-building elements. There might even be some small perks for players that link the game with Eiyuden Chronicles.

It appears to be a sort of lore prequel to the main game, similar to how Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity is to Breath of the Wild. Basically, if you're really interested in wanting to be invested in the characters and lore and can't wait for the full release, play this. It'll tide you over.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
So after a bit of investigating their Kickstarter and their now-live website, I've come to the conclusion that they did in fact mention on their Kickstarter about a companion game to go along with the main game (which gives its existence reason) and the description for it is as follows:

Eiyuden Chronicle Rising Summary Wrote:
Eiyuden Chronicle Rising is a town-building action RPG set in the same world as Eiyuden Chronicle. It weaves together the pre-war tales of various characters who will eventually become your companions in Eiyuden Chronicle. The game will introduce a portion of Eiyuden Chronicle’s cast of characters in an original story with thrilling action and engaging town-building elements. There might even be some small perks for players that link the game with Eiyuden Chronicles.

It appears to be a sort of lore prequel to the main game, similar to how Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity is to Breath of the Wild. Basically, if you're really interested in wanting to be invested in the characters and lore and can't wait for the full release, play this. It'll tide you over.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Final Fantasy XVI | DLC Trailer + Release Dates Moonface 19 2,408 Dec 8th, 2023, 04:50 AM
Last Post: Moonface