Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes | New Release Date
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I never realised the companion game had been mentioned prior to this, but that explains why Rising isn't randomly out of the blue or why it's coming first.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I never realised the companion game had been mentioned prior to this, but that explains why Rising isn't randomly out of the blue or why it's coming first.
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,021
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
One of the games I was interested in during E3. Thought it looked like something I saw before, so it is related to the Eiyuden kickstarter, nice. Hopefully as it's going to be a prequel that's smaller than the main game is then it won't be a full price game?
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,021 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
One of the games I was interested in during E3. Thought it looked like something I saw before, so it is related to the Eiyuden kickstarter, nice. Hopefully as it's going to be a prequel that's smaller than the main game is then it won't be a full price game?
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I imagine it would be EL, yeah. I also noticed (in the literal 3 seconds of gameplay you can see) that it's also in a different art and combat style. Don't know how I feel about that, but I'd like to see more as it gets closer to release. Can't say it'll be day-one for me to get Rising.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I imagine it would be EL, yeah. I also noticed (in the literal 3 seconds of gameplay you can see) that it's also in a different art and combat style. Don't know how I feel about that, but I'd like to see more as it gets closer to release. Can't say it'll be day-one for me to get Rising.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So an update was given by the developers for Hundred Heroes during E3 but was only available to backers on the Kickstarter page. I just came across it outside of there so here it is for everyone who either didn't know about it or can't access it:

Kickstarter Wrote:
We've already announced that we'll be releasing “Seign's story” as DLC1 and “Marisa's story” as DLC2 at regular intervals following the release of the main game. And with the Game Pass deal, we promise our backers that we will continue to enhance the quality and the content of Eiyuden Chronicle, while at the same time, giving back to you in a more tangible way.

The project of Eiyuden Chronicle, which you have nurtured with your kind support, is now ready to give its fruits back to you.

This was initially planned and the project was once cancelled due to funding reasons. But we are pleased to announce to you that we are creating “DLC3”!

To further add to this, this third DLC will be free to all backers, and will be created in collaboration with those same backers who will get to select what sort of DLC it is. There is no planned time for it to be created, as right now they are fully focused on the main game.

I didn't even know there were two DLC's coming for this, so to hear about that and a third is pretty neat. I wonder if they'll make more if the game sells really well on release.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So an update was given by the developers for Hundred Heroes during E3 but was only available to backers on the Kickstarter page. I just came across it outside of there so here it is for everyone who either didn't know about it or can't access it:

Kickstarter Wrote:
We've already announced that we'll be releasing “Seign's story” as DLC1 and “Marisa's story” as DLC2 at regular intervals following the release of the main game. And with the Game Pass deal, we promise our backers that we will continue to enhance the quality and the content of Eiyuden Chronicle, while at the same time, giving back to you in a more tangible way.

The project of Eiyuden Chronicle, which you have nurtured with your kind support, is now ready to give its fruits back to you.

This was initially planned and the project was once cancelled due to funding reasons. But we are pleased to announce to you that we are creating “DLC3”!

To further add to this, this third DLC will be free to all backers, and will be created in collaboration with those same backers who will get to select what sort of DLC it is. There is no planned time for it to be created, as right now they are fully focused on the main game.

I didn't even know there were two DLC's coming for this, so to hear about that and a third is pretty neat. I wonder if they'll make more if the game sells really well on release.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I think those DLCs were stretch goals for the Kickstarter and since they unlocked literally everything they set out for... well, now they're happening!

I'm hoping this turns out to be everything Suikoden fans hope for in a game by the great minds being some of the best. Fans knew Konami would never ever entertain the idea of putting out a 6th game in the series, so this kind of project seems like the best outcome they could ever hope for.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I think those DLCs were stretch goals for the Kickstarter and since they unlocked literally everything they set out for... well, now they're happening!

I'm hoping this turns out to be everything Suikoden fans hope for in a game by the great minds being some of the best. Fans knew Konami would never ever entertain the idea of putting out a 6th game in the series, so this kind of project seems like the best outcome they could ever hope for.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
For anyone curious about the Rising spin-off/side game/whatever it is, some gameplay came out earlier today from TGS:

It looks visually decent, but from a gameplay perspective it didn't really grab me with what they showed. Felt a little slow and simple, but maybe that'll change as development progresses. If it does turn out a little rough so be it, so long as Hundred Heroes remains solid the rest is just a bonus if it turns out good too.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
For anyone curious about the Rising spin-off/side game/whatever it is, some gameplay came out earlier today from TGS:

It looks visually decent, but from a gameplay perspective it didn't really grab me with what they showed. Felt a little slow and simple, but maybe that'll change as development progresses. If it does turn out a little rough so be it, so long as Hundred Heroes remains solid the rest is just a bonus if it turns out good too.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yeah that looks serviceable to me. Reminds me of older side-scrolling beat-em-ups from the 90's. Combat looks satisfying at the very least. Like, the hits feel hard, and they launch enemies across the rooms, and even take collateral damage from environmental hazards if present. Seems like a mobile game, though, at this stage of showcase, but it seems like a fine time passer until the full actual game releases.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yeah that looks serviceable to me. Reminds me of older side-scrolling beat-em-ups from the 90's. Combat looks satisfying at the very least. Like, the hits feel hard, and they launch enemies across the rooms, and even take collateral damage from environmental hazards if present. Seems like a mobile game, though, at this stage of showcase, but it seems like a fine time passer until the full actual game releases.
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,021
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Think I'll be happy to wait for Hundred Heroes than to play this. Although perhaps there'll be more agile characters to play as, Garoo looks slow but with hard blows, easy to use to get used to the playstyle. If it's the whole game as Garoo I believe I'd get bored. Even if I do see more characters added in I'd still rather wait for the main game.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,021 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Think I'll be happy to wait for Hundred Heroes than to play this. Although perhaps there'll be more agile characters to play as, Garoo looks slow but with hard blows, easy to use to get used to the playstyle. If it's the whole game as Garoo I believe I'd get bored. Even if I do see more characters added in I'd still rather wait for the main game.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I can't say I see this being a very long experience. Probably a few hours at most. Unless there's more to this than what's shown here. Hmm
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I can't say I see this being a very long experience. Probably a few hours at most. Unless there's more to this than what's shown here. Hmm
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I can see most of the time spent in Rising going towards the town-building aspect of it. Perhaps it'll be that areas get reused to give you harder challenges to gain more town stuff or you're just meant to grind resources.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I can see most of the time spent in Rising going towards the town-building aspect of it. Perhaps it'll be that areas get reused to give you harder challenges to gain more town stuff or you're just meant to grind resources.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I haven't watched this yet, but a new video for Rising came out a few days ago and hopefully it'll show improvements over the video that was posted in this thread back in September 2021.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I haven't watched this yet, but a new video for Rising came out a few days ago and hopefully it'll show improvements over the video that was posted in this thread back in September 2021.

ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
That presentation was horrible. The community manager clearly had barely any idea of what to talk about and chose some really bland moments to talk about for maybe 2 minutes and fucked off for the entirety of the rest of the presentation.

Video editing aside, what they did show was quite neat. It's definitely the side-scrolling action game I anticipated, with aspects of Trine's simultaneous AI partner co-op, wherein you can swap in or combo with your other party members seamlessly in combat. Seems fun enough, I'd definitely give this a bash now that I've seen more of it.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
That presentation was horrible. The community manager clearly had barely any idea of what to talk about and chose some really bland moments to talk about for maybe 2 minutes and fucked off for the entirety of the rest of the presentation.

Video editing aside, what they did show was quite neat. It's definitely the side-scrolling action game I anticipated, with aspects of Trine's simultaneous AI partner co-op, wherein you can swap in or combo with your other party members seamlessly in combat. Seems fun enough, I'd definitely give this a bash now that I've seen more of it.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 29th, 2022, 12:44 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
I haven't watched it so I'll admit up front I could be making a bad assumption, but not knowing what to talk about for your game doesn't fill me with confidence. Especially when the footage could've just been released without the commentary at all if there really wasn't much to say, somehow. Errm

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 29th, 2022, 12:44 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
I haven't watched it so I'll admit up front I could be making a bad assumption, but not knowing what to talk about for your game doesn't fill me with confidence. Especially when the footage could've just been released without the commentary at all if there really wasn't much to say, somehow. Errm
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
It could be just language barriers, but now you've instilled some grade A Doubt™️ in me. Like, what I saw was pretty solid side-scrolling action with RPG-like story beats. I dunno. XD
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
It could be just language barriers, but now you've instilled some grade A Doubt™️ in me. Like, what I saw was pretty solid side-scrolling action with RPG-like story beats. I dunno. XD
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Well, for anyone interested in Rising, that game will officially release on May 10 on all platforms. Those who have an active Game Pass subscription get the best deal here, as the game will be available on that platform which means you don't need to put down any money if you want to just give it a whirl. If not, then taking a quick look around at various store fronts indicates the price for this game will be $15. Wink

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Well, for anyone interested in Rising, that game will officially release on May 10 on all platforms. Those who have an active Game Pass subscription get the best deal here, as the game will be available on that platform which means you don't need to put down any money if you want to just give it a whirl. If not, then taking a quick look around at various store fronts indicates the price for this game will be $15. Wink

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Final Fantasy XVI | DLC Trailer + Release Dates Moonface 19 2,409 Dec 8th, 2023, 04:50 AM
Last Post: Moonface