What Are You Looking Forward To After Covid Ends?
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,619
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Not that it'll probably happen any time soon because the world is filled with too many idiots who can't do their part to help, but what are you looking forward to seeing or doing again when Covid is finally gone?

I'll be happy to finally be able to go out to restaurants again. Ordering food and eating it at home just isn't the same for me; sure it saves cooking but I like how being in a restaurant helps me unwind. I hate being stuck in the house except for work or groceries and while I could go and do things like eat at restaurants right now, I don't have a death wish. Same goes for going to the movies, I like the atmosphere of it compared to just renting the movie at home.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,619 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Not that it'll probably happen any time soon because the world is filled with too many idiots who can't do their part to help, but what are you looking forward to seeing or doing again when Covid is finally gone?

I'll be happy to finally be able to go out to restaurants again. Ordering food and eating it at home just isn't the same for me; sure it saves cooking but I like how being in a restaurant helps me unwind. I hate being stuck in the house except for work or groceries and while I could go and do things like eat at restaurants right now, I don't have a death wish. Same goes for going to the movies, I like the atmosphere of it compared to just renting the movie at home.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,177
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Same, honestly (as you know).

I also miss my friends. Most are spread out in distance terms and I can't even travel to see them, and I don't wish to gather in case I somehow may carry (especially considering Moony is the "essential worker" in the house).

I miss my coworkers too. When I went to the office a couple weeks ago to pick up my PC tower (my home PC storage is getting full Sweat ), a couple of coworkers were in (<5 allowed in at this time) and it was fun seeing and interacting with them again.

I guess... I just miss people. I love Moony and seeing my mom occasionally but it's incredibly isolating in a way, you know?
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,177 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Same, honestly (as you know).

I also miss my friends. Most are spread out in distance terms and I can't even travel to see them, and I don't wish to gather in case I somehow may carry (especially considering Moony is the "essential worker" in the house).

I miss my coworkers too. When I went to the office a couple weeks ago to pick up my PC tower (my home PC storage is getting full Sweat ), a couple of coworkers were in (<5 allowed in at this time) and it was fun seeing and interacting with them again.

I guess... I just miss people. I love Moony and seeing my mom occasionally but it's incredibly isolating in a way, you know?
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,728
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I'm doing everything I normally did pre-COVID, so... nothing. I haven't changed anything in my daily life at all.

The only thing that has been affected is that I can't get any of my figurines shipped to me. I suppose that'll be one thing that'll be nice, going back to actually getting my shipments from Japan instead of dealing with the annoyance of waiting 6+ months for them because Goodsmile isn't allowed to ship to the United States.
2023 Platinum Goal: 2/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Tunic
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,728 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I'm doing everything I normally did pre-COVID, so... nothing. I haven't changed anything in my daily life at all.

The only thing that has been affected is that I can't get any of my figurines shipped to me. I suppose that'll be one thing that'll be nice, going back to actually getting my shipments from Japan instead of dealing with the annoyance of waiting 6+ months for them because Goodsmile isn't allowed to ship to the United States.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,093
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I'm not doing much different either. Still at work, not had a day off other than actual holiday time off. Eating at restaurants again, although less than what I used to. Had a Chinese takeaway just last Saturday for the first time since the start of covid (though I've been to my favourite Chinese twice to eat in that is in Colchester before that). Restaurants was the main thing I was looking forward to, I didn't start going to them as soon as they were announced to be able to open again. Cinemas would be good to go back to, but there's nothing I'm dying to see anyway so not bothered about that. Seeing my friend who I do walks with, got a long walk planned this Sunday so looking forward to that.

I suppose being able to go on vacation is what I'm sort of looking forward to. I don't have anything planned but will be good to hear people can freely do that again. I know people are anyway now, but with the risk of having to cut the holiday short to return home, isolating, catching covid or being stuck in where ever you went to ruins the idea of it.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,093 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I'm not doing much different either. Still at work, not had a day off other than actual holiday time off. Eating at restaurants again, although less than what I used to. Had a Chinese takeaway just last Saturday for the first time since the start of covid (though I've been to my favourite Chinese twice to eat in that is in Colchester before that). Restaurants was the main thing I was looking forward to, I didn't start going to them as soon as they were announced to be able to open again. Cinemas would be good to go back to, but there's nothing I'm dying to see anyway so not bothered about that. Seeing my friend who I do walks with, got a long walk planned this Sunday so looking forward to that.

I suppose being able to go on vacation is what I'm sort of looking forward to. I don't have anything planned but will be good to hear people can freely do that again. I know people are anyway now, but with the risk of having to cut the holiday short to return home, isolating, catching covid or being stuck in where ever you went to ruins the idea of it.
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
Spending quality time with friends. Since the pandemic I haven't gotten a chance to and that's sad to think about seeing as I don't exactly have many real life friends. But I'll get to again. So I'm not that worried.
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
Spending quality time with friends. Since the pandemic I haven't gotten a chance to and that's sad to think about seeing as I don't exactly have many real life friends. But I'll get to again. So I'm not that worried.
Noir Offline
Newcomer
XP: 2,653
Honestly, I hated not getting to see my girlfriend for the past few months. We've finally managed to get to see each other, but I'd like to be able to do a bit more with her. Cinemas opened for a while so we went on lots of dates there, but now they're shutting in the UK again.
Noir Offline
Newcomer
XP: 2,653
Honestly, I hated not getting to see my girlfriend for the past few months. We've finally managed to get to see each other, but I'd like to be able to do a bit more with her. Cinemas opened for a while so we went on lots of dates there, but now they're shutting in the UK again.
Eric Offline
Marvel Nerd
Currently Playing
Spiderman (PS4), Assassin's Creed Origins (PS4), League of Legends (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 2,495
Megami Tensei* Portal 
I can't wait to go to bars again lol.  Also, I honestly wish I can go back to class: part of the fun of going to school is getting to network and make new friends.  Being stuck at home kind of blows.
Eric Offline
Marvel Nerd
Currently Playing
Spiderman (PS4), Assassin's Creed Origins (PS4), League of Legends (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 2,495 Megami Tensei* Portal 
I can't wait to go to bars again lol.  Also, I honestly wish I can go back to class: part of the fun of going to school is getting to network and make new friends.  Being stuck at home kind of blows.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,619
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Sep 28th, 2020, 10:54 PM)WrestleRacer91 Wrote:
Have you considered doing a virtual hangout on something like Discord or Zoom with them? Something I've done a couple of times is watching a movie via Discord screen share with friends that none of us have seen before and it kinda has the same feeling as going to the cinema, since you don't really speak much during the movie and then after you can all talk about it together.

(Oct 4th, 2020, 08:49 PM)Noir Wrote:
I'd suggest to you what I wrote above but I know that it isn't as effective when you're dating someone. XD Still, could be something to consider doing if you want to have a movie night but can't hang out in person.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,619 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Sep 28th, 2020, 10:54 PM)WrestleRacer91 Wrote:
Have you considered doing a virtual hangout on something like Discord or Zoom with them? Something I've done a couple of times is watching a movie via Discord screen share with friends that none of us have seen before and it kinda has the same feeling as going to the cinema, since you don't really speak much during the movie and then after you can all talk about it together.

(Oct 4th, 2020, 08:49 PM)Noir Wrote:
I'd suggest to you what I wrote above but I know that it isn't as effective when you're dating someone. XD Still, could be something to consider doing if you want to have a movie night but can't hang out in person.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What Are You Looking Forward To? Moonface 111 29,127 Mar 16th, 2024, 12:36 AM
Last Post: Kyng