I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Oh man the Twilight Town trio is coming back it seems like everyone is here just like in Super Smash Bros ultimate!

I'm glad to see a final conclusion to the Xehanort saga, because I am tired of him after killing him so many times.

The new worlds seem interesting I am definitely looking forward to Rapunzel and BIg Hero Six. I'm curious how they are going to handle it and if we will be joining in on the story.
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Oh man the Twilight Town trio is coming back it seems like everyone is here just like in Super Smash Bros ultimate!

I'm glad to see a final conclusion to the Xehanort saga, because I am tired of him after killing him so many times.

The new worlds seem interesting I am definitely looking forward to Rapunzel and BIg Hero Six. I'm curious how they are going to handle it and if we will be joining in on the story.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Princess Peach Showtime {PS5] FF7: Rebirth [PC] Snacko
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,666
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
11 more days left before KH3 launches!! Idk if everyone has kept up with the news for KH3 but I'll try to sum everything up in my post. A few weeks ago, someone got an advanced copy for the Xbox One & has been selling them online. source SquareEnix has already acknowledged this has happened & is asking fans to wait for the game to release on it's proper date & to avoid watching streamers on youtube/etc due to spoilers: etc. (more here)

[Image: DuhMSXOVAAEipGG.jpg]

So beware of spoilers KH's fans!
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,666 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
11 more days left before KH3 launches!! Idk if everyone has kept up with the news for KH3 but I'll try to sum everything up in my post. A few weeks ago, someone got an advanced copy for the Xbox One & has been selling them online. source SquareEnix has already acknowledged this has happened & is asking fans to wait for the game to release on it's proper date & to avoid watching streamers on youtube/etc due to spoilers: etc. (more here)

[Image: DuhMSXOVAAEipGG.jpg]

So beware of spoilers KH's fans!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,645
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I was aware of this happening, and I think some copies went out early on purpose on behalf of SE. Good on them for not having the ending included regardless so that it can't be leaked.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,645 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I was aware of this happening, and I think some copies went out early on purpose on behalf of SE. Good on them for not having the ending included regardless so that it can't be leaked.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So for anyone who got and started the game, what do you think so far? Was it worth the long wait? Tongue

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So for anyone who got and started the game, what do you think so far? Was it worth the long wait? Tongue
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
(Feb 1st, 2019, 12:44 AM)Moonface Wrote:
I bought it & so far so good. 

I do have a few complaints though. Like you can't see all of the character's, you can only see half of their torso. Also, what's up with the whole ride animation sequences? It's nice, & is fun. But, I guess I don't get why it was added but to add extra flashy stuff. :p
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
(Feb 1st, 2019, 12:44 AM)Moonface Wrote:
I bought it & so far so good. 

I do have a few complaints though. Like you can't see all of the character's, you can only see half of their torso. Also, what's up with the whole ride animation sequences? It's nice, & is fun. But, I guess I don't get why it was added but to add extra flashy stuff. :p
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,732
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
So far it's okay. The combat is great, and I'd say it beats out KHII's combat. However the rest of the game so far is lacking. The worlds are pretty meh for the most part and the story is pretty boring for the first chunk of the game (I still haven't gotten to any good parts yet).

I don't feel like this game is going to surpass KHII overall. Like I said, it's definitely better in combat, but so far every other aspect of the game (aside from graphics but graphics do not matter) doesn't come close to what KHII did. We'll see how it goes the rest of the way.

I'll put the biggest issue with the game so far in a spoiler, so that if anyone wants to read it they can, otherwise they can avoid it.

Would I say KHIII has lived up to the 13 year hype? Yes and no. The combat certainly has. The story, worlds and characters/character interactions have not.
2023 Platinum Goal: 2/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Tunic
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,732 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
So far it's okay. The combat is great, and I'd say it beats out KHII's combat. However the rest of the game so far is lacking. The worlds are pretty meh for the most part and the story is pretty boring for the first chunk of the game (I still haven't gotten to any good parts yet).

I don't feel like this game is going to surpass KHII overall. Like I said, it's definitely better in combat, but so far every other aspect of the game (aside from graphics but graphics do not matter) doesn't come close to what KHII did. We'll see how it goes the rest of the way.

I'll put the biggest issue with the game so far in a spoiler, so that if anyone wants to read it they can, otherwise they can avoid it.

Would I say KHIII has lived up to the 13 year hype? Yes and no. The combat certainly has. The story, worlds and characters/character interactions have not.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,187
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Been watching trihex stream the game after he restarted it on Proud Mode (he found Standard to be too boring).

My biggest gripe seems to be a matter of the worlds feeling disconnected in terms of consistency? It feels like they've had different teams working in different times (over the course of development) working on each world. Some look so incredibly nice while others feel like they almost belong on the PS3.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,187 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Been watching trihex stream the game after he restarted it on Proud Mode (he found Standard to be too boring).

My biggest gripe seems to be a matter of the worlds feeling disconnected in terms of consistency? It feels like they've had different teams working in different times (over the course of development) working on each world. Some look so incredibly nice while others feel like they almost belong on the PS3.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Unfortuantely Proud Mode is just as boring as Standard. The fact that they made this game this damn easy, and didn't include a Critical difficulty mode like in previous games, is a huge negative on the game.

The worse thing about the worlds is that some are basically just the movie. The scenes and dialogue exact copy/pastes from the movie with Sora and company standing awkwardly in the background. Then other worlds are completely their own things.

There is another huge issue with the game, but it's a potential spoiler, so I'll put it in a tag.

The story of KH3 and especially the ending are a pretty huge mess. I don't even know if Nomura knew what he was trying to do with this one. Which isn't surprising, considering Nomura has become complete trash at making games over the last, what, 10 years or so? Kingdom Hearts 2 was probably his last good game. So I shouldn't be surprised that KH3 turned out to be like this, but I'm still disappointed. Definitely confirms that there is absolutely no hope of FFVII Remake being any good in that hack's hands.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Unfortuantely Proud Mode is just as boring as Standard. The fact that they made this game this damn easy, and didn't include a Critical difficulty mode like in previous games, is a huge negative on the game.

The worse thing about the worlds is that some are basically just the movie. The scenes and dialogue exact copy/pastes from the movie with Sora and company standing awkwardly in the background. Then other worlds are completely their own things.

There is another huge issue with the game, but it's a potential spoiler, so I'll put it in a tag.

The story of KH3 and especially the ending are a pretty huge mess. I don't even know if Nomura knew what he was trying to do with this one. Which isn't surprising, considering Nomura has become complete trash at making games over the last, what, 10 years or so? Kingdom Hearts 2 was probably his last good game. So I shouldn't be surprised that KH3 turned out to be like this, but I'm still disappointed. Definitely confirms that there is absolutely no hope of FFVII Remake being any good in that hack's hands.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
When I was watching Trihex's stream with Shira, I saw that Scala ad Caelum had a really cool title sequence to introduce the world and I was curious if the other worlds have it too (and it seems almost every location does) and I don't know if they've always been a thing with Kingdom Hearts, but regardless I think they're really cool! Some of them are a little simple compared to others, but I found them to be really cool and something I could appreciate despite having no idea what anything else is really about in this series. XD

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
When I was watching Trihex's stream with Shira, I saw that Scala ad Caelum had a really cool title sequence to introduce the world and I was curious if the other worlds have it too (and it seems almost every location does) and I don't know if they've always been a thing with Kingdom Hearts, but regardless I think they're really cool! Some of them are a little simple compared to others, but I found them to be really cool and something I could appreciate despite having no idea what anything else is really about in this series. XD
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
They could have easily incorporated FF characters into the game. All they had to do was what they did with every other game.

The most likely case is that Disney was butthurt that KH had been becoming more of its own thing with its own original characters, and the Disney aspect of the games (along with the FF aspect) started taking more of a backseat. My guess is that Disney told Square Enix/Nomura that they had to put more of a focus on Disney in KH3 than anything else, which would explain why the story of KH itself is so neglected in KH3 in favor of "hey, watch the scenes directly from Tangled and Frozen instead of actually having an interesting world to play through."

KH3 is a 4/10 at best, and it's because of Disney. Their unwillingness to let Square Enix form worlds to fit KH and instead make them pretty much play the movies with Sora and company being awkwardly inserted into them made the game terrible. A couple worlds worked because they were allowed to form the world around Kingdom Hearts (Toy Box, Monstropolis) instead of the other way around.

If Disney was so worried about keeping their cashcow (Frozen) so pure and innocent, then they shouldn't have let it be in the game to begin with. They could have let Square Enix put in a better world that would have actually added to the game instead of ruin it, like Brave or Star Wars.

A 13 year wait resulted in a game where the conclusion of the story we've been waiting for took a backseat to "Let It Go", and had no relevance to the game whatsoever until the final world, which was then rushed as fuck, with a final boss battle sequence that was the worst in any KH game, followed by the dumbest ending we could have been left with, and a secret movie that just left more question marks than answers. Further proving that Disney ruins everything they touch.

Not to mention all of the staples of the Kingdom Hearts series that were not present in this game. An arena/coliseum, multiple secret boss fights, Critical Mode (resulting in an extreme lack of difficulty. Proud Mode is an absolute joke), among others. Like I said from the start, the combat in this game is top-notch, but everything is among the worst the KH series has ever offered.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
They could have easily incorporated FF characters into the game. All they had to do was what they did with every other game.

The most likely case is that Disney was butthurt that KH had been becoming more of its own thing with its own original characters, and the Disney aspect of the games (along with the FF aspect) started taking more of a backseat. My guess is that Disney told Square Enix/Nomura that they had to put more of a focus on Disney in KH3 than anything else, which would explain why the story of KH itself is so neglected in KH3 in favor of "hey, watch the scenes directly from Tangled and Frozen instead of actually having an interesting world to play through."

KH3 is a 4/10 at best, and it's because of Disney. Their unwillingness to let Square Enix form worlds to fit KH and instead make them pretty much play the movies with Sora and company being awkwardly inserted into them made the game terrible. A couple worlds worked because they were allowed to form the world around Kingdom Hearts (Toy Box, Monstropolis) instead of the other way around.

If Disney was so worried about keeping their cashcow (Frozen) so pure and innocent, then they shouldn't have let it be in the game to begin with. They could have let Square Enix put in a better world that would have actually added to the game instead of ruin it, like Brave or Star Wars.

A 13 year wait resulted in a game where the conclusion of the story we've been waiting for took a backseat to "Let It Go", and had no relevance to the game whatsoever until the final world, which was then rushed as fuck, with a final boss battle sequence that was the worst in any KH game, followed by the dumbest ending we could have been left with, and a secret movie that just left more question marks than answers. Further proving that Disney ruins everything they touch.

Not to mention all of the staples of the Kingdom Hearts series that were not present in this game. An arena/coliseum, multiple secret boss fights, Critical Mode (resulting in an extreme lack of difficulty. Proud Mode is an absolute joke), among others. Like I said from the start, the combat in this game is top-notch, but everything is among the worst the KH series has ever offered.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Oh, I thought FF characters had never been in any KH game and that's why I said putting them in 3 would have been weird. My mistake. XD

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Oh, I thought FF characters had never been in any KH game and that's why I said putting them in 3 would have been weird. My mistake. XD
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Yes, Kingdom Hearts has always had Final Fantasy characters in it. It started as a Final Fantasy x Disney crossover. But as more games in the series were made, the games started to go their own way with their own story and original characters, while the FF and Disney aspects started to fade more and more.

The fact that there are zero FF characters in KH3, and only a handful of references to Final Fantasy in general, while the game forcefully shoves Disney shit down your throat after two seconds, pretty much shows that Disney had way too much influence on how the game turned out.

Instead of getting the conclusion to the Kingdom Hearts story that we've been waiting 13 years for, instead we get "DISNEY! DISNEY! DISNEY! DISNEY! oh by the way here's the ending. DISNEY! DISNEY! DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!"
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Yes, Kingdom Hearts has always had Final Fantasy characters in it. It started as a Final Fantasy x Disney crossover. But as more games in the series were made, the games started to go their own way with their own story and original characters, while the FF and Disney aspects started to fade more and more.

The fact that there are zero FF characters in KH3, and only a handful of references to Final Fantasy in general, while the game forcefully shoves Disney shit down your throat after two seconds, pretty much shows that Disney had way too much influence on how the game turned out.

Instead of getting the conclusion to the Kingdom Hearts story that we've been waiting 13 years for, instead we get "DISNEY! DISNEY! DISNEY! DISNEY! oh by the way here's the ending. DISNEY! DISNEY! DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!"
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
It's sad that KH3 turned out the way it did. It could have been so much better, but it's just a huge Disney movie cash in with Sora, Donald & Goofy taking you with them to see the movies & it's just them doing Mystery Science Theater 3000.. And it's AWKWARD. Here any more everything that Disney has touched has just turned into trash or horrible. I mean just look at what they've done to the Star Wars series. Tongue

I don't know if I can really go back to playing KH3, though I really want to.. But I've heard that the ending; for what it is... Really isn't that great. Eh I don't know, I mean. I guess it could be worse, I could get an ending where the boss is squished by a God/Goddess statue & that's how the ending is resolved. Tongue
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
It's sad that KH3 turned out the way it did. It could have been so much better, but it's just a huge Disney movie cash in with Sora, Donald & Goofy taking you with them to see the movies & it's just them doing Mystery Science Theater 3000.. And it's AWKWARD. Here any more everything that Disney has touched has just turned into trash or horrible. I mean just look at what they've done to the Star Wars series. Tongue

I don't know if I can really go back to playing KH3, though I really want to.. But I've heard that the ending; for what it is... Really isn't that great. Eh I don't know, I mean. I guess it could be worse, I could get an ending where the boss is squished by a God/Goddess statue & that's how the ending is resolved. Tongue
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Critical Mode Comes to Kingdom Hearts III Tomorrow
If you've been waiting for Kingdom Hearts III to get a higher difficulty mode, then tomorrow will be your lucky day because that's when Critical Mode is coming to the game as a free update!

As the tweet above says, there will be changes to this mode compared to previous games, but what those changes are wasn't specifically detailed. I guess that gives you more incentive to check out the changes for yourself tomorrow. Tongue

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Critical Mode Comes to Kingdom Hearts III Tomorrow
If you've been waiting for Kingdom Hearts III to get a higher difficulty mode, then tomorrow will be your lucky day because that's when Critical Mode is coming to the game as a free update!

As the tweet above says, there will be changes to this mode compared to previous games, but what those changes are wasn't specifically detailed. I guess that gives you more incentive to check out the changes for yourself tomorrow. Tongue
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
A little too late on their part. Anyone who has already completed this joke of a game has no reason to go back to it just for CM. I feel sorry for anyone who is actually going to torture themselves by playing this this shitshow a second time just for CM.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
A little too late on their part. Anyone who has already completed this joke of a game has no reason to go back to it just for CM. I feel sorry for anyone who is actually going to torture themselves by playing this this shitshow a second time just for CM.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Moonface 49 8,354 Jul 17th, 2023, 09:40 PM
Last Post: Moonface