PlayStation 5 Showcase - Sept. 16, 2020
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,150
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Here is everything from today's PlayStation 5 Showcase, which gave us a look at more games coming to the system as well as finally revealing the prices and release dates for the consoles.

Final Fantasy XVI | Trailer
The next instalment in the Final Fantasy series has been announced!

Spider-Man: Miles Morales | Trailer | Discussion Thread
See brand new gameplay from Spider-Man: Miles Morales, releasing on November 12 and November 19 depending on territory for both PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4.

Hogwarts Legacy | Trailer
Remember that Harry Potter game Warner Bros. was supposedly working on that got leaked ages ago? The game has finally been revealed as Hogwarts Legacy and is slated to release in 2021! Experience a new story set at #Hogwarts in the 1800s. Your character is a student who holds the key to an ancient secret that threatens to tear the wizarding world apart. Make allies, battle Dark wizards and decide the fate of the wizarding world.

Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War | Trailer
A Black Ops team comprised of Frank Woods, Alex Mason, and Russell Adler infiltrates an airfield in Turkey to eliminate a high-value target. The following is a portion of  'Nowhere Left to Run', the first campaign mission in Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, where players will use the cover of darkness and plausible deniability to fight a battle that “never happened.”

PlayStation 4 owners can also get a taste of Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Multiplayer through an exclusive Alpha* weekend, complete with multiple modes, maps, and a preview of the Create-a-Class and Scorestreak systems. Pre-load begins September 17 at 8 a.m. PDT. The Alpha kicks off on September 18 at 10 a.m. PDT and is set to conclude on September 20 at 10 a.m. PDT.

Resident Evil Village | Trailer
A new trailer for Resident Evil Village tells the tale of a grim fairy tale. But you don't believe it's true, right?

Devil May Cry 5: Special Edition | Trailer
DMC is back and better than ever in the series’ most SSStylish and most action-packed entry yet: Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition! This version of the game will only be available as a digital purchase.

Oddworld: Soulstorm | Trailer
Molluck returns in this newest trailer for Oddworld: Soulstorm, coming to PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 as a limited time console exclusive.

Five Nights At Freddy's: Security Breach | Trailer
Prepare for a new wave of YouTuber's pretending to be scared when this new FNAF game releases in the future.

Demon's Souls | Gameplay Footage
Check out the first gameplay footage of the remake for Demon's Souls, coming exclusively to PlayStation 5.

PlayStation Plus Collection | Trailer
A new benefit for PS+ subscribers will be available on PlayStation 5, called the PlayStation Plus Collection. This service provides a collection of PlayStation 4 games on PlayStation 5, and some of the available games include God of War, Bloodborne, Final Fantasy XV, Mortal Kombat X, Until Dawn, The Last Guardian, The Last of Us Remastered, Persona 5, and Resident Evil 7: Biohazard.

PlayStation 5 Price and Release Dates | Discussion Thread
Sony has finally announced the prices and release dates for the PlayStation 5. The disc version will cost $499.99/£449.99, and the digital version will cost $399.99/£359.99. Both systems will release on November 12 in the US, Japan, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and South Korea, and November 19 for the rest of the world.

God of War: Ragnarok | Trailer
The next instalment in God of War was teased to end the showcase, coming to PlayStation 5 in 2021!
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,150 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Here is everything from today's PlayStation 5 Showcase, which gave us a look at more games coming to the system as well as finally revealing the prices and release dates for the consoles.

Final Fantasy XVI | Trailer
The next instalment in the Final Fantasy series has been announced!

Spider-Man: Miles Morales | Trailer | Discussion Thread
See brand new gameplay from Spider-Man: Miles Morales, releasing on November 12 and November 19 depending on territory for both PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4.

Hogwarts Legacy | Trailer
Remember that Harry Potter game Warner Bros. was supposedly working on that got leaked ages ago? The game has finally been revealed as Hogwarts Legacy and is slated to release in 2021! Experience a new story set at #Hogwarts in the 1800s. Your character is a student who holds the key to an ancient secret that threatens to tear the wizarding world apart. Make allies, battle Dark wizards and decide the fate of the wizarding world.

Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War | Trailer
A Black Ops team comprised of Frank Woods, Alex Mason, and Russell Adler infiltrates an airfield in Turkey to eliminate a high-value target. The following is a portion of  'Nowhere Left to Run', the first campaign mission in Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, where players will use the cover of darkness and plausible deniability to fight a battle that “never happened.”

PlayStation 4 owners can also get a taste of Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Multiplayer through an exclusive Alpha* weekend, complete with multiple modes, maps, and a preview of the Create-a-Class and Scorestreak systems. Pre-load begins September 17 at 8 a.m. PDT. The Alpha kicks off on September 18 at 10 a.m. PDT and is set to conclude on September 20 at 10 a.m. PDT.

Resident Evil Village | Trailer
A new trailer for Resident Evil Village tells the tale of a grim fairy tale. But you don't believe it's true, right?

Devil May Cry 5: Special Edition | Trailer
DMC is back and better than ever in the series’ most SSStylish and most action-packed entry yet: Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition! This version of the game will only be available as a digital purchase.

Oddworld: Soulstorm | Trailer
Molluck returns in this newest trailer for Oddworld: Soulstorm, coming to PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 as a limited time console exclusive.

Five Nights At Freddy's: Security Breach | Trailer
Prepare for a new wave of YouTuber's pretending to be scared when this new FNAF game releases in the future.

Demon's Souls | Gameplay Footage
Check out the first gameplay footage of the remake for Demon's Souls, coming exclusively to PlayStation 5.

PlayStation Plus Collection | Trailer
A new benefit for PS+ subscribers will be available on PlayStation 5, called the PlayStation Plus Collection. This service provides a collection of PlayStation 4 games on PlayStation 5, and some of the available games include God of War, Bloodborne, Final Fantasy XV, Mortal Kombat X, Until Dawn, The Last Guardian, The Last of Us Remastered, Persona 5, and Resident Evil 7: Biohazard.

PlayStation 5 Price and Release Dates | Discussion Thread
Sony has finally announced the prices and release dates for the PlayStation 5. The disc version will cost $499.99/£449.99, and the digital version will cost $399.99/£359.99. Both systems will release on November 12 in the US, Japan, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and South Korea, and November 19 for the rest of the world.

God of War: Ragnarok | Trailer
The next instalment in God of War was teased to end the showcase, coming to PlayStation 5 in 2021!
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
Again I know this is a little old but dang. I just have to say that I was not impressed.

The PS5 is something I've been looking forward to longer than when we even knew the official name for the newest console.

And I really wanted to get my hands on the latest and suppposedit greatest console there is in the PS5. But I must say, the lack of a pre-order date at the showcase mixed with not many games I'd actually want at launch (the new Spider-Man and maybe Sackboy) I wasn't impressed like so many others were.

Yes we got the pre-order date through a Tweet on a sub post from them shortly after that turned out to be a lie as retailers just flipped the switch and started selling the pre-orders right then and there (yeah I'm looking at you Walmart and others).

So as a PS5 showcase so close to launch, I must say I wasn't impressed with how things were handled and I think I'm just going to stick with and enjoy my PS4 just a little bit longer. I'm personally thinking until about 2022. Unless something amazing comes out that won't also be on said PS4.
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
Again I know this is a little old but dang. I just have to say that I was not impressed.

The PS5 is something I've been looking forward to longer than when we even knew the official name for the newest console.

And I really wanted to get my hands on the latest and suppposedit greatest console there is in the PS5. But I must say, the lack of a pre-order date at the showcase mixed with not many games I'd actually want at launch (the new Spider-Man and maybe Sackboy) I wasn't impressed like so many others were.

Yes we got the pre-order date through a Tweet on a sub post from them shortly after that turned out to be a lie as retailers just flipped the switch and started selling the pre-orders right then and there (yeah I'm looking at you Walmart and others).

So as a PS5 showcase so close to launch, I must say I wasn't impressed with how things were handled and I think I'm just going to stick with and enjoy my PS4 just a little bit longer. I'm personally thinking until about 2022. Unless something amazing comes out that won't also be on said PS4.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,150
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Not mentioning the pre-order date during the showcase and instead putting it in a random tweet was badly done, not that it mattered where it was stated because every outlet broke the date and did it right after the showcase without warning anyway.

The biggest thing that took the wind out of the sails for me with this showcase was Sony stating that Miles Morales and Horizon Forbidden West were also PS4 titles. For MM it's fine because the game was built off Spider-Man PS4 so it isn't really going to push the PS5, it's just going to get visual upgrades and stuff. Horizon on the other hand I feel is going to be held back by being cross-gen.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,150 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Not mentioning the pre-order date during the showcase and instead putting it in a random tweet was badly done, not that it mattered where it was stated because every outlet broke the date and did it right after the showcase without warning anyway.

The biggest thing that took the wind out of the sails for me with this showcase was Sony stating that Miles Morales and Horizon Forbidden West were also PS4 titles. For MM it's fine because the game was built off Spider-Man PS4 so it isn't really going to push the PS5, it's just going to get visual upgrades and stuff. Horizon on the other hand I feel is going to be held back by being cross-gen.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Summer Game Fest 2023 Megathread | LRG3 Showcase Summary Moonface 20 2,603 Jul 13th, 2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  PlayStation Showcase - May 24, 2023 Moonface 5 848 Jun 3rd, 2023, 09:40 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase - June 12, 2022 Moonface 13 2,861 Jun 16th, 2022, 01:05 AM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  PlayStation Showcase 2021 Moonface 11 3,141 Sep 19th, 2021, 10:29 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Gaming in 2020 Moonface 16 7,179 Feb 4th, 2021, 06:31 PM
Last Post: Karo