Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,110
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Grand Theft Auto VI Revealed

Rockstar Games has finally given the world a first look into GTA which is 6 slated for the year 2025, so there's still over a year to wait.

Obligatory, no mandatory topic for what's likely going to be the most talked about upcoming game across all video game platforms, so here's UG's. Seeing as how the video has garnered over 100 million views already, holy frick. GTA 5 has remained among the top of Twitch streams as well I noticed when browsing top viewed categories, so really no surprise on the trailer viewership, dang. Perhaps GTA 6 will finally be the game to finally dethrone Just Chatting as the top 1 live Twitch category.

I for one have zero interest in actually playing GTA 6, the only GTA game I had my hands on is the PS1 original and watched a bit of Vice City, San Andreas and used to watch a lot of GTA 5 through VanossGaming ages ago. However this GTA 6 trailer I can say does look damn good, and they have implemented a type of social media into the game itself, what. 
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,110 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Grand Theft Auto VI Revealed

Rockstar Games has finally given the world a first look into GTA which is 6 slated for the year 2025, so there's still over a year to wait.

Obligatory, no mandatory topic for what's likely going to be the most talked about upcoming game across all video game platforms, so here's UG's. Seeing as how the video has garnered over 100 million views already, holy frick. GTA 5 has remained among the top of Twitch streams as well I noticed when browsing top viewed categories, so really no surprise on the trailer viewership, dang. Perhaps GTA 6 will finally be the game to finally dethrone Just Chatting as the top 1 live Twitch category.

I for one have zero interest in actually playing GTA 6, the only GTA game I had my hands on is the PS1 original and watched a bit of Vice City, San Andreas and used to watch a lot of GTA 5 through VanossGaming ages ago. However this GTA 6 trailer I can say does look damn good, and they have implemented a type of social media into the game itself, what. 
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,533
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Dec 6th, 2023, 12:19 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
However this GTA 6 trailer I can say does look damn good, and they have implemented a type of social media into the game itself, what. 
GTA has done social media nods before, with Bleeter (Twitter) and LifeInvader (Facebook). Neither have any usability on the players end in any games they appear in though and are only used by in-game characters, and I would expect GTA VI's version of TikTok to be the same way. They're just parodies of the real-life versions, similar to any other websites or radio/television stations in the GTA series, since this series is always making a commentary on America as a whole plus individual areas. This game for example is parodying a shit-ton of stuff about Florida, and everything in the social media sizzle reel part of the trailer is actually all taken from real events that have been caught on camera in Florida: https://www.reddit.com/r/GTA6/comments/1..._from_the/

I'm in the same boat as you though with my interest in actually playing this game being practically zero. I played GTA V and as time has progressed my view of that game has declined to a point where I find it okay but nothing really that great. That being said, I will say the visual quality of that trailer is insane and I'm intrigued to see more only because I want to see how good the overall game will be from a visual standpoint, especially when it comes to the crowd density the trailer shows off. If the final release manages to do something close to the trailer on that front it'll be really impressive and it's also the sort of thing I expect to see as a thing that better hardware makes possible rather than better graphics, because I think that graphical fidelity is a case of diminishing returns per console generation now whereas stuff like improved AI, world density, etc. still has a lot of room to grow by comparison.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,533 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Dec 6th, 2023, 12:19 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
However this GTA 6 trailer I can say does look damn good, and they have implemented a type of social media into the game itself, what. 
GTA has done social media nods before, with Bleeter (Twitter) and LifeInvader (Facebook). Neither have any usability on the players end in any games they appear in though and are only used by in-game characters, and I would expect GTA VI's version of TikTok to be the same way. They're just parodies of the real-life versions, similar to any other websites or radio/television stations in the GTA series, since this series is always making a commentary on America as a whole plus individual areas. This game for example is parodying a shit-ton of stuff about Florida, and everything in the social media sizzle reel part of the trailer is actually all taken from real events that have been caught on camera in Florida: https://www.reddit.com/r/GTA6/comments/1..._from_the/

I'm in the same boat as you though with my interest in actually playing this game being practically zero. I played GTA V and as time has progressed my view of that game has declined to a point where I find it okay but nothing really that great. That being said, I will say the visual quality of that trailer is insane and I'm intrigued to see more only because I want to see how good the overall game will be from a visual standpoint, especially when it comes to the crowd density the trailer shows off. If the final release manages to do something close to the trailer on that front it'll be really impressive and it's also the sort of thing I expect to see as a thing that better hardware makes possible rather than better graphics, because I think that graphical fidelity is a case of diminishing returns per console generation now whereas stuff like improved AI, world density, etc. still has a lot of room to grow by comparison.
aerodynamik Offline
Beginner
XP: 2,650
Halo Call of Duty Halloween Birthday Bash 
Heck yeah! Can't wait for this. Facebook is full with comparisons and analysis, lol.
aerodynamik Offline
Beginner
XP: 2,650 Halo Call of Duty Halloween Birthday Bash 
Heck yeah! Can't wait for this. Facebook is full with comparisons and analysis, lol.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 19th, 2023, 01:19 PM)aerodynamik Wrote:
I've seen probably very little of the analysis people are doing to the trailer (mostly because I dislike that style of video content in general) but the few things I did see coming up through discussing the trailer that seemed interesting was that the lead female character is wearing an ankle tracker, which is likely the way Rockstar will restrict the player from having access to the entire map right from the start like what GTA V chose to do.

Are you intending to get the game on release day?

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 19th, 2023, 01:19 PM)aerodynamik Wrote:
I've seen probably very little of the analysis people are doing to the trailer (mostly because I dislike that style of video content in general) but the few things I did see coming up through discussing the trailer that seemed interesting was that the lead female character is wearing an ankle tracker, which is likely the way Rockstar will restrict the player from having access to the entire map right from the start like what GTA V chose to do.

Are you intending to get the game on release day?
calamarik Offline
Newcomer
Currently Playing
Ghost of Tsushima
Favourite Platform(s)
PS4
XP: 174
There are so many things that are waiting for us in 2025, even 2024 feels like a filler now. Can't wait to play this game! I hope it will come on PC at the same time as on consoles. If not, gotta buy one.
calamarik Offline
Newcomer
Currently Playing
Ghost of Tsushima
Favourite Platform(s)
PS4
XP: 174
There are so many things that are waiting for us in 2025, even 2024 feels like a filler now. Can't wait to play this game! I hope it will come on PC at the same time as on consoles. If not, gotta buy one.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 5th, 2024, 08:39 PM)calamarik Wrote:
I highly doubt this game will come to PC at the same time as the console release. Rockstar haven't done that for any of their releases, and I don't recall where I read it but I believe there was an interview with someone at Rockstar stating that they don't like to focus on PC until after a console release because unlike console there are multiple hardware configurations to account for and some require dialing things back and others allow the developers to add more in (such as population density, draw distance, etc.) that due to being more work they don't want to try and juggle alongside the console version and cause a longer development time than the games already have.

Hopefully though it won't be a very long gap between the releases; for GTA V it was two years after the initial release for a PC port, but RDR2 was only one year.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 5th, 2024, 08:39 PM)calamarik Wrote:
I highly doubt this game will come to PC at the same time as the console release. Rockstar haven't done that for any of their releases, and I don't recall where I read it but I believe there was an interview with someone at Rockstar stating that they don't like to focus on PC until after a console release because unlike console there are multiple hardware configurations to account for and some require dialing things back and others allow the developers to add more in (such as population density, draw distance, etc.) that due to being more work they don't want to try and juggle alongside the console version and cause a longer development time than the games already have.

Hopefully though it won't be a very long gap between the releases; for GTA V it was two years after the initial release for a PC port, but RDR2 was only one year.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Grand Theft Auto (Series) WR91 3 2,771 Oct 3rd, 2020, 01:14 AM
Last Post: WR91