Dead Space (Series)
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,645
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Dead Space - Official Gameplay Trailer

Something has gone horribly wrong on board the mining ship, USG Ishimura. Get your first look at Dead Space gameplay and see how you’ll explore the eerie, echoing corridors and workspaces within the USG Ishimura and survive the nightmarish horrors that await you.

Additionally, a Collector's Edition has been revealed and is currently open for pre-ordering:

As a side note, the contents of the CE will ship after the release of the game, but a copy of the game will be shipped in time for launch.

Man this looks so good! Getting to hear Isaac speak about the initial diagnosis of the Ishimura when they board is so nice compared to him being mute in the original. I'm really curious what penalty will be in place on the ship exteriors for venturing too far out, since the original didn't have Zero-G flight so you were forcibly attached to the hull of the exterior.

I also hadn't even considered the boss in Hydroponics being affected by the new Zero-G because I forgot that fight takes place in zero gravity. That might be the boss fight I'm looking forward to most just because it'll be so different. Grin
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,645 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Dead Space - Official Gameplay Trailer

Something has gone horribly wrong on board the mining ship, USG Ishimura. Get your first look at Dead Space gameplay and see how you’ll explore the eerie, echoing corridors and workspaces within the USG Ishimura and survive the nightmarish horrors that await you.

Additionally, a Collector's Edition has been revealed and is currently open for pre-ordering:

As a side note, the contents of the CE will ship after the release of the game, but a copy of the game will be shipped in time for launch.

Man this looks so good! Getting to hear Isaac speak about the initial diagnosis of the Ishimura when they board is so nice compared to him being mute in the original. I'm really curious what penalty will be in place on the ship exteriors for venturing too far out, since the original didn't have Zero-G flight so you were forcibly attached to the hull of the exterior.

I also hadn't even considered the boss in Hydroponics being affected by the new Zero-G because I forgot that fight takes place in zero gravity. That might be the boss fight I'm looking forward to most just because it'll be so different. Grin
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Dead Space | Extended Gameplay Walkthrough
If the last trailer didn't have enough gameplay for your liking, an eight-minute long gameplay walkthrough has been released:

I've not watched it yet as I've only just come across it, but I'll definitely give it a look to see how well this game is doing at trying to capture and refine the feel of the original. Smile

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Dead Space | Extended Gameplay Walkthrough
If the last trailer didn't have enough gameplay for your liking, an eight-minute long gameplay walkthrough has been released:

I've not watched it yet as I've only just come across it, but I'll definitely give it a look to see how well this game is doing at trying to capture and refine the feel of the original. Smile
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
First 18 Minutes of Dead Space Remake
IGN has put out a video showing the first 18 minutes of the Dead Space Remake:

I decided to watch it since I'm not worried about spoilers in the opening section, and for the most part the only notable changes are in the dialogue due to Isaac speaking now and what happens in the initial moments from landing on the Ishimura until the flight lounge attack. Overall I really love what I saw and it makes me excited to see how much the rest of the game has been improved to feel familiar yet incredibly fresh at the same time. Grin

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
First 18 Minutes of Dead Space Remake
IGN has put out a video showing the first 18 minutes of the Dead Space Remake:

I decided to watch it since I'm not worried about spoilers in the opening section, and for the most part the only notable changes are in the dialogue due to Isaac speaking now and what happens in the initial moments from landing on the Ishimura until the flight lounge attack. Overall I really love what I saw and it makes me excited to see how much the rest of the game has been improved to feel familiar yet incredibly fresh at the same time. Grin
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Dead Space | Launch Trailer

Man this looks so good! I love the brief glimpses of what look to be new sections or events mixed in that don't spoil any of them but give enough to make me really excited to see them in full! I know for sure that tentacle grab is not one in the original game so it'll be fun to possibly get caught off guard by a new one when I'm going to be expecting all the existing ones. Grin

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Dead Space | Launch Trailer

Man this looks so good! I love the brief glimpses of what look to be new sections or events mixed in that don't spoil any of them but give enough to make me really excited to see them in full! I know for sure that tentacle grab is not one in the original game so it'll be fun to possibly get caught off guard by a new one when I'm going to be expecting all the existing ones. Grin
Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 4,345
Metroid Mario Kart Super Mario Bros. 
I only watched the trailer, but damn it does look really really good! Grin
[Image: wrdxyKE.png]

Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 4,345 Metroid Mario Kart Super Mario Bros. 
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jan 13th, 2023, 04:44 PM)Frank Wrote:
Considering you've never played Dead Space, I would definitely advise not to watch more than the trailer. I feel it's a given for pretty much anything horror but going in blind is the best way to experience this.
That said, despite knowing the original Dead Space like the back of my hand, I'm excited at how playing the remake is going to feel blind for me in a lot of places due to the new areas and how encounters are no longer locked solely to set rooms and locations; instead the remake uses a dynamic system to decide if/where/when the player should be subjected to particular things. This article goes into it well if anyone wants to read it: https://www.ea.com/games/dead-space/dead...y-director

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jan 13th, 2023, 04:44 PM)Frank Wrote:
Considering you've never played Dead Space, I would definitely advise not to watch more than the trailer. I feel it's a given for pretty much anything horror but going in blind is the best way to experience this.
That said, despite knowing the original Dead Space like the back of my hand, I'm excited at how playing the remake is going to feel blind for me in a lot of places due to the new areas and how encounters are no longer locked solely to set rooms and locations; instead the remake uses a dynamic system to decide if/where/when the player should be subjected to particular things. This article goes into it well if anyone wants to read it: https://www.ea.com/games/dead-space/dead...y-director
ShiraNoMai Online
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,187
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I can't believe it's out so soon - hoping all the love they put into it really shows itself in this :3
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Online
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,187 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I can't believe it's out so soon - hoping all the love they put into it really shows itself in this :3
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jan 15th, 2023, 12:04 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
I really think it will, and I'm curious what they'll do moving forward. As nice as it would be, Dead Space 2 being remade doesn't feel as necessary to do compared to remaking the first game, and I also don't want to just see this series taking the same steps and potentially putting itself into the same corner that killed it in the first place, because even with gameplay changes I don't think DS3's story was worth telling in the first place and that games ending left no room for a fourth game.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jan 15th, 2023, 12:04 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
I really think it will, and I'm curious what they'll do moving forward. As nice as it would be, Dead Space 2 being remade doesn't feel as necessary to do compared to remaking the first game, and I also don't want to just see this series taking the same steps and potentially putting itself into the same corner that killed it in the first place, because even with gameplay changes I don't think DS3's story was worth telling in the first place and that games ending left no room for a fourth game.
ShiraNoMai Online
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,187
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
If anything, I can see if this gets well-received enough (critically and fiscally) that EA would consider this a point to reboot the series with Motive at the helm. Smile
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Online
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,187 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
If anything, I can see if this gets well-received enough (critically and fiscally) that EA would consider this a point to reboot the series with Motive at the helm. Smile
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Critically the game is set on that front, so now it just comes down to sales. I'm hoping if they are maybe initially lower than they could be that EA realizes that wariness could factor in for a lot of people, similar to how the sales for Alien Isolation were affected by the dumpster fire that was Colonial Marines before it despite Isolation being a very good game.

Not sure how I feel about the Impossible Mode the remake has though. A single attempt to beat the game and having to restart entirely if you die is unnecessarily brutal, more so by having a trophy and unlocks attached to it. I feel it's a bad sign for a difficulty mode when the biggest piece of advice to give for it is to save scum. Errm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Critically the game is set on that front, so now it just comes down to sales. I'm hoping if they are maybe initially lower than they could be that EA realizes that wariness could factor in for a lot of people, similar to how the sales for Alien Isolation were affected by the dumpster fire that was Colonial Marines before it despite Isolation being a very good game.

Not sure how I feel about the Impossible Mode the remake has though. A single attempt to beat the game and having to restart entirely if you die is unnecessarily brutal, more so by having a trophy and unlocks attached to it. I feel it's a bad sign for a difficulty mode when the biggest piece of advice to give for it is to save scum. Errm

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hades (Series) | Hades II Early Access Announcement Moonface 15 6,509 5 hours ago
Last Post: Moonface
  Rayman (Series) Moonface 17 9,878 Yesterday, 02:44 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Dragon's Dogma (Series) Moonface 120 12,714 Apr 12th, 2024, 09:29 PM
  Persona (Series) | P3R Episode Aigis – The Answer Revealed Moonface 20 1,427 Apr 7th, 2024, 07:42 PM
  Pokémon (Series) | Feb. 27 Presents Summary Moonface 100 26,695 Apr 7th, 2024, 07:26 PM