Sonic The Hedgehog (Series)
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,671
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Sonic Superstars | Nintendo Direct Trailer
A new trailer for Sonic Superstars was shown during today's Nintendo Direct, and although nothing notably new was shown we did at least get a little extra insight into the powers of the blue and purple Chaos Emeralds.

[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,671 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Sonic Superstars | Nintendo Direct Trailer
A new trailer for Sonic Superstars was shown during today's Nintendo Direct, and although nothing notably new was shown we did at least get a little extra insight into the powers of the blue and purple Chaos Emeralds.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 18th, 2023, 04:58 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
It looks fantastic. It's all gonna be a matter of how it plays.

The dev has me sketch because I have a history with them. Arzest (Artoon) were the ones that took over Yoshi game development until the home console development for Yoshi games began (2004-2014), namely by Sonic creator Naoto Ohshima, and those games were... well they didn't get the vibe check from me. This being a Sonic instance has a lot in its favor consequently because of his history with Sonic's core concept, so.. the looks will be on point. Just how will the game play? Time will tell. Seems fine so far, though
It seems the general consensus is that this isn't an overall good game and falls short in a lot of ways, and I don't know entirely what they experienced but a Twitch streamer I just put on (NobletOfU) was on the final boss for the Sonic campaign and it looked really, really dull, and I presume this was his first character campaign as he said he isn't touching any of the others and regrets spending $60 on such a poorly made game.
Shame because the initial pitch for Superstars looked so good and promising, but the curse of Sonic Coin Flips™ strikes again it seems.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 18th, 2023, 04:58 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
It looks fantastic. It's all gonna be a matter of how it plays.

The dev has me sketch because I have a history with them. Arzest (Artoon) were the ones that took over Yoshi game development until the home console development for Yoshi games began (2004-2014), namely by Sonic creator Naoto Ohshima, and those games were... well they didn't get the vibe check from me. This being a Sonic instance has a lot in its favor consequently because of his history with Sonic's core concept, so.. the looks will be on point. Just how will the game play? Time will tell. Seems fine so far, though
It seems the general consensus is that this isn't an overall good game and falls short in a lot of ways, and I don't know entirely what they experienced but a Twitch streamer I just put on (NobletOfU) was on the final boss for the Sonic campaign and it looked really, really dull, and I presume this was his first character campaign as he said he isn't touching any of the others and regrets spending $60 on such a poorly made game.
Shame because the initial pitch for Superstars looked so good and promising, but the curse of Sonic Coin Flips™ strikes again it seems.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
So disappointing how they just can't make a Sonic game be good still, they really need to hire the people who remade Sonic'06 called P-'06 into an actual good game, I watched a video on it a while ago.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
So disappointing how they just can't make a Sonic game be good still, they really need to hire the people who remade Sonic'06 called P-'06 into an actual good game, I watched a video on it a while ago.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 18th, 2023, 10:40 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Hadn't read this until now, but I never knew Sonic '06 was given a fan remake. Was it a ground-up style remake or was it modifying the original game? It sounds like the fan rework to Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness that I think is still ongoing that has apparently really revamped that game, although I haven't ever looked into it.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 18th, 2023, 10:40 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Hadn't read this until now, but I never knew Sonic '06 was given a fan remake. Was it a ground-up style remake or was it modifying the original game? It sounds like the fan rework to Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness that I think is still ongoing that has apparently really revamped that game, although I haven't ever looked into it.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
A ground-up style done in Unity with changes made to make it play and look better from day setting to gameplay.

This is the video I watched a while ago about it, the first 8 minutes gives you the gist of it then after goes into the story sections and some more.

[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
A ground-up style done in Unity with changes made to make it play and look better from day setting to gameplay.

This is the video I watched a while ago about it, the first 8 minutes gives you the gist of it then after goes into the story sections and some more.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Persona (Series) | P3 Aigis The First Answer Port Announced Moonface 21 1,436 47 minutes ago
Last Post: Moonface
  Rayman (Series) Moonface 18 9,887 Yesterday, 10:07 PM
  Hades (Series) | Hades II Early Access Announcement Moonface 15 6,523 Apr 17th, 2024, 10:19 PM
  Dragon's Dogma (Series) Moonface 120 12,746 Apr 12th, 2024, 09:29 PM
  Pokémon (Series) | Feb. 27 Presents Summary Moonface 100 26,732 Apr 7th, 2024, 07:26 PM