Sonic The Hedgehog (Series)
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Other Sonic games probably didn't need to switch music for fights because if combat was a focus of the game then the music would usually already be pretty banging and high octane. I saw this video of a fan made open world Sonic game and although not perfect, it nails a lot more right than Team Sonic have managed:

[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Other Sonic games probably didn't need to switch music for fights because if combat was a focus of the game then the music would usually already be pretty banging and high octane. I saw this video of a fan made open world Sonic game and although not perfect, it nails a lot more right than Team Sonic have managed:

Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Yeah so Team Sonic, just get this/these peeps in and Frontier would be so much better. That actually feels like a genuine Sonic game in that video with the speed, and the jumping momentum is nuts crazy. XD
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Yeah so Team Sonic, just get this/these peeps in and Frontier would be so much better. That actually feels like a genuine Sonic game in that video with the speed, and the jumping momentum is nuts crazy. XD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him

Can't say I expected to see ONE OK ROCK attached to a Sonic game. XD

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him

Can't say I expected to see ONE OK ROCK attached to a Sonic game. XD
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
I originally was excited for this game but since the announcement, I've become less and less interested and I really don't know why.
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
I originally was excited for this game but since the announcement, I've become less and less interested and I really don't know why.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 23rd, 2022, 05:12 PM)WrestleRacer91 Wrote:
Maybe because on paper the idea of an open world Sonic game sounds like something that could work well, especially for allowing room to have him run at high speeds in 3D environments. Unfortunately I don't think Sega have done too well with marketing this game, by having stuff that should've been part of the reveal held back in favor of stuff that didn't give a good first impression.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 23rd, 2022, 05:12 PM)WrestleRacer91 Wrote:
Maybe because on paper the idea of an open world Sonic game sounds like something that could work well, especially for allowing room to have him run at high speeds in 3D environments. Unfortunately I don't think Sega have done too well with marketing this game, by having stuff that should've been part of the reveal held back in favor of stuff that didn't give a good first impression.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The Murder of Sonic the Hedgehog Announced
Sega might have won the best "prank" of April Fools this year, with an announcement that Sonic.... is dead!

And yes, the game is actually real: https://store.steampowered.com/app/23246..._Hedgehog/

I love the Sonic social media account, and seeing that team decide to put together a full game for April Fools is so good. XD Not sure if I'll play it or not but I doubt I'll see a better April Fools prank this year compared to this one.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The Murder of Sonic the Hedgehog Announced
Sega might have won the best "prank" of April Fools this year, with an announcement that Sonic.... is dead!

And yes, the game is actually real: https://store.steampowered.com/app/23246..._Hedgehog/

I love the Sonic social media account, and seeing that team decide to put together a full game for April Fools is so good. XD Not sure if I'll play it or not but I doubt I'll see a better April Fools prank this year compared to this one.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
It was very well made, honestly. I saw a whole playthrough of it today. 2-3 hour game at most. Visual novel murder-mystery style, it's cute.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
It was very well made, honestly. I saw a whole playthrough of it today. 2-3 hour game at most. Visual novel murder-mystery style, it's cute.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
OK, I haven't been searching for April Fool's stuff but this definitely wins, and being a full (shortish) game to boot is just brilliant. XD Y'know, I might play actually.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
OK, I haven't been searching for April Fool's stuff but this definitely wins, and being a full (shortish) game to boot is just brilliant. XD Y'know, I might play actually.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I did play the Murder of Sonic the Hedgehog and I loved it. The story was great, but having to play Sonic stages was a pain, and needed to have controller support since I'm used to using one with sonic games, lol.
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I did play the Murder of Sonic the Hedgehog and I loved it. The story was great, but having to play Sonic stages was a pain, and needed to have controller support since I'm used to using one with sonic games, lol.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 2nd, 2023, 08:57 AM)queenzelda Wrote:
...having to play Sonic stages was a pain, and needed to have controller support since I'm used to using one with sonic games, lol.
I guess it doesn't have it since the game is mostly point-and-click, plus maybe adding that support isn't something the social media team knew or had the time to do? Unsure

Also it's funny to see that a free-to-play April Fool's joke not made by Team Sonic or any other actual game development studio is the highest rated Sonic game of all time on Steam. ROFL
I would play it myself but having already seen the majority of it on Twitch it feels pointless to bother with now. Mellow

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 2nd, 2023, 08:57 AM)queenzelda Wrote:
...having to play Sonic stages was a pain, and needed to have controller support since I'm used to using one with sonic games, lol.
I guess it doesn't have it since the game is mostly point-and-click, plus maybe adding that support isn't something the social media team knew or had the time to do? Unsure

Also it's funny to see that a free-to-play April Fool's joke not made by Team Sonic or any other actual game development studio is the highest rated Sonic game of all time on Steam. ROFL
I would play it myself but having already seen the majority of it on Twitch it feels pointless to bother with now. Mellow
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Sonic Superstars | Reveal Trailer
Revealed during today's Summer Game Fest presentation, Sonic The Hedgehog is returning to his roots in this brand new 2D platformer coming later this year:

Featuring an all-new look and four-player local multiplayer support, join Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Amy Rose on an adventure that takes "classic" to another level as they take on Dr. Eggman and returning classic foe Fang. Sonic Superstars will take place on the North Star Islands, which is host to never-before-seen environments and levels. Sega also teased a new role for the Chaos Emeralds in Sonic Superstars; instead of collecting all seven to power up into Super Sonic, each individual Emerald contains its own unique Emerald Power. Some examples include creating clones of yourself and climbing waterfalls.

Sonic Superstars releases in Fall 2023 for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PC. It will also cost $59.99, instead of adopting the higher price tag a lot of games have nowadays.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Sonic Superstars | Reveal Trailer
Revealed during today's Summer Game Fest presentation, Sonic The Hedgehog is returning to his roots in this brand new 2D platformer coming later this year:

Featuring an all-new look and four-player local multiplayer support, join Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Amy Rose on an adventure that takes "classic" to another level as they take on Dr. Eggman and returning classic foe Fang. Sonic Superstars will take place on the North Star Islands, which is host to never-before-seen environments and levels. Sega also teased a new role for the Chaos Emeralds in Sonic Superstars; instead of collecting all seven to power up into Super Sonic, each individual Emerald contains its own unique Emerald Power. Some examples include creating clones of yourself and climbing waterfalls.

Sonic Superstars releases in Fall 2023 for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PC. It will also cost $59.99, instead of adopting the higher price tag a lot of games have nowadays.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Looking like a good move even if for one game for the Sonic series, revamping the old look to modern times, even more so than what Generations did. Surprised the Emeralds having their own individual power wasn't implemented sooner really.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Looking like a good move even if for one game for the Sonic series, revamping the old look to modern times, even more so than what Generations did. Surprised the Emeralds having their own individual power wasn't implemented sooner really.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Mr EliteL: Yeah the individual emeralds not doing anything until now seems really weird in hindsight. I guess maybe Sonic Team didn't think of it over just throwing whatever game idea as a whole at the wall and seeing what sticks.

Didn't watch this yet but IGN Japan put out a ten minute gameplay video for Sonic Superstars earlier today:

The music is placeholder for anyone who notices it's not a new track by the way. Wink

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Mr EliteL: Yeah the individual emeralds not doing anything until now seems really weird in hindsight. I guess maybe Sonic Team didn't think of it over just throwing whatever game idea as a whole at the wall and seeing what sticks.

Didn't watch this yet but IGN Japan put out a ten minute gameplay video for Sonic Superstars earlier today:

The music is placeholder for anyone who notices it's not a new track by the way. Wink
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Thought it was a placeholder, definitely by the miniboss and...the level boss too having the same music. Yeah that's probably what it was like in older games but I'd think a miniboss then Eggman/Robotnik boss should have different music. But hey what do I know, I doubt I'll play this anyway. Still, looks fine and reminded me of Sonic Advance, the only 2D Sonic platformer I've played.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Thought it was a placeholder, definitely by the miniboss and...the level boss too having the same music. Yeah that's probably what it was like in older games but I'd think a miniboss then Eggman/Robotnik boss should have different music. But hey what do I know, I doubt I'll play this anyway. Still, looks fine and reminded me of Sonic Advance, the only 2D Sonic platformer I've played.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
It looks fantastic. It's all gonna be a matter of how it plays.

The dev has me sketch because I have a history with them. Arzest (Artoon) were the ones that took over Yoshi game development until the home console development for Yoshi games began (2004-2014), namely by Sonic creator Naoto Ohshima, and those games were... well they didn't get the vibe check from me. This being a Sonic instance has a lot in its favor consequently because of his history with Sonic's core concept, so.. the looks will be on point. Just how will the game play? Time will tell. Seems fine so far, though
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
It looks fantastic. It's all gonna be a matter of how it plays.

The dev has me sketch because I have a history with them. Arzest (Artoon) were the ones that took over Yoshi game development until the home console development for Yoshi games began (2004-2014), namely by Sonic creator Naoto Ohshima, and those games were... well they didn't get the vibe check from me. This being a Sonic instance has a lot in its favor consequently because of his history with Sonic's core concept, so.. the looks will be on point. Just how will the game play? Time will tell. Seems fine so far, though

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dragon's Dogma (Series) Moonface 113 11,898 Mar 26th, 2024, 01:41 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Pokémon (Series) | Feb. 27 Presents Summary Moonface 99 25,962 Mar 18th, 2024, 04:55 AM
Last Post: queenzelda
  Paper Mario (Series) | TTYD Remaster Announced Moonface 22 8,448 Mar 12th, 2024, 10:56 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Persona (Series) | P3R Episode Aigis – The Answer Revealed Moonface 19 1,266 Mar 9th, 2024, 03:57 AM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  NieR (Series) | NieR 3 Teased? Moonface 43 12,824 Mar 2nd, 2024, 12:39 AM
Last Post: Moonface