I'm Back! | An old "Golden" Member Approaches
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,168
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Dec 7th, 2022, 04:49 AM)Frank Wrote:
I was granted a review copy and will be doing a written review soon! I will make sure to post it up when it's finished.

I'm just waiting on my Elite 2 controller to arrive before I start, but it's currently downloading.
So I was curious about this but didn't want to derail the Callisto thread; what did it take for you to start getting review copies of games?
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,168 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I was granted a review copy and will be doing a written review soon! I will make sure to post it up when it's finished.

I'm just waiting on my Elite 2 controller to arrive before I start, but it's currently downloading.
So I was curious about this but didn't want to derail the Callisto thread; what did it take for you to start getting review copies of games?
Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 4,345
Metroid Mario Kart Super Mario Bros. 
(Dec 7th, 2022, 10:20 PM)Moonface Wrote:

I was actually approached by someone I knew, who asked if I was interested in writing reviews. I was writing reviews of random games on a site he and I both used, and one thing let to another. You're welcome to message me if you want to discuss this further!
[Image: wrdxyKE.png]

Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 4,345 Metroid Mario Kart Super Mario Bros. 

I was actually approached by someone I knew, who asked if I was interested in writing reviews. I was writing reviews of random games on a site he and I both used, and one thing let to another. You're welcome to message me if you want to discuss this further!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 20th, 2022, 04:39 AM)Frank Wrote:

So after our private chat on the matter I just want to say it was really interesting to find out the way things work doesn't really change drastically based on size. ^_^

Also, just as a poke I replied to your Pac-Man World Re-Pac review a while back in case you missed it. Thinking of that game, would you want to see any of the other Pac-Man World games given the same treatment that game got?

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him

So after our private chat on the matter I just want to say it was really interesting to find out the way things work doesn't really change drastically based on size. ^_^

Also, just as a poke I replied to your Pac-Man World Re-Pac review a while back in case you missed it. Thinking of that game, would you want to see any of the other Pac-Man World games given the same treatment that game got?
Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 4,345
Metroid Mario Kart Super Mario Bros. 
(Dec 21st, 2022, 01:17 AM)Moonface Wrote:

Oh absolutely! I'd really like to see both World 2 and 3 receive the same treatment. While I'd prefer a remake of 2, as I enjoyed that game as a kid, I think 3 is the most in need of a remake.

Or I'd be cool with a Pac-Man World 2 remake, followed up by a new game entirely.  Wow
[Image: wrdxyKE.png]

Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 4,345 Metroid Mario Kart Super Mario Bros. 
(Dec 21st, 2022, 01:17 AM)Moonface Wrote:

Oh absolutely! I'd really like to see both World 2 and 3 receive the same treatment. While I'd prefer a remake of 2, as I enjoyed that game as a kid, I think 3 is the most in need of a remake.

Or I'd be cool with a Pac-Man World 2 remake, followed up by a new game entirely.  Wow
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
For as much as I loved Pac-Man World as a kid, for some reason I just never took interest in getting the sequels. I think when they initially released I didn't know they even existed, and by the time I did find out about them I probably just didn't have any interest by that point (pretty sure I didn't find out they existed until after the PS3 launched) and having not really heard about them maybe assumed they wouldn't be that good compared to the first game.

Do PMW2/3 play similarly to the first (excluding any sequel improvements that are expected) or did they take a different approach to stuff?

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
For as much as I loved Pac-Man World as a kid, for some reason I just never took interest in getting the sequels. I think when they initially released I didn't know they even existed, and by the time I did find out about them I probably just didn't have any interest by that point (pretty sure I didn't find out they existed until after the PS3 launched) and having not really heard about them maybe assumed they wouldn't be that good compared to the first game.

Do PMW2/3 play similarly to the first (excluding any sequel improvements that are expected) or did they take a different approach to stuff?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I’m back! Metallix 10 7,725 Aug 6th, 2021, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  I'm back! Smokey 5 6,555 Jun 8th, 2018, 01:01 AM
Last Post: Nightingale