Halloween 2020
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,794
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
So we're in that special month of spooks and scares. Anyone have any plans for this upcoming Halloween? 

I don't do anything for Halloween myself, but my mother and sister absolutely love it. So this year I decided to contribute to my mom's decorating by getting her an early Christmas gift. It's a 9' x 10' giant inflatable dragon that has flapping wings. She showed me a video of it she took when she was at Menards a couple of weeks ago (Menards is like Home Depot, but only in the mid-west for those who don't know). It's a bit expensive (coming in at around $170), but she really seemed to love it and I figured it would make a great early Christmas present and add a lot to her decorating. So two birds with one stone.

I'll be more interested to see how trick-or-treating turns out this year. I'm in an area where hardly anyone gives a crap about the COVID restrictions, so I imagine I'll still see a lot of families out trick-or-treating. Regardless it doesn't matter to me either way, because I don't hand out candy anyways. On the rare chance that I actually get Halloween off, I'm too busy spending the night doing hardcore gaming to hand candy out. Knowing how my work schedule normally goes though, I'm 98% likely to be stuck working Halloween. Maybe I can have some fun and see if there are any Coronavirus costumes out there that I can dress up in for work that night.

Ideally I get the night off so I can do some gaming and spend the night watching spooky Phasmophobia streams.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,794 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
So we're in that special month of spooks and scares. Anyone have any plans for this upcoming Halloween? 

I don't do anything for Halloween myself, but my mother and sister absolutely love it. So this year I decided to contribute to my mom's decorating by getting her an early Christmas gift. It's a 9' x 10' giant inflatable dragon that has flapping wings. She showed me a video of it she took when she was at Menards a couple of weeks ago (Menards is like Home Depot, but only in the mid-west for those who don't know). It's a bit expensive (coming in at around $170), but she really seemed to love it and I figured it would make a great early Christmas present and add a lot to her decorating. So two birds with one stone.

I'll be more interested to see how trick-or-treating turns out this year. I'm in an area where hardly anyone gives a crap about the COVID restrictions, so I imagine I'll still see a lot of families out trick-or-treating. Regardless it doesn't matter to me either way, because I don't hand out candy anyways. On the rare chance that I actually get Halloween off, I'm too busy spending the night doing hardcore gaming to hand candy out. Knowing how my work schedule normally goes though, I'm 98% likely to be stuck working Halloween. Maybe I can have some fun and see if there are any Coronavirus costumes out there that I can dress up in for work that night.

Ideally I get the night off so I can do some gaming and spend the night watching spooky Phasmophobia streams.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,110
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I never really do anything for Halloween, so it'll be usual nothing for me. Although I earlier when covid happened and it was likely to be with us till October, I had the idea of dressing up for work as they allow us if we wish to. My idea was going to be a doctor, although I knew many people would have the same idea, but I was to have more to the costume but forgot what I would've added, as I later decided to not bother. So it'll be interesting o see what other people will come up related to the virus, not just at work and where I am, but anywhere else too. That and other er...unrelated costumes and decorations too.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,110 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I never really do anything for Halloween, so it'll be usual nothing for me. Although I earlier when covid happened and it was likely to be with us till October, I had the idea of dressing up for work as they allow us if we wish to. My idea was going to be a doctor, although I knew many people would have the same idea, but I was to have more to the costume but forgot what I would've added, as I later decided to not bother. So it'll be interesting o see what other people will come up related to the virus, not just at work and where I am, but anywhere else too. That and other er...unrelated costumes and decorations too.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,794
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Just dress up as COVID and chase customers around the store. You'd laugh, they'd laugh, everyone would have a good time. I'm sure there's no way your manager would possibly have a problem with you doing something like that.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,794 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Just dress up as COVID and chase customers around the store. You'd laugh, they'd laugh, everyone would have a good time. I'm sure there's no way your manager would possibly have a problem with you doing something like that.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,538
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Nah, plague doctor is what you want to be. Wink

I don't know if this is planned for Halloween itself but I do know Shira and I will be playing some horror games and watching some horror movies with our friends this month. Other than that, we'll probably decorate the house a little just because we like the decorations being out, and that's probably it. I don't know if I want to have trick or treaters knocking on the door this year, so maybe I'll just put a bowl of candy out but I might not even bother since last year we bought candy and barely anyone came, so I expect virtually no one this year.

On the bright side, less people trick or treating means less people buying the Halloween candy, which means a lot of it will probably end up on sale come November 1st. Grin
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,538 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Nah, plague doctor is what you want to be. Wink

I don't know if this is planned for Halloween itself but I do know Shira and I will be playing some horror games and watching some horror movies with our friends this month. Other than that, we'll probably decorate the house a little just because we like the decorations being out, and that's probably it. I don't know if I want to have trick or treaters knocking on the door this year, so maybe I'll just put a bowl of candy out but I might not even bother since last year we bought candy and barely anyone came, so I expect virtually no one this year.

On the bright side, less people trick or treating means less people buying the Halloween candy, which means a lot of it will probably end up on sale come November 1st. Grin
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,110
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Wonder if somewhere has made a COVID costume to buy. XD So far found a green molecule virus costume for £600+...what?!

Also wonder if there's guidelines yet for trick or treaters this year like going with only people from your household, if meeting up others only x number as a group, wash finger/hand after ringing doorbell/knocking if you're barehanded. Or just plain out "No Trick or Treating". Which I can see some places might stupidly do, but that'll be hard to manage.
OK there already is this, but I meant closer to the time and from governments. Eh.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,110 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Wonder if somewhere has made a COVID costume to buy. XD So far found a green molecule virus costume for £600+...what?!

Also wonder if there's guidelines yet for trick or treaters this year like going with only people from your household, if meeting up others only x number as a group, wash finger/hand after ringing doorbell/knocking if you're barehanded. Or just plain out "No Trick or Treating". Which I can see some places might stupidly do, but that'll be hard to manage.
OK there already is this, but I meant closer to the time and from governments. Eh.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,538
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I doubt anywhere could enforce no trick or treating, and who you go with is irrelevant because you're still going to interact with people at every house you visit who are obviously not your group. I know my parents aren't going to decorate outside this year, since a large amount of the props are interactive and they don't need the hassle of wiping everything down at the end of the night on top of taking it all down. The only safe way to really do trick or treating is just leave a bowl of candy outside and hope no one is a prick and takes the whole thing, but even then it isn't going to be sanitary for those taking the candy later into the night as more and more people have touched the candy and it only takes one person to have it on their hand.

If I put out a bowl of candy I'm just using candy I won't eat myself, so that way at the end of the night whatever is left I can just throw away without wishing I could eat it all.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,538 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I doubt anywhere could enforce no trick or treating, and who you go with is irrelevant because you're still going to interact with people at every house you visit who are obviously not your group. I know my parents aren't going to decorate outside this year, since a large amount of the props are interactive and they don't need the hassle of wiping everything down at the end of the night on top of taking it all down. The only safe way to really do trick or treating is just leave a bowl of candy outside and hope no one is a prick and takes the whole thing, but even then it isn't going to be sanitary for those taking the candy later into the night as more and more people have touched the candy and it only takes one person to have it on their hand.

If I put out a bowl of candy I'm just using candy I won't eat myself, so that way at the end of the night whatever is left I can just throw away without wishing I could eat it all.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Happy Halloween! Moonface 3 702 Nov 5th, 2022, 07:31 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  2020 Holiday Season Thread Moonface 15 7,395 Jan 18th, 2021, 11:54 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  What's Been Good About 2020? Moonface 8 4,404 Sep 25th, 2020, 06:44 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL