General Game Chat
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
That feeling when you complete a game, only to realize it had no platinum trophy. :|

Game I'm talking about is "Child of Light", thought I saw that it had a platinum, but nope. Finished the last trophy and didn't get a second trophy to pop after it, so I was like, "NANI!?" and I checked the list. Oops.

Oh well, not that it ruins a play through of a game. I just intended on using it as a quick game to platinum before NieR. Overall I'd say that CoL was a huge disappointment. So not only did it not have a platinum, it was also not really worth playing. RIP the 10 hours I won't get back from playing it.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
That feeling when you complete a game, only to realize it had no platinum trophy. :|

Game I'm talking about is "Child of Light", thought I saw that it had a platinum, but nope. Finished the last trophy and didn't get a second trophy to pop after it, so I was like, "NANI!?" and I checked the list. Oops.

Oh well, not that it ruins a play through of a game. I just intended on using it as a quick game to platinum before NieR. Overall I'd say that CoL was a huge disappointment. So not only did it not have a platinum, it was also not really worth playing. RIP the 10 hours I won't get back from playing it.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I hate games that lack a platinum trophy. I understand it for episodic games because they don't have a single trophy list, but anything with a single list should really come with a Platinum. Still not the biggest sin a trophy list can have though; that would go to games that have trophies that can't be earned due to being time sensitive or relying on features that will eventually be removed, such as multiplayer (except for games that are only multiplayer and so can't avoid it).
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I hate games that lack a platinum trophy. I understand it for episodic games because they don't have a single trophy list, but anything with a single list should really come with a Platinum. Still not the biggest sin a trophy list can have though; that would go to games that have trophies that can't be earned due to being time sensitive or relying on features that will eventually be removed, such as multiplayer (except for games that are only multiplayer and so can't avoid it).
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I'm in that situation with Grand Kingdom. They removed the online, and that was the only way to earn enough Flags for one of the trophies, and now that trophy is forever unobtainable because they didn't do the smart thing and patch in a way to earn them offline instead.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I'm in that situation with Grand Kingdom. They removed the online, and that was the only way to earn enough Flags for one of the trophies, and now that trophy is forever unobtainable because they didn't do the smart thing and patch in a way to earn them offline instead.
ShiraNoMai Online
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yeah I think the solution to that would be DL's suggestion of patching in offline attainability, or grant the user the trophy once online has been disabled by default.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Online
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yeah I think the solution to that would be DL's suggestion of patching in offline attainability, or grant the user the trophy once online has been disabled by default.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So I have a couple of things I want to talk about but I don't think/know if either warrant a thread yet.

1) Apparently every single studio under Activision is now working on CoD. This rather depressing news came about after Toys For Bob (developers of Crash 4 and Spyro Reignited) announced they were being moved onto CoD, and a large number of staff at the company resigned right there or shared that they had left the company a few months ago because of this eventual development. Vicarious Visions are also working on CoD and got put onto it a while ago. I don't know every game it affects, but a lot of people (myself included) are concerned that franchises like Crash and Spyro are going back into limbo because any developer who worked on those since the revival have now all been moved to doing CoD and nothing else. I'd like to hope that won't be the case but it looks like Activision are just going all in on the money train of CoD at the expense of everything else. Eh

2) Anyone else interested in Returnal? I've been watching Barb play it on Twitch and this is the first released game for the PS5 that makes me want one. Not that I would get a PS5 just for this game but no other releases yet have made me want to play them as soon as I can.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So I have a couple of things I want to talk about but I don't think/know if either warrant a thread yet.

1) Apparently every single studio under Activision is now working on CoD. This rather depressing news came about after Toys For Bob (developers of Crash 4 and Spyro Reignited) announced they were being moved onto CoD, and a large number of staff at the company resigned right there or shared that they had left the company a few months ago because of this eventual development. Vicarious Visions are also working on CoD and got put onto it a while ago. I don't know every game it affects, but a lot of people (myself included) are concerned that franchises like Crash and Spyro are going back into limbo because any developer who worked on those since the revival have now all been moved to doing CoD and nothing else. I'd like to hope that won't be the case but it looks like Activision are just going all in on the money train of CoD at the expense of everything else. Eh

2) Anyone else interested in Returnal? I've been watching Barb play it on Twitch and this is the first released game for the PS5 that makes me want one. Not that I would get a PS5 just for this game but no other releases yet have made me want to play them as soon as I can.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Everything under Activision focusing on one game sounds iffy. Not surprised TfB lost members of their team to that decision. CoD's become....ahhh like I care about it but yeah that's disappointing. Better be the best CoD game ever, but what on Earth could make it better over what previous games have done other than being the newest with every player fighting it out to be the best of the latest CoD? Glad I jumped off ship after Finest Hour before Multiplayer/PvP became it's selling point, as that isn't my thing. (or 3, never finished that and didn't get the second game)

Returnal? Either I ignored that or forgot about it, so it new to me. Just watched 20 minutes of gameplay right at the start, does have the makings of something good, especially when Maximilian Dood who I was watching has almost 8 hours of day 1 of playing. Might be more of wanting to watch over playing for me though (unless I see more that I like).
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Everything under Activision focusing on one game sounds iffy. Not surprised TfB lost members of their team to that decision. CoD's become....ahhh like I care about it but yeah that's disappointing. Better be the best CoD game ever, but what on Earth could make it better over what previous games have done other than being the newest with every player fighting it out to be the best of the latest CoD? Glad I jumped off ship after Finest Hour before Multiplayer/PvP became it's selling point, as that isn't my thing. (or 3, never finished that and didn't get the second game)

Returnal? Either I ignored that or forgot about it, so it new to me. Just watched 20 minutes of gameplay right at the start, does have the makings of something good, especially when Maximilian Dood who I was watching has almost 8 hours of day 1 of playing. Might be more of wanting to watch over playing for me though (unless I see more that I like).
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Activision likely just want to get as much CoD content out as they can because it makes the most money, and more teams means more content gets made faster. I doubt they need all those teams to help make the game better and I don't see why Activision would care about that when CoD makes them plenty of money in its current state.

Also, not really sure whether this would go in here or UCT but I'll throw it here, PlayStation have just announced they are partnering with Discord: https://www.sie.com/en/blog/announcing-p...h-discord/

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Activision likely just want to get as much CoD content out as they can because it makes the most money, and more teams means more content gets made faster. I doubt they need all those teams to help make the game better and I don't see why Activision would care about that when CoD makes them plenty of money in its current state.

Also, not really sure whether this would go in here or UCT but I'll throw it here, PlayStation have just announced they are partnering with Discord: https://www.sie.com/en/blog/announcing-p...h-discord/
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
>.=.< This is driving me nuts!

So, the Nocturne Remaster dropped yesterday, right? And Atlus West, on it's facebook page, shared a post about how "Hey guys, just remember: no spoilers!" Now, the ridiculousness of saying that about a game that is nearly 20 years old is already enough to rub me the wrong way. But the CAPTION for it is driving me insane, because it has the mother of all spoilers for that game, and even the entire mainline series! It makes no sense! It just makes no sense!
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
>.=.< This is driving me nuts!

So, the Nocturne Remaster dropped yesterday, right? And Atlus West, on it's facebook page, shared a post about how "Hey guys, just remember: no spoilers!" Now, the ridiculousness of saying that about a game that is nearly 20 years old is already enough to rub me the wrong way. But the CAPTION for it is driving me insane, because it has the mother of all spoilers for that game, and even the entire mainline series! It makes no sense! It just makes no sense!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Maniakkid25: I saw the post in question but without knowing the plot of the game it's hard for me to know just how big of a spoiler that is. Like for all I know it's a common thing to fight God in those games. XD

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Maniakkid25: I saw the post in question but without knowing the plot of the game it's hard for me to know just how big of a spoiler that is. Like for all I know it's a common thing to fight God in those games. XD
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
...I mean, there's really no way I can respond to that that doesn't give away a lot of the story of the entire series. And it doesn't help that this basically gives away three of the six possible endings in the game! It's THAT bad, and they have the balls to tell other people "yo, no spoilers!" >.=.< Spoiler culture drives me up a friggin' wall, sometimes!
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
...I mean, there's really no way I can respond to that that doesn't give away a lot of the story of the entire series. And it doesn't help that this basically gives away three of the six possible endings in the game! It's THAT bad, and they have the balls to tell other people "yo, no spoilers!" >.=.< Spoiler culture drives me up a friggin' wall, sometimes!
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728
Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
wait what was the caption? shit I already played the game but I haven't been on Facebook at all lately.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728 Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
wait what was the caption? shit I already played the game but I haven't been on Facebook at all lately.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
"Enjoy your time in the Vortex World, and don't forget to reject, attack, and/or dethrone God."

Like...seriously!
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
"Enjoy your time in the Vortex World, and don't forget to reject, attack, and/or dethrone God."

Like...seriously!
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
are you shitting me? lmfao that's really really bad. I mean yeah I mean general about smt but especially this game. maybe they were trolling? I mean that's the only reason I can think of that caption but then say no spoilers
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
are you shitting me? lmfao that's really really bad. I mean yeah I mean general about smt but especially this game. maybe they were trolling? I mean that's the only reason I can think of that caption but then say no spoilers
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
The problem is they've done this before; they made gaming headlines when they basically threatened streamers in order for them to not play past a specific date in game, because spoilers. They are super cereal about this. I hate spoiler culture so goddamn much!
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
The problem is they've done this before; they made gaming headlines when they basically threatened streamers in order for them to not play past a specific date in game, because spoilers. They are super cereal about this. I hate spoiler culture so goddamn much!
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
oh i remember the P5 nonsense. it's stupid. let them stream what they want. it's up to the viewers to avoid the content. I don't tell any channel to stop broadcasting a specific show. I just don't watch the program.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
oh i remember the P5 nonsense. it's stupid. let them stream what they want. it's up to the viewers to avoid the content. I don't tell any channel to stop broadcasting a specific show. I just don't watch the program.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do You View Smash Bros. as a Party Game or a Fighting Game? Moonface 5 730 Aug 2nd, 2023, 03:38 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Game creator Content ID'd on his own game Maniakkid25 4 4,847 Dec 7th, 2019, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Moonface