General Game Chat
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,211
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I think Bloodborne Kart just started out as a meme someone made by combining to wildly opposing game ideas into one as a meme leak, and then it caught on and became viral. LOL
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,211 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I think Bloodborne Kart just started out as a meme someone made by combining to wildly opposing game ideas into one as a meme leak, and then it caught on and became viral. LOL
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,529
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
So I was looking up the history of the name Bloodborne Kart to see what brought it into existence, since there's varying opinions on it in here, and discovered someone else made a Bloodborne Kart mockup a year ago for April Fools:

Oh, wait I just saw it's the person who's doing the actual real Bloodborne Kart attempt that we're all talking about... ROFL
Well then I guess we can use this as something to speculate how they might go about making the real thing then. XD

They also released a more recent video that showcases a battle mode:

Looks like it's just some PvE thing right now but the developer plans to have a PvP mode too if it works out.
As for my original purpose, it looks like this all came about because of this April Fool's prank, but I don't know if it originated with that or not. Trying to find out is hard because a lot of results are now for all this new stuff and not the original meme. Doh
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,529 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
So I was looking up the history of the name Bloodborne Kart to see what brought it into existence, since there's varying opinions on it in here, and discovered someone else made a Bloodborne Kart mockup a year ago for April Fools:

Oh, wait I just saw it's the person who's doing the actual real Bloodborne Kart attempt that we're all talking about... ROFL
Well then I guess we can use this as something to speculate how they might go about making the real thing then. XD

Looks like it's just some PvE thing right now but the developer plans to have a PvP mode too if it works out.
As for my original purpose, it looks like this all came about because of this April Fool's prank, but I don't know if it originated with that or not. Trying to find out is hard because a lot of results are now for all this new stuff and not the original meme. Doh
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I'm almost certain it came from some random twitter user meme-ing on the idea of it appearing or leaking on an E3 conference or something to that degree, and it just stuck for how ridiculous it sounded ROFL
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I'm almost certain it came from some random twitter user meme-ing on the idea of it appearing or leaking on an E3 conference or something to that degree, and it just stuck for how ridiculous it sounded ROFL
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,792
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Apr 5th, 2022, 09:10 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Yeah, the developer of the Bloodborne demake made an April Fools "Bloodborne Kart" video and said they were cancelling the BB demake in favor of doing BB Kart instead, and now a year later they decided to actually make BB Kart its own thing.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,792 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Apr 5th, 2022, 09:10 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Yeah, the developer of the Bloodborne demake made an April Fools "Bloodborne Kart" video and said they were cancelling the BB demake in favor of doing BB Kart instead, and now a year later they decided to actually make BB Kart its own thing.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I wonder if they're going to use BBKart as a way to test out putting environments together quicker since it won't require remaking all the other elements, because they can just stick the same kart assets and AI into every track. I'd assume it would aid with the BB demake in some way rather than just doubling the workload.

Since @Mr EliteL brought up a good point in the Xenoblade Chronicles 3 thread, I wanted to ask if anyone else knows of any games that actually got their dates moved forward rather than backwards? I can't remember any game doing it, especially in modern times. Hmm

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I wonder if they're going to use BBKart as a way to test out putting environments together quicker since it won't require remaking all the other elements, because they can just stick the same kart assets and AI into every track. I'd assume it would aid with the BB demake in some way rather than just doubling the workload.

Since @Mr EliteL brought up a good point in the Xenoblade Chronicles 3 thread, I wanted to ask if anyone else knows of any games that actually got their dates moved forward rather than backwards? I can't remember any game doing it, especially in modern times. Hmm
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I feel like this hasn't happened in quite some time. Probably pre-7th gen if I had to guess. Errm
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I feel like this hasn't happened in quite some time. Probably pre-7th gen if I had to guess. Errm
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 24th, 2022, 03:38 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
I tried looking on Google but absolutely nothing I try gets results of push forwards; it's just delays. I guess that shows just how rare it is for a game to be pushed forward notably enough to make the news.

@Dragon Lord: I know you're a fan of the Utawarerumono games (I forget if @Monocle is too but I'll tag him anyway because why not?) and just saw this on my internet travels:

How come they've dropped the Utawareumono name from the title of this one when apparently it is actually another game in that series? Unsure

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 24th, 2022, 03:38 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
I tried looking on Google but absolutely nothing I try gets results of push forwards; it's just delays. I guess that shows just how rare it is for a game to be pushed forward notably enough to make the news.

@Dragon Lord: I know you're a fan of the Utawarerumono games (I forget if @Monocle is too but I'll tag him anyway because why not?) and just saw this on my internet travels:

How come they've dropped the Utawareumono name from the title of this one when apparently it is actually another game in that series? Unsure
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Welp, a game I've been patiently waiting just killed itself dead in the water. So, Digimon Survive finally has a release date: July 29 of this year. Why could this be a bad thing?

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 drops the same day.

Yeah, the Switch sales are gonna SUUUUUUCK. The only good news for Digimon Survive is that it's releasing multiplatform (PC, Switch, Xbone, and PS4), so here's hoping it does okay...
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Welp, a game I've been patiently waiting just killed itself dead in the water. So, Digimon Survive finally has a release date: July 29 of this year. Why could this be a bad thing?

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 drops the same day.

Yeah, the Switch sales are gonna SUUUUUUCK. The only good news for Digimon Survive is that it's releasing multiplatform (PC, Switch, Xbone, and PS4), so here's hoping it does okay...
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
How well do the Digimon games normally sell @Maniakkid25? I ask because I never really hear about them but I don't know if it's because they sell just okay or they do really good but just aren't mainstream enough for most of the media to care to talk about them. Unsure

I don't think XC3 will hurt it much though except on Switch. Anyone without that system won't have to decide between the two.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
How well do the Digimon games normally sell @Maniakkid25? I ask because I never really hear about them but I don't know if it's because they sell just okay or they do really good but just aren't mainstream enough for most of the media to care to talk about them. Unsure

I don't think XC3 will hurt it much though except on Switch. Anyone without that system won't have to decide between the two.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
@Moonface Yeah, saw the trailer for that the day it came out. Super hyped to get more games in the Uta universe. Not sure why they didn't include the series' name in the title. Perhaps because they wanted to really make sure people new this was a spin-off prequel and not a continuation of the story after Mask of Truth? Either way, super fucking hyped for this. 2022 was already super stacked for JRPGs this year, probably the best year we'll ever see for them, and this just added to the pile.

As for Digimon games, sales have always been lukewarm at best, so I don't expect Digimon Survive to be hurt too badly by XC3. Like you said, Switch sales might suffer, but there's PS4 and PC sales to make up for it.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
@Moonface Yeah, saw the trailer for that the day it came out. Super hyped to get more games in the Uta universe. Not sure why they didn't include the series' name in the title. Perhaps because they wanted to really make sure people new this was a spin-off prequel and not a continuation of the story after Mask of Truth? Either way, super fucking hyped for this. 2022 was already super stacked for JRPGs this year, probably the best year we'll ever see for them, and this just added to the pile.

As for Digimon games, sales have always been lukewarm at best, so I don't expect Digimon Survive to be hurt too badly by XC3. Like you said, Switch sales might suffer, but there's PS4 and PC sales to make up for it.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 28th, 2022, 03:14 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
@Moonface  Yeah, saw the trailer for that the day it came out. Super hyped to get more games in the Uta universe. Not sure why they didn't include the series' name in the title. Perhaps because they wanted to really make sure people new this was a spin-off prequel and not a continuation of the story after Mask of Truth? Either way, super fucking hyped for this. 2022 was already super stacked for JRPGs this year, probably the best year we'll ever see for them, and this just added to the pile.
Do you think taking the name out will give it trouble for marketing to fans of the series? By that I mean would there by anything to make fans realise this is one of the Uta games without going out of their way to find that information out?

In what I expect will be the big news for today, Square Enix has sold off Crystal Dynamics, Eidos-Montreal, and Square Enix Montreal for $300 million to Embracer Group. Notable IP's that Embracer now hold include Tomb Raider, Deus Ex, and Legacy of Kain.
I'm not really surprised. SE views everything they develop in the West as a failure because they put ridiculously high expectations on them, as well as giving some of their games budgets that are bigger than most AAA games. For examples, Tomb Raider 2013 had a higher budget than Red Dead Redemption 2 ($80 million) and was on-par with GTA IV's budget ($100 million), while Shadow of the Tomb Raider had a budget of $135 million. I dread to think how much money got poured into the Marvel games considering the cost of the IP alone.

Hopefully it just means these IP's will get better treatment because they won't be beholden to such lofty goals that most games can't even reach.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 28th, 2022, 03:14 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
@Moonface  Yeah, saw the trailer for that the day it came out. Super hyped to get more games in the Uta universe. Not sure why they didn't include the series' name in the title. Perhaps because they wanted to really make sure people new this was a spin-off prequel and not a continuation of the story after Mask of Truth? Either way, super fucking hyped for this. 2022 was already super stacked for JRPGs this year, probably the best year we'll ever see for them, and this just added to the pile.
Do you think taking the name out will give it trouble for marketing to fans of the series? By that I mean would there by anything to make fans realise this is one of the Uta games without going out of their way to find that information out?

In what I expect will be the big news for today, Square Enix has sold off Crystal Dynamics, Eidos-Montreal, and Square Enix Montreal for $300 million to Embracer Group. Notable IP's that Embracer now hold include Tomb Raider, Deus Ex, and Legacy of Kain.
I'm not really surprised. SE views everything they develop in the West as a failure because they put ridiculously high expectations on them, as well as giving some of their games budgets that are bigger than most AAA games. For examples, Tomb Raider 2013 had a higher budget than Red Dead Redemption 2 ($80 million) and was on-par with GTA IV's budget ($100 million), while Shadow of the Tomb Raider had a budget of $135 million. I dread to think how much money got poured into the Marvel games considering the cost of the IP alone.

Hopefully it just means these IP's will get better treatment because they won't be beholden to such lofty goals that most games can't even reach.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
From what I've seen around, the fanbase already knows about this game. There shouldn't be any issues with them marketing this game to the Uta fans.

Also nothing of much value was lost in Square Enix selling those, so meh. The only bad thing about this whole deal is that SE did it so they could further invest in shit like the blockchain and crap. Should of sold off those no-name studios to further invest in their better assets, like Team Asano.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
From what I've seen around, the fanbase already knows about this game. There shouldn't be any issues with them marketing this game to the Uta fans.

Also nothing of much value was lost in Square Enix selling those, so meh. The only bad thing about this whole deal is that SE did it so they could further invest in shit like the blockchain and crap. Should of sold off those no-name studios to further invest in their better assets, like Team Asano.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Considering SE has never said any of their Japanese games failed to meet expectations they probably don't see any need to put more money into them, and it's probably best they don't because I wouldn't trust them to not pour more money into those studios and then start expecting that to equate to more sales when that isn't how it would work. At least their stupid approach to blockchain stuff will hopefully only hurt SE themselves and keep their remaining studios out of the firing line when it inevitably fails.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Considering SE has never said any of their Japanese games failed to meet expectations they probably don't see any need to put more money into them, and it's probably best they don't because I wouldn't trust them to not pour more money into those studios and then start expecting that to equate to more sales when that isn't how it would work. At least their stupid approach to blockchain stuff will hopefully only hurt SE themselves and keep their remaining studios out of the firing line when it inevitably fails.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Report: EA Was Deep in Merger Talks with NBCUniversal - Kotaku

I didn't expect to see EA looking to merge into anything given their size, but I guess the people at the top took inspiration from all the other big-name acquisitions and simply want to get bought so as to get a ridiculous payout or be worth an even bigger wage/bonus. I'm guessing the latter since the CEO wants to remain in charge, and clearly it's EA trying to find a big payday since the main reason any of the talks have fallen apart is a disagreement over price, which tells me that EA wants more than anyone is willing to give them.
Considering how scummy EA is I kinda hope they don't get a deal at all. Whistle

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Report: EA Was Deep in Merger Talks with NBCUniversal - Kotaku

I didn't expect to see EA looking to merge into anything given their size, but I guess the people at the top took inspiration from all the other big-name acquisitions and simply want to get bought so as to get a ridiculous payout or be worth an even bigger wage/bonus. I'm guessing the latter since the CEO wants to remain in charge, and clearly it's EA trying to find a big payday since the main reason any of the talks have fallen apart is a disagreement over price, which tells me that EA wants more than anyone is willing to give them.
Considering how scummy EA is I kinda hope they don't get a deal at all. Whistle
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
So, for the third time in a year, someone committed treason and leaked classified documents to win an internet argument.

So War Thunder is a military vehicle simulator game where you can duel people in land vehicles (not just tanks), air vehicles (both planes and choppers), and ships. What makes the game different from its Wargaming rival is that it has a far more realistic damage system. Rather than abstracting your health into HP, you can only damage the modules and crew, and you must kill the crew in order to knock out the vehicle.

One of the main draws of the game is that it's more true-to-life than, say, World of Tanks, and uses vehicles all the way to the modern day. Which is a slight problem, because this past year the War Thunder community has been noted for being willing to use any information it can to say that their favorite tank of choice is underpowered. Including documents which are actively classified because they are about current-day munitions and vehicles! The first time, it was the UK's Challenger 2. Second time was the French Leclerc. This time, it's the actual tungsten penetrator that the Chinese Type 99 is using RIGHT NOW to defeat enemy armor! Each time, War Thunder has quickly deleted the post, saying "PLEASE do not post classified documents here!" It's honestly getting to the point that countries might start banning it on grounds of national security.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
So, for the third time in a year, someone committed treason and leaked classified documents to win an internet argument.

So War Thunder is a military vehicle simulator game where you can duel people in land vehicles (not just tanks), air vehicles (both planes and choppers), and ships. What makes the game different from its Wargaming rival is that it has a far more realistic damage system. Rather than abstracting your health into HP, you can only damage the modules and crew, and you must kill the crew in order to knock out the vehicle.

One of the main draws of the game is that it's more true-to-life than, say, World of Tanks, and uses vehicles all the way to the modern day. Which is a slight problem, because this past year the War Thunder community has been noted for being willing to use any information it can to say that their favorite tank of choice is underpowered. Including documents which are actively classified because they are about current-day munitions and vehicles! The first time, it was the UK's Challenger 2. Second time was the French Leclerc. This time, it's the actual tungsten penetrator that the Chinese Type 99 is using RIGHT NOW to defeat enemy armor! Each time, War Thunder has quickly deleted the post, saying "PLEASE do not post classified documents here!" It's honestly getting to the point that countries might start banning it on grounds of national security.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do You View Smash Bros. as a Party Game or a Fighting Game? Moonface 5 775 Aug 2nd, 2023, 03:38 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Game creator Content ID'd on his own game Maniakkid25 4 4,912 Dec 7th, 2019, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Moonface