General Game Chat
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,168
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Jul 13th, 2022, 11:52 PM)WrestleRacer91 Wrote:
Anybody have thoughts on the original The Last of Us being remade on PS5 and being renamed The Last of Us Part I? I think it's good on one hand since both games will now be using the same mechanics but with the original PS3 title only being under a decade old, I'm not sure it needs a remaster again. Thoughts?
Putting this back because I split it thinking we had a thread for the first game to put this into but we don't. Sweat

I don't think it really needed remaking, but I believe the game was being remade by another company to get to grips with the PS5 at the agreement with Sony, but the project wasn't working out well so it got moved to Naughty Dog. I guess it's good to let them get to grips with the new hardware without spending a lot of time or money on the endeavor even if they never intended to do it themselves originally.

I doubt I'll care to get the game until it's really cheap though because I don't think any improvements to it will justify $70 for me. I do want to see what changes the gameplay has though first hand rather than just being told because that to me is where the bulk of the improvements are going to be other than the visuals, and since the game has gone gold this last week I hope it isn't long before we see some gameplay.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,168 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Jul 13th, 2022, 11:52 PM)WrestleRacer91 Wrote:
Anybody have thoughts on the original The Last of Us being remade on PS5 and being renamed The Last of Us Part I? I think it's good on one hand since both games will now be using the same mechanics but with the original PS3 title only being under a decade old, I'm not sure it needs a remaster again. Thoughts?
Putting this back because I split it thinking we had a thread for the first game to put this into but we don't. Sweat

I don't think it really needed remaking, but I believe the game was being remade by another company to get to grips with the PS5 at the agreement with Sony, but the project wasn't working out well so it got moved to Naughty Dog. I guess it's good to let them get to grips with the new hardware without spending a lot of time or money on the endeavor even if they never intended to do it themselves originally.

I doubt I'll care to get the game until it's really cheap though because I don't think any improvements to it will justify $70 for me. I do want to see what changes the gameplay has though first hand rather than just being told because that to me is where the bulk of the improvements are going to be other than the visuals, and since the game has gone gold this last week I hope it isn't long before we see some gameplay.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Don't know how long this will stay up since PlayStation are taking down these images the instant they find them, but for people like @"WrestleRacer91" who are interested in The Last of Us Remake, new screenshots got leaked today:

I've also seen claims that the gameplay is not notably improved over the original at all, but the person who made that initial statement deleted it when questioned for proof.

I think the most interesting thing about these shots is how the buildings in the opening QZ have been changed. It reminds me of some of the set photos from the show, so it seems maybe some parts are going to be visually changed to match the show where possible, rather than just everything being the exact same but with prettier visuals.

Video footage of the cutscene after the initial outbreak gameplay sequence also got leaked, which seems odd since it's a massive story spoiler and doesn't have any comparison shots, so for marketing purposes it would make no sense to release such footage so who knows why that exists or where it came from. Hmm

More leaks coming out today and I managed to watch some gameplay footage. I've not finished it yet but I feel confident to say nothing has been changed; this looks like the exact same game with better visuals and nothing else. If it hasn't been taken down, here's what I watched: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAmmu9Cq...=SPDGaming
Edit: Only gameplay change I saw was the ability to sprint, which is basically nothing. So yeah, doesn't look good for Sony and ND to claim this remake has improvements to gameplay and then all it seems to have is a sprint button. Errm

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Don't know how long this will stay up since PlayStation are taking down these images the instant they find them, but for people like @"WrestleRacer91" who are interested in The Last of Us Remake, new screenshots got leaked today:

I've also seen claims that the gameplay is not notably improved over the original at all, but the person who made that initial statement deleted it when questioned for proof.

I think the most interesting thing about these shots is how the buildings in the opening QZ have been changed. It reminds me of some of the set photos from the show, so it seems maybe some parts are going to be visually changed to match the show where possible, rather than just everything being the exact same but with prettier visuals.

Video footage of the cutscene after the initial outbreak gameplay sequence also got leaked, which seems odd since it's a massive story spoiler and doesn't have any comparison shots, so for marketing purposes it would make no sense to release such footage so who knows why that exists or where it came from. Hmm

More leaks coming out today and I managed to watch some gameplay footage. I've not finished it yet but I feel confident to say nothing has been changed; this looks like the exact same game with better visuals and nothing else. If it hasn't been taken down, here's what I watched: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAmmu9Cq...=SPDGaming
Edit: Only gameplay change I saw was the ability to sprint, which is basically nothing. So yeah, doesn't look good for Sony and ND to claim this remake has improvements to gameplay and then all it seems to have is a sprint button. Errm
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 14th, 2022, 01:31 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
So Tactics Ogre Reborn got leaked on PSN, which confirms that it is happening! This checks yet another SE game off of the Nvidia leak list. That leaves only two games on that list left to come true... Final Fantasy Tactics Remaster and Final Fantasy IX Remake.

My hype levels are reaching unheard of heights at this point.
I'm sure you've already seen this, but since I remembered you mentioning this game when I saw it, here's the announcement trailer for Tactics Ogre: Reborn for yourself and anyone else who's interested in the game:

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 14th, 2022, 01:31 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
So Tactics Ogre Reborn got leaked on PSN, which confirms that it is happening! This checks yet another SE game off of the Nvidia leak list. That leaves only two games on that list left to come true... Final Fantasy Tactics Remaster and Final Fantasy IX Remake.

My hype levels are reaching unheard of heights at this point.
I'm sure you've already seen this, but since I remembered you mentioning this game when I saw it, here's the announcement trailer for Tactics Ogre: Reborn for yourself and anyone else who's interested in the game:

Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
You bet your sweet rolls that I saw the announcement. Super hyped for it and I'll definitely be picking it up on PS4 and PS5 (pending separate trophy lists), and will also nab it on Steam during a Steam sale or something for the triple 100%.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
You bet your sweet rolls that I saw the announcement. Super hyped for it and I'll definitely be picking it up on PS4 and PS5 (pending separate trophy lists), and will also nab it on Steam during a Steam sale or something for the triple 100%.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I find it so odd that cross platform games have separate trophy lists. I wonder if Sony will clamp down on that at all when they introduce that rewards program that was announced a while back so people can't milk the system. Hmm

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I find it so odd that cross platform games have separate trophy lists. I wonder if Sony will clamp down on that at all when they introduce that rewards program that was announced a while back so people can't milk the system. Hmm
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Dragon Lord: I remember you mentioning this in the Anticipated Games thread, and for you or anyone else interested, a demo for The DioField Chronicle released today for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, and PC.

The demo includes the entirety of Chapter 1, and any progress made transfers to the full release. I might give this one a bash over the weekend perhaps. Hmm

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Dragon Lord: I remember you mentioning this in the Anticipated Games thread, and for you or anyone else interested, a demo for The DioField Chronicle released today for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, and PC.

The demo includes the entirety of Chapter 1, and any progress made transfers to the full release. I might give this one a bash over the weekend perhaps. Hmm
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Indeed I did. I'll have to give the demo a try later. I'm going to be way too busy for the next couple of weeks playing Tower of Fantasy (which just launched on Wednesday), so I doubt I'll be squeezing it in any time soon, but thanks for the heads-up on it. Will have to remember to give it a go before the game releases at the end of September.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Indeed I did. I'll have to give the demo a try later. I'm going to be way too busy for the next couple of weeks playing Tower of Fantasy (which just launched on Wednesday), so I doubt I'll be squeezing it in any time soon, but thanks for the heads-up on it. Will have to remember to give it a go before the game releases at the end of September.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I've seen Tower of Fantasy mentioned sporadically on my Twitter feed but don't know much else of it, except for Genshin coming up alongside it.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I've seen Tower of Fantasy mentioned sporadically on my Twitter feed but don't know much else of it, except for Genshin coming up alongside it.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Maniakkid25: Having brought up seeing some recent additions to your Steam library in the Last Gaming Purchase thread, I noticed you added BPM: Bullets Per Minute. If you're interested in that type of game and if your PC can run it, you should check out the Metal: Hellsinger demo too. I played it back when it first came out and had a really good time with it. Smile

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Maniakkid25: Having brought up seeing some recent additions to your Steam library in the Last Gaming Purchase thread, I noticed you added BPM: Bullets Per Minute. If you're interested in that type of game and if your PC can run it, you should check out the Metal: Hellsinger demo too. I played it back when it first came out and had a really good time with it. Smile
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
To add to that, I think the demo is also available on Xbox as well Smile

Rhythm-based DOOM is always a good time
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 

Rhythm-based DOOM is always a good time
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 19th, 2022, 03:07 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
It is, but only on Series S|X which I know Maniak doesn't own, hence why I suggested the PC route. Wink

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 19th, 2022, 03:07 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
It is, but only on Series S|X which I know Maniak doesn't own, hence why I suggested the PC route. Wink
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 9th, 2022, 12:18 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Uh, it sucks? Granted, I've never played it, but from what I hear, its basically a mediocre Mass Effect with a thin veneer of XCOM on it. It's meant to be an origin story for the eponymous organization, but everyone pretty much ignores it.
Decided to quote this post in here to avoid turning the Sales thread into a big discussion on this subject. XD

So anyway, I just looked The Bureau up and saw that it isn't even the same genre as the other XCOM games. Well, all except for XCOM Enforcer, which seems to share a lot of genre similarities with The Bureau, including being a game that is generally ignored by XCOM fans because it's only really XCOM in name. What amazes me is someone thought it was a good idea to make such a game, and to actually attempt it a second time when the first attempt went poorly and put the whole franchise dormant for over a decade. Better yet, that second attempt came right as the series was rebooted, as if they just wanted to piss everything away immediately.

I've seen games get changed to completely different genres before where it feels like the IP is attached purely to help push a new game that wouldn't stand out as well if it was a new IP, but that usually happens when the previous genre of games wasn't working out, such as Crash and Spyro moving away from being platformers because of fluctuating sales and stagnation before their dormancies and reboots. Maybe that was the case for Enforcer since it was at the end of the first run of XCOM? But I can't even fathom what the idea was to launch a reboot that I assume without looking went well since XCOM is still going, and decide to immediately jeopardize it with The Bureau. Blink

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 9th, 2022, 12:18 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Uh, it sucks? Granted, I've never played it, but from what I hear, its basically a mediocre Mass Effect with a thin veneer of XCOM on it. It's meant to be an origin story for the eponymous organization, but everyone pretty much ignores it.
Decided to quote this post in here to avoid turning the Sales thread into a big discussion on this subject. XD

So anyway, I just looked The Bureau up and saw that it isn't even the same genre as the other XCOM games. Well, all except for XCOM Enforcer, which seems to share a lot of genre similarities with The Bureau, including being a game that is generally ignored by XCOM fans because it's only really XCOM in name. What amazes me is someone thought it was a good idea to make such a game, and to actually attempt it a second time when the first attempt went poorly and put the whole franchise dormant for over a decade. Better yet, that second attempt came right as the series was rebooted, as if they just wanted to piss everything away immediately.

I've seen games get changed to completely different genres before where it feels like the IP is attached purely to help push a new game that wouldn't stand out as well if it was a new IP, but that usually happens when the previous genre of games wasn't working out, such as Crash and Spyro moving away from being platformers because of fluctuating sales and stagnation before their dormancies and reboots. Maybe that was the case for Enforcer since it was at the end of the first run of XCOM? But I can't even fathom what the idea was to launch a reboot that I assume without looking went well since XCOM is still going, and decide to immediately jeopardize it with The Bureau. Blink
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I really hope this isn't true. Horizon ZD is only five years old and plenty of other Sony IP's deserve remakes that would actually be worth it.
Also not a fan of adding accessibility features into games by putting it behind a $70 paywall. If you want to put that into an existing game just put it in, it's bad enough people who need them have to struggle or go without the game in the first place and then when they're catered to have to pay $70 for it instead of just being able to play the existing game with the features.

When I think of how many PS3 games are just stuck there or only available via streaming, and how good Demon's Souls PS5 turned out, it's garbage that Sony doesn't put resources into those games instead.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I really hope this isn't true. Horizon ZD is only five years old and plenty of other Sony IP's deserve remakes that would actually be worth it.
Also not a fan of adding accessibility features into games by putting it behind a $70 paywall. If you want to put that into an existing game just put it in, it's bad enough people who need them have to struggle or go without the game in the first place and then when they're catered to have to pay $70 for it instead of just being able to play the existing game with the features.

When I think of how many PS3 games are just stuck there or only available via streaming, and how good Demon's Souls PS5 turned out, it's garbage that Sony doesn't put resources into those games instead.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Imagine sitting on a literal gold mine in a Bloodborne remaster/remake, and instead deciding to "remaster" HZD instead.

Oh Sony, sometimes you dumb.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Imagine sitting on a literal gold mine in a Bloodborne remaster/remake, and instead deciding to "remaster" HZD instead.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 3rd, 2022, 05:47 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

Yeah, especially when that game also hasn't come to PC whereas ZD has, so Sony would be able to put out Bloodborne on two platforms and get way more mileage out of it.

If this ends up being true I won't be surprised for God of War to get the treatment soon after since Ragnarok releases next month.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 3rd, 2022, 05:47 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

Yeah, especially when that game also hasn't come to PC whereas ZD has, so Sony would be able to put out Bloodborne on two platforms and get way more mileage out of it.

If this ends up being true I won't be surprised for God of War to get the treatment soon after since Ragnarok releases next month.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do You View Smash Bros. as a Party Game or a Fighting Game? Moonface 5 730 Aug 2nd, 2023, 03:38 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Game creator Content ID'd on his own game Maniakkid25 4 4,847 Dec 7th, 2019, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Moonface