Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,110
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I rarely use Amazon for gaming related things. Artbooks maybe, or the odd old game. Stopping the 20% discount sucks though, and even more so for what they've done in Australia. Opening a physical store and no shipping from other countries. Screw that. I don't mind the idea of an open store, but stopping shipments would probably make me stop using them for good if I lived over there. Eh Or consider it at least, and only use them for only better deals than anywhere else. Judging by what Fanta mentioned, looks unlikely.

Hope that goes well too, for both of you.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,110 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I rarely use Amazon for gaming related things. Artbooks maybe, or the odd old game. Stopping the 20% discount sucks though, and even more so for what they've done in Australia. Opening a physical store and no shipping from other countries. Screw that. I don't mind the idea of an open store, but stopping shipments would probably make me stop using them for good if I lived over there. Eh Or consider it at least, and only use them for only better deals than anywhere else. Judging by what Fanta mentioned, looks unlikely.

Hope that goes well too, for both of you.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,211
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yeah I saw about this, and that does suck. It was an added luxury for me when they introduced that, but I've always taken their 2-day shipping policy approach more kindly than having to stop by a store and pickup the stuff I want. So, this doesn't deter me from the service, but I am saddened by the loss.

Besides, if I'm not overly hype for a game, I'll wait it out and follow CheapAssGamer or Wario64 on Twitter to know exactly when it goes on sale, and wait for a decent one.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,211 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yeah I saw about this, and that does suck. It was an added luxury for me when they introduced that, but I've always taken their 2-day shipping policy approach more kindly than having to stop by a store and pickup the stuff I want. So, this doesn't deter me from the service, but I am saddened by the loss.

Besides, if I'm not overly hype for a game, I'll wait it out and follow CheapAssGamer or Wario64 on Twitter to know exactly when it goes on sale, and wait for a decent one.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Not sure if regular chat or gaming chat, but I suppose since it's fanart of a game series, it makes sense here: so who else has seen the internet BLOW THE F*** UP over the Princess Bowser/Bowsette meme? Because I'm starting to hear the internet creaking under the weight of this meme. I'm honestly not sure if I should be scared that things have progressed this quickly.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Not sure if regular chat or gaming chat, but I suppose since it's fanart of a game series, it makes sense here: so who else has seen the internet BLOW THE F*** UP over the Princess Bowser/Bowsette meme? Because I'm starting to hear the internet creaking under the weight of this meme. I'm honestly not sure if I should be scared that things have progressed this quickly.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Already seen two videos of channels I sometimes watch (The Keef Crew, ProZD) about this. I was thinking about if I should mention it or not. XD And it all stemmed from the crown item Toadette gets. Of some random dude making a comic for a joke, and everything's gone haywire. I'll admit when I first saw the item for Peachette, I was wondering what's going to go through the minds of people watching. Low and behold the internet delivers in a matter of days, no surprises there.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Already seen two videos of channels I sometimes watch (The Keef Crew, ProZD) about this. I was thinking about if I should mention it or not. XD And it all stemmed from the crown item Toadette gets. Of some random dude making a comic for a joke, and everything's gone haywire. I'll admit when I first saw the item for Peachette, I was wondering what's going to go through the minds of people watching. Low and behold the internet delivers in a matter of days, no surprises there.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,540
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Bowsette is all I saw on my Twitter feed this morning. If it wasn't filling my feeds, I'd be less bothered about it. But so far all I'm seeing is just everyone doing their own drawings of the character. At least if it was entertaining like the Crash Bandicoot Woah meme could be I'd be less bothered about filtering through it.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,540 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Bowsette is all I saw on my Twitter feed this morning. If it wasn't filling my feeds, I'd be less bothered about it. But so far all I'm seeing is just everyone doing their own drawings of the character. At least if it was entertaining like the Crash Bandicoot Woah meme could be I'd be less bothered about filtering through it.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,794
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I find it pretty hilarious. Seeing people take one of Nintendo's stupid ideas and using it to create a character that goes against everything Nintendo is (Bowsette usually being portrayed as a sexy character and a dominatrix) is great.

Plus it's spawned some pretty amusing pictures, such as this.

I've also been impressed with the quality of some of the art I've been seeing. In such a short amount of time, people have made some pretty astonishing pictures of this fan character. In terms of design, some people make her look really good and I could see her working as a character. Unfortunately like I said, she goes against everything Nintendo likes in their female characters (sexy and not a female in distress).
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,794 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I find it pretty hilarious. Seeing people take one of Nintendo's stupid ideas and using it to create a character that goes against everything Nintendo is (Bowsette usually being portrayed as a sexy character and a dominatrix) is great.

Plus it's spawned some pretty amusing pictures, such as this.

I've also been impressed with the quality of some of the art I've been seeing. In such a short amount of time, people have made some pretty astonishing pictures of this fan character. In terms of design, some people make her look really good and I could see her working as a character. Unfortunately like I said, she goes against everything Nintendo likes in their female characters (sexy and not a female in distress).
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
OK, that one was good. Most of the ones I've seen have just been normal drawings of the character, which get really repetitive when you have half a dozen of them in a row.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
OK, that one was good. Most of the ones I've seen have just been normal drawings of the character, which get really repetitive when you have half a dozen of them in a row.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,794
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I've also seen some really good pixel art of her.

Personally, I don't mind it. I'm not a fan of genderbending personally, so I just try to think of her as her own character, rather than being a genderbent Bowser. Either way, I'm not bothered by it. People seem to like the idea of Bowsette, so I don't see the harm in letting them just have their fun. Plus like I said, some really good artwork as come out of it, so that's pretty neat.

I think we can all agree that loli Bowsette is the best version.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,794 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I've also seen some really good pixel art of her.

Personally, I don't mind it. I'm not a fan of genderbending personally, so I just try to think of her as her own character, rather than being a genderbent Bowser. Either way, I'm not bothered by it. People seem to like the idea of Bowsette, so I don't see the harm in letting them just have their fun. Plus like I said, some really good artwork as come out of it, so that's pretty neat.

I think we can all agree that loli Bowsette is the best version.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I'm not too bothered by it either now. At first I was "WHY?!?!" but then wasn't a while after. ProZD's skit of it was great anyway. XD Eh, let peeps have their fun. Freaking heck though, start typing in bow in Google, and there it is the first option. Not even the standard "bow" or "bowling" beats the search. XD Don't think I've seen a meme/fan character get top suggested so soon. Was expecting for "bows" though. 8th for "bo...".

I know it's very unlikely for reasons DL stated, but wonder if anything will come of this like the Luigi Death Stare, since I swear there was a nod to that before. Just would like to know what kind of reaction Nintendo has had of Bowsette, even if I can imagine it roughly. LOL
*tells self no more*
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I'm not too bothered by it either now. At first I was "WHY?!?!" but then wasn't a while after. ProZD's skit of it was great anyway. XD Eh, let peeps have their fun. Freaking heck though, start typing in bow in Google, and there it is the first option. Not even the standard "bow" or "bowling" beats the search. XD Don't think I've seen a meme/fan character get top suggested so soon. Was expecting for "bows" though. 8th for "bo...".

I know it's very unlikely for reasons DL stated, but wonder if anything will come of this like the Luigi Death Stare, since I swear there was a nod to that before. Just would like to know what kind of reaction Nintendo has had of Bowsette, even if I can imagine it roughly. LOL
*tells self no more*
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
I am just entertained by it being a thing, because it's the new Zero Suit Fox. It amuses me greatly when the internet grabs hold of a way to make a male character their waifu, and just doesnt let go for a few months. Happened to Fox, happened to Link, happened to Terry Bogard. I love it!
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
I am just entertained by it being a thing, because it's the new Zero Suit Fox. It amuses me greatly when the internet grabs hold of a way to make a male character their waifu, and just doesnt let go for a few months. Happened to Fox, happened to Link, happened to Terry Bogard. I love it!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 25th, 2018, 10:47 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Just would like to know what kind of reaction Nintendo has had of Bowsette, even if I can imagine it roughly. LOL
Same. I highly, highly doubt they'll acknowledge it publicly given the nature of the meme, and even a Q&A answer to it would likely be some PR spin of "The community has a lot of creativity" or something that dodges the heart of the matter. However, to be a fly on the wall to hear their honest views behind closed doors would be something great I think. XD

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 25th, 2018, 10:47 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Just would like to know what kind of reaction Nintendo has had of Bowsette, even if I can imagine it roughly. LOL
Same. I highly, highly doubt they'll acknowledge it publicly given the nature of the meme, and even a Q&A answer to it would likely be some PR spin of "The community has a lot of creativity" or something that dodges the heart of the matter. However, to be a fly on the wall to hear their honest views behind closed doors would be something great I think. XD
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Well, I mean, someone fron Sega once acknowledged Sonichu, so its not that far out of the bounds of possibility to ger a good laugh or an "Oh, god".
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Well, I mean, someone fron Sega once acknowledged Sonichu, so its not that far out of the bounds of possibility to ger a good laugh or an "Oh, god".
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,211
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I'm also on board with Bowsette, and the other characters that got the crown treatment. I personally prefer Boo-ette (though, this nomenclature needs to be rectified; the -ette was in reference to Toadette transforming, whereas the crown is a Peach power-up so it really should reference that, but this is really nit-picky).
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,211 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I'm also on board with Bowsette, and the other characters that got the crown treatment. I personally prefer Boo-ette (though, this nomenclature needs to be rectified; the -ette was in reference to Toadette transforming, whereas the crown is a Peach power-up so it really should reference that, but this is really nit-picky).
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
If I complained about every time nomenclature didn't quite make sense, I'd still be complaining about the whole "TG/Gender Transformation" thing (Which is a rabbit hole unto its own, kiddies!), so, you know. I'm just used to it, I guess.

In other, not-Bowsette related news, Monster Hunter has been announced for a movie, gais! Which is great! ...Except it's directed by Paul W.S. Anderson, famous for his butchering of the Resident Evil franchise. And Capcom is specifically looking for him to direct this one. It's been a while since I've seen a headline that literally had me first say "Oh no."
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
If I complained about every time nomenclature didn't quite make sense, I'd still be complaining about the whole "TG/Gender Transformation" thing (Which is a rabbit hole unto its own, kiddies!), so, you know. I'm just used to it, I guess.

In other, not-Bowsette related news, Monster Hunter has been announced for a movie, gais! Which is great! ...Except it's directed by Paul W.S. Anderson, famous for his butchering of the Resident Evil franchise. And Capcom is specifically looking for him to direct this one. It's been a while since I've seen a headline that literally had me first say "Oh no."
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I think Capcom looked at the Resident Evil movies in terms of financial success rather than critical success. It's the only reason to consider Anderson to be near another video-game related movie. Although, they could do worse and have Adam Sandler give them a Monster Hunter X Pixels movie.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I think Capcom looked at the Resident Evil movies in terms of financial success rather than critical success. It's the only reason to consider Anderson to be near another video-game related movie. Although, they could do worse and have Adam Sandler give them a Monster Hunter X Pixels movie.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do You View Smash Bros. as a Party Game or a Fighting Game? Moonface 5 779 Aug 2nd, 2023, 03:38 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Game creator Content ID'd on his own game Maniakkid25 4 4,916 Dec 7th, 2019, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Moonface