General Game Chat
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Sometimes, you just got to talk about games. Whether it's serious matters like the state of the industry or to gloating about how you totally just cheesed that one boss, all that talk needs a place to live, and that place is here! Of course, this is just the small stuff. Anything you think is a "larger than life" discussion can live in its own exclusive topic.

I suppose I'll start with the something I see blowing around the Twitter: Anyone's thoughts on a new Tetris? Tetsuya Mizuguchi (guy behind Rez, Lumines and Child of Eden) is heading up the project titled "Tetris Effect".
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Sometimes, you just got to talk about games. Whether it's serious matters like the state of the industry or to gloating about how you totally just cheesed that one boss, all that talk needs a place to live, and that place is here! Of course, this is just the small stuff. Anything you think is a "larger than life" discussion can live in its own exclusive topic.

I suppose I'll start with the something I see blowing around the Twitter: Anyone's thoughts on a new Tetris? Tetsuya Mizuguchi (guy behind Rez, Lumines and Child of Eden) is heading up the project titled "Tetris Effect".
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
So I just got a message on the official MapleStory 2 discord about how MS2 is going into a second closed beta! Why are they doing it? They want to test the server stress levels according to the official website.

http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/31596

In the first one they identified some issues. I got into the first one so I should be automatically accepted into the second one. Is anyone else interested in this and will you try to get into the closed beta? Smile

(I'm just posting this in general for now until an official release happens and other people had a chance to actually try it. )
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
So I just got a message on the official MapleStory 2 discord about how MS2 is going into a second closed beta! Why are they doing it? They want to test the server stress levels according to the official website.

http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/31596

In the first one they identified some issues. I got into the first one so I should be automatically accepted into the second one. Is anyone else interested in this and will you try to get into the closed beta? Smile

(I'm just posting this in general for now until an official release happens and other people had a chance to actually try it. )
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
XP: 5,252
Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
Anyone here into BlazBlue? I just saw a gameplay of the latter, tag-team installment and I was like... "YES!".

Never played any of the games up until now (and I probably won't be playing this one either, due to my PC being stuck in the mid-2000s for ever) but a crossover fighting game -and with RWBY characters no less!- really does sound like a winner in my book.
When leaves have fallen.
And skies turned to grey.
The night keeps on closing in on the day.
A nightingale sings his song of farewell.
You better hide from her freezing hell. ~ Ice Queen, Within Temptation.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
XP: 5,252 Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
Anyone here into BlazBlue? I just saw a gameplay of the latter, tag-team installment and I was like... "YES!".

Never played any of the games up until now (and I probably won't be playing this one either, due to my PC being stuck in the mid-2000s for ever) but a crossover fighting game -and with RWBY characters no less!- really does sound like a winner in my book.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,150
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Jun 9th, 2018, 04:10 PM)Tsu Wrote:

EL definitely is. He's played a lot of BlazBlue games. Wink

So I just read this article about the developers of Battalion 1944 responding to a player who threatened to shoot up their studio. Their response is pretty great. XD
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,150 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Jun 9th, 2018, 04:10 PM)Tsu Wrote:

EL definitely is. He's played a lot of BlazBlue games. Wink

So I just read this article about the developers of Battalion 1944 responding to a player who threatened to shoot up their studio. Their response is pretty great. XD
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
That is pretty great. Funny how the guy who made the threat backtracked and claimed it was just a joke after someone shared the comments with the developers and it got put on the internet for everyone else to see.

That's a fitting end for him, as the guy is an absolute dick. You have to be scum to even attempt to make a joke about shooting up any place. Especially in the world today where mass shootings are happening left and right. Even if he meant it as a joke, that 'joke' proves he's a pile of shit.

Then to make things worse, he's 'joking' about such a matter over fucking skins in a video game. You have to live a pretty sad and pathetic life to get that salty over it taking longer than you expected to get skins in a fucking video game.

As comments in that article mention, he's lucky the developers didn't get the police involved. Regardless of whether or not he intended it as a joke, that would still be considered a threat and he'd be in some serious shit.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
That is pretty great. Funny how the guy who made the threat backtracked and claimed it was just a joke after someone shared the comments with the developers and it got put on the internet for everyone else to see.

That's a fitting end for him, as the guy is an absolute dick. You have to be scum to even attempt to make a joke about shooting up any place. Especially in the world today where mass shootings are happening left and right. Even if he meant it as a joke, that 'joke' proves he's a pile of shit.

Then to make things worse, he's 'joking' about such a matter over fucking skins in a video game. You have to live a pretty sad and pathetic life to get that salty over it taking longer than you expected to get skins in a fucking video game.

As comments in that article mention, he's lucky the developers didn't get the police involved. Regardless of whether or not he intended it as a joke, that would still be considered a threat and he'd be in some serious shit.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I feel like it's common for esports players to act poorly. If it isn't threatening to shoot somewhere, it's making prejudiced statements or something. Errm

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I feel like it's common for esports players to act poorly. If it isn't threatening to shoot somewhere, it's making prejudiced statements or something. Errm
Hotspot Offline
Does this avatar make me look fat?
Currently Playing
Overwatch, Legend of Zorldo: Breath of the Winds
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2
XP: 268
Mega Man Bioshock 
Tsu

I've never played Blazblue, but I did look it up once, and thought Taokaka was cool.

I have a complaint for video games. I love video games and all, but I'm tired of using the same weapons all the time. Like I love RPGs and all, but it's like only four weapons ever exist in an RPG in particular, A Magic Staff, a Sword, a Bow and an Axe.
I'm just tired of overused weapons. I want to see something different, I want to see throwing knives, boomerangs, bo staffs. I wanna see someone grab a skeleton arm, and throw it at people (LOZ: Like in Breath of the Wild), I want to see people throw balls at people's faces (Like Wakka from Final Fantasy X, you pervert). I want to see, a hero wielding a giant pair of scissors, running around telling monsters that they're going to be circumcised.. I want something different, you know?

Or even use weapons in different ways. My favorite example, is Rangiku, from the anime Bleach. (Bleach is actually a great example, because a majority of the characters have swords, but they all have different abilities, like one of them extends and changes size.. etc...). But Rangiku's sword, can separate into pieces, and fling the shards at people.. like that's really cool, I'd love to see that in a video game.

Like, does anyone else get tired of using the same weapons in a video game, or is it just me?

Some of my posts are satire, so don't take me too seriously! : P
Hotspot Offline
Does this avatar make me look fat?
Currently Playing
Overwatch, Legend of Zorldo: Breath of the Winds
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2
XP: 268 Mega Man Bioshock 
Tsu

I've never played Blazblue, but I did look it up once, and thought Taokaka was cool.

I have a complaint for video games. I love video games and all, but I'm tired of using the same weapons all the time. Like I love RPGs and all, but it's like only four weapons ever exist in an RPG in particular, A Magic Staff, a Sword, a Bow and an Axe.
I'm just tired of overused weapons. I want to see something different, I want to see throwing knives, boomerangs, bo staffs. I wanna see someone grab a skeleton arm, and throw it at people (LOZ: Like in Breath of the Wild), I want to see people throw balls at people's faces (Like Wakka from Final Fantasy X, you pervert). I want to see, a hero wielding a giant pair of scissors, running around telling monsters that they're going to be circumcised.. I want something different, you know?

Or even use weapons in different ways. My favorite example, is Rangiku, from the anime Bleach. (Bleach is actually a great example, because a majority of the characters have swords, but they all have different abilities, like one of them extends and changes size.. etc...). But Rangiku's sword, can separate into pieces, and fling the shards at people.. like that's really cool, I'd love to see that in a video game.

Like, does anyone else get tired of using the same weapons in a video game, or is it just me?
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I'm not tired of using the same weapons, but definitely I would like to see more variety outside of those, and guns too. One of the reasons why I like Luminous Arc 2 a lot. Other than what you'd expect, playable characters have their own weapons like a whip, fan, trumpet, baton, whisk, rolling pin, guitar (although acts as a gun), and a girl uses a mace that is in a shape of a giant solid flower, among others. Although most of these characters are also magic users, but is a good sight to see when they use their weapons for physical attacks. I think Stella Glow is also like this, as Rusty uses throwing knives....however, I've forgotten what else is used. Both these games are Tactical RPGs though, and I think you're referring more to normal or Action RPGs.

Probably more games out there we don't know about that does. I'm not bothered to look though.

Also from Bleach, you described two of my favourite characters. So, metaphorical points for you. :3
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I'm not tired of using the same weapons, but definitely I would like to see more variety outside of those, and guns too. One of the reasons why I like Luminous Arc 2 a lot. Other than what you'd expect, playable characters have their own weapons like a whip, fan, trumpet, baton, whisk, rolling pin, guitar (although acts as a gun), and a girl uses a mace that is in a shape of a giant solid flower, among others. Although most of these characters are also magic users, but is a good sight to see when they use their weapons for physical attacks. I think Stella Glow is also like this, as Rusty uses throwing knives....however, I've forgotten what else is used. Both these games are Tactical RPGs though, and I think you're referring more to normal or Action RPGs.

Probably more games out there we don't know about that does. I'm not bothered to look though.

Also from Bleach, you described two of my favourite characters. So, metaphorical points for you. :3
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
So I achieved by 5,000th trophy the other night. When I first got my PS3, I never thought I'd get a single Platinum trophy and wouldn't really get any trophies period, other than story-related ones that you can't miss. But now I sit here with 111 Platinum trophies and over 5,000 trophies obtained.

Kind of neat gaming milestone for me. It makes me happy to know there's so many games that I liked enough to want to go the distance on and get all those trophies, regardless of how grind-heavy some of them where. *coughStarOcean4cough*
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
So I achieved by 5,000th trophy the other night. When I first got my PS3, I never thought I'd get a single Platinum trophy and wouldn't really get any trophies period, other than story-related ones that you can't miss. But now I sit here with 111 Platinum trophies and over 5,000 trophies obtained.

Kind of neat gaming milestone for me. It makes me happy to know there's so many games that I liked enough to want to go the distance on and get all those trophies, regardless of how grind-heavy some of them where. *coughStarOcean4cough*
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I noticed yesterday I believe you were at 91.1% Completion, so you must've added a new game for that to go lower now. Congrat though for being in the 90%, 5,000+ trophies, and for 111 Platinums. Never really got it, but what does the left bottom numbers mean with the US Flag and World icons? Your placing with the amount of points you have?
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I noticed yesterday I believe you were at 91.1% Completion, so you must've added a new game for that to go lower now. Congrat though for being in the 90%, 5,000+ trophies, and for 111 Platinums. Never really got it, but what does the left bottom numbers mean with the US Flag and World icons? Your placing with the amount of points you have?
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Yeah, I started Atelier Lydie and Suelle last night, so that lowered my completion rate down a bit more.

Those numbers indicate my ranking among people in the North American region and worldwide. So among people who have synced their trophy information with PSN Profiles, I am in the top 8,000 in North America and the top 32,000 worldwide.

Which isn't too bad considering I'm just one person who gets all the trophies legit. All of the "top" people in rankings are actually groups of people who play on one PSN account, and they'll use any methods to obtain trophies, even if they are deemed "illegal" by Sony.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Yeah, I started Atelier Lydie and Suelle last night, so that lowered my completion rate down a bit more.

Those numbers indicate my ranking among people in the North American region and worldwide. So among people who have synced their trophy information with PSN Profiles, I am in the top 8,000 in North America and the top 32,000 worldwide.

Which isn't too bad considering I'm just one person who gets all the trophies legit. All of the "top" people in rankings are actually groups of people who play on one PSN account, and they'll use any methods to obtain trophies, even if they are deemed "illegal" by Sony.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So is anyone else watching anything from SGDQ? I've got it on right now with Majora's Mask 3D, but looking forward to Doom (2016) coming up after as I've played that game so I'll be able to better appreciate the tricks they use to speed through it.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So is anyone else watching anything from SGDQ? I've got it on right now with Majora's Mask 3D, but looking forward to Doom (2016) coming up after as I've played that game so I'll be able to better appreciate the tricks they use to speed through it.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I'm watching, too! But we're watching on the same TV ROFL

Looking forward to Pikmin 3 being run by 360Chrism, Cuphead being run by TheMexicanRunner, Paper Mario, Prey (2017), SMB 3 for mitchflowerpower and grandpoobear, Super Mario 64 race by Puncayshun and cheese05, Crash 1 N-Sane Trilogy Version (if I'm feeling like it at 8AM), the Super Mario Maker relay race, and probably Ocarina of Time Bingo run.
Would watch Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures and Spyro 2, but doubt I'll catch it on at 7AM LOL
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I'm watching, too! But we're watching on the same TV ROFL

Looking forward to Pikmin 3 being run by 360Chrism, Cuphead being run by TheMexicanRunner, Paper Mario, Prey (2017), SMB 3 for mitchflowerpower and grandpoobear, Super Mario 64 race by Puncayshun and cheese05, Crash 1 N-Sane Trilogy Version (if I'm feeling like it at 8AM), the Super Mario Maker relay race, and probably Ocarina of Time Bingo run.
Would watch Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures and Spyro 2, but doubt I'll catch it on at 7AM LOL
lp0 on fire Offline
PC Load Letter WTF does that mean?!
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152
Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
(Jun 25th, 2018, 01:47 AM)Moonface Wrote:

All I ever heard about Games Done Quick was what is shit shown it has been the past few years from the charities being scummy and other things, here is a noted person in speed running take on it (this is the guy who brought to public [internet] knowledge about how corrupt Twin Galaxy was)  

Zaythus Network Community Lifeboat man I suck at advertising stuff...
[Image: pcmascot.png]
Putting the 'Percussive' in 'Maintenance' since Before (most of) you were born.
Any post do not reflect the views of Zaythus Netwroks Inc nor it's new Murderous OverLoard Tap A Talk (hereby referred to as "TAT").
Any posts do not necessary reflect the views of the poster, after all he does shitpost from time to time, like right now.

Percussive maintenance - the art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work again.
We need Tables!
The community's grumpy old man who goes on long winded rants.
WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
[Image: BDay-18-2nd.png]
[Image: ZUW3rka.gif]
Spooky scary skeletons
Send shivers down your spine
Shrieking skulls will shock your soul
Seal your doom tonight
[Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_qbGJuxCYY]
https://i.imgur.com/DVjkd5Z.gif
lp0 on fire Offline
PC Load Letter WTF does that mean?!
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152 Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
(Jun 25th, 2018, 01:47 AM)Moonface Wrote:

All I ever heard about Games Done Quick was what is shit shown it has been the past few years from the charities being scummy and other things, here is a noted person in speed running take on it (this is the guy who brought to public [internet] knowledge about how corrupt Twin Galaxy was)  
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I've been watching it a bit, though I missed the MM 3D run. I haven't looked at the full schedule yet, and likely won't, just because I really don't care about GDQs any more. They're just getting pretty boring with the same games every year and wasting time on the "lel epic memes" games.

If you want a much, much better speedrunning marathon for charity, check out RPG Limit Break.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I've been watching it a bit, though I missed the MM 3D run. I haven't looked at the full schedule yet, and likely won't, just because I really don't care about GDQs any more. They're just getting pretty boring with the same games every year and wasting time on the "lel epic memes" games.

If you want a much, much better speedrunning marathon for charity, check out RPG Limit Break.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do You View Smash Bros. as a Party Game or a Fighting Game? Moonface 5 729 Aug 2nd, 2023, 03:38 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Game creator Content ID'd on his own game Maniakkid25 4 4,846 Dec 7th, 2019, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Moonface