General Game Chat
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Warning to anyone considering picking up Death's Gambit on PS4: Don't.

I started it up today, and it has crashed five times on me. Five (5) times on the first day. This game is a mess, and until they patch out these crashing issues, I would avoid picking it up on PS4 for now. Shame, because the game is pretty fun, aside from terrible mechanic choices and some awful enemy mechanics.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Warning to anyone considering picking up Death's Gambit on PS4: Don't.

I started it up today, and it has crashed five times on me. Five (5) times on the first day. This game is a mess, and until they patch out these crashing issues, I would avoid picking it up on PS4 for now. Shame, because the game is pretty fun, aside from terrible mechanic choices and some awful enemy mechanics.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,168
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Jeez. Hopefully they actually fix the problems and don't ignore them like the team behind Burnout Paradise Remastered did.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,168 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Jeez. Hopefully they actually fix the problems and don't ignore them like the team behind Burnout Paradise Remastered did.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I hope so too, because the game is pretty fun. The crashes aren't too bad, because the game auto-saves a lot, so I never lost much progress. It's just more annoying to be exited out of the game and then have to re-open it and all.

Speaking of Death's Gambit though, today they announced that the game will be releasing physically for PS4, Xbox One and Switch in early 2019. Kind of sucks because I just spent $20 buying it digitally, but oh well. I'll probably pick it up physically still.

In even better news, Hollow Knight has FINALLY been announced for PS4, and it'll be getting a physical copy! I'm very hyped for this. I've been putting off playing it on Steam in hopes that it'd get a PS4 or Vita version, and my decision to wait has paid off.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I hope so too, because the game is pretty fun. The crashes aren't too bad, because the game auto-saves a lot, so I never lost much progress. It's just more annoying to be exited out of the game and then have to re-open it and all.

Speaking of Death's Gambit though, today they announced that the game will be releasing physically for PS4, Xbox One and Switch in early 2019. Kind of sucks because I just spent $20 buying it digitally, but oh well. I'll probably pick it up physically still.

In even better news, Hollow Knight has FINALLY been announced for PS4, and it'll be getting a physical copy! I'm very hyped for this. I've been putting off playing it on Steam in hopes that it'd get a PS4 or Vita version, and my decision to wait has paid off.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Death's Gambit sounds like the current build of Armored Warfare on the Xbone. They've released two updates to "improve stability", and I STILL keep constantly getting DC'd from the servers. Because My.com cant do anything right (they did fire Obsidian, after all)
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Death's Gambit sounds like the current build of Armored Warfare on the Xbone. They've released two updates to "improve stability", and I STILL keep constantly getting DC'd from the servers. Because My.com cant do anything right (they did fire Obsidian, after all)
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Well, I managed to pre-order one of the special edition 2TB PS4 Pros... the bad news is that it had to be through Gamestop and their "Ultimate Bundle" that also comes with the special edition headset (+$100), a 12-month subscription to PS+ (+$59.99), and a $75 PSN card.

In total, what I wanted to get for $499, I ended up having to get for $735 (over $800 after tax and shipping). I am hoping with everything that I have that I can get one from Best Buy if they open up orders soon, and then immediately go and cancel this one through Gamestop. This was more of a desperate safety net than anything else, just because I really want the console. Despite the PS+ card and the PSN Card being decent pick-ups with the console, my PS+ is still good until 2020, so I don't really need that.

The headset is the biggest waste forcefully added to this bundle though. I already have a headset for my PS4. It might be a cheap one, but it works just fine. I don't need a $100 headset for my PS4. But maybe if I end up having to go with this bundle, I might possibly be able to sell off the headset to earn a bit of that money back.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Well, I managed to pre-order one of the special edition 2TB PS4 Pros... the bad news is that it had to be through Gamestop and their "Ultimate Bundle" that also comes with the special edition headset (+$100), a 12-month subscription to PS+ (+$59.99), and a $75 PSN card.

In total, what I wanted to get for $499, I ended up having to get for $735 (over $800 after tax and shipping). I am hoping with everything that I have that I can get one from Best Buy if they open up orders soon, and then immediately go and cancel this one through Gamestop. This was more of a desperate safety net than anything else, just because I really want the console. Despite the PS+ card and the PSN Card being decent pick-ups with the console, my PS+ is still good until 2020, so I don't really need that.

The headset is the biggest waste forcefully added to this bundle though. I already have a headset for my PS4. It might be a cheap one, but it works just fine. I don't need a $100 headset for my PS4. But maybe if I end up having to go with this bundle, I might possibly be able to sell off the headset to earn a bit of that money back.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
So for anyone who hasn't seen yet, Amazon has decided they are no longer going to offer a 20% discount on pre-ordered games. Before they reduced it down to only being available for new games (Remasters/Remakes would not get the discount), but now they have axed the discount completely in favor of offering a $10 store credit on select titles. Which is probably going to be limited to larger AAA titles only.

Well, sorry Amazon, but that's the end of you guys getting my money. I'll buy my games else where. You guys can shove it.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
So for anyone who hasn't seen yet, Amazon has decided they are no longer going to offer a 20% discount on pre-ordered games. Before they reduced it down to only being available for new games (Remasters/Remakes would not get the discount), but now they have axed the discount completely in favor of offering a $10 store credit on select titles. Which is probably going to be limited to larger AAA titles only.

Well, sorry Amazon, but that's the end of you guys getting my money. I'll buy my games else where. You guys can shove it.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,168
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I expect the games to offer that will be those who's publishers will pay Amazon to provide that discount. I also won't be surprised to see publishers coming up with even worse preorder ideas to boost numbers if this move by Amazon lowers them.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,168 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I expect the games to offer that will be those who's publishers will pay Amazon to provide that discount. I also won't be surprised to see publishers coming up with even worse preorder ideas to boost numbers if this move by Amazon lowers them.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
That seems like a dumb move to me honestly.

Amazon people are going to take their business and go elsewhere now probably!
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 

Relic Offline
Destroyer's End
Currently Playing
Rome 2: Total War
Favourite Platform(s)
Xbox One, PC
XP: 153
Persona 
When I heard this announcement, I literally cancelled my membership. Was one of the only reasons why I kept it tbh.
Relic Offline
Destroyer's End
Currently Playing
Rome 2: Total War
Favourite Platform(s)
Xbox One, PC
XP: 153 Persona 
When I heard this announcement, I literally cancelled my membership. Was one of the only reasons why I kept it tbh.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
...Well, I only really use Amazon to buy really old games, anyway, and that's only because I distrust eBay. Well, that, and I don't have to give Microsoft my credit card to get cash for their store. So, I'm not really affected by the pre-order thing? I mean, it sucks, but it doesn't bother me enough to quit using it.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
...Well, I only really use Amazon to buy really old games, anyway, and that's only because I distrust eBay. Well, that, and I don't have to give Microsoft my credit card to get cash for their store. So, I'm not really affected by the pre-order thing? I mean, it sucks, but it doesn't bother me enough to quit using it.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
(Sep 17th, 2018, 07:17 PM)Yuri Wrote:

Doubt people will stop using Amazon in general, but it's certainly going to cost them most, if not all, if their Prime subscribers who subscribed solely for the game discount. Which in turn will probably drastically lower the amount of Twitch Prime users as well (though whether or not Amazon would care about that, I don't know). 

Hopefully some place else will decide to start up another gamer club thing, just to pick up the pieces where Amazon left them. Maybe Walmart or Target will decide to do something. Gamestop probably won't, because that would mean actually giving people a decent deal.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
(Sep 17th, 2018, 07:17 PM)Yuri Wrote:

Doubt people will stop using Amazon in general, but it's certainly going to cost them most, if not all, if their Prime subscribers who subscribed solely for the game discount. Which in turn will probably drastically lower the amount of Twitch Prime users as well (though whether or not Amazon would care about that, I don't know). 

Hopefully some place else will decide to start up another gamer club thing, just to pick up the pieces where Amazon left them. Maybe Walmart or Target will decide to do something. Gamestop probably won't, because that would mean actually giving people a decent deal.
fantanoice Offline
Beginner
XP: 2,267
Pac-Man Crash Bandicoot 
Mate if you want to hear some Amazon BS get this. They've now opened the Amazon physical-stuff store in Australia so they've stopped shipping stuff from the USA / UK stores to here which you used to be able to do. I was looking for a phone tripod which on the American store was like $17. It "can't ship to Australia" but can ship to New Zealand of course. The exact same product on the Australian store is $107.

Bloody ridiculous.
And on that day, mankind received a grim reminder...
[Image: tumblr_mz2zenFSln1sl5pypo1_400.gif]
Fanta on Twitch | Fanta on Mixer
fantanoice Offline
Beginner
XP: 2,267 Pac-Man Crash Bandicoot 
Mate if you want to hear some Amazon BS get this. They've now opened the Amazon physical-stuff store in Australia so they've stopped shipping stuff from the USA / UK stores to here which you used to be able to do. I was looking for a phone tripod which on the American store was like $17. It "can't ship to Australia" but can ship to New Zealand of course. The exact same product on the Australian store is $107.

Bloody ridiculous.
lp0 on fire Offline
PC Load Letter WTF does that mean?!
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152
Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
(Sep 20th, 2018, 02:54 AM)fantanoice Wrote:

Bloody ridiculous.
Reminds me of this: https://www.neowin.net/news/its-cheaper-...-australia

Zaythus Network Community Lifeboat man I suck at advertising stuff...
[Image: pcmascot.png]
Putting the 'Percussive' in 'Maintenance' since Before (most of) you were born.
Any post do not reflect the views of Zaythus Netwroks Inc nor it's new Murderous OverLoard Tap A Talk (hereby referred to as "TAT").
Any posts do not necessary reflect the views of the poster, after all he does shitpost from time to time, like right now.

Percussive maintenance - the art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work again.
We need Tables!
The community's grumpy old man who goes on long winded rants.
WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
[Image: BDay-18-2nd.png]
[Image: ZUW3rka.gif]
Spooky scary skeletons
Send shivers down your spine
Shrieking skulls will shock your soul
Seal your doom tonight
[Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_qbGJuxCYY]
https://i.imgur.com/DVjkd5Z.gif
lp0 on fire Offline
PC Load Letter WTF does that mean?!
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152 Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
(Sep 20th, 2018, 02:54 AM)fantanoice Wrote:

Bloody ridiculous.
Reminds me of this: https://www.neowin.net/news/its-cheaper-...-australia
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Gotta love it when companies open their own "region" store it can be a suck-y thing! >.>

I mean I can understand the marketing perspective of expanding, but when you lock out other regions you gotta ask yourself...."Am I really giving my customers a better deal for their home region?" If not please stop blocking them and change your policies.

If not we will be forced to use VPN's and you don't want the VPNs to get involved! D:<
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Gotta love it when companies open their own "region" store it can be a suck-y thing! >.>

I mean I can understand the marketing perspective of expanding, but when you lock out other regions you gotta ask yourself...."Am I really giving my customers a better deal for their home region?" If not please stop blocking them and change your policies.

If not we will be forced to use VPN's and you don't want the VPNs to get involved! D:<
fantanoice Offline
Beginner
XP: 2,267
Pac-Man Crash Bandicoot 
My friend signed up to one of those services where you get a US postal address and they ship it out to Aus. So she ordered the tripod for me while she was ordering something else. Fingers crossed it goes well but it's a pain in the arse for sure.
And on that day, mankind received a grim reminder...
[Image: tumblr_mz2zenFSln1sl5pypo1_400.gif]
Fanta on Twitch | Fanta on Mixer
fantanoice Offline
Beginner
XP: 2,267 Pac-Man Crash Bandicoot 
My friend signed up to one of those services where you get a US postal address and they ship it out to Aus. So she ordered the tripod for me while she was ordering something else. Fingers crossed it goes well but it's a pain in the arse for sure.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do You View Smash Bros. as a Party Game or a Fighting Game? Moonface 5 730 Aug 2nd, 2023, 03:38 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Game creator Content ID'd on his own game Maniakkid25 4 4,847 Dec 7th, 2019, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Moonface