Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Most of those I haven't heard of, and some I can only guess by their title what they entail. Checked some out quickly, haven't watched a video of Phogs but is that similar to what Heave Ho is? Well, as in using the two heads to get about. Actually similar to Supermarket Shriek as well? By what I read of their video description, you can use microphones as well (for Supermarket Shriek). Did you use that, or use LT/RT on a controller when you played that?

What is Rad? I've looked on Google images and got different things.

Tunic and Enter the Gungeon look pretty good from the screenshots I saw. Haven't checked Gato Roboto.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Most of those I haven't heard of, and some I can only guess by their title what they entail. Checked some out quickly, haven't watched a video of Phogs but is that similar to what Heave Ho is? Well, as in using the two heads to get about. Actually similar to Supermarket Shriek as well? By what I read of their video description, you can use microphones as well (for Supermarket Shriek). Did you use that, or use LT/RT on a controller when you played that?

What is Rad? I've looked on Google images and got different things.

Tunic and Enter the Gungeon look pretty good from the screenshots I saw. Haven't checked Gato Roboto.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Phogs is basically a double ended dog with each end controlled by a player, but there's a limit to how much you can stretch. It's a cute co-op game that I would buy depending on the price. From what I got to see, I'd say it's sitting at the $20 range depending on how much content there is to it.

Heave Ho is a game for 1-4 players, and is comparable to Mount Your Friends, but if it was to co-operatively reach a goal instead of competing. Left stick controls your left arm, right stick for right arm. The respective triggers are for gripping with that hand. We played in four player mode, and you just have to work together to link as a chain and get yourselves across the level into the end goal as quickly as you can.

Supermarket Shriek was played with controllers. It's similar to Phogs in that each player controls a side, but that's really where it ends. If both sides are pushing on their trigger (or shrieking) then you go forward. If only one side is shrieking, then you'll turn that way.

As you can see, the co-op games we played had very simple control schemes. The challenge comes from speed and level design, except for Phogs, which is purely a relaxing co-op game that isn't going to strain your relationship with someone. Tongue

Rad was in a Nindie showcase recently if memory serves right, and there's a trailer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHWUJGRopwA
It's a little hard to say what the goal was, but it played well and I can't think of any criticisms of it from the part I played.

Tunic was the last game we got time with, and I recorded six minutes of footage while Shira played. She'll share that later when she writes up her feelings on her experience.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Phogs is basically a double ended dog with each end controlled by a player, but there's a limit to how much you can stretch. It's a cute co-op game that I would buy depending on the price. From what I got to see, I'd say it's sitting at the $20 range depending on how much content there is to it.

Heave Ho is a game for 1-4 players, and is comparable to Mount Your Friends, but if it was to co-operatively reach a goal instead of competing. Left stick controls your left arm, right stick for right arm. The respective triggers are for gripping with that hand. We played in four player mode, and you just have to work together to link as a chain and get yourselves across the level into the end goal as quickly as you can.

Supermarket Shriek was played with controllers. It's similar to Phogs in that each player controls a side, but that's really where it ends. If both sides are pushing on their trigger (or shrieking) then you go forward. If only one side is shrieking, then you'll turn that way.

As you can see, the co-op games we played had very simple control schemes. The challenge comes from speed and level design, except for Phogs, which is purely a relaxing co-op game that isn't going to strain your relationship with someone. Tongue

Rad was in a Nindie showcase recently if memory serves right, and there's a trailer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHWUJGRopwA
It's a little hard to say what the goal was, but it played well and I can't think of any criticisms of it from the part I played.

Tunic was the last game we got time with, and I recorded six minutes of footage while Shira played. She'll share that later when she writes up her feelings on her experience.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeah, looking forward to that Tunic footage then. The other games not that much interested in other than CTR of course, and finally checked out Gato Roboto and that looks good for those who like Metroid games.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeah, looking forward to that Tunic footage then. The other games not that much interested in other than CTR of course, and finally checked out Gato Roboto and that looks good for those who like Metroid games.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Phogs really gave me that Katamari/Nobinobi Boy feeling of just extremely strange concepts done in a really cute and endearing way, from mechanics to appearance. Definitely a good couple's game, I'd say. It's not super challenging and pushed you into working as a team to meet simple goals.

Heave-Ho was super fun. I really cant wait to play that shit with friends. One of those chaotic cooperative experiences where you're shouting and feeling stress over the littlest of things lol
Same applies to Supermarket Shriek, I suppose, though that's a 2 player experience. I found the cooperative elements to be more akin to Overcooked and in which you're yelling instructions to assure everything goes smoothly and correct lol
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Phogs really gave me that Katamari/Nobinobi Boy feeling of just extremely strange concepts done in a really cute and endearing way, from mechanics to appearance. Definitely a good couple's game, I'd say. It's not super challenging and pushed you into working as a team to meet simple goals.

Heave-Ho was super fun. I really cant wait to play that shit with friends. One of those chaotic cooperative experiences where you're shouting and feeling stress over the littlest of things lol
Same applies to Supermarket Shriek, I suppose, though that's a 2 player experience. I found the cooperative elements to be more akin to Overcooked and in which you're yelling instructions to assure everything goes smoothly and correct lol
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So I just discovered the Ouya was still "alive" and that Razer are shutting it down entirely on June 25th by closing the store and deleting accounts for said store, as well as removing all websites associated with it. I wonder if anyone is even still using this device or even has one for a reason other than collecting. Hmm

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So I just discovered the Ouya was still "alive" and that Razer are shutting it down entirely on June 25th by closing the store and deleting accounts for said store, as well as removing all websites associated with it. I wonder if anyone is even still using this device or even has one for a reason other than collecting. Hmm
Hotspot Offline
Does this avatar make me look fat?
Currently Playing
Overwatch, Legend of Zorldo: Breath of the Winds
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2
XP: 268
Mega Man Bioshock 
(May 24th, 2019, 03:38 AM)Moonface Wrote:

I remember the Ouya! My brother had one. I've heard many of their games were able to go to Steam, so that's good. My brother actually got the guy who made the Duck Game, to give him the game for free on Steam, because he bought on the Ouya.

I should play Dead By Daylight soon, haven't played it since October. My only concern is going against the new killer, the Plague! She throws up on you as an attack. I'm sensitive to that kind of stuff, nasty!!!

Some of my posts are satire, so don't take me too seriously! : P
Hotspot Offline
Does this avatar make me look fat?
Currently Playing
Overwatch, Legend of Zorldo: Breath of the Winds
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2
XP: 268 Mega Man Bioshock 
(May 24th, 2019, 03:38 AM)Moonface Wrote:

I remember the Ouya! My brother had one. I've heard many of their games were able to go to Steam, so that's good. My brother actually got the guy who made the Duck Game, to give him the game for free on Steam, because he bought on the Ouya.

I should play Dead By Daylight soon, haven't played it since October. My only concern is going against the new killer, the Plague! She throws up on you as an attack. I'm sensitive to that kind of stuff, nasty!!!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 24th, 2019, 11:13 PM)Hotspot Wrote:
That's the sort of thing that should really have an optional censor choice for players. Gore should be expected in a game such as DbD, but it sucks that something like that can get added post-launch and be unavoidable for people who don't want to see that sort of thing.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 24th, 2019, 11:13 PM)Hotspot Wrote:
That's the sort of thing that should really have an optional censor choice for players. Gore should be expected in a game such as DbD, but it sucks that something like that can get added post-launch and be unavoidable for people who don't want to see that sort of thing.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
It's not really that bad. I watched Bahroo go against that killer a lot and it's not really all that graphic. Kind of reminds me of something like a Spitter from Left4Dead.

Plus The Plague, from what I've seen, is a pretty awful killer, so you're not likely to run into many of them. Most people stick to the "top tier" Killers like Nurse, Huntress and Hillbilly.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
It's not really that bad. I watched Bahroo go against that killer a lot and it's not really all that graphic. Kind of reminds me of something like a Spitter from Left4Dead.

Plus The Plague, from what I've seen, is a pretty awful killer, so you're not likely to run into many of them. Most people stick to the "top tier" Killers like Nurse, Huntress and Hillbilly.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
As someone that's lived with emetophobia for most of their life (I've just recently got it back down to a fear), animated projectile vomiting doesn't seem to bother me, especially if it's like how DL described it as like a Spitter in L4D.

Finishing off Smash 'N Splash with the SSUltimate Grand Finals, Samsora versus MKLeo. Haven't watched a tourney in a hot minute so it's been entertaining to watch. The Melee finals were actually interesting because Hbox didn't win this time: A 15-year old Captain Falcon did! A Captain Falcon hasn't won a tourney since 2005. The dude was barely a year old! LOL
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
As someone that's lived with emetophobia for most of their life (I've just recently got it back down to a fear), animated projectile vomiting doesn't seem to bother me, especially if it's like how DL described it as like a Spitter in L4D.

Finishing off Smash 'N Splash with the SSUltimate Grand Finals, Samsora versus MKLeo. Haven't watched a tourney in a hot minute so it's been entertaining to watch. The Melee finals were actually interesting because Hbox didn't win this time: A 15-year old Captain Falcon did! A Captain Falcon hasn't won a tourney since 2005. The dude was barely a year old! LOL
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I don't normally care for watching tourneys, but seeing an underdog taking out someone who's been the champion for a long time with a character that hasn't won in over a decade was so satisfying to witness! Grin

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I don't normally care for watching tourneys, but seeing an underdog taking out someone who's been the champion for a long time with a character that hasn't won in over a decade was so satisfying to witness! Grin
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
(Jun 3rd, 2019, 04:14 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
The Melee finals were actually interesting because Hbox didn't win this time: A 15-year old Captain Falcon did! A Captain Falcon hasn't won a tourney since 2005. The dude was barely a year old! LOL
Holy crap, really?! Damn, I wish I was watching that live. Haven't watched Melee tourneys or even Ultimate in too long it seems. Well, Ultimate I kind of got bored of, I don't really know why, probably because I'm not playing. Melee since Armada and M2K (he might've played since though) stopped going to tournaments. I know Armada definitely stopped solo competitive. But damn, a 15 year old kid with Falcon? Must've been nuts, I need to see the crowd reaction right now. XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
The Melee finals were actually interesting because Hbox didn't win this time: A 15-year old Captain Falcon did! A Captain Falcon hasn't won a tourney since 2005. The dude was barely a year old! LOL
Holy crap, really?! Damn, I wish I was watching that live. Haven't watched Melee tourneys or even Ultimate in too long it seems. Well, Ultimate I kind of got bored of, I don't really know why, probably because I'm not playing. Melee since Armada and M2K (he might've played since though) stopped going to tournaments. I know Armada definitely stopped solo competitive. But damn, a 15 year old kid with Falcon? Must've been nuts, I need to see the crowd reaction right now. XD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 7th, 2019, 09:34 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
The crowd was all over it. Even more so because this kid wasn't sponsored by anyone, which just fed into his underdog vibe. I wouldn't be surprised if most of the crowd were rooting for him just to see someone other than Hungrybox win, but weren't necessarily expecting him to actually do it going into the match but began to come around as he held his own and starting taking victories.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 7th, 2019, 09:34 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
The crowd was all over it. Even more so because this kid wasn't sponsored by anyone, which just fed into his underdog vibe. I wouldn't be surprised if most of the crowd were rooting for him just to see someone other than Hungrybox win, but weren't necessarily expecting him to actually do it going into the match but began to come around as he held his own and starting taking victories.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Aw dang, it was Wizzrobe! I started thinking it was a player out of the unknown like Zackray was in Ultimate when he appeared at a tourney who I believe literally is 15/16. XD Was hoping if a Captain Falcon player had a chance at winning a big tourney, it would be him as he placed well in previous tournaments. He played nuts, and beat Hbox plus other notable players to get there. Seems he did quite well in Ultimate too, Top 8. Nice. Grin
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Aw dang, it was Wizzrobe! I started thinking it was a player out of the unknown like Zackray was in Ultimate when he appeared at a tourney who I believe literally is 15/16. XD Was hoping if a Captain Falcon player had a chance at winning a big tourney, it would be him as he placed well in previous tournaments. He played nuts, and beat Hbox plus other notable players to get there. Seems he did quite well in Ultimate too, Top 8. Nice. Grin
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So I just saw that a new Yooka-Laylee game was announced today: Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair.

Not sure if I want to pick it up yet or not. It's nothing to do with disliking what I see; I just didn't feel compelled to want the game from this trailer.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So I just saw that a new Yooka-Laylee game was announced today: Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair.

Not sure if I want to pick it up yet or not. It's nothing to do with disliking what I see; I just didn't feel compelled to want the game from this trailer.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Wow, Yooka-Laylee did well enough to warrant a sequel? Well, after the thrashing they took for their 3D platformer, it looks like their just trying to do 2D now lol.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Wow, Yooka-Laylee did well enough to warrant a sequel? Well, after the thrashing they took for their 3D platformer, it looks like their just trying to do 2D now lol.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do You View Smash Bros. as a Party Game or a Fighting Game? Moonface 5 730 Aug 2nd, 2023, 03:38 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Game creator Content ID'd on his own game Maniakkid25 4 4,847 Dec 7th, 2019, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Moonface