General Game Chat
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
Hey all. Seeing as I'm new here. I thought I'd just jump right into the general chat and tell you a little about what I like in terms of games and the like.

Ok, so first off I've been a gamer since about 1994 or so (I believe I was around 3 years old when I first started playing video games).

The first game I vividly remember beating was Yoshi's Island for the Super Nintendo which is still a favorite of mine.

And I'm currently playing through the original Gears of War for the Xbox 360 and the newest game I'm trying to play through is Terminator: Resistance for the PlayStation 4.

Anywho, that was just a little about myself (after my initial introduction thread). That is all. Smile
WR91 Offline
Casual
Hey all. Seeing as I'm new here. I thought I'd just jump right into the general chat and tell you a little about what I like in terms of games and the like.

Ok, so first off I've been a gamer since about 1994 or so (I believe I was around 3 years old when I first started playing video games).

The first game I vividly remember beating was Yoshi's Island for the Super Nintendo which is still a favorite of mine.

And I'm currently playing through the original Gears of War for the Xbox 360 and the newest game I'm trying to play through is Terminator: Resistance for the PlayStation 4.

Anywho, that was just a little about myself (after my initial introduction thread). That is all. Smile
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,679
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Is it your first time playing Gears @"WrestleRacer91"?
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,679 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
WR91 Offline
Casual
(Sep 29th, 2020, 11:46 PM)Moonface Wrote:
I've owned it since 2008 or 2009 when I got my 360 but yeah besides a chapter or two I've never experienced the game in full. Same goes for GoW 2, 3, and Judgment.

I actually played and beat through the 4th one last year when I had an XB1 for a week and I enjoyed that a lot.
WR91 Offline
Casual
(Sep 29th, 2020, 11:46 PM)Moonface Wrote:
I've owned it since 2008 or 2009 when I got my 360 but yeah besides a chapter or two I've never experienced the game in full. Same goes for GoW 2, 3, and Judgment.

I actually played and beat through the 4th one last year when I had an XB1 for a week and I enjoyed that a lot.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Have you managed to avoid most of the notable story beats so you get to experience the stories in each Gears game blind? It'd be neat if so since I know at least the first three games have really notable story moments.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Have you managed to avoid most of the notable story beats so you get to experience the stories in each Gears game blind? It'd be neat if so since I know at least the first three games have really notable story moments.
WR91 Offline
Casual
(Sep 30th, 2020, 01:57 AM)Moonface Wrote:
I mean a know about a few things that happen. Most notably someone dying in either the second or third game that most people love but other than that, yeah. I'm going into it blind.
WR91 Offline
Casual
(Sep 30th, 2020, 01:57 AM)Moonface Wrote:
I mean a know about a few things that happen. Most notably someone dying in either the second or third game that most people love but other than that, yeah. I'm going into it blind.
Eric Offline
Marvel Nerd
Currently Playing
Spiderman (PS4), Assassin's Creed Origins (PS4), League of Legends (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 2,495
Megami Tensei* Portal 
Just a thought but: regardless of which console anyone prefers, both are going to be a bit of a challenge to store right with most entertainment setups. The PS5 might have a better time since although it looks awkward in any orientation, it's still smaller on its side - but standing up it towers over even the XSX.

The XSX, however, is quite obviously a thicc piece of hardware might not fit in either orientation, assuming people like having their consoles stored in the thin slots underneath most TV stands. I'll likely have mine hiding behind my TV.
Eric Offline
Marvel Nerd
Currently Playing
Spiderman (PS4), Assassin's Creed Origins (PS4), League of Legends (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 2,495 Megami Tensei* Portal 
Just a thought but: regardless of which console anyone prefers, both are going to be a bit of a challenge to store right with most entertainment setups. The PS5 might have a better time since although it looks awkward in any orientation, it's still smaller on its side - but standing up it towers over even the XSX.

The XSX, however, is quite obviously a thicc piece of hardware might not fit in either orientation, assuming people like having their consoles stored in the thin slots underneath most TV stands. I'll likely have mine hiding behind my TV.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Yeah. my gaming setup isn't all that. I have no room for either new console, and even though I was fine packing away my Wii to make space for my PS4 then PS4 Pro I don't know what I'll pack away yet. Don't like the idea of doing so too as I've played on all four this year (GameCube, PS3, PS4 and Switch are all out). Even laying down the PS5 I think will be too much. Hopefully I'll be in a better place/more space if and when I do get a new console.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Yeah. my gaming setup isn't all that. I have no room for either new console, and even though I was fine packing away my Wii to make space for my PS4 then PS4 Pro I don't know what I'll pack away yet. Don't like the idea of doing so too as I've played on all four this year (GameCube, PS3, PS4 and Switch are all out). Even laying down the PS5 I think will be too much. Hopefully I'll be in a better place/more space if and when I do get a new console.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,821
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
I am in way too deep in the ROM hacks and game mods section of TvTropes, and I am very scared. There are TWO different ROMhacks of FFVI that makes everyone into ponies from MLP (Pony Fantasy VI and Filly Fantasy VI), there's one combining Banjo-Kazooie with friggin OCARINA OF TIME WHAT?! (The Legend of Banjo-Kazooie: The Jiggies of Time) Oh, and then there's the mod of 1993 Doom that makes it an H-game (named HDoom, natch), because why not?! What is-what is my life?! Why do I keep finding this crap? I swear I'm not explicitly searching it out! Most of the time.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,821 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
I am in way too deep in the ROM hacks and game mods section of TvTropes, and I am very scared. There are TWO different ROMhacks of FFVI that makes everyone into ponies from MLP (Pony Fantasy VI and Filly Fantasy VI), there's one combining Banjo-Kazooie with friggin OCARINA OF TIME WHAT?! (The Legend of Banjo-Kazooie: The Jiggies of Time) Oh, and then there's the mod of 1993 Doom that makes it an H-game (named HDoom, natch), because why not?! What is-what is my life?! Why do I keep finding this crap? I swear I'm not explicitly searching it out! Most of the time.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Romhacks are amazing. I love SMW ones the most. The versatility of what you can do with base SMW is pretty incredible, and not that hard to do.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Romhacks are amazing. I love SMW ones the most. The versatility of what you can do with base SMW is pretty incredible, and not that hard to do.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,740
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
So I'm starting to get a little more serious about getting a gaming PC finally (if I can resist the temptation of upgrading my phone to the Galaxy Note S20 Ultra that is), though I'm just not sure where to start right now. Trying to figure out which parts are good and which ones aren't worth the time is annoying, and I'm starting to lean more towards just finding a decent pre-built option instead to avoid the headache of having to research every part myself and try to make a decision on each one. Plus the assembly of the PC itself after buying all of the parts just sounds annoying.

So, does anyone know of any pretty good pre-build gaming PCs? I was looking at a couple on NewEgg, but I'm not sure if they're good to buy from or if their pre-builts are actually good or not. I'll keep looking around, but any suggestions would be appreciated. $1,000-$1,200 would be my limit in terms of pricing.
2023 Platinum Goal: 2/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Tunic
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,740 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
So I'm starting to get a little more serious about getting a gaming PC finally (if I can resist the temptation of upgrading my phone to the Galaxy Note S20 Ultra that is), though I'm just not sure where to start right now. Trying to figure out which parts are good and which ones aren't worth the time is annoying, and I'm starting to lean more towards just finding a decent pre-built option instead to avoid the headache of having to research every part myself and try to make a decision on each one. Plus the assembly of the PC itself after buying all of the parts just sounds annoying.

So, does anyone know of any pretty good pre-build gaming PCs? I was looking at a couple on NewEgg, but I'm not sure if they're good to buy from or if their pre-builts are actually good or not. I'll keep looking around, but any suggestions would be appreciated. $1,000-$1,200 would be my limit in terms of pricing.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I got my last pre-built from iBuyPower. Despite the cheesy name, they're pretty legit and give fair pricing. A streamer I watch also bought one from them recently, so despite me buying one about 10 years ago, seems their reputation is still strong. Definitely recommend checking them out Smile
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I got my last pre-built from iBuyPower. Despite the cheesy name, they're pretty legit and give fair pricing. A streamer I watch also bought one from them recently, so despite me buying one about 10 years ago, seems their reputation is still strong. Definitely recommend checking them out Smile
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I checked them out at your recommendation and they seem like a pretty good site. I just need to decide what kind of price range I want to go far and what kind of specs. I don't much care about the "can run ____ at 5,000 FPS!" crap.

I am looking at this one, even though it's a bit higher price than I was originally looking for. It's original price is $1650 and it is on sale for $1350, so I'd be willing to stretch a little bit more to get it if it proves to be a good choice. Just gotta do a bit of research on the parts to see if they're good or not.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I checked them out at your recommendation and they seem like a pretty good site. I just need to decide what kind of price range I want to go far and what kind of specs. I don't much care about the "can run ____ at 5,000 FPS!" crap.

I am looking at this one, even though it's a bit higher price than I was originally looking for. It's original price is $1650 and it is on sale for $1350, so I'd be willing to stretch a little bit more to get it if it proves to be a good choice. Just gotta do a bit of research on the parts to see if they're good or not.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,821
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Yeah, I actually looked at the site too, because my PC is starting to lag behind in power needed to run the newer games I own like Monster Hunter World (it runs on medium-low just fine, and I also have it on Xbone, long story). I don't have the money right now for anything, but hopefully in the coming months I can save up enough to grab one of their starter PCs (I've never been a graphics guy; so long as the game runs smooth, I don't care.)
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,821 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Yeah, I actually looked at the site too, because my PC is starting to lag behind in power needed to run the newer games I own like Monster Hunter World (it runs on medium-low just fine, and I also have it on Xbone, long story). I don't have the money right now for anything, but hopefully in the coming months I can save up enough to grab one of their starter PCs (I've never been a graphics guy; so long as the game runs smooth, I don't care.)
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Yeah, I don't care about "3000000000000 FRAMES PER MILISECOND AT 1000000800000000000000 PIXELS IN YOUR MOTHER FUCKING FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" myself, but I figured if I'm going to go for a gaming PC, I'd like to get one that I know will at least run everything smoothly.

I still haven't pulled the trigger on buying one yet, though. Just can't decide on which one looks like a worthwhile purchase and exactly just how much money I want to throw into this. It's not an easy decision when you're not exactly knowledgeable in all the components of a computer.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Yeah, I don't care about "3000000000000 FRAMES PER MILISECOND AT 1000000800000000000000 PIXELS IN YOUR MOTHER FUCKING FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" myself, but I figured if I'm going to go for a gaming PC, I'd like to get one that I know will at least run everything smoothly.

I still haven't pulled the trigger on buying one yet, though. Just can't decide on which one looks like a worthwhile purchase and exactly just how much money I want to throw into this. It's not an easy decision when you're not exactly knowledgeable in all the components of a computer.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I can't add anything to the choosing a PC discussion since I too know nothing of the subject, so instead I'll share this release date trailer for a game called Phogs that @ShiraNoMai and I played at PAX back in....2019? I forget when we went because I'm stupid. Sigh

It's nothing amazing or anything, but I do love the simplicity of it and it's a fun co-op game to play with a friend. =3

@Dragon Lord: Are you aware a new Gal*Gun got announced with a collector's edition? I saw the news when I came across the Phogs trailer and immediately thought of you. XD

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I can't add anything to the choosing a PC discussion since I too know nothing of the subject, so instead I'll share this release date trailer for a game called Phogs that @ShiraNoMai and I played at PAX back in....2019? I forget when we went because I'm stupid. Sigh

It's nothing amazing or anything, but I do love the simplicity of it and it's a fun co-op game to play with a friend. =3

@Dragon Lord: Are you aware a new Gal*Gun got announced with a collector's edition? I saw the news when I came across the Phogs trailer and immediately thought of you. XD

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do You View Smash Bros. as a Party Game or a Fighting Game? Moonface 5 771 Aug 2nd, 2023, 03:38 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Game creator Content ID'd on his own game Maniakkid25 4 4,903 Dec 7th, 2019, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Moonface