General Game Chat
Yuri Offline
Demons can't touch me!
Currently Playing
Dead by Daylight & Animal Crossing New Horizon (On Friday)
Favourite Platform(s)
Switch & PC
XP: 1,039
Mass Effect (Shiny) Animal Crossing Splatoon 
I feel like it would be a good move business wise for Sony I do question though what they will decide to be more profitable? Its not really like Stadia going to come along and suddenly be competition for any of their market share and Nintendo continues to be off in the corner doing Nintendo things.

Like if they don't raise it they could potentially get more people to buy PS5 this time, but even if they did would raising the price of their online give them a boost over any potential extra money that could get by keeping it the same?
[Image: AbandonedHoarseIncatern-max-1mb.gif]
Yuri Offline
Demons can't touch me!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Switch & PC
I feel like it would be a good move business wise for Sony I do question though what they will decide to be more profitable? Its not really like Stadia going to come along and suddenly be competition for any of their market share and Nintendo continues to be off in the corner doing Nintendo things.

Like if they don't raise it they could potentially get more people to buy PS5 this time, but even if they did would raising the price of their online give them a boost over any potential extra money that could get by keeping it the same?
Moonface Offline
Hell's Bells, hm?
Administrators
Currently Playing
Minecraft (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
XP: 6,016
LittleBigPlanet Ratchet & Clank Crash Bandicoot 
(10 hours ago)Yuri Wrote:
Gotta make more of that $ $ $! I am honestly not really surprised the price of gaming must continue to rise who else will give the CEOs more money if they don't do it themselves? :O

Silliness aside I don't really get their justifications for most of the price hikes going for the generation like honestly....are the graphical jump between the next generation of console really that demanding that the DLCs, Gacha mechanics, and cash shop not enough for them to build these "revolutionary new games"? Eh
Games are expensive to make. For example, Shovel Knight is an incredibly good selling game and yet the developers have come out and said that it did not make them as much profit as you might think. If a game takes three or more years with a few hundred people, all that has to be paid for. Go back a few generations and big games on PS1 were coming out almost every year from the same developers. Longer times mean more work and costs, but when the prices don't go up other means have to be found to get the money. But if a game can't have DLC and such, then what do you do? God of War on PS4 has no DLC, so the only money it makes is from sales. That's a big game so the sales are guaranteed, but smaller sellers will struggle to turn profits. If an indie game is having a hard time to get good profits then I don't want to imagine how it is for the big studios to do it who have way higher costs to deal with.
[Image: tumblr_picdhxmZg01r1fejho5_540.gif]
IN THE SUN, SLEEPING LIKE A BUM.
I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!

Moonface Offline
Hell's Bells, hm?
Currently Playing
Minecraft (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
XP: 6,016
(10 hours ago)Yuri Wrote:
Gotta make more of that $ $ $! I am honestly not really surprised the price of gaming must continue to rise who else will give the CEOs more money if they don't do it themselves? :O

Silliness aside I don't really get their justifications for most of the price hikes going for the generation like honestly....are the graphical jump between the next generation of console really that demanding that the DLCs, Gacha mechanics, and cash shop not enough for them to build these "revolutionary new games"? Eh
Games are expensive to make. For example, Shovel Knight is an incredibly good selling game and yet the developers have come out and said that it did not make them as much profit as you might think. If a game takes three or more years with a few hundred people, all that has to be paid for. Go back a few generations and big games on PS1 were coming out almost every year from the same developers. Longer times mean more work and costs, but when the prices don't go up other means have to be found to get the money. But if a game can't have DLC and such, then what do you do? God of War on PS4 has no DLC, so the only money it makes is from sales. That's a big game so the sales are guaranteed, but smaller sellers will struggle to turn profits. If an indie game is having a hard time to get good profits then I don't want to imagine how it is for the big studios to do it who have way higher costs to deal with.
Yuri Offline
Demons can't touch me!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Switch & PC
Mass Effect (Shiny) Animal Crossing Splatoon 
For most triple A video games companies I honestly believe most of the time they will always be making a profit somehow and they'll do it in a way to make sure they cover every avenue to maximize said profit as they are businesses first thing first make a profit above anything else. For Indie developers I can fully understand most of the time its a passion project and its someone that want to make the game because they want too and a lot of passions projects don't turn out in the end, but they honestly usually sell themselves short because if your game is too expensive customers might not be willing to take a risk on it.

So things like signing an exclusivity deal with epic games, having DLCs, or whatever to make a profit I can understand the indie developers. Its just a lot of triple A games seem like they go for too much. God of War is a solid game and it didn't really need anything to drive home a profit and I think that amazing and I'd rather that still be the industry standard then filling a game to the brim with all this for profit stuff when you will make a profit and be able to invest in even more projects.

If your a free to play game having these things is fine you gotta make your profit somewhere just when you stack everything on top it honestly rubs me in the wrong way.
[Image: AbandonedHoarseIncatern-max-1mb.gif]
Yuri Offline
Demons can't touch me!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Switch & PC
For most triple A video games companies I honestly believe most of the time they will always be making a profit somehow and they'll do it in a way to make sure they cover every avenue to maximize said profit as they are businesses first thing first make a profit above anything else. For Indie developers I can fully understand most of the time its a passion project and its someone that want to make the game because they want too and a lot of passions projects don't turn out in the end, but they honestly usually sell themselves short because if your game is too expensive customers might not be willing to take a risk on it.

So things like signing an exclusivity deal with epic games, having DLCs, or whatever to make a profit I can understand the indie developers. Its just a lot of triple A games seem like they go for too much. God of War is a solid game and it didn't really need anything to drive home a profit and I think that amazing and I'd rather that still be the industry standard then filling a game to the brim with all this for profit stuff when you will make a profit and be able to invest in even more projects.

If your a free to play game having these things is fine you gotta make your profit somewhere just when you stack everything on top it honestly rubs me in the wrong way.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Game creator Content ID'd on his own game Maniakkid25 4 1,667 Dec 7th, 2019, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Moonface