General Game Chat
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,529
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
You use a screensaver or something though, right? I'm just worrying about the screen burn in if the image on it all night is a still one.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,529 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
You use a screensaver or something though, right? I'm just worrying about the screen burn in if the image on it all night is a still one.
Maniakkid25 Online
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
No, and I should, but I have yet to burn the screen. I tend to leave it on dark screens, so that might help. Other than that, hell if I know how I haven't burned a screen yet.
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
No, and I should, but I have yet to burn the screen. I tend to leave it on dark screens, so that might help. Other than that, hell if I know how I haven't burned a screen yet.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Well, if you ever do get screen burn in, the hacky solution I've seen is to just invert the colours of whatever image got burned in so you can reverse burn it. No idea if that would actually revert it to normal though or just give the whole screen an even tan. ROFL

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Well, if you ever do get screen burn in, the hacky solution I've seen is to just invert the colours of whatever image got burned in so you can reverse burn it. No idea if that would actually revert it to normal though or just give the whole screen an even tan. ROFL
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
So, I has a Nintendo Wii now, and it was at a great price: FREE! So, the school I'm working at is shutting down (it's a charter school), and the Wii was a donation that was just gonna get tossed. I asked my boss what was gonna happen to it, and she was like "Why, you want it?"
Me: "...Yes."
Boss: "Go ahead! Have fun with it!"

So, that's a thing that happened. I actually even got a Wii Motion Plus accessory and a Nunchuck, none of which are broken! Anyone want to recommend some games? I'm already looking at Metroid Prime 3 (because the Trilogy is over 100 dollars minimum!), but there has to be others.
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
So, I has a Nintendo Wii now, and it was at a great price: FREE! So, the school I'm working at is shutting down (it's a charter school), and the Wii was a donation that was just gonna get tossed. I asked my boss what was gonna happen to it, and she was like "Why, you want it?"
Me: "...Yes."
Boss: "Go ahead! Have fun with it!"

So, that's a thing that happened. I actually even got a Wii Motion Plus accessory and a Nunchuck, none of which are broken! Anyone want to recommend some games? I'm already looking at Metroid Prime 3 (because the Trilogy is over 100 dollars minimum!), but there has to be others.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,788
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I know the Elden Ring news is going to take center stage today, but...

AHHHHHHHH!!! WE'RE GETTING A SALT AND SANCTUARY SEQUEL!!!!!!

Holy crap I'm so excited about this! Salt & Sanctuary is one of my favorite Souls-like indie games! Absolutely cannot wait to play this one too! If anyone has never heard of or played Salt & Sanctuary, I 1,000,000% recommend it!
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,788 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I know the Elden Ring news is going to take center stage today, but...

AHHHHHHHH!!! WE'RE GETTING A SALT AND SANCTUARY SEQUEL!!!!!!

Holy crap I'm so excited about this! Salt & Sanctuary is one of my favorite Souls-like indie games! Absolutely cannot wait to play this one too! If anyone has never heard of or played Salt & Sanctuary, I 1,000,000% recommend it!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
For those interested in Tales of Arise, Bandai Namco will be airing a special live stream for the game on June 18.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
For those interested in Tales of Arise, Bandai Namco will be airing a special live stream for the game on June 18.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728
Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
oh oh oh oh oooooh! I'm going to watch the highlights. no time to watch a live stream lol
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728 Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
oh oh oh oh oooooh! I'm going to watch the highlights. no time to watch a live stream lol
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Hopefully they show off a more in-depth preview on the combat. The character designs suck absolute ass this time around, so really need the combat and maybe story to carry this entry.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Hopefully they show off a more in-depth preview on the combat. The character designs suck absolute ass this time around, so really need the combat and maybe story to carry this entry.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So I just read that Rockstar is closing down GTA Online for Xbox 360 and PS3, where "GTA Online support will be pulled in two phases. On September 16, 2021, PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Shark Cards will stop being sold. On December 16, the servers for GTA Online will be shut down.

There is no feature to allow players to transfer their GTA Online characters from PS3 or Xbox 360 to a newer console or PC, and so when the servers shut down it is the end of everything for that generation of GTA Online. Additionally, there are no refunds available for Shark Cards, so if you recently bought one unfortunately your balance cannot be rescued or transferred to a newer version of the game."

I didn't know there was no transfer option for this and it makes me super happy I dropped out of GTA Online when I did because it'd be pretty shit to have kept playing and discovered I couldn't take my progress to PS4. Also, to still sell Shark Cards until September despite the fact the funds nor character it's attached to can be transferred out is some top tier bullshit. I'm not against the shut down, just the way it's being handled. Although if anyone on these platforms actually pays for Shark Cards going forward knowing it's going to be worthless in six months, more fool them.

Edit: Just saw a comment on the article I got this from that account transfer was closed years ago because of the amount of cheating going on in PS3 and Xbox 360 that wasn't being monitored and players were bringing billions into the new versions and breaking the economy.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So I just read that Rockstar is closing down GTA Online for Xbox 360 and PS3, where "GTA Online support will be pulled in two phases. On September 16, 2021, PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Shark Cards will stop being sold. On December 16, the servers for GTA Online will be shut down.

There is no feature to allow players to transfer their GTA Online characters from PS3 or Xbox 360 to a newer console or PC, and so when the servers shut down it is the end of everything for that generation of GTA Online. Additionally, there are no refunds available for Shark Cards, so if you recently bought one unfortunately your balance cannot be rescued or transferred to a newer version of the game."

I didn't know there was no transfer option for this and it makes me super happy I dropped out of GTA Online when I did because it'd be pretty shit to have kept playing and discovered I couldn't take my progress to PS4. Also, to still sell Shark Cards until September despite the fact the funds nor character it's attached to can be transferred out is some top tier bullshit. I'm not against the shut down, just the way it's being handled. Although if anyone on these platforms actually pays for Shark Cards going forward knowing it's going to be worthless in six months, more fool them.

Edit: Just saw a comment on the article I got this from that account transfer was closed years ago because of the amount of cheating going on in PS3 and Xbox 360 that wasn't being monitored and players were bringing billions into the new versions and breaking the economy.
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Yeah, this is kind of the problem that people have with "always online": eventually, the servers WILL shut down, and all your stuff is gonna be gone, so...yeah.

I've been looking up games to buy for my shiny Wii, and I'm genuinely amused that often times, the cheapest version of the games I want are the imports from Japan. Because, you know, I have a Japanese Wii and can run it, and I can totally read Japanese, too.
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Yeah, this is kind of the problem that people have with "always online": eventually, the servers WILL shut down, and all your stuff is gonna be gone, so...yeah.

I've been looking up games to buy for my shiny Wii, and I'm genuinely amused that often times, the cheapest version of the games I want are the imports from Japan. Because, you know, I have a Japanese Wii and can run it, and I can totally read Japanese, too.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 21st, 2021, 07:17 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:

Yeah, although at least GTA V has a single player mode. Games without that just become paperweights the second the servers go offline. Or, you can be Ubisoft and disable the servers for Might & Magic X: Legacy and cause everyone to be locked out of anything beyond Act 1 because the game attempts to phone home at the end of that act, but fails to do so because there's no servers. People have found a workaround to get beyond Act 1, but DLC and bonuses are still locked down and can't be accessed in any way. Better yet, Ubisoft is still selling the game on Steam and other outlets despite the fact you can't even play the full game without manually removing the DRM.

I doubt any Wii game worth playing is going to be cheap since the Wii Shop closed down. I remember seeing physical PS3 games skyrocket in price the day after Sony originally announced they were closing the store down.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 21st, 2021, 07:17 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:

Yeah, although at least GTA V has a single player mode. Games without that just become paperweights the second the servers go offline. Or, you can be Ubisoft and disable the servers for Might & Magic X: Legacy and cause everyone to be locked out of anything beyond Act 1 because the game attempts to phone home at the end of that act, but fails to do so because there's no servers. People have found a workaround to get beyond Act 1, but DLC and bonuses are still locked down and can't be accessed in any way. Better yet, Ubisoft is still selling the game on Steam and other outlets despite the fact you can't even play the full game without manually removing the DRM.

I doubt any Wii game worth playing is going to be cheap since the Wii Shop closed down. I remember seeing physical PS3 games skyrocket in price the day after Sony originally announced they were closing the store down.
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Battleborn is a another case of that: that game is completely dead, both single and multiplayer. The servers going down means no one can play anything on it, which is a shame, because I thought it was better than Overwatch, but got buried because it was after Overwatch, and didn't go free-to-play before Paladins. It's fate was basically Karma for Colonial Marines, I swear.

Well, actually, the Tales of Symphonia sequel I managed to find for 15 bucks. An American copy, even! It just depends on the game, tbh. I just find it amusing that the import from Japan is often cheaper than the copy I can actually use.
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Battleborn is a another case of that: that game is completely dead, both single and multiplayer. The servers going down means no one can play anything on it, which is a shame, because I thought it was better than Overwatch, but got buried because it was after Overwatch, and didn't go free-to-play before Paladins. It's fate was basically Karma for Colonial Marines, I swear.

Well, actually, the Tales of Symphonia sequel I managed to find for 15 bucks. An American copy, even! It just depends on the game, tbh. I just find it amusing that the import from Japan is often cheaper than the copy I can actually use.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 22nd, 2021, 02:14 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:

Yeah, I wasn't a fan of Battleborn (mostly out of spite from CM) but the single player content shouldn't be locked down because the servers went off. Any game that does that sucks.

Maybe more copies of Tales were made for Japan since it would have a larger market appeal there? I also wonder if Japan even has people price jacking as much as what people do for things in the west. Hmm

So if anyone hasn't heard, apparently Sega wants to make Sonic a VTuber: https://www.siliconera.com/sonic-the-hedgehog-vtuber/

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him

Yeah, I wasn't a fan of Battleborn (mostly out of spite from CM) but the single player content shouldn't be locked down because the servers went off. Any game that does that sucks.

Maybe more copies of Tales were made for Japan since it would have a larger market appeal there? I also wonder if Japan even has people price jacking as much as what people do for things in the west. Hmm

So if anyone hasn't heard, apparently Sega wants to make Sonic a VTuber: https://www.siliconera.com/sonic-the-hedgehog-vtuber/
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
(Jun 24th, 2021, 07:07 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World is one of the worst rated Tales games ever made, and absolutely hated by a large majority of the fanbase, so I'm not surprised that copies of the Wii version are extremely cheap. Especially since the game got a "remastered" release on the PS3, bundled with the original Tales of Symphonia. 

And yeah, I saw that. Nah man, I'm good. I'll stick to my cute anime girl vTubers.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
(Jun 24th, 2021, 07:07 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World is one of the worst rated Tales games ever made, and absolutely hated by a large majority of the fanbase, so I'm not surprised that copies of the Wii version are extremely cheap. Especially since the game got a "remastered" release on the PS3, bundled with the original Tales of Symphonia. 

And yeah, I saw that. Nah man, I'm good. I'll stick to my cute anime girl vTubers.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Really? What was so bad about it compared to other Tales games? I figured that most of the time they just expand on the established gameplay and most of the changes come with the new story, characters and world.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Really? What was so bad about it compared to other Tales games? I figured that most of the time they just expand on the established gameplay and most of the changes come with the new story, characters and world.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do You View Smash Bros. as a Party Game or a Fighting Game? Moonface 5 773 Aug 2nd, 2023, 03:38 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Game creator Content ID'd on his own game Maniakkid25 4 4,908 Dec 7th, 2019, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Moonface