General Game Chat
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
...well you can't say they didn't have their sources uncited. Shrug

I feel like this was bound to happen at some point? If you're including modern day machinery, like at some point you're going to run into in-use conflict weapons of war. I just... don't know what you'd expect.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
...well you can't say they didn't have their sources uncited. Shrug

I feel like this was bound to happen at some point? If you're including modern day machinery, like at some point you're going to run into in-use conflict weapons of war. I just... don't know what you'd expect.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,821
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
That people wouldn't commit flagrant and obviously stupid violations in Operational Security by revealing actively classified information publicly, especially since Gaijin (the developers of War Thunder) has repeatedly said "No, we will NOT use classified info to update our game, and we WILL report it to the appropriate authorities!"?

What's especially terrifying in all three cases is that the apparent info leaked means that the people who are doing it are active military personnel. The Challenger 2 Leak was a field technical manual, as was the Leclerc. This one upped the ante by having an ACTUAL GODDAMN PENETRATOR IN THE PICTURE! My only question is "Who's gonna be the idiot to leak the composition details of Chobham Armor (AKA the armor type that protects our tanks right now)?"
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,821 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
That people wouldn't commit flagrant and obviously stupid violations in Operational Security by revealing actively classified information publicly, especially since Gaijin (the developers of War Thunder) has repeatedly said "No, we will NOT use classified info to update our game, and we WILL report it to the appropriate authorities!"?

What's especially terrifying in all three cases is that the apparent info leaked means that the people who are doing it are active military personnel. The Challenger 2 Leak was a field technical manual, as was the Leclerc. This one upped the ante by having an ACTUAL GODDAMN PENETRATOR IN THE PICTURE! My only question is "Who's gonna be the idiot to leak the composition details of Chobham Armor (AKA the armor type that protects our tanks right now)?"
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,736
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
So Tactics Ogre Reborn got leaked on PSN, which confirms that it is happening! This checks yet another SE game off of the Nvidia leak list. That leaves only two games on that list left to come true... Final Fantasy Tactics Remaster and Final Fantasy IX Remake.

My hype levels are reaching unheard of heights at this point.
2023 Platinum Goal: 2/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Tunic
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,736 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
So Tactics Ogre Reborn got leaked on PSN, which confirms that it is happening! This checks yet another SE game off of the Nvidia leak list. That leaves only two games on that list left to come true... Final Fantasy Tactics Remaster and Final Fantasy IX Remake.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,667
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Jun 14th, 2022, 01:31 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

Amusingly, searching the game gives its PSN page as the second result on Google, despite the page displaying a "Not available for purchase" message. XD
As for those other games, they're going to happen since I think at this point haven't most of the Nvidia leaks turned out to be true? Hmm
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,667 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Jun 14th, 2022, 01:31 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

Amusingly, searching the game gives its PSN page as the second result on Google, despite the page displaying a "Not available for purchase" message. XD
As for those other games, they're going to happen since I think at this point haven't most of the Nvidia leaks turned out to be true? Hmm
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I'm not sure about other companies, but all of the Square Enix ones have come true, aside from the two I mentioned, still waiting on those.

We'll see about some of the others. We have Capcom's 10-year Dragon's Dogma thing happening soon, and that will likely be where we find out if the Dragon's Dogma 2 leak on that list is going to be true or not.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I'm not sure about other companies, but all of the Square Enix ones have come true, aside from the two I mentioned, still waiting on those.

We'll see about some of the others. We have Capcom's 10-year Dragon's Dogma thing happening soon, and that will likely be where we find out if the Dragon's Dogma 2 leak on that list is going to be true or not.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I think Sony had a few games in that leak which have all since come to pass as going to PC too. I never looked at the whole list to know everything in it though.

I really hope that Dragon's Dogma video leads to an announcement of anything decent. I'm not even a fan of it because I haven't played it but even I thought what Capcom pulled in their showcase with it was a low blow. Errm

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I think Sony had a few games in that leak which have all since come to pass as going to PC too. I never looked at the whole list to know everything in it though.

I really hope that Dragon's Dogma video leads to an announcement of anything decent. I'm not even a fan of it because I haven't played it but even I thought what Capcom pulled in their showcase with it was a low blow. Errm
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
One of the leaks for Sony was a Demon's Souls releasing on PC, which hasn't happened yet, but still plenty of time.

The Square Enix Final Fantasy 25th Anniversary livestream tomorrow should prove to be very interesting. If they announce a Final Fantasy IX Remake during it, I'm gonna lose my shit. There's also rumors that they'll announce a remaster of Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core as well. I know everyone is holding their breath for FFVII Remake Part 2 news, but any reveal of that FFT Remaster or FFIX remake would be 10000000% better.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
One of the leaks for Sony was a Demon's Souls releasing on PC, which hasn't happened yet, but still plenty of time.

The Square Enix Final Fantasy 25th Anniversary livestream tomorrow should prove to be very interesting. If they announce a Final Fantasy IX Remake during it, I'm gonna lose my shit. There's also rumors that they'll announce a remaster of Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core as well. I know everyone is holding their breath for FFVII Remake Part 2 news, but any reveal of that FFT Remaster or FFIX remake would be 10000000% better.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 16th, 2022, 03:05 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
I expect that port will take a bit longer, since it isn't that old yet and Sony seem to only port stuff over once sales have dwindled on console or a sequel is being made and they want to increase the fanbase by putting the current game onto another platform and see if it entices anyone to their ecosystem, and if not then they know those people will eventually buy the sequel whenever it goes to PC.

Alas, it was all entirely FF7 related. I wonder if the FF9 remake will be saved for the gap between FF7R2 and FF7R3 so as to fill the time in. Right now with both FF7R2 and FF16 on the way, adding another full game is probably a lot to take on and runs the risk of them all being too stacked on top of each other and being a detriment.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I expect that port will take a bit longer, since it isn't that old yet and Sony seem to only port stuff over once sales have dwindled on console or a sequel is being made and they want to increase the fanbase by putting the current game onto another platform and see if it entices anyone to their ecosystem, and if not then they know those people will eventually buy the sequel whenever it goes to PC.

Alas, it was all entirely FF7 related. I wonder if the FF9 remake will be saved for the gap between FF7R2 and FF7R3 so as to fill the time in. Right now with both FF7R2 and FF16 on the way, adding another full game is probably a lot to take on and runs the risk of them all being too stacked on top of each other and being a detriment.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Knowing Square, they'll probably be remastering FFIX instead of remaking. Rolleyes
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Knowing Square, they'll probably be remastering FFIX instead of remaking. Rolleyes
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I highly recommend everyone check out the Stepmania and Sound Voltex runs from GDQ last night. I wasn't really sure what to expect and both of those games might be the most impressive showcases of the entire event! Shock

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I highly recommend everyone check out the Stepmania and Sound Voltex runs from GDQ last night. I wasn't really sure what to expect and both of those games might be the most impressive showcases of the entire event! Shock
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
The runs between yesterday to today have been absolutely top tier content. Best GDQ has offered in ages IMO

Those Stepmania/Sound Voltex runs were a technical and physical marvel to witness. The Ocarina of Time Beta Showcase (also known as Triforce%) was just...an incredible technical masterpiece that you just have to witness from beginning to end. Lot of misty eyes in the audiences. The SMW runs/relays were absolutely a great to the eyes and kept you on the edge of your seat. Whew.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
The runs between yesterday to today have been absolutely top tier content. Best GDQ has offered in ages IMO

Those Stepmania/Sound Voltex runs were a technical and physical marvel to witness. The Ocarina of Time Beta Showcase (also known as Triforce%) was just...an incredible technical masterpiece that you just have to witness from beginning to end. Lot of misty eyes in the audiences. The SMW runs/relays were absolutely a great to the eyes and kept you on the edge of your seat. Whew.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
SGDQ overall seemed to have a lot of good runs this year. Out of all the ones I've watched, the only one that really shouldn't have had a spot was the BD/SP glitched run, because it was utterly dull and was definitely not worthy of being a donation incentive game that got given two chances. This being the first time I've paid a lot of attention to runs at a GDQ (mostly because I had to) has made me actually want to go out of my way to watch the events in future.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
SGDQ overall seemed to have a lot of good runs this year. Out of all the ones I've watched, the only one that really shouldn't have had a spot was the BD/SP glitched run, because it was utterly dull and was definitely not worthy of being a donation incentive game that got given two chances. This being the first time I've paid a lot of attention to runs at a GDQ (mostly because I had to) has made me actually want to go out of my way to watch the events in future.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yeah this was a pretty solid line up this year. I think the only day that really didn't have much going for it was Monday, and well, we took advantage of that by going to The Mall of America that day instead ROFL

Frame Fatales (the all-women speedrunning event by GDQ, done as Frost [winter] and Flame [summer]) is coming up soon, and the line-up for that is also pretty damn sick. They've got a Hades 2-Players-1-Controller (Modded for 3 Weapons) run, Pokemon Arceus (Beat Kleavor, which is the first boss in the game), 100% Sayonara Mario World by frozenflygone, another Phasmophobia run (this one is any% Nightmare), and A Hat in Time co-op any% that I'm interested in, so far.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yeah this was a pretty solid line up this year. I think the only day that really didn't have much going for it was Monday, and well, we took advantage of that by going to The Mall of America that day instead ROFL

Frame Fatales (the all-women speedrunning event by GDQ, done as Frost [winter] and Flame [summer]) is coming up soon, and the line-up for that is also pretty damn sick. They've got a Hades 2-Players-1-Controller (Modded for 3 Weapons) run, Pokemon Arceus (Beat Kleavor, which is the first boss in the game), 100% Sayonara Mario World by frozenflygone, another Phasmophobia run (this one is any% Nightmare), and A Hat in Time co-op any% that I'm interested in, so far.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@ShiraNoMai: Ooh, I wasn't really giving much attention to Frame Fatale's since I didn't really know what it was when we saw their table, but those runs sound sick! Wow

Also I thought we had a thread for it but don't, so for anyone who's a Bayonetta fan, a new trailer for B3 dropped and a release date of October 28, 2022!

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@ShiraNoMai: Ooh, I wasn't really giving much attention to Frame Fatale's since I didn't really know what it was when we saw their table, but those runs sound sick! Wow

Also I thought we had a thread for it but don't, so for anyone who's a Bayonetta fan, a new trailer for B3 dropped and a release date of October 28, 2022!

WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
Anybody have thoughts on the original The Last of Us being remade on PS5 and being renamed The Last of Us Part I? I think it's good on one hand since both games will now be using the same mechanics but with the original PS3 title only being under a decade old, I'm not sure it needs a remaster again. Thoughts?
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
Anybody have thoughts on the original The Last of Us being remade on PS5 and being renamed The Last of Us Part I? I think it's good on one hand since both games will now be using the same mechanics but with the original PS3 title only being under a decade old, I'm not sure it needs a remaster again. Thoughts?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do You View Smash Bros. as a Party Game or a Fighting Game? Moonface 5 771 Aug 2nd, 2023, 03:38 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Game creator Content ID'd on his own game Maniakkid25 4 4,900 Dec 7th, 2019, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Moonface